Date   

Re: RFC: documenting licensing of imported components

Piotr Mienkowski <piotr.mienkowski@...>
 

I'm a bit confused. There are plenty of Kconfig files that contain Apache license embedded in their header. The actual
# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
...
#
block. Does it mean that this license text should be removed/replaced with the GPL2 license?


JavaScript Runtime for Zephyr OS

Poussa, Sakari
 

Hi,

Intel has created a new open source project, JavaScript* Runtime for Zephyr* OS (ZJS), which makes JavaScript application development possible on Zephyr. ZJS is based on JerryScript (a lightweight JavaScript engine) and the Zephyr OS. The ZJS project provides a subset of Node.js APIs and JavaScript APIs to access sensors, actuators, and communications, as well as the tools to build applications with them. The resulting development method is easy to learn and great for rapid prototyping, especially for developers who have existing JavaScript skills. With ZJS the convenience and flexibility of JavaScript can be brought to even the very small devices.

The project is hosted on GitHub:

https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js

Currently supported boards and APIs are:

Boards
- Arduino 101*
- FRDM-K64F

APIs
- GPIO, AIO, I2C, PWM, UART
- BLE
- Buffer, Events (Node.JS* subset)
- OCF

The ZJS project is currently in early phase and we are looking for users and contributions. Feel free to give us feedback, file issues and send patches. We are looking forward to creating an open source community around the ZJS project.

Regards,
The ZJS team

Zephyr is a trademark of the Linux Foundation. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.


Re: [RFC] Real-time interrupts

Benjamin Walsh <benjamin.walsh@...>
 

On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 03:24:55PM +0000, Cufi, Carles wrote:


-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Walsh [mailto:benjamin.walsh(a)windriver.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 18:46
To: Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi(a)nordicsemi.no>
Cc: Benjamin Walsh <benjamin.walsh(a)windriver.com>; Piotr Mienkowski
<piotr.mienkowski(a)schmid-telecom.ch>; devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: [RFC] Real-time interrupts

So I gather from the thread and IRC conversations that it makes sense
to create an IRQ_CONNECT_DIRECT macro along with (light) documentation
on the rights and responsibilities of ISRs connected using this
mechanism. That way we can use this for the BLE Controller that could
serve as a reference for future hard real-time interrupts.

If there's no objections I will create a Jira issue with this
information.

Should this replace the zero latency interrupt (ZLI) infrastructure
that is currently in the kernel? Or should it live side-by-side with
it?
They're related, but not exactly the same.

ZLIs cannot call kernel functionalities, because lots of kernel
operations rely on locking interrupts, and ZLIs ignore interrupt
locking; "real-time" interrupts would still be able to call kernel
functionalities, if the invoke _IntExit() when they're done. Enabling
ZLI just punches a hole in the range of interrupt priorities that are
locked when locking interrupts.

Both ZLIs and RT interrupts have to be installed directly in the vector
table.

We also have to be careful about how we're handling tickless idle and
power management for RT interrupts.
Thanks for the info Ben.
I forgot about that, but we have a (very) simple sanity test for hooking
ISRs directly in the vector table:

tests/kernel/test_arm_m3_irq_vector_table

I've created a Jira issue for this:
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1038

Carles
--
Benjamin Walsh, SMTS
Wind River Rocket
www.windriver.com
Zephyr kernel maintainer
www.zephyrproject.org


Daily JIRA Digest

donotreply@...
 

NEW JIRA items within last 24 hours: 4
[ZEP-1045] Add/Enhance shim layer to wrap SOC specific PM implementations
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1045

[ZEP-1047] Adapt to new PM related boot flow changes in QMSI boot loader
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1047

[ZEP-1046] Implement SRAM sharing between bootloader and Zephyr
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1046

[ZEP-1048] grove_lcd sample: sample does not work if you disable serial
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1048


UPDATED JIRA items within last 24 hours: 5
[ZEP-19] IPSP node support
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-19

[ZEP-293] Reduce Kconfig variables in sensor drivers
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-293

[ZEP-721] Add FXOS8700 accelerometer/magnetometer sensor driver
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-721

[ZEP-716] Add Hexiwear board support
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-716

[ZEP-955] Section misalignment
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-955


CLOSED JIRA items within last 24 hours: 1
[ZEP-1017] (Won't Do) GPIO set/reset broken on nRF52832
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1017


RESOLVED JIRA items within last 24 hours: 0


Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...
 

