From: Jason Rotella [mailto:jrotella(a)nycap.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:41 PM
To: Leung, Daniel <daniel.leung(a)intel.com>
Cc: devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org; Fausto Hernandez
<hernandez.fausto(a)gmail.com>
Subject: [devel] Re: [RFC] Assign driver_api at compile/link time

Hi Daniel,

Are there plans for Zephyr OS to run on STM32F401 (Nucleo-64) boards?
Adding in Maciek and Yannis to make sure this is seen. We are working slowly on adding in more of the STM32 family. Currently we have the support for the Cortex-M4 processor that the STM32F4 series uses, we just need to get the basic SOC, peripheral support, and specific boards complete.

Daily JIRA Digest

donotreply@...

NEW JIRA items within last 24 hours: 1
[ZEP-199] Zephyr driver model is undocumented

[ZEP-70] Users should be able to use bossa tool for the Arduino Due from the SDK
[ZEP-178] Port Zephyr to Altera Max10 (Nios 2 CPU)

Re: RFC: Timer/Timeout API

Dmitriy Korovkin

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:

Hi Dmitriy,

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Dmitriy Korovkin
<dmitriy.korovkin(a)windriver.com> wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:

Hi Dmitriy,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Dmitriy Korovkin
<dmitriy.korovkin(a)windriver.com> wrote:

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:

Hi,

For the network protocols is quite common to have timers/timeouts for
retrying, etc, and these cold be many in parallel depending on how
many protocols and connections are involved, for that reason the IP
stack actually contains a Timer Fiber to keep track of every timer, it
does basically something like this:

net/ip/net_core.c:666:
while (1) {
/* Run various timers */
next_wakeup = etimer_request_poll();
if (next_wakeup == 0) {
/* There was no timers, wait for fiber_wakeup */
next_wakeup = TICKS_UNLIMITED;
} else {
if (next_wakeup > MAX_TIMER_WAKEUP) {
next_wakeup = MAX_TIMER_WAKEUP;
fiber_sleep(next_wakeup);
}

This actually uses contiki etimer infra but that in the end is using
nano_timer as a backend.

In the other hand in the Bluetooth stack we actually use delayed
fibers, but that requires each and every timeout to create its own
stack to be run separately which adds more footprint to the stack, so
we would like to use the same approach of IP stack and share the same
fiber/stack but without having to resort to any contiki API.

I am not quite sure I understand the problem. Kernel keeps the track of
nanokernel timers and timeouts. If needed, each fiber can wait on a
timer (one fiber per timer). Not sure, what is the need for a separate
fiber
that runs through the timers.

By kernel I guess you mean that each fiber has a capability to run
timers, which is not useful in case of net subsystem since that
requires each and every timeout to have a dedicated stack.
In other words, the idea of several fibers does not work for you, I see.

With this in mind Id like to get some opinions regarding the design of
a Timer/Timeout API:

- Shall this be global/system wide or net specific? I think it could
be global enabled with a Kconfig option and perhaps make _nano_timeout
API public.

Depends on what is needed. If this is a global change (apility for
multiple
fibers to wait on one timer, for instance), this should be global.

I never said we want the ability for multiple fibers to wait on one
timer, it is actually the opposite that we are doing in IP since there
is a single fiber managing multiple nano_timers calling a callback
when they expire. Anyway I starting to think we would be better off
prototyping this under net so we get the ball rolling.

- Perhaps have the API flexible enough so private fiber could be used
instead in case one don't want to use the global one?

As the kernel keeps track of the timers, there may be something else is
needed.

