Date

echo_client / echo_server hop limit

Diana Rivera

Hello,

I am currently working on an OpenThread app based on the echo_client and echo_server. I am currently trying to use the hop-limit field by setting it as follows:

In the echo_client udp.c file:
static void send_udp_data(struct net_app_ctx *ctx, struct data *data)
{
    struct net_pkt *pkt;
    size_t len;
    int ret;

    data->expecting_udp = ipsum_len;

    pkt = prepare_send_pkt(ctx, data->proto, &data->expecting_udp);
    if (!pkt) {
        return;
    }

    net_pkt_set_ipv6_hop_limit(pkt, 8);
    NET_INFO("Hop limit set to: %d", net_pkt_ipv6_hop_limit(pkt));
    len = net_pkt_get_len(pkt);

    NET_ASSERT_INFO(data->expecting_udp == len,
            "Data to send %d bytes, real len %zu",
            data->expecting_udp, len);

    ret = net_app_send_pkt(ctx, pkt, NULL, 0, K_FOREVER,
                   UINT_TO_POINTER(len));
    if (ret < 0) {
        NET_ERR("Cannot send %s data to peer (%d)", data->proto, ret);

        net_pkt_unref(pkt);
    }

    k_delayed_work_submit(&data->recv, WAIT_TIME);
}

In the echo_server udp.c:

struct net_pkt *build_reply_pkt(const char *name,
                struct net_app_ctx *ctx,
                struct net_pkt *pkt)
{
    struct net_pkt *reply_pkt;
    struct net_buf *frag, *tmp;
    int header_len = 0, recv_len, reply_len;
    u8_t *ptr = net_pkt_appdata(pkt);
    // hop_lim = pkt->ipv6_hop_limit;
    hop_lim = net_pkt_ipv6_hop_limit(pkt);

    NET_INFO("Application message received: %s, hop limit: %d\n", ptr, hop_lim);
    NET_INFO("%s received %d bytes", name, net_pkt_appdatalen(pkt));

    if (net_pkt_appdatalen(pkt) == 0) {
        return NULL;
    }

    reply_pkt = net_app_get_net_pkt(ctx, net_pkt_family(pkt), K_FOREVER);

    NET_ASSERT(reply_pkt);
    NET_ASSERT(net_pkt_family(reply_pkt) == net_pkt_family(pkt));

    recv_len = net_pkt_get_len(pkt);

    tmp = pkt->frags;

    /* If we have link layer headers, then get rid of them here. */
    if (recv_len != net_pkt_appdatalen(pkt)) {
        /* First fragment will contain IP header so move the data
         * down in order to get rid of it.
         */
        header_len = net_pkt_appdata(pkt) - tmp->data;

        NET_ASSERT(header_len < CONFIG_NET_BUF_DATA_SIZE);

        /* After this pull, the tmp->data points directly to application
         * data.
         */
        net_buf_pull(tmp, header_len);
    }

    net_pkt_set_appdatalen(reply_pkt, net_pkt_appdatalen(pkt));

    while (tmp) {
        frag = net_app_get_net_buf(ctx, reply_pkt, K_FOREVER);

        if (net_buf_headroom(tmp) == 0) {
            /* If there is no link layer headers in the
             * received fragment, then get rid of that also
             * in the sending fragment. We end up here
             * if MTU is larger than fragment size, this
             * is typical for ethernet.
             */
            net_buf_push(frag, net_buf_headroom(frag));

            frag->len = 0; /* to make fragment empty */

            /* Make sure to set the reserve so that
             * in sending side we add the link layer
             * header if needed.
             */
            net_pkt_set_ll_reserve(reply_pkt, 0);
        }

        NET_ASSERT_INFO(net_buf_tailroom(frag) >= tmp->len,
                "tail %zd longer than len %d",
                net_buf_tailroom(frag), tmp->len);

        memcpy(net_buf_add(frag, tmp->len), tmp->data, tmp->len);

        tmp = net_pkt_frag_del(pkt, NULL, tmp);
    }

    reply_len = net_pkt_get_len(reply_pkt);

    NET_ASSERT_INFO((recv_len - header_len) == reply_len,
            "Received %d bytes, sending %d bytes",
            recv_len - header_len, reply_len);

    return reply_pkt;
}

On the client side, I'm able to observe that the hop limit has been set to 8; however, by the time I read the hop limit field at the server, this value returns zero, instead of having decreased by just 1 as expected.
Am I making a mistake in the way I'm using the   net_pkt_set_ipv6_hop_limit and   net_pkt_ipv6_hop_limit functions? Or is there another way to be able to use the hop limit field in OT?