NEW within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5397 : test: build all possible drivers on all platforms
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5396 : quark_se: x86 core does not support ADC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5395 : frdm_k64: spi: fixed wrong kconfig used in driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5383 : tests: Add build tests for atmel sam3 drivers.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5394 : quark: dma: enable qmsi driver if DMA is selected
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5386 : tests: Add build only tests for qmsi drivers.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5391 : tests: Extend test/drivers/qmsi to include QMSI ISC driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5390 : serial/uart_qmsi: Make pointers to config_info const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5393 : pwm: qmsi: Remove RW data from driver config structure.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5392 : tests: Add PWM to QMSI driver build test.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5389 : i2c/qmsi: Make pointers to config_info const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5387 : qmsi/dma: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5388 : qmsi/dma: Remove unused channel[] from config_info
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5382 : quark: ipm: Make driver config structures static.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5381 : tests: test_ipm: Make device config structures static.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5385 : gpio/sam3: Move RW data from driver config to runtime.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5384 : i2c/sam3: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5379 : samples: TH02 temperature and humidity sensor sample
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5380 : grove lcd: cleanup includes
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5378 : sensors: add TH02 temperature sensor (Grove)

UPDATED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5077 : net: yaip: Fix net_nbuf_read corner cases
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5321 : iot/dns: Add DNS client sample app
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5320 : iot/dns: Add support for the DNS Client API
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5319 : iot/dns: Remove legacy DNS client sample code
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5118 : eth: Add KSDK ENET driver.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5104 : unified: cache the next thread to run
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5367 : unified: fix remaining issues for building without SYS_CLOCK_EXIST
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5366 : unified: use _is_thread_pending() rather than poking in _timeout
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5365 : unified: do not compile out _k_neg_eagain when !CONFIG_ERRNO
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5190 : Bluetooth: IPSS: Remove ipss_listen
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5364 : unified: merge NANO_TIMERS and NANO_TIMEOUTS with SYS_CLOCK_EXISTS
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5363 : unified: remove unused references from nano_private.h
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5227 : unified: cleanup kernel initialization
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5226 : unified: remove last instances of struct tcs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5330 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Allow receiving fragmented buffers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5225 : unified: remaining timeout cleanup
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5224 : unified: clean-up timeout code for unpending a thread
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5223 : unified: streamline "timeout add" internal interfaces.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5222 : unified/mem_pool: use K_NO_WAIT, not TICKS_NONE
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5221 : unified: streamline "timeout abort" internal interface
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5220 : unified/legacy: disable clock-based work_q APIs when no system clock
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5219 : unified: have __ticks_to_ms() return 0 when no system clock

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4706 : net: fix a potential refcount leak of SYN buffers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4282 : net: fetch valid conn. to determine MSS in data_is_sent_and_acked()


Re: Porting to ARM Cortex-M7 / Atmel SAM E70 support

Bibi, Dani <dani.bibi@...>
 

What about the new set of System Control Registers added on M7 ?

__OM uint32_t ICIALLU; /*!< Offset: 0x250 ( /W) I-Cache Invalidate All to PoU */
uint32_t RESERVED6[1U];
__OM uint32_t ICIMVAU; /*!< Offset: 0x258 ( /W) I-Cache Invalidate by MVA to PoU */
__OM uint32_t DCIMVAC; /*!< Offset: 0x25C ( /W) D-Cache Invalidate by MVA to PoC */
__OM uint32_t DCISW; /*!< Offset: 0x260 ( /W) D-Cache Invalidate by Set-way */
__OM uint32_t DCCMVAU; /*!< Offset: 0x264 ( /W) D-Cache Clean by MVA to PoU */
__OM uint32_t DCCMVAC; /*!< Offset: 0x268 ( /W) D-Cache Clean by MVA to PoC */
__OM uint32_t DCCSW; /*!< Offset: 0x26C ( /W) D-Cache Clean by Set-way */
__OM uint32_t DCCIMVAC; /*!< Offset: 0x270 ( /W) D-Cache Clean and Invalidate by MVA to PoC */
__OM uint32_t DCCISW; /*!< Offset: 0x274 ( /W) D-Cache Clean and Invalidate by Set-way */
uint32_t RESERVED7[6U];
__IOM uint32_t ITCMCR; /*!< Offset: 0x290 (R/W) Instruction Tightly-Coupled Memory Control Register */
__IOM uint32_t DTCMCR; /*!< Offset: 0x294 (R/W) Data Tightly-Coupled Memory Control Registers */
__IOM uint32_t AHBPCR; /*!< Offset: 0x298 (R/W) AHBP Control Register */
__IOM uint32_t CACR; /*!< Offset: 0x29C (R/W) L1 Cache Control Register */
__IOM uint32_t AHBSCR; /*!< Offset: 0x2A0 (R/W) AHB Slave Control Register */
uint32_t RESERVED8[1U];
__IOM uint32_t ABFSR; /*!< Offset: 0x2A8 (R/W) Auxiliary Bus Fault Status Register */


Will they be wrapped up as part of the scs.h file ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar Gala [mailto:kumar.gala(a)linaro.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 20:22
To: Piotr Mienkowski <Piotr.Mienkowski(a)schmid-telecom.ch>
Cc: devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: [devel] Re: Porting to ARM Cortex-M7 / Atmel SAM E70 support


On Sep 21, 2016, at 10:18 AM, Piotr Mienkowski <Piotr.Mienkowski(a)schmid-telecom.ch> wrote:

I would like to add support for Atmel SAM E70 SoC (Cortex-M7) and keep this thread to discuss all related issues.

