From: Tomasz Bursztyka [mailto:tomasz.bursztyka(a)linux.intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:42 AM
To: devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Cc: Chuck.Jordan(a)synopsys.com
Subject: Re: [devel] Reg: Transfer mode & 9 bit mode in QMSI SPI driver

Hi,

I am not aware of DW SPI controller supporting 3-wire configuration.

@Chuck?

Tomasz
Hi

Please help me on the following

We are using Atlas peak and connected LCD in the SPI interface.
The LCD manufacturer preferred to use only 3 wire SPI ( SCLK, SPI_CS, MOSI) along with 9 bit clock
Screenshot of the clock signals of LCD attached

1. We need to give transfer mode of SPI as transmit only . can we directly add cfg->transfer_mode = QM_SPI_TMOD_TX in spi_qmsi.c

2. In order to support 9 bit SPI clock what needs to be added in .config of spi_configure ?

Mahendravarman Rajarao
RBEI/EAA

Re: Cleaning up drivers/ethernet Kconfig files

Marcus Shawcroft <marcus.shawcroft@...>

On 13 October 2016 at 07:30, Tomasz Bursztyka
<tomasz.bursztyka(a)linux.intel.com> wrote:
Hi Piotr,

I've created Ethernet driver for Atmel SAM board I'm working with, however
integrating it cleanly with Zephyr is a bit tricky. I believe Kconfig files
in drivers/ethernet directory need cleaning up.

Definitely.
Things are mixed up between net/ip/Kconfig and driver part.
Hi,

I have a patch in my stack that essentially makes the refactor
proposed. I've refrained from upstreaming it on the assumption that
yaip is coming and un-necessary churn around the ethernet driver
configuration right now will just create pain for the net branch when
rebasing. However I'm happy to clean it up and push it up to gerrit
if folks want to see it...

You might want to take a look at net branch of Zephyr. (and port your driver
for it)
Such change will make sense there where we have NET_L2_ETHERNET in
net/yaip/l2/Kconfig
and ETHERNET in drivers/ethernet/Kconfig

(note: yaip name will disappear once the branch will be merged)
Whats the expected timeline on a yaip->master merge? I'm not asking
for commitments here, just interested in best guess / aspiration ?

Cheers
/Marcus

Re: Reg: Transfer mode & 9 bit mode in QMSI SPI driver

Liu, Baohong

Same here. Seems no such thing in quark SE.

Thanks
Baohong

I am not aware of DW SPI controller supporting 3-wire configuration.

@Chuck?

Tomasz
Hi

Please help me on the following

We are using Atlas peak and connected LCD in the SPI interface.
The LCD manufacturer preferred to use only 3 wire SPI ( SCLK, SPI_CS, MOSI) along with 9 bit clock
Screenshot of the clock signals of LCD attached

1. We need to give transfer mode of SPI as transmit only . can we directly add cfg->transfer_mode = QM_SPI_TMOD_TX in spi_qmsi.c

2. In order to support 9 bit SPI clock what needs to be added in .config of spi_configure ?

Mahendravarman Rajarao
RBEI/EAA

Daily JIRA Digest

donotreply@...

NEW JIRA items within last 24 hours: 1
[ZEP-1062] Unified kernel isn't compatible with CONFIG_NEWLIB_LIBC

[ZEP-539] Jenkins marks patches -1 verified for style issues

[ZEP-735] Several Tests and Samples are broken for CONFIG_DEBUG

[ZEP-451] (Fixed) Quark SE output by default redirected to IPM

[ZEP-546] (Fixed) UART interrupts not triggered on ARC

[ZEP-1052] (Duplicate) Native IP Stack documentation

[ZEP-842] (Won't Do) Create a sample application for ENC28J60

[ZEP-955] (Fixed) Section misalignment

[ZEP-1034] (Won't Do) tests/bluetooth/shell/test_br does not fit `ROM' region with DEBUG on

[ZEP-1033] (Won't Do) tests/bluetooth/init/test_17 does not fit `FLASH' region with asserts on

Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...

