Date

Driver API conference calls

The driver API calls take place on Tuesdays at 17h CET (9h PST) with the goal of improving and freezing those APIs while covering the requirements of all the hardware currently supported by Zephyr.

Below you can find the targets for the two next upcoming calls along with a list of required attendees and the link to join the calls.

Target for the 20th of March:

Required to attend: Tomasz B., Andrzej G., Maureen H., Yannis D.

* Close and freeze the SPI Master API (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/5921)
* Close and freeze SPI slave proposal from Tomasz (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/5921)

Target for the 27th of March:

Required to attend: Tomasz B., Andrzej G., Maureen H.
Optional: Martí B.

* Discuss the Watchdog API (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/1260)
* Requires at least 1 implementation
* Discuss the ADC proposal from Andrzej (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/6176)

Join via: https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Re: "dummy-flash" device tree possible bug?

Diego Sueiro

Kumar,

When you are using one RAM region for both memory & code, are you splitting the region up some how from Zephyr’s perspective?
Rather than ‘dummy-flash’ we need to handle the use case correctly.

From the source code itself, there is no difference. For now, I'm only testing the shell subsys sample application. I'm not storing anything.
The linker does all the necessary job to generate a working/bootable binary.

I tried to use the same memory region for both flash and sram in the dts but the zephyr binary doesn't boot. I compared the elf header between the two approaches and they are different, but since I'm not an expert in linker and program memory layout I haven't looked into it in detail.

*dS
Diego Sueiro

CEO do Embarcados
www.embarcados.com.br

/*long live rock 'n roll*/

On 9 March 2018 at 14:16, Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...> wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2018, at 12:00 AM, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro@...> wrote:
>
> Just to give you an update on this.
>
> It works when using 2 different RAMs regions for flash and. But I still want to understand the usage of the "dummy-flash" and if I'm setting it correctly because I'm having configuration issues #6365  (for now I submitted the PR #6366 to fix this problem).
>
> There will be use cases where just one RAM will be available in the system for Zephyr and this RAM will have to accommodate both code and data. And to get this working I had to apply the mentioned PR and omit the "zephyr,flash" property from dts.

When you are using one RAM region for both memory & code, are you splitting the region up some how from Zephyr’s perspective?

Rather than ‘dummy-flash’ we need to handle the use case correctly.

- k

Re: Is it allowed to use public Bluetooth device address instead of non-resolvable random device address in the project of /sample/bluetooth/mesh_deom?

Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>

Hi Kai,

In proj.conf, you can edit following config option as

CONFIG_BT_PRIVACY=n.

Thanks,
vikrant8051

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018, 8:16 AM Kai Ren <kren@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m using micro:bit to run /sample/bluetooth/mesh_demo/, I found that it use non-resolvable random device address, I’d like to make it use public Bluetooth device address (it’s easy to distinguish on Bluetooth packet sniffer), it is allowed to do? How can I configure it in the ./mesh_demo/ project?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kai

Is it allowed to use public Bluetooth device address instead of non-resolvable random device address in the project of /sample/bluetooth/mesh_deom?

Kai Ren

Hello,

I’m using micro:bit to run /sample/bluetooth/mesh_demo/, I found that it use non-resolvable random device address, I’d like to make it use public Bluetooth device address (it’s easy to distinguish on Bluetooth packet sniffer), it is allowed to do? How can I configure it in the ./mesh_demo/ project?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kai

Re: removing/replace BLE device service/characteristic after its purpose is over

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 3:00 PM, Vikrant More <vikrant8051@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
How to remove removing/replace BLE device service/characteristic after its
purpose is over without device reboot as well as after device reboot ?
http://docs.zephyrproject.org/api/bluetooth.html#generic-attribute-profile-gatt
(bt_gatt_service_unregister)

Thank You !!

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Re: [Zephyr-users] how to increase RX buffer of characteristic for BLE device

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 1:08 PM, Vikrant More <vikrant8051@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

static ssize_t ABCD_write(struct bt_conn *conn, const struct bt_gatt_attr
*attr, const void *buf, u16_t len, u16_t offset, u8_t flags)
{
u8_t *value = attr->user_data;

if (offset + len > 64)
{
return BT_GATT_ERR(BT_ATT_ERR_INVALID_OFFSET);
}

memcpy(value + offset, buf, offset + len);

printk("\n\roffset = %d, len = %d\n\r", offset, len);

return len;
}

For testing I'm sending random 64 bytes of data to one characteristic
using #nrfConnect App but on device side it accepting only 20 Bytes.

printk("\n\roffset = %d, len = %d\n\r", offset, len); <--- Here len = 20
even when actual data size is 64.

So how to increase this limit upto 64 bytes ?
You should probably need to increase the MTU size, though both client
and server have to agree on the MTU, also it is possible to that the
app is using long write procedure so more bytes would follow...

Thank You !!

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Re: License question regarding Silicon Labs EFR32 port

Christian Taedcke

Hello Carles,

Am Mittwoch, den 14.03.2018, 15:43 +0000 schrieb Cufi, Carles:
Hi Christian,