- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2184 : arc: support microkernel on ARC

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2190 : Bluetooth: nble: Extend BTP with Identity Resolved event
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2189 : Bluetooth: tester: Correct flushed data length
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2110 : console: shell: Add return to command callback

Daily JIRA Digest

donotreply@...

NEW JIRA items within last 24 hours: 1
[ZEP-397] Undeclared functions when building kernel_event_logger for ARC microkernel

[ZEP-396] Enable Microkernel on ARC platforms

Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...

NEW within last 24 hours:

UPDATED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2178 : arc: Adding EM9D SOC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2179 : arc: Adding EM11D SOC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2010 : samples: gpio: lcd: sample app for HD44780 LCD controller
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2184 : arc: support microkernel on ARC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2171 : uart: use qmsi driver for quark_se sensor subsystem
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2173 : qmsi: move drivers and hal to ext/hal
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2095 : i2c: quark se: Add QMSI 1.1-based I2C shim driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2175 : checkpatch: exclude ext/ from checks
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2100 : uart: qmsi: do not include ioapic.h on non x86 systems
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2174 : checkpatch: add option for excluding directories
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2097 : adc: quark se: Add QMSI 1.1-based ADC shim driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2092 : quark_se: spi: use qmsi spi driver on sensor sub-system
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2093 : gpio: quark se: Add QMSI 1.1-based GPIO shim driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2091 : spi: quark se: Add QMSI 1.1-based SPI shim driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2096 : quark_se: i2c: use qmsi i2c driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2099 : apds9960: Fix reference to i2c driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2094 : quark_se: gpio: use qmsi gpio driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2090 : quark se: build sensor subsystem files
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2089 : qmsi: update qmsi to 1.1 alpha

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2185 : Revert "nanokernel: Add callback to _nano_timeout"
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2045 : doc: Restructure top level sections.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2077 : sensor: remove CONFIG_SENSOR_DEBUG

Re: Structure for external libraries, HAL

Nashif, Anas

On 21 May 2016, at 10:53, Kumar Gala <kumar.gala(a)linaro.org> wrote:

On May 19, 2016, at 11:48 AM, Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif(a)intel.com> wrote:

Hi,
As you are probably already aware, we have a few changes in review that add external components to Zephyr, especially the CMSIS headers needed for porting more Cortex-M MCUs and board.
Zephyr already has some external components. Some will need to move to the new proposed location outlined below.

Proposal:

create a top level directory for all external components and headers with the following structure (slightly modified):

ext/
hal/
cmsis
qmsi
ksdk
lib/
tinycrypt
matt-bar
lwm2m-foo
foo-tls
….

we should be able to add more 2nd level categories under ext/, we might consider having drivers for example for drivers from vendor SDKs that are well tested and verified.

The advantages of having all the code in one place:
- easy to update and maintain
- files of the same license and from the same source all in one location
- can be excluded from zephyr style checks easily (to make CI happy)
- no contamination with original zephyr code

disadvantages:
- the code will be in a location different from where it is being used and referenced
- need to create cross references across the tree
- …

We plan to make this final by next week. If you have any concerns or other suggestions please raise them now.

Anas
We should probably document rules on import in ext/README. Mostly around documenting to origins of the code import (i.e., what should be in a commit message, what meta file that documents the source of the code, what version or SHA/tag, etc).

Also, probably having a READMEs in ext/hal & ext/lib that has a one liner or two about what things are:

kext - NXP Kinetis SDK drivers
qmsi - Intel Quark Microcontroller Software Interface
cmsis - ARM Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard

(etc)
Yeah, README is fine here, I would also add this to the documentation, including usage and policies etc for external modules.

The other option would be a file kinda structured like MAINTAINERS in top level ext/hal & ext/lib that gets updated on imports:

ext/hal/README:

D: directory
T: (source tree repo)
V: (repo version/tag info)

CMSIS - ARM Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard
D: cmsis
T: https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS
V: v4.5.0

NXP Kinetis SDK drivers
D: kext
T: http://kex.nxp.com/
V: v2

QMSI - Intel Quark Microcontroller Software Interface
D: qmsi
T: https://github.com/01org/qmsi
V: v1.0.1
I would add those to the top level MAINTAINERS file we are planning to add. I do not thing we need another MAINTAINERS file.

