From: users@... <users@...> On Behalf Of Marcio Montenegro
Sent: 08 June 2018 16:30
To: zephyr-users@...; zephyr-devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-users] Segger RTT support

Hi all,

I am trying to setup my nrf51 project to use Segger RTT console.I am compiling last version of Zephyr but any previous version can be used.

My nrf51 hardware is ok and  I can use RTT on Keil IDE.

This is my prj.conf file

CONFIG_BT=y

CONFIG_BT_DEBUG_LOG=y

CONFIG_BT_DEVICE_NAME="Test beacon"

CONFIG_CLOCK_CONTROL_NRF5_K32SRC_RC=y

CONFIG_CLOCK_CONTROL_NRF5_K32SRC_250PPM=y

CONFIG_I2C_NRF5=y

CONFIG_I2C_0=y

CONFIG_I2C_NRF5_0_GPIO_SDA_PIN=26

CONFIG_I2C_NRF5_0_GPIO_SCL_PIN=27

CONFIG_I2C_0_IRQ_PRI=7

CONFIG_CONSOLE_HAS_DRIVER=y

CONFIG_RTT_CONSOLE=y

CONFIG_HAS_SEGGER_RTT=y

On ninja menuconfig I can't find any option for Segger RTT.

Is there any documentation or example ? Am I missing a step ?

Best,

Marcio Montenegro

Segger RTT support

Marcio Montenegro

[...]

Re: Bluetooth Mesh Provisioning with Zephyr

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi Johan,
Ok.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 1:16 PM, Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Vikrant,

On Fri, Jun 08, 2018, Vikrant More wrote:
> zephyr/samples/boards/nrf52/mesh/onoff-app
> do not save provisioning & configuration on SoC flash. Since persistent
> storage not yet enable in it.
> You may be reseting device after provisioning, that is why you are not able
> to control LED using Silicon Lab App.
>
> I've already created this PR:
> https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/8273 for an app
> which support per persistent storage.

Wouldn't it be simple to add BT_SETTINGS support to mesh/onoff-app as
well? Could you send a PR for that?

Johan

Re: Bluetooth Mesh Provisioning with Zephyr

Johan Hedberg

Hi Vikrant,

On Fri, Jun 08, 2018, Vikrant More wrote:
zephyr/samples/boards/nrf52/mesh/onoff-app
do not save provisioning & configuration on SoC flash. Since persistent
storage not yet enable in it.
You may be reseting device after provisioning, that is why you are not able
to control LED using Silicon Lab App.

I've already created this PR:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/8273 for an app
which support per persistent storage.
Wouldn't it be simple to add BT_SETTINGS support to mesh/onoff-app as
well? Could you send a PR for that?

Johan

Re: Bluetooth Mesh Provisioning with Zephyr

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

HI Ryan,

zephyr/samples/boards/nrf52/mesh/onoff-app
do not save provisioning & configuration on SoC flash. Since persistent storage not yet enable in it.
You may be reseting device after provisioning, that is why you are not able to control LED using Silicon Lab App.

I've already created this PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/8273 for an app
which support per persistent storage.

Hope it will merge soon.

Thank You !!

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 10:14 AM, Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...> wrote:
Hi Ryan,

Today I flashed zephyr/samples/boards/nrf52/mesh/onoff-app on #nRF52840_PDK.
And provision & configure it using Silicon Labs App.

To avoid OOB authentication, i commented following lines

#if 1
    //.output_size = 6,
    //.output_actions = (BT_MESH_DISPLAY_NUMBER | BT_MESH_DISPLAY_STRING),
    //.output_number = output_number,
    //.output_string = output_string,

#else
    .output_size = 0,
    .output_actions = 0,
    .output_number = 0,
#endif

And able to control LED1 by clicking on LED symbol in App as well as Master Control Button in Group.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 12:28 AM, Ryan Moeller <Ryan.Moeller@...> wrote:

Vikrant,

Here is what I have done:

  1. I have re-flashed both boards with the on/off demo from the zephyr project.
    1. Note that I’m not exactly sure how to specify “roles” through this flashing process. For the client board, I pressed the buttons on the board to toggle LED’s on the board itself. For the server board, I simply left it alone.
  2. Next I used the Silicon Labs application to provision the boards. I selected the client board as the On/Off Control, with proxy turned on and relay off. It is in the demo group.
  3. I then provisioned the server board using the same application, this time setting the functionality to On/Off, with Proxy on and Relay off. This is also in the demo group.
  4. Then, within the demo group tab, I click the “Master Control” switch on and off. This resulted in no activity on either board. No LED state change occurred.

I am not exactly sure what to do from here. Clearly I am doing something wrong, but I do not have a clue as to what that is.