Date

6LoWPAN and Zephyr

Joakim Eriksson <joakim.eriksson@...>

Hello,

I am going to try out the 6LoWPAN/802.15.4 stack on Zephyr OS - what boards would be reasonable
picks for testing that? I can see the EFR32 board is supported - is that a good choice and would
I be able to run the RPL-node and 6LoWPAN on that?

Best regards,
— Joakim Eriksson, RISE SICS

Bluetooth: Mesh: issue with provisioning with #meshctl

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi,
I'm not able to provision any sample code using Bluez v5.49 #meshctl in case of latest master branch i.e v1.13rc2.

Other observations:

1) Using #nRFMesh App (iOS) everything is Ok.

2) In case of Zephyr v1.12.99, able to provision using #meshctl as well as #nRFMesh

Thank You !!

Re: SPI driver development

Jiří Kubias <jiri.kubias@...>

Hi Justin,
actually I made it yesterday (adopted stm32 code), at least it is looks like that it is working somehow (both direction), but also it need some testing. However Im still missing IRQ and DMA support.  So if your code support IRQ and DMA I would like to take look at it as I need DMA support.  Im also still missing some initialization part check... Lot of stuff to do.

Im still dont know how to handle the possibility to have various configuration for different chip select under one peripheral in Zephyr.  But I dont need this functionality and Zephyr is not ready for this....

Just to be clear Im using SPI peripheral not USART.

Regards,
Jiri

Hi Jiri,

I have a good bit of a SPI driver done. It needs the reading side completed and tested. For my purposes I only did the writing side. Would you like to take it from where I left off or do you want to do your own? You are welcome either way to message me on IRC. I have written a portion of the SAM supporting code.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 12:15 AM Tomasz Bursztyka <tomasz.bursztyka@....com> wrote:
Hi Jiri,

One thing is common over all drivers is how it iterates through the r/w
buffers (drivers/spi/spi_context.h) but rest depends on hardware and
whether or not you use a HAL to access it (nrfx, stm32 are doing it for
instance).

Up to you to decide if you want to use a HAL (from Atmel's ASF) or not
then.

Br,

Tomasz

> Hi,
> I would like to try develop SPI driver for SAME70. However by looking
> to ./drivers/spi/ it seems that every driver is implemented by its
> own way (some needs workarounds in dts.fixup). Is there some spi
> driver which I can take as reference? Im quite new to this so any
> help is appreciate.
>
> Best regards,
> Jiri

Ing. Jiri Kubias

e-mail: jiri.kubias@...
mobile: 775 593 956

Re: SPI driver development

Justin

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 12:15 AM Tomasz Bursztyka <tomasz.bursztyka@...> wrote:
Hi Jiri,

One thing is common over all drivers is how it iterates through the r/w
buffers (drivers/spi/spi_context.h) but rest depends on hardware and
whether or not you use a HAL to access it (nrfx, stm32 are doing it for
instance).

Up to you to decide if you want to use a HAL (from Atmel's ASF) or not
then.

Br,

Tomasz

> Hi,
> I would like to try develop SPI driver for SAME70. However by looking
> to ./drivers/spi/ it seems that every driver is implemented by its
> own way (some needs workarounds in dts.fixup). Is there some spi
> driver which I can take as reference? Im quite new to this so any
> help is appreciate.
>
> Best regards,
> Jiri

Re: Private: Re: MPU fault while testing Bluetooth Mesh Sample demos

Carles Cufi

Right, but we need to get to the bottom of this faults and what is causing them on master.

Vikrant, Phil, can you please share with us how to reproduce the issue?

Carles

From: <devel@...> on behalf of vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>
Date: Wednesday, 5 September 2018 at 20:33
To: Phil Hipp <finke@...>, "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Private: Re: MPU fault while testing Bluetooth Mesh Sample demos

Hi Phil,

Yes, you are right. If we used v1.12.99 then didn't get any MPU fault or Kernel OOPS.

Thanks !!

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 4:51 PM, Phil Hipp <finke@...> wrote:

I had similar issues. Don't use the master branch, but the v1.12.0 tag.

Re: Private: Re: MPU fault while testing Bluetooth Mesh Sample demos

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi Phil,
Yes, you are right. If we used v1.12.99 then didn't get any MPU fault or Kernel OOPS.

Thanks !!

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 4:51 PM, Phil Hipp <finke@...> wrote:
I had similar issues. Don't use the master branch, but the v1.12.0 tag.

Re: DTM mode on nrf52840

Carles Cufi

Hi Manu,

There are 3 configurations possible when you build Zephyr:

  1. Controller only. The controller exposes HCI over UART, USB or SPI including DTM commands if enabled
  2. Host only. The application and the host are built into the Zephyr image, a separate controller chip is required.
  3. Combined: Host+Controller: Everything runs on the same chip. DTM is available through the shell or to your app via the calls the shell uses

Take a look at this post for more info:

https://www.zephyrproject.org/building-a-qualified-ble-controller-with-zephyr-os-1-9/

Carles

From: Manu R <manu@...>
Date: Wednesday, 5 September 2018 at 18:40
To: "Cufi, Carles" <Carles.Cufi@...>, Vinayak Kariappa Chettimada <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>, "users@..." <users@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] DTM mode on nrf52840

Vinayak, Carles.

Thanks for the responses.

Permit me to clarify

1.Carles: what you suggest might be what I am looking for- the ability to have a standard host+controller on the nrf52, and the additional ability to tap into DTM when needed. That way, I only need only image on the nrf52, and can pre-program the ICs. I am, however, using the uart shell already - can the DTM shell co-exist? Does it expose an HCI interface? I’ll take a look and get back to you.

2. Vinayak:  I exposed an h4 over uart as a controller ONLY. I did not get it working with the application- this was a separate project/attempt. If the transport is virtual, I don’t understand how Carles’ suggestion works- could you help me understand ?

Perhaps a better Question would have been - j have a host+controller implemented, and would also like DTM over H4 for factory testing - how would you suggest I do that?

Thanks to both of you.

Manu

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 8:47 AM Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...> wrote:

> While I was certainly able to expose an hci H4 link to the controller, I was not able to make the DTM mode co-exist with my application code.

Could you ellaborate on how you are accessing H4 from your application, H4 is Bluetooth transport layer and when building host plus controller for nRF52840, the transport is virtual and no H4 (RTS/CTS wired flowcontrol) exists.

> It seems like DTM mode is orthogonal to having a host enabled in the nrf52840.

Correct me, BT spec. Host Volume has no test methodology specified for LE test mode. Hence, there exists no Host APIs mapping to DTM in controller.

-Vinayak