Date

Re: nrf52840_pca10059 startup

Henrik Brix Andersen

Hi,

I am not using the NRF52832 configuration on the NRF52840 SoC; I merely noted that I have successfully used the same programmer (Atmel-ICE) for interacting with NRF52832 SoCs.

Yes, my application is samples/basic/blinky (and all other samples). I have tried the samples/bluetooth/peripheral sample; same issue.
When I initially flash the sample it starts up and everything works as intended. If I then disconnect USB power and reconnect it, nothing starts up (BLE scanner does not show the peripheral anymore).
A simple no-op SWD connection then does the trick; the application springs to life (without flashing a new binary).

I have tried a few of the USB samples as well; none of them shows up as a device on the USB bus.

Do you know if the original firmware binary (the one present on the device when shipping) for the PCA10059 is available anywhere? It could be interesting to see if that behaves correctly.
Are you able to share your locally built zephyr.bin file for the blinky sample with me?

Best regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 27 Aug 2018, at 22.06, Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@nordicsemi.no> wrote:

Something you mention about using NRF52832 configuration, why would you want to use that on nRF52840 SoC?

You mention blinky as the example, is that the application you have trouble with? We tried that on our dongle, and see no issues.

I have tried BLE peripheral sample and hci_usb sample on nRF52840 merely powered from nRF USB interface, and see no issues.

Please confirm, that your application is samples/basic/blinky… also please try the samples/bluetooth/peripheral and let me know if you don’t see BLE advertising.

Regards,
Vinayak

On 27 Aug 2018, at 18:42, Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@brixandersen.dk> wrote:

Hi Vinayak,

Thank you for getting back to me. I just tried reverting commit 26d22b0075cf5a71f13958ec1f2727ac7167eca4, but it does not fix the application behaviour.

Any other ideas are most welcome.

Best regards,
Brix

--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 27 Aug 2018, at 12.52, Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@nordicsemi.no> wrote:

Hi,

I may have introduced a regression (bisected to) in 26d22b0075cf5a71f13958ec1f2727ac7167eca4

I notice that hci_usb sample fails to enumerate the bluetooth class device.

Will get back when I have something. Meanwhile, revert the above mentioned commit and do let me know if your application functions as expected.

Regards,
Vinayak

On 26 Aug 2018, at 19:18, Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@brixandersen.dk> wrote:

Hi,

I am flashing the board using an Atmel-ICE debugger (using pyOCD 0.11.2) connected to a 10-pin debug connector soldered to the P1 footprint on the bottom of the board.

I am using the same configuration for several NRF52832 boards without issues.

Best regards,
Brix

--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 26 Aug 2018, at 19.01, Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@nordicsemi.no> wrote:

Hi there,

Can you tell us how you're flashing the board? Another Nordic Devkit, or a separate debug IC?

Also copying Emanuele who's doing most of the work on this board.

On 26/08/2018, 18:07, "devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of Henrik Brix Andersen" <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of henrik@brixandersen.dk> wrote:

Hi,

I have just acquired an NRF52840 Dongle (nrf52840_pca10059) and I am facing some difficulties with board startup.

When I flash a zephyr binary to the board (e.g. samples/basic/blinky) the board starts up fine and starts the application.
But when I disconnect the board from USB power and reconnect it, the application no longer starts (and the internal DC-DC converter does not seem to start-up either).

If I run no-op pyOCD command (e.g. pyocd-flashtool -t nrf52840) the application springs to life (e.g. for blinky, the LED starts to blink).
I am not using mcuboot or any other bootloader; just the bare-bone sample application.

What am I missing here?

Best regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

[...]