NEW within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5515 : Bluetooth: HFP HF: SLC init send available CODEC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5493 : arm/nordic: add compat header for nrf51/nrf52 soc families
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5513 : net: driver: SLIP does not need to store ll reserve at any time
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5509 : net: yaip: ethernet: Update the data pointer according to ll reserve
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5505 : net: dhcpv4: Adjust DHCPv4 debug config wording.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5511 : net: drivers: SLIP should not reserve anything while receiving
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5507 : samples: drivers: dma: Improve failure debug granularity
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5506 : unified/doc: Remove duplicated clock API function descriptions.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5504 : dma: Introduce STM32F4x DMA driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5494 : drivers/gpio/nrf5: change default IRQ_PRI
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5514 : net: drivers: slip: Let's cleanup a bit for better readability
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5512 : net: drivers: Slip can get the MTU set on it's interface
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5510 : net: yaip: nbuf: Make sure ll_reserve is not holding previous value
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5508 : samples: drivers: dma: Stop transfer in case of a failure
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5502 : MAINTAINERS: Update ARM & overall maintainer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5501 : Revert "net: fetch valid conn. to determine MSS in data_is_sent_and_acked()"
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5497 : boards: Add support for the nRF51 DK board (PCA10028)
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5496 : Bluetooth: Controller: Make radio compatible with the nRF51 series
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5495 : arm: Add initial support for Nordic Semiconductor nRF51 series
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5499 : filter: Exclude failing test at debug build
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5498 : arm: soc: Add support for Nordic Semiconductor nRF51 Series SoC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5477 : unified: Revise timer code to conform to new API specification
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5476 : unified/doc: Update timing section of Kernel Primer

UPDATED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5474 : net: Add convenience functions to write at arbitrary buffer offset.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5006 : enc28j60: Adapt driver for native IP stack
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5187 : net: dhcpv4: Adjust debug diagnostic wording.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4555 : Bluetooth: HFP HF: SLC connection-Send/Parse BRSF
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5185 : net: dhcpv4: Add received message debug.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5186 : net: dhcpv4: Issue an NET_INFO when dhcpv4 allocates an IP.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5184 : net: dhcpv4: Implement XID
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5212 : net: yaip: Small simplififcation to net_nbuf_write
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5130 : Bluetooth: Controller: Alternate Enc procedure for nRF51x SoC
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/3311 : include/crypto: Crypto abstraction header
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5201 : stm32lx: add u(s)art driver for the L series
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4649 : net: tests: Add TCP unit tests
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5231 : arch/arm: add initial support for Cortex-M0/M0+
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5421 : pinmux: Rename frdm_k64f pinmux dev driver to k64
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5414 : pinmux: Rename frdm_k64f pinmux folder to k64
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5415 : hexiwear: Add support for hexiwear board
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5378 : sensors: add TH02 temperature sensor (Grove)
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4897 : x86 link: Specify ALIGN_WITH_INPUT for XIP data sections
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5444 : iot/dns: Add '+' operator
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5292 : DRAFT net: yaip: Move net_buf data pool allocation to network iface
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5217 : samples/soc_flash_nrf5: test non-word aligned writes
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5379 : samples: TH02 temperature and humidity sensor sample
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5380 : grove lcd: cleanup includes
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5467 : unified: Move memory map doxygen API documentation
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5216 : flash/nrf5: support non word-aligned write
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5469 : unified: Make memory pool API parameter names consistent
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4635 : serial: make nrf5 driver compatible with nrf51
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5051 : enc28j60: Modify echo server and client samples to support enc28j60
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5214 : exti/stm32: fix driver data handling
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5215 : drivers/exti_stm32: fix clear pending exti
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5466 : unified: Fix time units in memory map code
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5472 : unified: Remove unused K_MEM_MAP_SIZE() macro
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5473 : unified: Remove unused K_MEM_POOL_SIZE() macro
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5470 : unified, doc: Fix memory pool documentation
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5464 : unified: Move mailbox doxygen API documentation
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5461 : unified: Rework K_THREAD_DEFINE()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5463 : unified: Fix time units in mailbox code
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5462 : unified: Make mailbox API parameter names consistent
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5475 : DONT MERGE - break sanity AND checkpatch
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/4624 : eth: Add ENC28J60 support into Paho's MQTT publisher example
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5456 : Bluetooth: HCI: Set the Page timeout
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5471 : unified: Fix k_msgq_init() parameter ordering
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5465 : unified: Reorder k_mem_map_init() parameters
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5457 : byteorder: Add buffer swap helpers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5468 : unified: Reorder K_MEM_MAP_INITIALIZER() parameters