As I understand the kernel has APIs to put a fiber/task to sleep for
an x amount of ticks, blocking them, it doesn't have any API that the
user provide a callback which gets called when the timer expire
without blocking or requiring a new fiber for each call.
Ok, now it gets clearer. You are asking for a nanokernel timer API that
executes a registered callback when it expires. I do not think it is a good
idea to execute callbacks in ISR context, which brings us to an idea
of a fiber that executes these callbacks. Is this what you are asking for?
For this we need to make sure that a fiber can sleep on multiple timers.
The stack size for this fiber should be configurable.
Does it look good?
Yes, it is actually what we already have in IP which maintain a fiber
to execute the callbacks but the API is based on contiki etimers which
is something we would not like to use in Bluetooth. We have actually
discussed about using ISR context and came to the same conclusion that
it is perhaps not a good idea, although the callback should not block
either since that would block other callbacks to be executed. This
concept in fact is very similar to Linux Workqueues, but in Linux it
is possible to create dedicated workqueues which perhaps is useful for
drivers, etc. Anyway I started prototyping for Bluetooth first to see
how it works in practice.
I would suggest starting with RFC, as it may be good to have it
implemented in the Zephyr OS kernel:
If we enable NANO_TIMER_CALLBACK config option, we start a fiber that
sleeps on all the nanokernel timers that have registered a callback
function. When this fiber starts, it may probably just call
_nano_fiber_swap() and wait. When we register a nano_timer callback,
we add the "callback fiber" tcs to the timer, as if the fiber is
waiting for this timer to expire. And do same things with all the other
timers when register a callback for them. When the timer expires, it
wakes up the callback fiber, fiber walks through the expired timers
(somehow) and executes their callbacks. Then it calls _nano_fiber_swap()
and waits for another timer to expire.
This is just a rough idea and it opens several questions:
- do we need both timer with a callback and a fiber (not the "callback
fiber") waiting for it.
- do we need an argument for the callback? Should the argument be the user
data pointer that we have for the nano timer?
- how is it better to keep the callback pointer? For each nanokernel
timer or within the "callback fiber" list?
- how to get the list of expired timers without walking through the list
of all the registered ones?

Regards,
/Dmitriy.

Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...

NEW within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1364 : doc: sphinx conf: use env var in sphinx doc version
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1381 : tests: Pend microkernel tasks on nanokernel objects
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1380 : nanokernel: [un]block tasks on nanokernel objects infrastructure
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1379 : microkernel: [un]block tasks on nanokernel objects infrastructure
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1378 : kernel: Add thread parameter to _nano_wait_q_put()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1377 : nanokernel: Add thread parameter to _NANO_TIMEOUT_ADD()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1376 : kernel: Init back pointer to microkernel task
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1375 : nanokernel: Add back pointer to microkernel task
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1374 : microkernel: Add TF_NANO wait flag reason
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1373 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Make common l2cap_chan_get
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1372 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Make common l2cap_send_reject
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1367 : device: add macro to assign driver_api at compile time
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1368 : pinmux/dev: convert to use DEVICE_AND_API_INIT()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1362 : doc/board: Add documentation file for olimexino_stm32
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1361 : boards/olimexino_stm32: add new board
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1363 : sanitycheck: Add olimexino_stm32 board to sanitycheck
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1370 : arduino_101: Do not duplicate GPIO select
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1371 : quark_se_devboard: Do not select GPIO
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1365 : template_dir: More sanity checks deleting files

UPDATED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1105 : doc: Edit microkernel API links
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1341 : sensor: add driver for LSM9DS0 accel and magn
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1340 : sensor: add the posibility to fetch one data type
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1303 : sensors: add driver for TMP007 infrared thermopile sensor
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1278 : sensor: fix coding style (bmc150 and lsm9ds0)
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1356 : drivers/nble: Fix spelling typo
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1342 : cc2520: Enable hardware filtering all the time
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1304 : net: Test random is necessary to use CC2520 as radio driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1305 : cc2520: Set short address and ieee address from the driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/932 : drivers: Quark flash support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1325 : power_mgmt: Provide APIs for devices to signal busy to PM policy mgr
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1360 : sensor: fix init driver_api
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1112 : microkernel: deprecate task IRQs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1113 : nanokernel: deprecate dynamic IRQs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1235 : hosttools-tarball.bb: Integrate Python 3 into SDK
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1217 : stm32: reorganise soc directory and use family/series
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/914 : gpio: Improve the public API to handle multi callbacks
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1201 : Bluetooth: tester: Add support for seqence gatt database