A few questions that I have at the moment:

1) I created a relevant Jira issue ZEP-759 https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-759. However, after reading "Collaboration Guidelines" wiki section I am still not sure if I'm allowed to start submitting commits to Gerrit or I should rather wait until someone officially accepts the Jira issue and assigns it to me?
There isn’t any need for the Jira to be accepted to submit code

2) The Jira issue I created is quite broad (I assumed however that it is not broad enough to be turned into an epic). Shall I create an additional task for each thing that needs to be done, e.g.: add Atmel SAM E70 header files, add support for ARM Cortex-M7 processor, add SAM E70 GPIO driver, add SAM E70 UART driver, etc.? Gerrit commits would then be assigned a Jira task number and not the broad Jira issue number.

As discussed in "Porting to Cortex-M0+" thread to add support for Atmel SoCs we would preferably use original Atmel header files provided as part of their ASF (Atmel Software Framework) library. At the moment we are waiting for Atmel to hopefully provide us with header files containing a Zephyr compatible license. As it was suggested in "Porting to Cortex-M0+" thread, I will submit code which adds support for Atmel SAM E70 SoC (and depends on ASF) to Gerrit so it can be reviewed. The commits could be merged later once the license issue is sorted out. Before I can proceed there are still a few things which needs to be decided.
If you want to break up or add sub-tasks to the Jira that is fine, but I wouldn’t get too fine grain with it. I think something like:
* Add Cortex-M7 support
* Add SoC support
* Add Board support


3) What should be the location of Atmel header files provided as part of ASF library? Maureen Helm, the ARM maintainer, proposed ext/hal/asf. I would like to suggest ext/hal/atmel on the basis that vendor library names are often cryptic and companies tend to change these names every several years. Within ext/hal/atmel each subfolder would have the name of a SoC family, the same as in arch/arm/soc/atmel.
Are there different ASFs per SoC or does Atmel release a single one for all their SoCs?

4) To support Cortex-M7 processor I need to add a new memory_map file. The existing one include/arch/arm/cortex_m/memory_map-m3-m4.h is specific to M3, M4 processors. However, the only differences between M3, M4 and M7 are in _PPB_EXT_* defines and they are never used. So my proposal is to remove all _PPB_EXT_* defines apart from _PPB_EXT_BASE_ADDR, _PPB_EXT_END_ADDR and re-use the file for M7. Very much the same defines could also be used by M0 processors. The only difference in that case is that M0, M0+ do not have ITM (Instrumentation Trace Macrocell) section and FPB section is called BPU. We could put all these defines directly in memory_map.h file and handle the minor differences via preprocessor #if defined() statements. Suggestions are welcomed.
Let’s merge these files down and use some #ifdef’s in just memory_map.h. I’ve submitted a patch to start that process:

https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/4887/

- k
---------------------------------------------------------------------
A member of the Intel Corporation group of companies

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.


Re: RFC Release Notes in Zephyr Kernel Tree

Flavio Santes <flavio.santes@...>
 

Hello Mike,

It was just a proposal that some Zephyr collaborators are following. As you can see it is not "the rule".

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Turquette [mailto:mturquette(a)baylibre.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2016 4:29 AM
To: Santes, Flavio <flavio.santes(a)intel.com>
Cc: devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [devel] Re: Re: RFC Release Notes in Zephyr Kernel Tree

Flavio,

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Flavio Santes <flavio.santes(a)intel.com>
wrote:
Well, it makes sense according to this thread:

https://goo.gl/84uRzE

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/archives/list/devel(a)lists.zephyrprojec
t.org/message/EZRVOMEAK2T4BKFNZEXUDDFQGGCHG64X/
Is the process outlined in that thread from May 5 actually followed?
Is it up for discussion at ELC-E?
Some Zephyr engineers will be there. Please say hello to Anas and Rob.

I'll add some food for thought: last week Greg Kroah-Hartman gave a nice
talk on why email is the most scalable choice for open source code review at
Kernel Recipes in Paris. Here are the slides:

https://github.com/gregkh/presentation-stone-tools/raw/master/stone-
tools.pdf

(Skip to the latter half of the slides that include the speaker's notes)

Looking forward to discussing workflow in more detail in Berlin :-)
Thanks for the link.

It has been discussed many times if gerrit is useful or not. So, I am sure that ELE-E will be a very useful forum to discuss about Zephyr.

Regards,
Mike
Regards,
Flavio


Daily JIRA Digest

donotreply@...
 

