Date

Re: [RFC] Provide a file system API

Kumar Gala

Is there a reason to not just use the stdlib FILE interfaces?

I’m not sure I understand the reason to not just use FILE instead of ZFILE.

- k

On Aug 1, 2016, at 11:07 PM, Ramesh Thomas <ramesh.thomas(a)intel.com> wrote:

Thanks for all the feedbacks. The APIs, after updating with feedbacks
from the mailing list and gerrit, are listed below. Will track and
submit updates if any comments were not addressed correctly.

Currently there is one Jira item created to address Peter's comments

Gerrit link:
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/3402/

***API descriptions follow***

/**
* @brief File open
*
* Opens an existing file or create a new one and associates
* a stream with it.
*
* @param zfp Pointer to file object
* @param file_name The name of file to open
*
* @retval 0 Success
* @retval -ERRNO errno code if error
*/
int fs_open(ZFILE *zfp, const char *file_name);

/**
* @brief File close
*
* Flushes the associated stream and closes
* the file.
*
* @param zfp Pointer to the file object
*
* @retval 0 Success
* @retval -ERRNO errno code if error
*/
int fs_close(ZFILE *zfp);

/**
* @brief File unlink
*
* Deletes the specified file or directory
*
* @param path Path to the file or directory to delete
*
* @retval 0 Success
* @retval -ERRNO errno code if error
*/
int fs_unlink(const char *path);

/**
* @brief File read
*
* Reads items of data of size bytes long.
*
* @param zfp Pointer to the file object
* @param ptr Pointer to the data buffer
* @param size Number of bytes to be read
*
* @return Number of bytes read. On success, it will be equal to number of
* items requested to be read. Returns less than number of bytes
* requested if there are not enough bytes available in file. Will return
* -ERRNO code on error.
*/
ssize_t fs_read(ZFILE *zfp, void *ptr, size_t size);

/**
* @brief File write
*
* Writes items of data of size bytes long.
*
* @param zfp Pointer to the file object
* @param ptr Pointer to the data buffer
* @param size Number of bytes to be write
*
* @return Number of bytes written. On success, it will be equal to the
number
* of bytes requested to be written. Any other value, indicates an
error. Will
* return -ERRNO code on error.
* In the case where -ERRNO is returned, the file pointer will not be
* advanced because it couldn't start the operation.
* In the case where it is able to write, but is not able to complete
writing
* all of the requested number of bytes, then it is because the disk got
full.
* In that case, it returns less number of bytes written than requested, but
* not a negative -ERRNO value as in regular error case.
*/
ssize_t fs_write(ZFILE *zfp, const void *ptr, size_t size);

/**
* @brief File seek
*
* Moves the file position to a new location in the file. The offset is
added
* to file position based on the 'whence' parameter.
*
* @param zfp Pointer to the file object
* @param offset Relative location to move the file pointer to
* @param whence Relative location from where offset is to be calculated.
* SEEK_SET = from beginning of file
* SEE_CUR = from current position,
* SEEK_END = from end of file.
*
* @retval 0 Success
* @retval -ERRNO errno code if error.
*/
int fs_seek(ZFILE *zfp, off_t offset, int whence);

/**
* @brief Get current file position.
*
* Retrieves the current position in the file.
*
* @param zfp Pointer to the file object
*
* @retval position Current position in file
* Current revision does not validate the file object.
*/
off_t fs_tell(ZFILE *zfp);

/**
* @brief Directory create
*
* Creates a new directory using specified path.
*
* @param path Path to the directory to create
*
* @retval 0 Success
* @retval -ERRNO errno code if error
*/
int fs_mkdir(const char *path);

/**
* @brief Directory open
*
* Opens an existing directory specified by the path.
*
* @param zdp Pointer to the directory object
* @param path Path to the directory to open
*
* @retval 0 Success
* @retval -ERRNO errno code if error
*/
int fs_opendir(ZDIR *zdp, const char *path);

enum dir_entry_type {
DIR_ENTRY_FILE,
DIR_ENTRY_DIR
};

struct zfs_dirent {
enum dir_entry_type type; /* Whether file or directory */
char name[MAX_FILE_NAME + 1]; /* Name of directory or file */
size_t size; /* Size of file. 0 if directory */
};

/**
* @brief Directory read entry
*
* Reads directory entries of a open directory
*
* @param zdp Pointer to the directory object
* @param entry Pointer to zfs_dirent structure to read the entry into
*
* @retval 0 Success
* @retval -ERRNO errno code if error
* @return In end-of-dir condition, this will return 0 and set
* entry->name[0] = 0
*/
int fs_readdir(ZDIR *zdp, struct zfs_dirent *entry);

/**
* @brief Directory close
*
* Closes an open directory.
*
* @param zdp Pointer to the directory object
*
* @retval 0 Success
* @retval -ERRNO errno code if error
*/
int fs_closedir(ZDIR *zdp);

/**
* @brief File or directory status
*
* Checks the status of a file or directory specified by the path
*
* @param path Path to the file or directory
* @param entry Pointer to zfs_dirent structure to fill if file or directory
* exists.
*
* @retval 0 Success
* @retval -ERRNO errno code if error
*/
int fs_stat(const char *path, struct zfs_dirent *entry);

how long do we keep jenkins logs

Kumar Gala

I submitted this patch just yesterday

https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/3517/

and it appears the verify results are already removed

https://jenkins.zephyrproject.org/job/zephyr-verify/9956/

How long do we keep the logs, etc, around? Seems like removal after a day of activity is way too short

- k

Zephyr v1.5.0-rc0 tagged, merge window closed!

Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky <inaky.perez-gonzalez@...>

Thank you for your contributions, everyone!

Please, only bug fixes, documentation updates and test case updates from now on

rc1 due on Friday Aug 5th EOD PDT.

Suspecting Segmentation Fault

poornima tom

Hello!
I am running an application using QMSI spi driver on microkernel as a single task on Quark SE. I notice that after certain transactions on spi, the address of the common buffer to transmit data is getting corrupted and the code is hanging with message "No source is available for 0x6268c848". The is also a message at console "Program recieved signal SIGNIT,Interrupt. 0x6268c848 in ?? I am suspecting a segmentation fault due to stack overflow. I notice that in autoconfig file, stack sizes for various types of frames like irq, fibres, stack etc has been generated. If stack overflow is the issue for this problem, how do i increase the stack size? Also, how do i identify, for which type of frame, the stack size must be increased? I tried increasing the stack size of the single task which is running the app(in prj.mdef file) , but it didnot help. Please help me to resolve the issue.
Hw Setup - Quark SE connected to a BLE module by SPI .
IDE used - Intel Studio System
Platform- Windows
Thanks!

Re: [RFC] Provide a file system API

Thomas, Ramesh

[...]

Re: deprecation policy

Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky <inaky.perez-gonzalez@...>

I think it calls for a separate include

I'd put public app interfaces in include/zephyr

anything in include/ itself is a private kernel interface, fair game (same applies to include/subarea)