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1366 : flash/spi_flash_w25qxxdv: do not set driver_api if init fails
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1320 : doc: move device driver to a new section
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1322 : doc: Fixed structure in collab guide
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1327 : doc: fix wording in device documentation
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1323 : docs: remove notes from bluetooth document
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1321 : doc: create subsystem section
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1328 : doc: make naming conventions apply to none kernel functions
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1346 : doc: remove networking configuration section
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1345 : docs: Getting Started overhaul
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1347 : doc: remove usage of sudo and reduce notes
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1255 : relocate_sdk.patch: Fix file sections overwrites
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1205 : gcc-4.sc.iamcu.inc: Enable LTO

Re: RFC: Timer/Timeout API

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Re: state of development and participation

Idupsle <idupsle@...>

Hi Maureen,

NXP is a founding member of the Zephyr project, so yes we will
definitely continue working on it. We're still in the early stages
though and will be ramping up in the coming months.
I'm very glad to hear this.

Otherwise I'd like start to develop a little more for my K64, but
looking at those amount of daily changes, especially at the core
api - is it wiser to wait a few months? I really would like to
contribute a litte bit in my sparse spare time to get this board
a little bit more usable :)
I'd encourage you to submit such patches. The APIs should no
longer be bouncing around. If they are, please call us out on when
it is happening.
What APIs are you most interested in using with the K64?
First I was interested for the onboard peripherals, like the RGB-LED and the
accelerometer. But these were only for tests.
Originally I bought this board for the combination of i2c-uart/data-logging and
processing(handy FPU) as well as communiction over the ethernet port.
So, uart and I2C(Not tested yet - maybe it is implemented?) and the SDHC would
be my VIA - very importand APIs :) Ethernet a nice-to-have.

Idups

PS: the Hardware-RNG - found it later in the manual; but I'ld like to add some
gaussian noise to the data-processing+filtering - so this would also be very
nice, if implemented.

Re: [RFC] Assign driver_api at compile/link time

Jason Rotella <jrotella@...>

Hi Daniel,

Are there plans for Zephyr OS to run on STM32F401 (Nucleo-64) boards?

Thanks,
Jason

On Apr 12, 2016, at 6:37 PM, Daniel Leung <daniel.leung(a)intel.com> wrote:

Problem Statement:
Shrink binary size by doing driver_api assignment at compile/link time.

Problem Description:
For some drivers, the assignment of driver_api is unconditionally done.
This is especially true for drivers that will never fail initialization,
hence there is no need to set NULL. Therefore, the assignment of
driver_api can be statically done at compile/link time, and skips
the code to do the assignment at runtime.

Proposal:
To achieve this, a new API is proposed to do the extra work of
assignment when the driver instance is declared. The current
mechanism of declaring a driver instance (via DEVICE_INIT())
remains the same, which still requires the driver init function
to do the assignment.

The code can be seen at [1]. The changes to the pinmux/dev drivers
can be seen at [2], where similar changes can be applied to other
drivers. Here is the results from sanitycheck after [2]:

galileo : tests/drivers/pinmux/test_pinmux_dev
ram_size -10, is now 33255 -0.03%
rom_size -10, is now 27075 -0.04%

quark_se_devboard : tests/drivers/pinmux/test_pinmux_dev
rom_size -7, is now 13278 -0.05%

arduino_due : tests/drivers/pinmux/test_pinmux_dev
rom_size -8, is now 5732 -0.14%

stm32_mini_a15 : tests/drivers/pinmux/test_pinmux_dev
rom_size -8, is now 7712 -0.10%

frdm_k64f : tests/drivers/pinmux/test_pinmux_dev
rom_size -8, is now 7992 -0.10%

nucleo_f103rb : tests/drivers/pinmux/test_pinmux_dev
rom_size -8, is now 7696 -0.10%

arduino_101 : tests/drivers/pinmux/test_pinmux_dev
rom_size -7, is now 13291 -0.05%

quark_d2000_crb : tests/drivers/pinmux/test_pinmux_dev
rom_size -7, is now 5219 -0.13%

[1] https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1367
[2] https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1368

[RFC] Assign driver_api at compile/link time

Daniel Leung <daniel.leung@...>

[...]