回复:回复:[Zephyr-devel] hciconfig tools error with nrf52832 running zephyr

icephyr

oh,sorry that I missed the dot.it is 4.1.15 actually

发自我的华为手机

发件人:Maureen Helm
收件人:sxzxchen@163.com,Johan Hedberg
抄送:devel@lists.zephyrproject.org

At 2018-08-24 13:24:28, "Johan Hedberg" <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
>Hi,
>On Thu, Aug 23, 2018, sxzxchen@... wrote:
>> I bought a official nrf52832 development kits and ported zephyr
>> project successfully. It runs fine with my ubuntu host,via btattach
>> and btmgmt tools.But it didn't work with my nxp embedded linux,the
>> linux version is 4.1.15 and supports hciattach hciconfig tools
>> only.When I tried to bring the bluetooth module up with hciconfig hci0
>> up,an error comes up:
>The 4.1 kernel is too old to support controllers without a public
>address. IIRC you need at least a 4.4 kernel, but ideally something much
>newer than that.
>Johan

Re: hciconfig tools error with nrf52832 running zephyr

Maureen Helm

At 2018-08-24 13:24:28, "Johan Hedberg" <johan.hedberg@...> wrote: >Hi, > >On Thu, Aug 23, 2018, sxzxchen@... wrote: >> I bought a official nrf52832 development kits and ported zephyr >> project successfully. It runs fine with my ubuntu host,via btattach >> and btmgmt tools.But it didn't work with my nxp embedded linux,the >> linux version is 4.1.15 and supports hciattach hciconfig tools >> only.When I tried to bring the bluetooth module up with hciconfig hci0 >> up,an error comes up: > >The 4.1 kernel is too old to support controllers without a public >address. IIRC you need at least a 4.4 kernel, but ideally something much >newer than that. > >Johan

On 26/08/2018, 18:07, "devel@... on behalf of Henrik Brix Andersen" <devel@... on behalf of henrik@...> wrote:

  Hi,

  I have just acquired an NRF52840 Dongle (nrf52840_pca10059) and I am facing some difficulties with board startup.

  When I flash a zephyr binary to the board (e.g. samples/basic/blinky) the board starts up fine and starts the application.
  But when I disconnect the board from USB power and reconnect it, the application no longer starts (and the internal DC-DC converter does not seem to start-up either).

  If I run no-op pyOCD command (e.g. pyocd-flashtool -t nrf52840) the application springs to life (e.g. for blinky, the LED starts to blink).
  I am not using mcuboot or any other bootloader; just the bare-bone sample application.

  What am I missing here?

  Best regards,
  Brix
  --
  Henrik Brix Andersen

NRF52 : use of NFFS file system

Laurence Pasteau

Hi everybody,

I worked on a board including a NRF52 and use the file system with NFFS but I never succeed in using it correctly.

I have a lot of errors depending on the configuration parameters that I set.

I reduce my problem to a little test that only writes in a loop 12 bytes in a single file. It fails very quickly.

Sometimes the operation seems good when checking the return value. However the file became a file of size null and a new file with another name appears with the previous file. Then some loops later, there is an error in a return value of the write function.

I tried to modify NFFS configuration.

In the two cases when  the CONFIG_NFFS_FILESYSTEM_MAX_BLOCK_SIZE is higher and when the global size of the file system is higher ; the test is good during a longer time before failing.

If I write 24 instead of 12 bytes or if I write in two files instead of one, the issue comes sooner.

I think something in my configuration (or in my software) is wrong. If someone can help me it would be very helpful.

Attached is the little test and the conf file. To reduce the time before failing, I change the file system size to 0x2000.

Here is my configuration (I don't use MCU_BOOT) :

In the dts file :

    partitions {
        compatible = "fixed-partitions";
        #address-cells = <1>;
        #size-cells = <1>;

        boot_partition: partition@0 {
            label = "mcuboot";
            reg = <0x00000000 0xc000>;
        };
        slot0_partition: partition@c000 {
            label = "image-0";
            reg = <0x0000C000 0x32000>;
        };
        slot1_partition: partition@3e000 {
            label = "image-1";
            reg = <0x0003E000 0x32000>;
        };
        scratch_partition: partition@70000 {
            label = "image-scratch";
            reg = <0x00070000 0xa000>;
        };

#if defined(CONFIG_FS_FLASH_STORAGE_PARTITION)
        storage_partition: partition@7a000 {
            label = "storage";
            reg = <0x0007a000 0x00002000>;
        };
#endif
    };

In the conf file :

CONFIG_SOC_FLASH_NRF=y
CONFIG_FS_NFFS_NUM_BLOCKS=1024
CONFIG_FS_NFFS_NUM_INODES=1024
CONFIG_FS_NFFS_NUM_CACHE_BLOCKS=1
CONFIG_FS_NFFS_NUM_CACHE_INODES=1
CONFIG_FS_NFFS_NUM_DIRS=4
CONFIG_FS_NFFS_NUM_FILES=4
CONFIG_FS_NFFS_NUM_INODES=64
CONFIG_HEAP_MEM_POOL_SIZE=4096
CONFIG_MAIN_STACK_SIZE=4096
CONFIG_NFFS_FILESYSTEM_MAX_AREAS=12
CONFIG_NFFS_FILESYSTEM_MAX_BLOCK_SIZE=128
CONFIG_FS_FLASH_STORAGE_PARTITION=y
CONFIG_SOC_FLASH_NRF_RADIO_SYNC=y

In the CMakeLists.txt :

set(BOARD nrf52_pca10040)

target_include_directories(app PRIVATE $ENV{ZEPHYR_BASE}/ext/fs/nffs/include)
target_link_libraries(app NFFS)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Laurence

[...]

Trying to add support for FRDM-KL28Z (nxp)

Lars Knudsen

Hi,

I'm trying to add support for the FRDM-KL28Z board but realize, there seem to be missing support under /ext (where I see support for e.g. MKL25Z4).

Would this need to be pulled from an NXP repo?

br
Lars

Re: [Zephyr-users] [Zephyr-devel] nRF52: USART: sending data from Serial terminal to DK

Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa

Why don’t you use tests/bluetooth/mesh_shell ? and add your commands?

Johan may be of assistance.

On 24 Aug 2018, at 13:08, Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...> wrote:

Hi Vinayak,
My sim is to create commands & send it to PDK where PDK process them & help onboard #BluetoothMesh clients to create data packets.

Currently using thread triggered by button interrupt to send Bluetooth Mesh Client mesaages like
Gen_OnOff_Set/ Gen_OnOff_Set_Unack/Gen_Level_Set/Gen_Level_Set_Unack

Thank You !!

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 4:32 PM Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...> wrote:
if you are looking for a shell, tests/bluetooth/shell could be your inspiration.

if you are looking for implementing a transport over uart, then samples/bluetooth/hci_uart could be your inspiration.

other samples and subsystems may be using UART, that could also be close to your needs. Hoping the UART API documentation in Zephyr should suffice your requirements and how to use it.

-Vinayak

On 24 Aug 2018, at 12:46, vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...> wrote:

I found sample code under main tree i.e zephyr/samples/nfc/nfc_hello
which read data on UART terminal.

But it is crasing with this log  ...

Sample app running on: arm
***** BUS FAULT *****
  Instruction bus error
***** Hardware exception *****
Faulting instruction address = 0x8fccaf0
Fatal fault in essential thread! Spinning...

So I edit as
uart1_dev = device_get_binding("UART_0")

But still firmware is not printing received data back on
terminal.

Thank You !!

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 6:54 PM vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...> wrote:
Hi,

I wanna send some chuck of data over USART to #nRF52840_PDK like commands.

Is there any sample code available for it or any configuration is required to enable this USART
read feature ?

Thank You !!

Re: Applying TDD to an IP stack issue

Oleg Zhurakivskyy

Hello Paul,

On 08/23/2018 01:29 PM, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:

The simplest test would be as follows: it should be an active close,
i.e. connection close should happen on Zephyr side. Then test would
expect to receive a FIN pkt, but should ignore it and not send an ACK.
Then the test should verify that a FIN retransmission is received
within reasonable time.
Thanks for the input.

Currenly the TCP suite is very simple and doesn't have a capability to initiate events on a peer's side of TCP connection.

I am planning to add such capability and will try to implement such a test.

Regards,
Oleg

Re: [Zephyr-users] [Zephyr-devel] nRF52: USART: sending data from Serial terminal to DK

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

[...]

Re: nRF52: USART: sending data from Serial terminal to DK

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

[...]

DS-5 ARM compiler support

miem@...

Hi,

Does Zephyr have (or plan to add) support for DS-5 ARM compiler?

Regards,
Mina

2521 - 2540 of 7538