NEW JIRA items within last 24 hours: 2
[ZEP-1043] Update QMSI to 1.2
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1043

[ZEP-1041] NBLE attribute Write event hangs
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1041


UPDATED JIRA items within last 24 hours: 20
[ZEP-875] 6LoWPAN - Context based compression support
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-875

[ZEP-783] ARM Cortex-M0/M0+ support
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-783

[ZEP-879] 6LoWPAN - Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-879

[ZEP-359] Move QEMU handling to a central location
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-359

[ZEP-56] clean up how internal APIs are used
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-56

[ZEP-89] Provide more generic UART APIs for read and write
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-89

[ZEP-619] Move some configuration items in file system to header files
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-619

[ZEP-999] Refactor save/restore feature from gpio_qmsi driver
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-999

[ZEP-998] Refactor save/restore feature from uart_qmsi driver
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-998

[ZEP-996] Refactor save/restore feature from i2c_qmsi driver
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-996

[ZEP-997] Refactor save/restore feature from spi_qmsi driver
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-997

[ZEP-1000] Refactor save/restore feature from rtc_qmsi driver
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1000

[ZEP-1002] Refactor save/restore feature from counter_qmsi_aonpt driver
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1002

[ZEP-1001] Refactor save/restore feature from wdt_qmsi driver
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1001

[ZEP-1003] Extend aio_comparator_qmsi driver to support save/restore peripheral context
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1003

[ZEP-1004] Extend counter_qmsi_aon driver to support save/restore peripheral context
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1004

[ZEP-1006] Extend soc_flash_qmsi driver to support save/restore peripheral context
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1006

[ZEP-1005] Extend dma_qmsi driver to support save/restore peripheral context
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1005

[ZEP-1008] Extend pwm_qmsi driver to support save/restore peripheral context
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1008

[ZEP-1011] Extend usb_dc_dw driver to support save/restore peripheral context
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1011


CLOSED JIRA items within last 24 hours: 0

RESOLVED JIRA items within last 24 hours: 2
[ZEP-1033] (Won't Do) tests/bluetooth/init/test_17 does not fit `FLASH' region with asserts on
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1033

[ZEP-1034] (Won't Do) tests/bluetooth/shell/test_br does not fit `ROM' region with DEBUG on
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1034


Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...
 

NEW within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5377 : doc: power_mgmt: Update references to PMA and control functions
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5376 : device_pm: Update control function name and doc to indicate PM specific
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5355 : LICENSING: clarify licenses of imported / reused code
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5368 : gerrit: Fix code review vote
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5366 : unified: use _is_thread_pending() rather than poking in _timeout
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5367 : unified: fix remaining issues for building without SYS_CLOCK_EXIST
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5363 : unified: remove unused references from nano_private.h
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5364 : unified: merge NANO_TIMERS and NANO_TIMEOUTS with SYS_CLOCK_EXISTS
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5365 : unified: do not compile out _k_neg_eagain when !CONFIG_ERRNO
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5362 : unified: Add alignment parameter to K_MEM_MAP_DEFINE()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5353 : unified: Add alignment parameter to K_MEMORY_POOL_DEFINE()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5354 : kernel: Fix to DEFINE_TASK() macro
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5351 : RFC: release notes in zephyr tree.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5339 : unified: Add k_msgq_freespace_get() API

UPDATED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5254 : MAINTAINERS: Add maintainer for ARM LTD V2M Beetle Board
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5258 : gpio: Add ARM LTD CMSDK AHB GPIO driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5137 : TEST: add changes to two different branches
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5273 : unified/doc: Update memory pools section of Kernel Primer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4541 : DONT MERGE
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/2563 : CI TEST: do not merge: test leading space in kconfig files
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5270 : unified/doc: Minor updates to message queues in Kernel Primer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5272 : unified/doc: Minor updates to thread sections in Kernel Primer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5271 : unified/doc: Minor updates to event section of Kernel Primer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5029 : release notes: add release notes file
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4845 : NO MERGE: WIP: draft app
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4457 : DONT MERGE
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/3114 : test: break doc
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4917 : iot/zoap: Port to the native stack
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5101 : dlist: add sys_dlist_peek_head_not_empty()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5119 : iot/zoap: Add helper for generating tokens
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5120 : samples/zoap_client: Use token generator helper
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5102 : unified: un-comment k_thread_[suspend|resume|abort_handler_set]
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5227 : unified: cleanup kernel initialization
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5219 : unified: have __ticks_to_ms() return 0 when no system clock
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5223 : unified: streamline "timeout add" internal interfaces.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5221 : unified: streamline "timeout abort" internal interface
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5226 : unified: remove last instances of struct tcs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5224 : unified: clean-up timeout code for unpending a thread
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5225 : unified: remaining timeout cleanup
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/3311 : include/crypto: Crypto abstraction header
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5104 : unified: cache the next thread to run
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5222 : unified/mem_pool: use K_NO_WAIT, not TICKS_NONE
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5220 : unified/legacy: disable clock-based work_q APIs when no system clock
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5103 : unified: use sys_dlist_peek_head_not_empty()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5281 : unified: Add legacy DEFINE_TASK support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5261 : pinmux: Add support for ARM LTD V2M Beetle Initialization
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5231 : arch/arm: add initial support for Cortex-M0/M0+
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5096 : zoap: Fix alignment of multiline function arguments
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5171 : samples/mbedtls_dtlsclient: mbedTLS sample DTLS client app.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5097 : iot/zoap: Add support for error 4.15
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5286 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting XIP test applications
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5284 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting stack canary applications
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5285 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting static idt application
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5282 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting task test applications
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5283 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting test_critical application
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5332 : Bluetooth: SMP: Check for connection role before BR/EDR pairing
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5228 : arp: Fix an issue with compiler optimization on Quark SE x86 core
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5287 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting LIFO object test application
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5279 : unified: Enable legacy isr_task_id_get() & isr_task_priority_get()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5278 : unified: Remove unimplemented kernel workload APIs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5280 : unified: Extend unified kernel sanity test coverage
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/3312 : drivers/crypto: TinyCrypt shim driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/3313 : samples/drivers/crypto: crypto sample app
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5289 : unified: Remove unused K_MSGQ_SIZE() macro
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5260 : soc_beetle: Add clock_init support and soc registers definitions to Beetle
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4883 : sanity: enable sanity multiple configuration
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5026 : arch: Add support for Cortex-M7 processor
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5290 : unified: Add alignment parameter to K_MSGQ_DEFINE()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5291 : unified: Rename msgQ macro parameter names
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5292 : DRAFT net: yaip: Move net_buf data pool allocation to network iface
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5255 : soc_beetle: Add support for ARM LTD Beetle SoC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5267 : serial: Add driver for CMSDK APB UART