Re: [RFC] Device: device_get_binding() returns NULL if device fails initialization

Benjamin Walsh <benjamin.walsh@...>

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 08:58:34PM +0000, Boie, Andrew P wrote:

I already got feedback from people developing either drivers or sample
application for Rocket, basically playing to role of customers of
Zephyr, and I can already say that, for people used to writing software
against APIs that experience a very minimal amount of changes (i.e.
I'm not advocating anything w.r.t. a policiy for changing APIs right
now, but this is a data point.
I think we shouldn't change our existing APIs at all. They should be
treated as a contract. Someone who builds code against 1.0 should be
able to do so against later versions until we make a conscious
decision otherwise.

I think if we want to change something, we mark the old APIs with
__attribute__((deprecated)) so that it's clear that the old API is
going away at some point by generating a warning. But they should
still be *usable*.

Then, in the fullness of time, remove the APIs that were previously
deprecated. Whether that is Zephyr 1.5, 2.0, doesn't matter to me.

VxWorks), they did _not_ like the fact that even a small amount of
our APIs is in flux. It basically causes lost time and frustration.
What specifically changed that caused consternation?
I don't remember exactly. One of the them was some renaming of either
pinmux or gpio functions/structures.

Re: [RFC] Device: device_get_binding() returns NULL if device fails initialization

Boie, Andrew P

[...]

Andrew

Re: [RFC] Device: device_get_binding() returns NULL if device fails initialization

Thomas, Ramesh

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 10:27:20, Leung, Daniel wrote:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 09:07:00AM +0200, Tomasz Bursztyka wrote:
Hi Ramesh,

> > > The idea was that the kernel could not really do
> > > anything when a driver failed initialization, so why not getting rid
of returns
> > > to save a few bytes. The burden of determining whether it is a
critical error
> > > during init is up to the driver. If there is a critical error, the driver
> > > should assert (and setting driver_api to NULL).
> > >
> > > There are situations where there are non-critical erros during
initialization.
> > > For example, the I2C driver, failure to set default configuration is
not
> > > critical. As long as the developer sets it later, the driver can still
function.
> > > However, with the above code, this non-critical error will cause
driver_api
> > > to be NULL, which prevents its usage at all. The driver writer
should know
> > > whether an error prevents the device from functioning at all. So
it should be
> > > up to driver writer to set driver_api to NULL. One can argue that a
non-critical
> > > error should not return anything other than 0. But then it is not
passing on
> > > the information that there is a non-critical error (though the
kernel does not

Not sure how the method in the RFC differentiates between critical
and
non-critical errors. Isn't the driver also *not* passing on the
non-critical error status to the app by not setting device_api = NULL in
those cases? Then how will the app know that it needs to do
something to
correct such non-critical errors?

If this is merely a way to indicate that the driver is in an unusable
error state, then how is it different from critical error? - which is
not expected to happen in production releases.

The idea is to let the driver decide whether it is still functioning or
not.
Unusable state is a critical error to me.
A non critical error, means it is still ok to work, thus the driver API
will be set.
If the driver stops at non-critical error and do not set the API, it's not
really a non-critical error then.
(or it's a bug)

I don't see much trouble with that. Up to drivers to decide

And anyway, in 99.9% of the drivers: there will be critical errors only I
guess (unable to get
a device binding, to configure some register...).

