Date

Re: [Zephyr-users] HCI Interface UART//USB

Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa@...>

Please check baud rate and use dts overlay files to build hci_uart app with 115200 bps if that’s what you have in your pixit

On 27 Jul 2018, at 05:43, "kavin.muthusamy@..." <kavin.muthusamy@...> wrote:

Hello Team,

We have bought nRF52840 and nRF52 DK boards for BLE v5.0 testing with ellisys tester . Comport it is taking as ACM0 but HCI reset is failing in the IUT . As per the comment from nordic team HCI interface is not there in these boards. So how to install hex file from zephyrproject (samples/bluetooth/hci_uart sample for HCI over UART). I am unable to download this .Please help on this to proceed further .

Regards,
Kavin Kumar
Mobile: 9994889187

HCI Interface UART//USB

kavin.muthusamy@wipro.com <kavin.muthusamy@...>

Hello Team,

We have bought nRF52840 and nRF52 DK boards for BLE v5.0 testing with ellisys tester . Comport it is taking as ACM0 but HCI reset is failing in the IUT . As per the comment from nordic team HCI interface is not there in these boards. So how to install hex file from zephyrproject (samples/bluetooth/hci_uart sample for HCI over UART). I am unable to download this .Please help on this to proceed further .

Regards,
Kavin Kumar
Mobile: 9994889187

Re: printf -> /dev/ttyXXX output not working (nRF52 DK, Thingy52)

Lars Knudsen

Hi Vinayak,

thanks a lot! - this was the correct solution.  I had misunderstood how UART was (apparently not) hooked up through the SEGGER connection to the nRF52 DK board.

br
Lars

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 3:25 PM Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...> wrote:

Hi Lars,

You can try CONFIG_RTT_CONSOLE=y in your prj.conf to get your printf on the segger RTT. i.e if you don’t want to wire up the UART.

Regards,

Vinayak

Date: Thursday, October 25

Time: 9:00 - 17:00

Location: Kilsyth Room - Ground Floor, EICC

Registration Cost: Free to ELC EU & OpenIoT Summit 2018 Attendees

Pre-registration is required. Click here to register or add this to your existing registration

Re: Low power node and friend #bluetoothmesh

Diana Rivera

Hello!

A couple of months ago, I requested some help to enable the LPN and friend features in this post: https://lists.zephyrproject.org/g/devel/topic/18050411#2060
Which turned out successfully with your help (decided to take the prj.conf file approach). Back then, I was using: v1.11.0-244-gbe52e3c.

Now I'm currently trying to run the same app in the latest Zephyr release: v1.12.0 (f58d9ca). However, I'm having some trouble with the LPN and friend node associating. I believe the problem might be with the friend node, as I've managed to make a node flashed with the LPN v1.12 configurations associate with a Friend v1.11 configurations. But still, I have failed to make them associate if both of them are flashed with the v1.12 code, or if the Friend is the one using that version.

I've gone through the Friend related codes, and haven't been able to find a significant difference from the version I previously used. I have also gone through the API, and haven't been able to find what I'm doing wrong. Is there any change in the friend's configuration that I'm ignoring?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,

Diana

Re: AODV Based Routing Over BLE Mesh

Nashif, Anas

Osama,

Sure, can you share more details about your project and share the feature in form of a pull request on Github?

Thank you,

Anas

We are a group of students at Cairo University who has developed an AODV based routing protocol using Zephyr over a BLE mesh network as our graduation project. Will you be interested in adding such feature to the current Zephyr stack?

Best Regards.

AODV Based Routing Over BLE Mesh

Haytham Osama <haythamossama.95@...>

Dear All,

We are a group of students at Cairo University who has developed an AODV based routing protocol using Zephyr over a BLE mesh network as our graduation project. Will you be interested in adding such feature to the current Zephyr stack?

Best Regards.

Re: Bluetooth: Mesh: Saving Server's State on SoC flash

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi Johan,

But I need reference example or files from mesh stack which show how
to save & retrieve variable after reboot using setting layer ?

Thank You !!

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 3:30 PM, Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Vikrant,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, vikrant8051 wrote:
> Bluetooth Mesh stack is already utilizing setting layer (#FCB)
> to store mesh related data on SoC flash. Need examples so that
> its implementation along with Bluetooth Mesh sample code
> would not impact Mesh's persistent data ?

You should be able to use the same settings storage for your own data as
well. The Bluetooth stack (Mesh included) uses the prefix "bt/" for all
key names stored in settings, so as long as you use something else for
your own data there shouldn't be any risk of conflicts.

Johan

Re: Bluetooth: Mesh: Saving Server's State on SoC flash

Johan Hedberg

[...]

Re: ZEPHYR_BASE environment variableIs setup #gettingstartedguide

miem@...

I added the ZEPHYR_BASE in environmental variable and it works now. Thanks.

Re: ZEPHYR_BASE environment variableIs setup #gettingstartedguide

I did tell you yesterday how to do that.

  1. Download Rapid Environment Editor.
  2. Add the environment variables you want with it
  3. Save

Now ZEPHYR_BASE will be set automatically every time you open a command window.

Carles

I am running on windows. and I set the ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT and GCCARMEMB_TOOLCHAIN_PATH in zephyrrc.cmd but I have to run zephyrrc.cmd and zephyr-env.cmd every time I am running a new command window session.
Is it any way to save them as environmental variables and don't run zephyrrc.cmd and zephyr-env.cmd everytime?

Re: ZEPHYR_BASE environment variableIs setup #gettingstartedguide

miem@...

Yes,
I am running on windows. and I set the ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT and GCCARMEMB_TOOLCHAIN_PATH in zephyrrc.cmd but I have to run zephyrrc.cmd and zephyr-env.cmd every time I am running a new command window session.
Is it any way to save them as environmental variables and don't run zephyrrc.cmd and zephyr-env.cmd everytime?

Re: ZEPHYR_BASE environment variableIs setup #gettingstartedguide

Maureen Helm

In Windows you can run zephyr-env.cmd to set ZEPHYR_BASE. It also has a hook to invoke your own zephyrrc.cmd which is handy for setting ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT and GCCARMEMB_TOOLCHAIN_PATH.