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5374 : tests: Add build test for quark clock driver.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5373 : eth/enc28j60: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5370 : spi/qmsi: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5372 : tests: Add build test for enc28j60 SPI standalone ethernet driver.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5371 : serial/uart_nsim: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5369 : tests: Build test for nsim uart.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5375 : clock/quark: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5352 : sensor: grove: use global sensor init priority
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5361 : arc: Fix comment about IRQ call stack
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5356 : arc: RGF_NUM_BANKS is another configurable option for ARCs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5360 : arc: add _ARC_V2_IRQ_TRIGGER inline function
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5341 : sensor/lsm9ds0_mfd: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5345 : sensor/bmg160: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5357 : sensor/lsm64s0: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5343 : tests: Adding more sensor build tests.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5346 : sensor/bmi160: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5344 : sensor/bmc150: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5347 : gpio/qmsi_ss: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5350 : serial/uart_qmsi: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5348 : ipm/ipm_quark_se: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5359 : sensor/lsm9ds0_gyro: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5349 : spi/qmsi_ss: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5342 : sensor/lps25hb: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5358 : sensor/lsm9ds0_gyro: Fix failure to compile, undefined CONFIG_LSM9DS0_SENSOR_INIT_PRIORITY
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4511 : unified/doc: Kernel primer for unified kernel
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5100 : unified/arm: fix saving of registers in __pendsv()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5331 : Bluetooth: Track role change for BR/EDR connections
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5337 : tests: sensors: expand coverage with logging enabled
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5338 : mailmap: update with new emails
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5209 : sensors: use one single sys log config for sensors
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5109 : gpio: reduce Kconfigs and use consistent name for GPIOs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5211 : drivers: gpio: i2c: make logging depend on SYS_LOG
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5329 : Bluetooth: samples: Rename btusb to hci-usb
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5327 : tests: expand sensor build testing by enabling more sensors
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4037 : net: yaip: Follow file naming in ieee802154 l2 stack
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5253 : kernel: boot banner requires early console, so select it
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5334 : Bluetooth: SMP: Fix build without signing support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5306 : gpio/qmsi: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5208 : arm: remove exc_wrapper.S
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5106 : boards: define user buttons and switches on boards
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5107 : samples: button: modify sample to work on more boards


Re: RFC Release Notes in Zephyr Kernel Tree

Michael Turquette <mturquette@...>
 

Flavio,

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Flavio Santes <flavio.santes(a)intel.com> wrote:
Well, it makes sense according to this thread:

https://goo.gl/84uRzE

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/archives/list/devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org/message/EZRVOMEAK2T4BKFNZEXUDDFQGGCHG64X/
Is the process outlined in that thread from May 5 actually followed?
Is it up for discussion at ELC-E?

I'll add some food for thought: last week Greg Kroah-Hartman gave a
nice talk on why email is the most scalable choice for open source
code review at Kernel Recipes in Paris. Here are the slides:

https://github.com/gregkh/presentation-stone-tools/raw/master/stone-tools.pdf

(Skip to the latter half of the slides that include the speaker's notes)

Looking forward to discussing workflow in more detail in Berlin :-)

Regards,
Mike


Re: RFC Release Notes in Zephyr Kernel Tree

Flavio Santes <flavio.santes@...>
 

Well, it makes sense according to this thread:

https://goo.gl/84uRzE

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/archives/list/devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org/message/EZRVOMEAK2T4BKFNZEXUDDFQGGCHG64X/


Re: RFC Release Notes in Zephyr Kernel Tree

Kumar Gala
 

On Oct 7, 2016, at 12:06 PM, Perez Hernandez, Javier B <javier.b.perez.hernandez(a)intel.com> wrote:

Hi!

I have a proposal to add the release notes 'release-notes.rst' in the
zephyr tree.
This document will have all the relevant changes to the kernel between
each version.

Please review proposal:
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/5351/

Commit:
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/5029/


Thanks!

Javier B. Perez
I think it would be easier to just email the RFC proposal for this to the list vs using gerrit.

- k


RFC: documenting licensing of imported components

Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky <inaky.perez-gonzalez@...>
 

Hello All

Please consider https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5355; it has been brought to our attention that the way we distribute kbuild and kconfig makes it look like it is Apache license, where it is actually original from the Linux kernel and thus covered by the GPL2.

This problem affects many other things we import/reuse into Zephyr, not making it necessarily a derivative work. This commit proposes a solution to it.

Thanks,


RFC Release Notes in Zephyr Kernel Tree

Perez Hernandez, Javier B <javier.b.perez.hernandez@...>
 

Hi!

I have a proposal to add the release notes 'release-notes.rst' in the
zephyr tree.
This document will have all the relevant changes to the kernel between
each version.

Please review proposal:
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/5351/

Commit:
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/5029/


Thanks!

Javier B. Perez


Daily JIRA Digest

donotreply@...
 

NEW JIRA items within last 24 hours: 2
[ZEP-1039] ARM Cortex-Mx context-switch optimizations
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1039

[ZEP-1040] pwm_dw driver does not compile
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1040


UPDATED JIRA items within last 24 hours: 2
[ZEP-817] Neighbor Discovery Optimization for IPv6 over 6LowPAN
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-817

[ZEP-1026] net/yaip/nbuf: net_nbuf_read does not handle the offset parameter correctly
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1026


CLOSED JIRA items within last 24 hours: 2
[ZEP-972] (Fixed) Simplify the handling of power hooks and the API documentation
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-972

[ZEP-560] (Won't Do) full JIRA links in Gerrit comments get mangled
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-560


RESOLVED JIRA items within last 24 hours: 2
[ZEP-910] (Fixed) Adapt tickless idle for x86
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-910

[ZEP-909] (Fixed) Adapt tickless idle + power management for ARM
https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-909


Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...
 

NEW within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5267 : serial: Add driver for CMSDK APB UART
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5338 : mailmap: update with new emails
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5336 : Bluetooth: Add well known keys to storage API for legacy pairing
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5337 : tests: sensors: expand coverage with logging enabled
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5329 : Bluetooth: samples: Rename btusb to hci-usb
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5331 : Bluetooth: Track role change for BR/EDR connections
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5285 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting static idt application
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5330 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Allow receiving fragmented buffers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5284 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting stack canary applications
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5283 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting test_critical application
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5282 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting task test applications
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5290 : unified: Add alignment parameter to K_MSGQ_DEFINE()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5332 : Bluetooth: SMP: Check for connection role before BR/EDR pairing
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5320 : iot/dns: Add support for the DNS Client API
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5323 : Bluetooth: A2DP: Set security level
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5292 : DRAFT net: yaip: Move net_buf data pool allocation to network iface
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5321 : iot/dns: Add DNS client sample app
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5319 : iot/dns: Remove legacy DNS client sample code
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5295 : iot/zoap: Add unit tests for block-wise transfers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5255 : soc_beetle: Add support for ARM LTD Beetle SoC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5294 : iot/zoap: Add support for block sized transfers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5257 : samples: Add simple bringup application
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5259 : board_beetle: Enable gpio support on ARM LTD V2M Beetle
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5258 : gpio: Add ARM LTD CMSDK AHB GPIO driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5262 : pinmux: Add support for "runtime" pinmux on ARM LTD V2M Beetle
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5261 : pinmux: Add support for ARM LTD V2M Beetle Initialization
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5254 : MAINTAINERS: Add maintainer for ARM LTD V2M Beetle Board
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5260 : soc_beetle: Add clock_init support and soc registers definitions to Beetle
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5264 : samples: Add simple blinky application
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5265 : soc_beetle: Add system wide Pin definitions
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5256 : board_beetle: Add support for ARM LTD V2M Beetle Board
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5266 : soc_beetle: Add configuration for ARM LTD CMSDK APB UART
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5263 : board_beetle: Enable pinmux support on ARM LTD V2M Beetle
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5289 : unified: Remove unused K_MSGQ_SIZE() macro
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5269 : sanitycheck: Add support for ARM LTD V2M Beetle Board
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5286 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting XIP test applications
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5271 : unified/doc: Minor updates to event section of Kernel Primer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5287 : unified/test: Fix issues affecting LIFO object test application
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5279 : unified: Enable legacy isr_task_id_get() & isr_task_priority_get()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5288 : unified: Replace k_msgq_num_used_get() API
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5272 : unified/doc: Minor updates to thread sections in Kernel Primer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5270 : unified/doc: Minor updates to message queues in Kernel Primer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5280 : unified: Extend unified kernel sanity test coverage
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5268 : board_beetle: Enable CMSDK APB UART driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5273 : unified/doc: Update memory pools section of Kernel Primer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5281 : unified: Add legacy DEFINE_TASK support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5278 : unified: Remove unimplemented kernel workload APIs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5277 : unified: Enable k_thread_suspend() and k_thread_resume() [DON'T MERGE]
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5291 : unified: Rename msgQ macro parameter names

UPDATED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4555 : Bluetooth: HFP HF: SLC connection-Send/Parse BRSF
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4562 : Bluetooth: Sample: handsfree sample application
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5209 : sensors: use one single sys log config for sensors
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5109 : gpio: reduce Kconfigs and use consistent name for GPIOs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5105 : quark_se_c1000: add debug support to openocd config
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5183 : Bluetooth: tester: Rework discovery procedure
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4649 : net: tests: Add TCP unit tests
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5231 : arch/arm: add initial support for Cortex-M0/M0+
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5190 : Bluetooth: IPSS: Remove ipss_listen
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4648 : net: yaip: Initial TCP commit
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4963 : samples: pwm: use new APIs and add more apps
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5077 : net: yaip: Fix net_nbuf_read corner cases
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4920 : lib: Add HTTP support for Zephyr
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5097 : iot/zoap: Add support for error 4.15
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5096 : zoap: Fix alignment of multiline function arguments
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4917 : iot/zoap: Port to the new network stack
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5194 : stm32l4: add initial soc support for stm32l4
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4796 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Handle security procedure non successful path
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4795 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Refactor handling connection response
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5228 : arp: Fix an issue with compiler optimization on Quark SE x86 core
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5171 : samples/mbedtls_dtlsclient: mbedTLS sample DTLS client app.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4933 : pwm: qmsi_shim: implement pwm driver required by new APIs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4858 : drivers: pwm: re-design pwm API interfaces
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5175 : net:yaip: Solve style issues
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5137 : TEST: add changes to two different branches
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/3114 : test: break doc
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4457 : DONT MERGE
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4541 : DONT MERGE
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5212 : net: yaip: Small simplififcation to net_nbuf_write
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/27 : ci: test: checkpatch: warning space
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4883 : sanity: enable sanity multiple configuration
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5104 : unified: cache the next thread to run
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5103 : unified: use sys_dlist_peek_head_not_empty()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5086 : build: Handle ALL_LIBS dependencies correctly
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5118 : eth: Add KSDK ENET driver.

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5327 : tests: expand sensor build testing by enabling more sensors
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5312 : spi/k64: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5322 : samples: remove useless filters in testcase.ini
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5293 : sensors: cleanup duplicate includes
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5315 : adc/dw: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5335 : Bluetooth: tests: Add init config for BR/EDR SMP testing
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5310 : gpio/k64: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5313 : spi/k64: Make the driver configuration structure static.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5318 : adc/ti: Make driver config structure static.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5308 : grove/lcd_rgb: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5307 : serial/uart_k20: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5317 : adc/ti: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5309 : i2c/kdk: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5316 : adc/dw: Make driver config structure static.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5311 : docs: Adjust driver documentation to show const config_info example.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5314 : ipm: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5328 : Bluetooth: samples/btusb: Rename main c-file
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5297 : gpio/sch: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5300 : shared_irq: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5301 : gpio/stm32: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5298 : serial/uart_altera_jtag: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5296 : spi/dw: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5253 : kernel: boot banner requires early console, so select it
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5334 : Bluetooth: SMP: Fix build without signing support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5333 : Bluetooth: SMP: Fix build without central role support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5302 : serial/uart_stm32: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5299 : serial/uart_atmel_sam3: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5306 : gpio/qmsi: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5303 : serial/uart_stellaris: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5305 : serial/uart_nrf5: Make config_info pointers const.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5304 : serial/uart_nrf5: Remove duplicate sys_clk_freq initialization.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5325 : sensor: Fix Kconfig LSM9DS0_MFD I2C slave address type
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5326 : tests: Provide build test for sensor lsm9ds0_mfd
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5324 : net: yaip: Differentiate IPv6 event command and final event
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5275 : tests/net/nbuf: Fix wrong size to linearize() call
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5274 : tests/net: Exclude tests needing more RAM than available
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5276 : tests/net/nbuf: Fix invalid memory access
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5107 : samples: button: modify sample to work on more boards
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5208 : arm: remove exc_wrapper.S
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5211 : drivers: gpio: i2c: make logging depend on SYS_LOG
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5106 : boards: define user buttons and switches on boards
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5189 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Allow sending fragmented buffers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5188 : Bluetooth: L2CAP: Fix sending buffer with not enough space
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5238 : net: yaip: Add support for 6CO
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5239 : net: tests: Add sample 6CO context data to IPv6 RA test
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5240 : net: yaip: Add more inline helper functions in 6lowpan
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5241 : net: yaip: Add support for 6lo context based compression
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5242 : net: tests: Add 6lo context based unit tests
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5250 : net: yaip: Fix ND RA length
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5243 : net: yaip: Remove assert and return false in net_nbuf_write
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5251 : net: yaip: Re-order fields in net_nbuf struct
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5252 : net: yaip: Refactor nbuf data fragment detection
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5230 : arduino 101: Exposes spi 1 in pinmux
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5213 : gpio/nrf5: set and clear just the specific gpio pin


