punit vara <punitvara@...>

Hi Jiri,

Welcome to awesome zephyr community.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 11:46 PM Jiří Kubias <jiri.kubias@...> wrote:

Hi,
Im new to Zephyr and Im trying to measure the GPIO handler latency. I have modified the samples/basic/button example to toggle LED pin when the handler rises. The test is to measure the time between input pin change and output pin change. I have measured maximal value about 3us and typical about 2.6us. The processor is SAME70 @ 300MHz so 3us is 900 instructions - why it took so long? It should be in tenth of ns.  Do I have correct approach or am I doing something wrong?  I have checked the sensor drivers and they are using the same workflow.

The handler code is

void button_pressed(struct device *gpiob, struct gpio_callback *cb, u32_t pins)
{
   gpio_pin_write(dev, LED, cnt % 2);
   cnt++;
   printk("Button pressed at %d\n", k_cycle_get_32());

k_cycle_get_32() prints cycles.

Use k_uptime_get(). Follow this to measure time : http://docs.zephyrproject.org/kernel/timing/clocks.html

Jiri Kubias

_._,_._,
._,_
- PV
._,_pk

SAME70 GPIO latency

Jiří Kubias <jiri.kubias@...>

[...]

GCC ARM Embedded is now GNU Arm Embedded

We have just merged a commit [1] which renames the Arm embedded toolchain from GCC ARM Embedded to its new and current name, GNU Arm Embedded.

If you use this toolchain you will see a warning displayed when you build until you rename the corresponding environment variables:

The former:
ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT=gccarmemb
should now be set to:
ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT=gnuarmemb

and the former:
GCCARMEMB_TOOLCHAIN_PATH=<path>
should now be named:
GNUARMEMB_TOOLCHAIN_PATH=<path>

[1] https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/commit/957262e37d716985912cc9deb929293badd6d845

NFFS atomic update of file(s)

Thomas Gleerup

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the robustness of NFFS (Newtron Flash File System):

  1. Is atomic update of a single file supported? I.e. what will happen in case of power failure or FW crash at any time during this:

fs_open();

fs_write();

fs_close();

?

  1. Is atomic update of multiple files supported (journaling)? If not, how do you recommend making such a feature on top of NFFS, which optimizes speed and wear?
BR,
Thomas

Re: Any zephyr experience using arm math/dsp library w/cortex m4f processors

Abderrezak Mekkaoui

Hi Chuck,

Please see below. I hope that helps. I am also using gcc.
Abderrezak

Hi All,

Just in case this is helpful. To build and correctly run my app, I needed to add the following configuration variables to my prj.conf:

CONFIG_FLOAT=y
CONFIG_NEWLIB_LIBC=y

Nothing else is needed because everything is defined with the board (nrf52840_pca10056).

Adding CONFIG_NEWLIB_LIBC_FLOAT_PRINTF=y would enable float fprinting for debugging.
Thanks for your help.
Abderrezak

On 8/2/2018 4:58 PM, cpmcparland@... wrote:
Have recently joined project community and am looking for any info on linking to
existing arm math/dsp library for an embedded arm m4 project.  If this is the wrong
group to address this question to, please advise.

Am using recent (1.1.2) zephyr release and can build and execute c programs on
target hardware with GCC on debian stretch.  Would like to use the arm-published math/dsp library
and have hit a few snags....any suggestions would be appreciated.  I believe this works
on IAR, but am committed to GCC at the moment.  First, one of the required includes.
arm_math.h, includes <math.h>. Although that file, and other required files, are in
/usr/include, the zephyr build cannot find them.  Is there a way to add additional include
directories to the build - in particular those specified w/angled brackets <>?

I did a brute force hack to sidestep that issue, but then encountered problems during the
link phase.  Followed the samples example to include external libraries but linker complained
that the existing arm gcc library and zephyr libraries did not share the same call formats (CMSIS?).  Do I
need to specify that the OS use CMSIS or is that the default?