Thank you in advance for your answer,
Diana

Re: How to configure #NVS if #FCB in used for #BluetoothMesh ? #nvs #fcb #bluetoothmesh

Puzdrowski, Andrzej

Hi

As you notice right now it is impossible to use both NVS and FCB out of the box. So you need a hack.

I think finally this problem should be resolved by introduction of dedicate flash slot which are described via DTS (similar to the current one, the  STORAGE_PARTITION).

STORAGE_PARTITION might be kept for situation where it is only storage partition.

Unfortunately I don’t have time right now to improve this. Any contribution and further comment regard this are highly welcome 😃

Andrzej

Author: Andy Ross <andrew.j.ross@...>
Date:   Thu May 31 11:13:49 2018 -0700

    kernel/sched: Fix preemption logic

    The should_preempt() code was catching some of the "unrunnable" cases
    but not all of them, opening the possibility of failing to preempt a
    just-pended thread and thus waking it up synchronously.  There are
    reports of this causing spin loops over k_poll() in the network stack
    work queues (see #8049).

    Note that the previous _is_dummy() call is folded into (the somewhat
    verbosely named) _is_thread_prevented_from_running(), and that the
    order of tests has been changed/optimized to hopefully catch common
    cases earlier.

    Suggested-by: Michael Scott <michael@...>
    Signed-off-by: Andy Ross <andrew.j.ross@...>

Is this what you are pointing?
It is there in my local repository.
May I now comment out line no. line no. 3318 of subsys/bluetooth/host/hci_core.c?

Could anybody help me to find out serious bugs in my PR:8101?

It is very simple & will help for testing. I am not interested in merging it, but
need a complete bug free/easy to test App which will help in such scenarios.

Thank You !!

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 4:10 AM, Andy Ross <andrew.j.ross@...> wrote:
Vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...> wrote:
> I commented line no. 3318 of subsys/bluetooth/host/hci_core.c i.e. //
> BT_ASSERT(buf);
>
> And after that everything is working perfectly normal.

I was pointed to this on IRC.  The symptom you've got there sounds a
lot like a scheduler mistake that got fixed yesterday, where
ostensibly-pended threads could be incorrectly swapped back in.  They
would then wake up (generally with an -EAGAIN return value from
_Swap()) and take whatever default action is approparite (like
returning a NULL value from the empty list), so it's a little subtle
to recognize as a bug and often "recoverable" by existing handling.

But it's a real bug.  Can you verify that you tree contains commit
43553da9b2bb9e5 and see if that was the same root cause?

There's at least one other report of instability after that merged,
but this definitely sounds like it might be your local problem.  I'm
trying to track this down locally, but alas our test suite passes, so
I'm hoping to get more information.

Andy

Re: [Zephyr-users] #BluetoothMesh ...about latest kernel OOPS & exception #bluetoothmesh

Andy Ross

[...]

Re: SODAQ One V3 porting

Henrik Brix Andersen

Hi Léonard

On 18 May 2018, at 11.56, Léonard Bise <leodido99@...> wrote:
I'm going to work on a project which is going to use the SODAQ One board (https://shop.sodaq.com/en/sodaq-one-eu-rn2483-v3.html).
Sweet.

In the supported hardware I see that the Adafruit Feather M0 Basic Prot is listed, which has this exact same microcontroller. I also read the Board Porting Guide and as I understand it basically I'd need to take the Adafruit configuration as a base and add these new components to the kconfiguration. All of the aspects related to the microcontroller are already there.
I did the port to the Adafruit Feather M0 Basic Proto. Let me know if I can help with the port for the SODAQ board.

In particular I'm also wondering how to handle the LoRa microchip, since Zephyr has no LoRaWAN stack what would be the best way to handle the porting of this part?
Perhaps a simple solution could be to just add a sample application using the LoRaWAN chip over UART from the application layer?

Best regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

Re: [Zephyr-users] #BluetoothMesh ...about latest kernel OOPS & exception #bluetoothmesh

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi,

It is basically modified version of samples/bluetooth/mesh
as well as inspired from samples/boards/nrf52/mesh/onoff-app.

Thank You !!

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 2:52 PM, vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...> wrote:
Hi,

I commented line no. 3318 of subsys/bluetooth/host/hci_core.c i.e. // BT_ASSERT(buf);

And after that everything is working perfectly normal.

Thanks !!

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 8:36 PM, vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...> wrote:
Hi Carles,

I tried it with samples/boards/nrf52/mesh/onoff-app ....Here too, I faced kernel OOPS.
But in that case, occurrence frequency was very low.

I'm facing all these issues after 1.12.0-rc2 update. Previously, everything was working perfectly.

Let me again thoroughly go through with my code. 🤔

Thank You !!

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 7:53 PM, Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Hi Vikrant,

Can you please try to reproduce this with standard samples present in the Zephyr tree?