Re: Device driver configuration and driver_data distinction.

Tomasz Bursztyka
 

Hi Dan,


On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:06 AM, Tomasz Bursztyka
<tomasz.bursztyka(a)linux.intel.com
<mailto:tomasz.bursztyka(a)linux.intel.com>> wrote:

Hi Marcus,

I believe we did not make it const at the beginning due to PCI
enumeration on Galileo.
This was early days, and things changed then.


Pretty much this was the reason.

Actually there have been plans to move it to const, at least I
remember hearing such idea
from Daniel Kalowsky, for the same exact reasons you noted, it
might even be in the git history,
somewhere. But we were too busy to follow up at that time.


I believe we even did a move that changed it to const and then ran
into an issue with a specific compiler we were to support and reverted
out the change. Might have only been in a local topic branch though.
Thanks for the precision!
(Let's hope early stage of iamcu support was the culprit)

Tomasz


Re: CI infrastructure issues for FD.io and Zephyr Project

Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg@...>
 

These issues have now been taken care of.

-Andy-

On 10/06/2016 12:27 PM, Andrew Grimberg wrote:
Greetings folks,

As many of you may already be aware, we've been experiencing some issues
with the CI environments for both FD.io and Zephyr Project over the
course of the last couple of days.

The problems have been caused by a couple of different issues and our
cloud provider has appears to have resolved all but one of them at this
point.

The issue currently facing both environments is that the default gateway
v-router does not appear to be actually passing traffic the way it's
supposed to be. Because of this Jenkins is unable to presently
communicate with the cloud API for bringing new instances online. It
also means that it can't actually get to Gerrit. As such, presently
Jenkins is not seeing new changes come in.

We do not presently have an ETA on the resolution to this particular
issue. Once the routing issue is cleared the environments should start
operating again.

-Andy-
--
Andrew J Grimberg
Systems Administrator
Release Engineering Team Lead
The Linux Foundation


Re: Device driver configuration and driver_data distinction.

Marcus Shawcroft <marcus.shawcroft@...>
 

On 6 October 2016 at 19:41, Dan Kalowsky <dank(a)deadmime.org> wrote:


On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:06 AM, Tomasz Bursztyka
<tomasz.bursztyka(a)linux.intel.com> wrote:

Hi Marcus,

I believe we did not make it const at the beginning due to PCI enumeration
on Galileo.
This was early days, and things changed then.

Pretty much this was the reason.


Actually there have been plans to move it to const, at least I remember
hearing such idea
from Daniel Kalowsky, for the same exact reasons you noted, it might even
be in the git history,
somewhere. But we were too busy to follow up at that time.

I believe we even did a move that changed it to const and then ran into an
issue with a specific compiler we were to support and reverted out the
change. Might have only been in a local topic branch though.
PCI enumeration currently updates the pci_dev object in the various
config structures along with base_addr and irq_num, I propose to move
these objects from the config struct to the runtime struct.

Cheers
/Marcus


--
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."


CI infrastructure issues for FD.io and Zephyr Project

Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg@...>
 

Greetings folks,

As many of you may already be aware, we've been experiencing some issues
with the CI environments for both FD.io and Zephyr Project over the
course of the last couple of days.

The problems have been caused by a couple of different issues and our
cloud provider has appears to have resolved all but one of them at this
point.

The issue currently facing both environments is that the default gateway
v-router does not appear to be actually passing traffic the way it's
supposed to be. Because of this Jenkins is unable to presently
communicate with the cloud API for bringing new instances online. It
also means that it can't actually get to Gerrit. As such, presently
Jenkins is not seeing new changes come in.

We do not presently have an ETA on the resolution to this particular
issue. Once the routing issue is cleared the environments should start
operating again.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Systems Administrator
Release Engineering Team Lead
The Linux Foundation

6841 - 6860 of 8530