Appreciate any pointers.

Regards,
Chuck McP (rtisys)

Any zephyr experience using arm math/dsp library w/cortex m4f processors

cpmcparland@...

[...]

Re: HCI Interface UART//USB

kavin.muthusamy@wipro.com <kavin.muthusamy@...>

Hi Vinayak,

I have followed the below link to update SDN version and executed same comments .

Then i tried to run the make command , this time error didn't occur but it got stuck .

Please find the attached screen shot .

Regards,
Kavin Kumar
From: Anthony Kreft <anthony.kreft@...>
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 16:25
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>, Jun Li <jun.r.li@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] STM32L0 k_sleep

Thank you, that worked. It should probably go in the board’s defconfig like most of the others already have.

On Aug 1, 2018, 6:02 PM -0500, Li, Jun R <jun.r.li@...>, wrote:

Have you tried to add the following option in your “prj.conf”?

CONFIG_SYS_CLOCK_TICKS_PER_SEC=1000

Which set the clock tick resolution to 1ms.

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Anthony Kreft <anthony.kreft@...>
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 08:39
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] STM32L0 k_sleep

Hi All,

I noticed with my nucleo_l053r8 board that if I call k_sleep(1) in the basic/blinky sample, the time between LED toggles is about 10 milliseconds instead of 1 millisecond. Could there be a problem with the STM32L0 sleep function that is adding extra time?

Thank you,
Anthony

--
Rodrigo Peixoto
Co-founder and Technical guru

+55 (82) 98144-8585
http://ayna.tech | Skype: rodrigopex

.

Re: STM32L0 k_sleep

Li, Jun R

The default value is 10ms. You can set it in your board’s defconfig.

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Anthony Kreft <anthony.kreft@...>
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 08:39
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>

Anthony Kreft <anthony.kreft@...>

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Anthony Kreft <anthony.kreft@...>
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 08:39
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>

Hi All,

I noticed with my nucleo_l053r8 board that if I call k_sleep(1) in the basic/blinky sample, the time between LED toggles is about 10 milliseconds instead of 1 millisecond. Could there be a problem with the STM32L0 sleep function that is adding extra time?

Thank you,
Anthony

Re: Going to look into the touch sensor input on the NXP FRDM boards

Lars Knudsen

Hi Jan,

In this case, it *is* quite NXP/FRDM specific. However, in general, i think it would fit well in the sensor enums to support XYZ location in addition to XYZ acceleration and change in orientation (gyro), which are there.

Br
Lars

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018, 18:38 Jan Van Winkel <jan.van_winkel@...> wrote:
Hi Lars,

I only played with the idea to integrate a touch controller but had no time yet to start on it.
On the location of the driver I have the feeling that a new, input device, API would  be more suitable then reusing the sensor framework.

Regards,
Jan

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 5:22 PM Lars Knudsen <larsgk@...> wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to do support for the TSI on the Freescale/NXP FRDM boards and was wondering if work already has been done in the area.

I found https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/ext/hal/nxp/mcux/drivers/kinetis/fsl_tsi_v4.h but didn't see any tie to existing code, e.g. for the FRDM-KL25Z

Did anyone do anything in the area?  If not, I'd like to do it as a sensor driver, but have a few questions:

1. as this is driven by the mcu and the implementation is very specific to the board(s), will it still fit under /drivers/sensor ?

2. mapping the 1D 'distance'/position on the touch slider to a sensor channel, the closest is SENSOR_CHAN_DISTANCE, which (by comment) fits a different purpose.  Might it make sense to introduce XYZ enums for position/distance here:

br
Lars

Re: Going to look into the touch sensor input on the NXP FRDM boards

Jan Van Winkel

[...]

Re: [Zephyr-users] [Zephyr-devel] HCI Interface UART//USB

Carles Cufi

Can you try to follow the steps here:

http://docs.zephyrproject.org/1.9.0/getting_started/installation_linux.html#installing-the-zephyr-software-development-kit

Carles