Anas

(Needs some hashing out on the details related to how to handle version info/tags/SHAs)

- k

Re: Structure for external libraries, HAL

Nashif, Anas

On 21 May 2016, at 10:24, Kumar Gala <kumar.gala(a)linaro.org> wrote:

On May 20, 2016, at 8:03 PM, Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif(a)intel.com> wrote:

hi,
A followup to this: I just submitted a patch to exclude ext/hal from checkpatch.
The primary reason was how CI works. CI aborts if it finds any style issues and it does not complete the unit testing and other checks, so to be able to get full coverage also on external code being submitted, checkpatch will not skip files that are part of this directory.

Anas
Shouldn’t all of ext/ be excluded from checkpatch? Seems like ext/lib will have same issues.
Right, changed to ^ext/

Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...

NEW within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2169 : scripts: Add the ISA to the path of included libraries for GCC ARM Embedded
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2184 : arc: support microkernel on ARC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2183 : tests: remove duplicate kernel configs and usage of ARCH
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2175 : checkpatch: exclude ext/hal from checks
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2182 : arc: linker.ld modified to handle DRAM configuration as well
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2181 : arc: Adding ARC EM Starter Kit board support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2173 : qmsi: move drivers and hal to ext/hal
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2174 : checkpatch: add option for excluding directories
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2171 : uart: use qmsi driver for quark_se sensor subsystem
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2165 : quark_se_devboaed: do not configure uart0 by default
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2172 : ksdk: Import Kinetis SDK device support for K64F
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2170 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Refactor bt_l2cap_chan type
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2167 : drivers/nble: Implement pairing confirm function
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2168 : drivers/nble: Implement bt_conn_auth_cancel()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2164 : build: properly quote CFLAGS in zephyrmake

UPDATED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2081 : drivers: Add basic GPIO and UART support for nRF52
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2007 : cmsis: Import CMSIS-Core header files
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2082 : boards: Add support for the nRF52 DK board (PCA10040)
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1904 : arm: Add CMSIS-CORE v4.50 include header files
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1903 : arm: Add support for Nordic Semiconductor's nRF52 series of ICs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2070 : build: create libzephyr.a and link it in instead of objects
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2039 : nano_work: Add delayed version
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2040 : tests: Add tests for delayed workqueue
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1907 : frdm_k64f: add flash target using openocd
[...]
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2008 : ksdk: Import Kinetis SDK drivers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2128 : quark: move pinmux files to board/
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2129 : remove custom pinmux for quark and use qmsi
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2135 : arduino due: move pinmux code to board definition
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2131 : pinmux: move galileo pinmuxing to board/galileo
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2132 : galileo: Remove pinmux kconfigs for the board and reuse existing
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2130 : pinmux: remove pinmux.h and define structs where needed
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2134 : pinmux: fix naming inconsistency
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2133 : galileo: merge pinmux code into one file
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1790 : doc: Edit power management technical content.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2086 : net: apps: zperf - add TCP client

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2177 : arc: adding "all rights reserved" to banner
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2166 : doc: fix Arduino 101 documentation formatting issues
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2037 : nano_work: Add nano_work_init
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2038 : nanokernel: Add callback to _nano_timeout
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2069 : trivial: fix comment style
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2068 : quark_se_sss_devboard: fix flashing with openocd
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2116 : spi: Stability improvements to the DesignWare SPI driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2071 : build: add more dependencies to build process
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2098 : samples: Use GPIO_0 as the default instance

Re: Structure for external libraries, HAL

Kumar Gala

On 19 May 2016, at 12:48, Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif(a)intel.com> wrote:

[...]

On 20 May 2016, at 13:11, Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi(a)nordicsemi.no> wrote:

Hi Anas,

[...]

Would that replace the current lib/ folder, or would it live side-by-side? In any case +1 for the ext/ suggestion, we already do the same in some internal projects and it's proven to be practical.
it will not replace lib/. Lib currently has both the minimal c library implementation and tiny crypt. We might need to move tiny-crypt to ext/lib though.

Also worth mentioning that although CMSIS-CORE is made up of headers only, there are some components such as CMSIS-DSP [1] which are full-blown libraries and might or might not be considered strictly "hal”.
Well, those can go under ext/lib for example :-)

[1] https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS/tree/master/CMSIS/DSP_Lib

Re: Zephyr Jenkins maintenance Friday, May 20, 2016 @ 17:00 - 18:00 PT

Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg@...>

This work has been completed.

-Andy-

On 05/20/2016 05:07 PM, Andrew Grimberg wrote:
My apologies I failed to get the reminder out before this work started.

No jobs will have been lost as the Jenkins system was configured to hold
queue 30 minutes prior and all jobs had completed before the works tarted.

-Andy-

On 05/19/2016 09:04 AM, Andrew Grimberg wrote:
When: Friday, May 20, 2016 @ 17:00 - 18:00 PDT (00:00 - 01:00 UTC)
What: Zephyr Jenkins
Why: Cloud vendor backend storage migration

Impact:
The primary Jenkins node as well as the sandbox / job design node will
be taken offline as the vendor migrates the instances onto a new storage
backend that will enable better fault tolerance along with better cloud
migratability of the instances.

The vendor is estimating that the nodes will be offline for 15 - 20
minutes but just to be safe we're scheduling a full hour for possible
outage.

If you have any concerns, please contact helpdesk(a)zephyrproject.org

A notice will be sent out prior too, and again after, the maintenance as
well as notice in #zephyrproject on Freenode.

-Andy-
--
Andrew J Grimberg
Systems Administrator

[...]

Carles Cufi

Hi Anas,

[...]

Carles

[1] https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS/tree/master/CMSIS/DSP_Lib

Daily JIRA Digest

donotreply@...

NEW JIRA items within last 24 hours: 3
[ZEP-386] Change Freescale to NXP

[ZEP-385] Ethernet+IP{v4|v6}+TCP client mode is not working

[ZEP-384] D2000 hangs after I2C communication with BMC150 sensor

[ZEP-245] Restructure Documentation content

[ZEP-387] Installed SDK version should be easy to find

[ZEP-288] pinmux naming inconsistency

[ZEP-221] [drivers/nble][PTS_TEST] Implement Execute Write Request handler

Re: spi_sam3x/cc2520 of zephyr

Flavio Santes <flavio.santes@...>

Hello David,

Could you please report this issue in jira: https://jira.zephyrproject.org/?

Cheers,
Flavio

Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...

NEW within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2118 : Upgrade Zephyr SDK to v0.8
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2116 : spi: Stability improvements to the DesignWare SPI driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2115 : Bluetooth: SMP: Use task for LE SC ECC computation in microkernel
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2114 : debug: allow easier stack frame debug

- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2041 : Bluetooth: SMP: Make use of nano_delayed_work API
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2063 : Bluetooth: conn: Make use of nano_delayed_work API
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2039 : nano_work: Add delayed version
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2038 : nanokernel: Add callback to _nano_timeout
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2037 : nano_work: Add nano_work_init
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2079 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Set basic BR/EDR CoC state tracker
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1904 : arm: Add CMSIS-CORE v4.30 (20. October 2015) include header files
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2074 : sensor: add driver for LIS3MDL magnetometer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1899 : pm/loapic: suspend/resume support for LOAPIC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1898 : pm/ioapic: Add suspend/resume support for IOAPIC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1897 : pm/apic: Keep irq to vector table in RAM when needed by PM
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1790 : doc: Edit power management technical content.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2086 : zperf - add TCP client
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2045 : doc: Restructure top level sections.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2051 : gpio: For ARC EM Starterkit, a 4-port GPIO implementation is being added
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2050 : doc: Add static library linking instructions

