Date

Reg: Tasks and scheduler

vishnuvaradan vishnuvaradan

Hi

I have worked on FreeRTOS. Now started to use Zephyr RTOS in a project
Please help me on the following

1. Is there any function in Zephyr RTOS to start the scheduler similar to
vTaskStartScheduler(); in FreeRTOS ? or once the tasks are mentioned in
prj.mdef
will the schduler starts automatically ?

2. How to pass some data between task1 and task2 in zephyr ?
What function calls I need to use in zephyr?
( xQueueCreate,xQueueReceive,XQueueSend are available in freeRTOS )
Is there any examples in zephyr to transfer data between 2 tasks ?

Any help is highly appreciated

Re: Building Jerryscript, Zephyr and Arduino 101

Gregg Reynolds <dev@...>

Sergio, that looks awesome. can't wait to give it a try this weekend.

thankgregg
On May 25, 2016 10:51 AM, "Martinez Rodriguez, Sergio" <
sergio.martinez.rodriguez(a)intel.com> wrote:

Hi there,

I am working on getting an integration with JerryScript and Zephyr for the
Arduino 101 without touching any of the two build systems, similar to the
other architectures and systems JS already supports.

https://github.com/sergioamr/jerryscript/tree/wip/sergio/zephyr_arduino101/targets/arduino_101

It compiles and creates a command line javascript interpreter on the
Arduino 101 hardware.

I am working on getting it to run on Qemu.

It is still a wip, but before I finish the integration and send the patch
to Jerryscript, could someone have a look to it?

I have to change how I link the libraries to use since I am adding them as
a toolchain lib:

"Add the variable USER_LDFLAGS to allow any application to link with
any third-party static library."

I also know we are changing how we are flashing the image, so I will have
to change the documentation to accommodate that fact.

Thanks,
Sergio
Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47

[...]

Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...

NEW within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2238 : ext: Import Nordic MDK header files
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2234 : Bluetooth: tester: Add support for indications in tester application
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2232 : drivers/nble: Defer GATT long write errors to execute response
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2235 : console: Add support for commands completion
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2236 : console: shell: Add support for commands completion
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2230 : ext: include headers based on HAL being used
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2228 : nanokernel: Add _nano_timeout_init
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2229 : nanokernel: nano_timer: Make nano_timer_init call _nano_timeout_init
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2226 : qmsi: build with external lib
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2225 : arc: fixes a missing declaration compile error
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2222 : build script: added SSTATE to the conf/local.conf
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2221 : readme: add Zephyr SDK build instructions
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2220 : script clone: update script to use env variables

UPDATED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2169 : scripts: Add the ISA to the path of included libraries
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1903 : arm: Add support for Nordic Semiconductor's nRF52 series of ICs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2081 : drivers: Add basic GPIO and UART support for nRF52
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2082 : boards: Add support for the nRF52 DK board (PCA10040)
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2051 : gpio: For ARC EM Starterkit, a 4-port GPIO implementation is being added
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2041 : Bluetooth: SMP: Make use of nano_delayed_work API
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2040 : tests: Add tests for delayed workqueue
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2106 : sensor: add driver for LSM6DS0
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2063 : Bluetooth: conn: Make use of nano_delayed_work API
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2214 : Bluetooth: Add delay before sending Connection Update
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2039 : nano_work: Add delayed version
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2187 : nanokernel: Add callback to _nano_timeout once again
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2184 : arc: support microkernel on ARC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1963 : i2c: disable/enable interrupts before entering critical regions.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2198 : update build scripts to use env variables for poky and meta location
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1520 : ipm console: Implement flow control between sender and receiver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/1516 : x86: make GDT setup optional
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2114 : debug: allow easier stack frame debug
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2203 : sensor: add driver for HTS221 sensor
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2215 : eth: Fix spurious interrupt issues

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2233 : drivers/nble: Fix GATT Server Indications
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2231 : Bluetooth/shell: Correct attribute write error
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2224 : quark_se_ss: Remove duplicate QMSI Kconfig symbols
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2223 : ext: plumb out Kconfig support for external source code
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2227 : Bluetooth: Increase HCI_LE_Rand delay for Arduino 101
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2217 : Bluetooth: shell: Enable TinyCrypt ECC for nimble
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2216 : Bluetooth: Offload bt_recv to fiber if run from task
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2218 : i2c: fix some spelling errors/grammar in comments
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2213 : Bluetooth/peripheral_csc: Add configuration for nble
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2200 : sample/flash: update sample usage for flash erase operation
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2199 : flash: update API documentation
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2202 : Bluetooth: tester: Fix invalid type cast
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2205 : Bluetooth: Offload ECC calculations to task
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2172 : ksdk: Import Kinetis SDK device support for K64F
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2008 : ksdk: Import Kinetis SDK drivers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2007 : cmsis: Import CMSIS-CORE header files

building zephyr with mainline toolchain for Arduino 101

Lukasz Janyst <xyz@...>

Hi there,

I have recently started playing with Zephyr and decided to see whether I
can build it for Arduino 101 with the mainline toolchain. I compiled the
following for both i586-none-elfiamcu and arc-none-elf targets:

* binutils master branch, 2.26.51 has messed up commandline parsing for
arc (fixed in master)
* gcc 6.1
* newlib 2.4.0
* gdb 7.11 (mainline for Intel, foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors for
arc)

Things work well for Intel except for one minor glitch in newlib's
'strtold()'. However, for arc, I have encountered some issues with
zephyr itself:

1) In various assembler files you use the 'j_s.nd [blink]' instruction.
I could not find anywhere what it is supposed to do and mainline gas
does not know what to do about it. When you look at the actual opcodes
emitted by poky gas, it seems that what you meant is 'j_s [blink]':

https://jany.st/tools/zerobin/?0720d0b22d454d12#0isJEY6pqj4aMNiHL5tUOn627K/c746sR24Smx9qKL8=

Things work if I change that. I can send out a patch if there is an
interest.

