Well it should not be a big deal to compile a more modern Linux Kernel for i.mx6. Most things are mainline. 4.1 is EOL anyway.

Best regards

Serafin

On 27/08/18 18:16, sxzxchen@... wrote:
imx6ull,with linux kernel version 4.15

发自我的华为手机

-------- 原始邮件 --------
主题:Re: [Zephyr-devel] hciconfig tools error with nrf52832 running zephyr
发件人:Maureen Helm
收件人:sxzxchen@...,Johan Hedberg
抄送:devel@...

Which NXP device are you running embedded Linux? I can check to see if we have plans to update the kernel version.

发件人:Johan Hedberg
收件人:sxzxchen@...
抄送:Maureen Helm ,devel@...

Earlier you said it was 4.1.15. Which one was a typo? :)

Johan

--
[...]

Re: 回复:[Zephyr-devel] hciconfig tools error with nrf52832 running zephyr

Johan Hedberg

At 2018-08-24 13:24:28, "Johan Hedberg" <@jhe> wrote:

>Hi,

>On Thu, Aug 23, 2018, @icephyr wrote:

>> I bought a official nrf52832 development kits and ported zephyr

>> project successfully. It runs fine with my ubuntu host,via btattach

>> and btmgmt tools.But it didn't work with my nxp embedded linux,the

>> linux version is 4.1.15 and supports hciattach hciconfig tools

>> only.When I tried to bring the bluetooth module up with hciconfig hci0

>> up,an error comes up:

>The 4.1 kernel is too old to support controllers without a public

>address. IIRC you need at least a 4.4 kernel, but ideally something much

>newer than that.

>Johan

回复:[Zephyr-devel] hciconfig tools error with nrf52832 running zephyr

icephyr

imx6ull,with linux kernel version 4.15

发自我的华为手机

Which NXP device are you running embedded Linux? I can check to see if we have plans to update the kernel version.

Thanks for your explanation.since the embedded linux version is bound  with the chip, I cannot update it easily.So is there any ways to solve this problem without updating linux version ?

At 2018-08-24 13:24:28, "Johan Hedberg" <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
>Hi,
>On Thu, Aug 23, 2018, sxzxchen@... wrote:
>> I bought a official nrf52832 development kits and ported zephyr
>> project successfully. It runs fine with my ubuntu host,via btattach
>> and btmgmt tools.But it didn't work with my nxp embedded linux,the
>> linux version is 4.1.15 and supports hciattach hciconfig tools
>> only.When I tried to bring the bluetooth module up with hciconfig hci0
>> up,an error comes up:
>The 4.1 kernel is too old to support controllers without a public
>address. IIRC you need at least a 4.4 kernel, but ideally something much
>newer than that.
>Johan

Re: hciconfig tools error with nrf52832 running zephyr

Maureen Helm

> [...]

Also copying Emanuele who's doing most of the work on this board.

On 26/08/2018, 18:07, "devel@... on behalf of Henrik Brix Andersen" <devel@... on behalf of henrik@...> wrote:

  Hi,

  I have just acquired an NRF52840 Dongle (nrf52840_pca10059) and I am facing some difficulties with board startup.

  When I flash a zephyr binary to the board (e.g. samples/basic/blinky) the board starts up fine and starts the application.
  But when I disconnect the board from USB power and reconnect it, the application no longer starts (and the internal DC-DC converter does not seem to start-up either).

  If I run no-op pyOCD command (e.g. pyocd-flashtool -t nrf52840) the application springs to life (e.g. for blinky, the LED starts to blink).
  I am not using mcuboot or any other bootloader; just the bare-bone sample application.

Laurence Pasteau

[...]

        };