Tomasz
Ramesh, in a production release, there should not be any non-critical
errors
at device initialization (hence "production"). In a production
environment,
the null-returning can be used as a mechanism to signify a major
problem,
for example, a peripheral breaks down in the field. Notification then can
be
made to replace the faulty hardware, if so desired.
I see. So the method in the RFC is to assist in diagnosis or notification of critical
errors.

----------
Daniel Leung

Re: [RFC] Device: device_get_binding() returns NULL if device fails initialization

Benjamin Walsh <benjamin.walsh@...>

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 10:22:21AM -0700, Daniel Leung wrote:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 10:22:13AM -0400, Benjamin Walsh wrote:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 09:12:19AM +0200, Tomasz Bursztyka wrote:
Hi Daniel and Anas,

and all the existing drivers in one go as well.
I hope we don't consider Kernel device API (init and stuff) as part of
"API 1.0".
The init change will be in another RFC. I am testing locally to see how much
space we can actually save. If it is minimal or non-existent, there is no need
to do that.
Saving even a minimal amount of bytes is good to consider, as long
as it does not reduce
features etc... and that RFC is actually fixing things.

AFAIK, the device init interface is not API from my understanding. Application
should not be using these in their code. They are internal to the kernel and
drivers.
IMO the driver interface is still considered public APIs.
Someone might be using those to write drivers external to Zephyr, changing the signatures will break such drivers.
How long are we supposed to support this API 1.0? Can't we drop some
of its specifics in, let's say, 1.5?
The more we will have to support all of it, the less we will be able
to proceed on some interesting changes. :(
I already got feedback from people developing either drivers or sample
application for Rocket, basically playing to role of customers of
Zephyr, and I can already say that, for people used to writing software
against APIs that experience a very minimal amount of changes (i.e.
VxWorks), they did _not_ like the fact that even a small amount of our
APIs is in flux. It basically causes lost time and frustration.

I'm not advocating anything w.r.t. a policiy for changing APIs right
now, but this is a data point.
Is this only about changing the APIs (like adding parameters, etc)?
How about adding APIs (but still keep the existing API unmodified)?
Changing APIs.

> [...]

How long are we supposed to support this API 1.0? Can't we drop some
of its specifics in, let's say, 1.5?
The more we will have to support all of it, the less we will be able
to proceed on some interesting changes. :(
I already got feedback from people developing either drivers or sample
application for Rocket, basically playing to role of customers of
Zephyr, and I can already say that, for people used to writing software
against APIs that experience a very minimal amount of changes (i.e.
VxWorks), they did _not_ like the fact that even a small amount of our
APIs is in flux. It basically causes lost time and frustration.

I'm not advocating anything w.r.t. a policiy for changing APIs right
now, but this is a data point.
Is this only about changing the APIs (like adding parameters, etc)?
How about adding APIs (but still keep the existing API unmodified)?

Zephyr environment maintenance Sat, Apr 16, 0800 - 1000 PDT

Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg@...>

When: Saturday, April 16, 8AM - 10AM PDT (15:00-17:00 UTC)
What: Zephyr environment
Why: OS security updates and reboots

Impact
Services will be unavailable briefly as the systems are rebooted.

Jenkins will be paused to avoid having jobs fail due to missing
resources prior to the outage.

NOTE: Since upgrading to Gerrit 2.12.x Gerrit now takes a significant
amount of time to restart (anywhere form 5 - 20 minutes).

If you have any concerns, please contact helpdesk(a)zephyrproject.org

A notice will be sent out prior too and again after the maintenance as
well as a note in #zephyrproject on Freenode

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Systems Administrator

Daily JIRA Digest

donotreply@...

NEW JIRA items within last 24 hours: 4
[ZEP-190] Failed to receive loopback packet.
[ZEP-187] BLE APIs are not documented
[ZEP-188] IPStack/6LoWPAN/15.4 APIs are not documented
[ZEP-189] PINMUX QMSI shim api pinmux_pin_get is not implemented

[ZEP-53] enable kernel_event_logger on ARC
[ZEP-177] Windows build with MinGW

Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...