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5503 : net: Update TODO for DHCPv4
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5448 : unified: Eliminate k_stack_init_with_buffer()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5446 : unified: Eliminate unimplemented unified kernel APIs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5449 : unified: Eliminate support for dynamic timers
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5447 : unified: Rationalize thread priority APIs
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/5430 : net: yaip: Disable warning about unused label

Re: Porting to ARM Cortex-M7 / Atmel SAM E70 support

Bibi, Dani <dani.bibi@...>

I will add all the missing support for cortex-M7 and investigate how to align Zephyr with CMSIS-core

#4282 clearly leads to regressions though (on its own, in interaction
with #4888, or some other patch which was merged since #4282 was
initially submitted).

Cheers,
Jukka

On Tue, 2016-10-11 at 20:22 +0300, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
Hello,

To make sure that my comment to
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/4282/6 isn't lost, I'd like
to dup it with this email. The patch above has broke echo_server
TCP/IPv4 for me. When run on frdm_k64f over Ethernet, the
application answers pings, but being telneted to port 4242, it
doesn't echo TCP data. Note that the issue of "The trouble is that
that linkage between
the outgoing buffer and the connection hasn't been established at
the point data_is_sent_and_acked() is called" has been fixed some
time ago
by https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/4888/ .

Reverting just that commit fixes issue for me.

Re: TCP/IPv4/uIP stack appears to be broken with recent commit

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Rohit,

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:57:26 +0000
Rohit Grover <Rohit.Grover(a)arm.com> wrote:

Paul,

Can your issue be reproduced by the vanilla echo_server sample?
I'm not sure what you mean by "vanilla". Default configuration of
echo_server doesn't have IPv4 or TCP enabled, and one needs to enable
those to see the issue. There're no changes to echo_server beyond
that. Otherwise, the issue is reproducible with QEMU SLIP driver (setup
described in
https://wiki.zephyrproject.org/index.php?title=Networking-with-Qemu) (my
original test was with FDRM-K64F Ethernet driver). After "git revert
627feb92d4b01556891e232db6b9c9181899965b", QEMU SLIP starts to work,
just as FDRM-K64F Ethernet before.

rohit

confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose
the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or
copy the information in any medium. Thank you.

Re: TCP/IPv4/uIP stack appears to be broken with recent commit

Rohit Grover

Paul,

Can your issue be reproduced by the vanilla echo_server sample?

rohit

> The patch fixed an issue Rohit had thou. Best would be to find a solution
> that fixes both problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Jukka
>

> On Tue, 2016-10-11 at 20:22 +0300, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > To make sure that my comment to
> > https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/4282/6 isn't lost, I'd like to
> > dup it with this email. The patch above has broke echo_server
> > TCP/IPv4 for me. When run on frdm_k64f over Ethernet, the application
> > answers pings, but being telneted to port 4242, it doesn't echo TCP
> > data. Note that the issue of "The trouble is that that linkage between
> > the outgoing buffer and the connection hasn't been established at the
> > point data_is_sent_and_acked() is called" has been fixed some time ago
> > by https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/4888/ .
> >
> > Reverting just that commit fixes issue for me.

Re: TCP/IPv4/uIP stack appears to be broken with recent commit

Jukka Rissanen

[...]

6101 - 6120 of 7825