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2163 : Tweak the .gitignore file
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2153 : coap-client: Fallback to link local source address
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2154 : coap-client: Refactor the code
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2155 : make: Add compilation of local libcoap directory
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2156 : tinydtls: Initial commit
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2157 : make: Add compilation of local tinydtls directory
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2158 : Ignore the generated files.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2159 : Remove libcoap and tinydtls instructions from readme file.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2160 : echo-client: Add TCP support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2161 : echo-server: Add TCP support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2162 : slip: Helper script when host is acting as a client
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2142 : Fix compile warnings in echo-client.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2143 : coap_client: Fix uninitialized data
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2144 : Fix compile warning in coap-client
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2145 : coap-client dtls renegotiate did not work properly because function returned bogus value.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2146 : Fix compile warning in echo-server
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2147 : Fix compile warning in tunslip6
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2148 : Add clean target to makefile.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2149 : echo-server: sockaddr struct was incorrectly handled in receive
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2150 : echo-client: Fallback to link local source address
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2151 : libcoap: Initial import
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2152 : libcoap: Comment out the bind() call in coap_new_endpoint()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2139 : Add instructions how to configure Zephyr to use net/ip/tools directory using git submodules.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2140 : Fix compile warnings in dtls-server.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2141 : Fix dtls-client compilation issue.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2137 : Initial commit
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2138 : Simplify the directory structure. The files are now in root directory.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2127 : console: shell: Fix use of strncmp
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2124 : drivers/nble: Skip not matched UIIDs in GATT discovery
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2123 : drivers/nble: Add debug uuid print in bt_gatt_discover()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2121 : Bluetooth: Make ES Trigger Setting Descriptor non-writable
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2122 : net: tcp: Fix the TCP client not sending multiple SYN
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2113 : doc: Change Freescale to NXP to correct branding.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2112 : test_fp_sharing: Add testcase.ini files
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2111 : x86 exceptions: Fix _ExcEntSetupDone
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2109 : console: shell: Print empty string if no help is passed
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2108 : console: shell: Add check for command help
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2084 : Bluetooth: tester: Fix handling execute write error responses
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2080 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Handle disconnection request from peer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2105 : drivers/nble: Check that attribute is withing range

spi_sam3x/cc2520 of zephyr

david.dai@...

Hi Sir,

I find that, the spi_sam3x driver has been merged into zephyr v1.3.0.
This means that someone is maintaining or contributing to spi_sam3x driver
of arduino_due.
This is a good thing to me, because I am using arduino_due to build 6lowpan
board router with spi_sam3x and cc2520.
But after checking the driver code, I have got some depression, because it
doesn't work.

Meanwhile, I also find that, cc2520 driver is submitted, but it is never
validated.

SPI:
==> spi_sam3x_transceive can not return, and result in system exception
GPIO and SPI configured
verify_osc_stabilization enter
***** BUS FAULT *****
Executing thread ID (thread): 0x20080d04
Faulting instruction address: 0x80480488
Instruction bus error
Fatal fault in essential task ! Spinning...
==> Receiving data cannot occur without transmitting data. SAM3X
[DATASHEET]->32.7.3 Master Mode Operations
==> spi internal nCS may be unusable, instead of it with gpio.
==> it is better to transmit and receive data in fiber context.

===========================================================================================================

App context Interrupt context
fiber context

Application

Configure spi

Call spi transfer

Enable spi interrupt ----> isr
| |
| Disable spi interrupt
| |
| Give sem ---> spi
Transmit/Receive fiber
| |
Transmit data <-----
| |

Receive data |
| |

|----------------

Disable Spi
| |
device_sync_call_wait(sync) <------
device_sync_call_complete(sync)

======================================================================================================

cc2520:
==>fifop(gpio2) triggers rx processing at rising edge, sfd(gpio4)
triggers tx completion notification, should it be falling edge?
==>linux cc2520 driver is very concise and clear, why don't port it to
zephyr?
==>cc2520 driver defines macro "CONFIG_NETWORKING_LEGACY_RADIO_DRIVER",
if this means how to interface cc2520 to zephyr 6lowpan stack still is a
uncompleted task,
or the interface will be changed in future.

Here I greatly appreciate huge contribution from Intel colleagues.
I specially care for spi_sam3x <==> cc2520 driver <==> 6lowpan/ieee802154
<==> ipv6.
To achieve this target, Would you have any information about its, plan or
schedule?

Thank you!

Best Regards
David Dai(戴卫彬)
Position:上海
This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged and is intended only for the individual or entity named in the body of email above. If this message has been received in error, your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege. No one else may disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. Unauthorized use, dissemination and duplication is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.

7761 - 7780 of 8520