NEW within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1360 : sensor: fix init driver_api
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1357 : sensors: use SENSOR_G constant in all accelerometer drivers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1358 : sensors: bma280: fix slope threshold measurement unit
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1353 : samples: Using new GPIO API callbacks
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1354 : cc2520: Using new GPIO API callbacks
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1350 : samples: Use consistent file naming for project config file

- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1271 : sensors: Using new GPIO API callbacks
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1257 : 802.15.4/cc2520: move driver_api assignment later
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1201 : Bluetooth: tester: Add support for seqence gatt database
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1200 : Bluetooth: tester: Update server commands with sequence params
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1202 : Bluetooth: tester: Return pre defined db offset on start server
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/914 : gpio: Improve the public API to handle multi callbacks
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1307 : net: contiki: Enable 802.15.4 auto-ack for null RDC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/999 : Bluetooth: BR/EDR: Initiate encryption on link
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/998 : Bluetooth: BR/EDR: Initiate authentication
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1034 : Bluetooth: BR/EDR: Notify about pairing while JustWorks
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1325 : power_mgmt: Provide APIs for devices to signal busy to PM policy mgr
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1221 : new SoC naming convention
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1135 : boards: nucleo: Adding flash support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1326 : power_mgmt: Sample usage of device_xxx__busy() APIs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1217 : stm32: reorganise soc directory and use family/series
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1219 : soc: introduce SoC families and series
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1214 : stm32: rename CONFIG_SOC_STM32 -> CONFIG_SOC_FAMILY_STM32
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1215 : stm32: rename SOC_STM32F1X -> SOC_SERIES_STM32F1X
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1263 : build: support icx llvm compiler
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1342 : cc2520: Enable hardware filtering all the time
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1305 : cc2520: Set short address and ieee address from the driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1306 : cc2520: Make AUTOACK working

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1359 : cc2520: Make the generated MAC address to look more random
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1344 : net: fix uip_udp_conn leak
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1349 : build: Add a toolchain file for the GCC ARM Embedded toolchain
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1348 : sanitycheck: align output for easier visual comparison
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1355 : Bluetooth: drivers/nble: Fix minor coding style issue
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1352 : drivers/nble: Implement multiple read in bt_gatt_read
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1351 : drivers/nble: Update RPC to Nordic BLE Module
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1262 : serial/uart.h: no need to check driver_api being NULL
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1259 : uart/nsim: fixed missing driver_api assignment
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1258 : gpio/pcal_9535a: move driver_api assignment later
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1329 : openocd: make openocd variables overridable from env
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1261 : device_get_binding() returns NULL if driver_api is not set
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1260 : spi/intel: move driver_api assignment later
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1256 : pwm/pca_9685: move driver_api assignment later
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1313 : samples: A test app for spi flash
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1337 : gpio: dw: Activate by default on D2000
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1316 : nano_fifo: Fix problem with nano_fifo and timeouts
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/997 : Bluetooth: BR/EDR: Move up code in conn.c
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1339 : Revert "Bluetooth: Fix compare logic in ATT read rsp"
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1338 : drivers/nble: Correct auth configuration for No Input / Output

Re: [RFC] Device: device_get_binding() returns NULL if device fails initialization

Tomasz Bursztyka

Hi Benjamin,

[...]

Thus why we may enforce a version of the API vs a Zephyr version. And
move on with a new one.
If they want to get stuck with API 1.0 they could use Zephyr 1.2 (1.3
maybe) and that's it.

Our APIs are, on many aspects, like prototype APIs.
It's not surprising we are willing to modify them, and some quite a lot
actually.

Also: we may keep the public API compatible, but the device driver API
below might change.
Unless we want to bloat our drivers.

Tomasz

7621 - 7640 of 8113