2) gcc 6.1 for arc seems to emit code containing traps calling
'abort()':

https://jany.st/tools/zerobin/?4b679a767b37a3a5#JBh80TwI4M3jahfRBLvWQvjVhRIDFnnB4AVEewXUTNY=

Zephyr does not provide the symbol, so the compilation fails. It seems
that Linux provides 'abort()' for certain architectures:

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/arch/arm/kernel/traps.c#L756

I don't know enough about arc to provide a sensible implementation so
suggestions would be appreciated. A dummy symbol makes the compilation
pass.

Cheers,
Lukasz

building zephyr with mainline toolchain for Arduino 101

Lukasz Janyst <lukasz@...>

[...]

Re: whitespace Kconfig cleanup patch

Nashif, Anas

Kumar,
I would prefer 1 patch, since it is fixing one issue ☺

On 24/05/2016, 20:33, "Kumar Gala" <kumar.gala(a)linaro.org> wrote:

Anas,

I’ve got a patch that cleans up all the whitespace issues is the Kconfig files. Think we should try and merge this sooner than later, to reduce propagation of this issue going forward. I think being consistent will be helpful to reduce merge issues in the future. Plus fixing this now, will reduce copy/paste propagation going forward.

How would you like this, as one patch or 63? I think we should also look at getting gerrit to check this and reject patches with this issue in the future.

Here’s the diffstat to get an idea of what’s touched:

Kconfig.zephyr | 4
arch/Kconfig | 20 -
arch/arc/soc/em11d/Kconfig.defconfig | 20 -
arch/arc/soc/em11d/Kconfig.soc | 2
arch/arc/soc/em9d/Kconfig.defconfig | 20 -
arch/arc/soc/em9d/Kconfig.soc | 2
arch/arc/soc/quark_se_ss/Kconfig.defconfig | 10
arch/arc/soc/quark_se_ss/Kconfig.soc | 2
arch/arm/soc/st_stm32/stm32f1/Kconfig.defconfig.series | 8
arch/arm/soc/st_stm32/stm32f1/Kconfig.defconfig.stm32f103rb | 4
arch/arm/soc/st_stm32/stm32f1/Kconfig.defconfig.stm32f103ve | 4
arch/x86/Kconfig | 2
arch/x86/core/Kconfig | 6
arch/x86/soc/quark_d2000/Kconfig.defconfig | 8
arch/x86/soc/quark_d2000/Kconfig.soc | 14 -
arch/x86/soc/quark_se/Kconfig.defconfig | 14 -
arch/x86/soc/quark_se/Kconfig.soc | 16 -
arch/x86/soc/quark_x1000/Kconfig.defconfig | 8
boards/altera_max10/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/arduino_101/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/arduino_101/Kconfig.defconfig | 6
boards/arduino_101_sss/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/arduino_101_sss/Kconfig.defconfig | 2
boards/basic_cortex_m3/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/basic_cortex_m3/Kconfig.defconfig | 2
boards/basic_minuteia/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/basic_minuteia/Kconfig.defconfig | 2
boards/em_starterkit/Kconfig.defconfig | 2
boards/frdm_k64f/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/frdm_k64f/Kconfig.defconfig | 2
boards/galileo/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/galileo/Kconfig.defconfig | 12 -
boards/minnowboard/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/minnowboard/Kconfig.defconfig | 2
boards/olimexino_stm32/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/olimexino_stm32/Kconfig.defconfig | 2
boards/qemu_cortex_m3/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/qemu_cortex_m3/Kconfig.defconfig | 2
boards/qemu_x86/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/qemu_x86/Kconfig.defconfig | 4
boards/quark_d2000_crb/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/quark_se_devboard/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/quark_se_devboard/Kconfig.defconfig | 4
boards/quark_se_sss_devboard/Kconfig.board | 4
boards/quark_se_sss_devboard/Kconfig.defconfig | 2
drivers/adc/Kconfig | 6
drivers/clock_control/Kconfig.quark_se | 10
drivers/ethernet/Kconfig | 2
drivers/gpio/Kconfig | 8
drivers/gpio/Kconfig.qmsi | 12 -
drivers/gpio/Kconfig.stm32 | 2
drivers/grove/Kconfig | 22 -
drivers/i2c/Kconfig | 136 +++++------
drivers/pci/Kconfig | 24 +-
drivers/pinmux/Kconfig | 4
drivers/pinmux/Kconfig.k64 | 60 ++---
drivers/pinmux/galileo/Kconfig | 74 +++---
drivers/random/Kconfig | 8
drivers/sensor/Kconfig.bmc150_magn | 2
drivers/spi/Kconfig | 12 -
lib/crypto/tinycrypt/Kconfig | 140 ++++++------
misc/Kconfig | 48 ++--
net/ip/Kconfig | 20 -

whitespace Kconfig cleanup patch

Kumar Gala

Re: CMSIS, ksdk and nrf52 integration

On 24/05/16 23:03, "Nashif, Anas" <anas.nashif(a)intel.com> wrote: