From: Cufi, Carles [mailto:Carles.Cufi@...]
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 2:36 PM
To: Gavrikov Paul <Paul.Gavrikov@...>; zephyr-devel@...
Cc: Lai Matthias <Matthias.Lai@...>; Głąbek, Andrzej <Andrzej.Glabek@...>; Mieruński, Mieszko <Mieszko.Mierunski@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] nRF5 GPIO stops working after some time

+ Andrzej, Mieszko

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Gavrikov Paul <Paul.Gavrikov@...>
Date: Friday, 12 October 2018 at 20:28
To: "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>
Cc: Lai Matthias <Matthias.Lai@...>

Hi,

I have a very weird problem with my nRF52840-DK and Zephyr v1.13.0. Very simple code:

dev = device_get_binding(CONFIG_GPIO_P0_DEV_NAME);

            gpio_pin_configure(dev, 7, GPIO_PIN_ENABLE  | GPIO_DIR_OUT);

            gpio_pin_configure(dev, 3, GPIO_PIN_ENABLE  | GPIO_DIR_OUT);

            while(1) {

                        gpio_pin_write(dev, 3, false);

                        gpio_pin_write(dev, 7, false);

                        k_sleep(10);

                        gpio_pin_write(dev, 3, true);

                        gpio_pin_write(dev, 7, true);

                        k_sleep(10);

            }

So all I do is toggle Pin 3 and 7 every 10 msecs. Now if I let this code run it will work, but after some seconds Pin 7 will stop toggling, while Pin 3 keeps running. And after that point Pin 7 will never turn on again (not even if I press Reset). However if I disconnect and then reconnect power, it will start working for some seconds again.

It appears as if there as some Pins that work all the time and some Pins just stop working after some seconds. What is wrong?

Best,

Paul

Re: bt_le_scan of node in Mesh network

Julian, LEDCity.ch

Hi Martin,
We needed the same functionality that you are describing.

After some analysis of the BT Mesh subsystem in the Zephryr, we came to the same conclusion as Vinayak. The Mesh system is using the BT 4 features to receive packages itself, i.e. the Mesh subsystem starts scanning with bt_le_scan on initialization and registeres its own callback (bt_mesh_scan_cb in Zephyr/subsys/bluetooth/host/mesh/adv.c). The system does not allow a second (concurrent) call of bt_le_scan.

Hence, the only option is a small adaptation of  the Zephyr source.
The Mesh scan callback only recognises Mesh specific scan packages and ignores the rest. Introducing an extra callback enabled us to receive all scan packages that are ignored by Mesh (see code snipped below).

Best,
Julian

Here is a code snippet of our adaptations of adv.c starting on line 253:
///////////////////changes here
//callback function pointer to be set from project code
void (*bt_mesh_scan_unprocressed_nonconn_ad_cb)(const bt_addr_le_t *addr, s8_t rssi,
        struct net_buf_simple *buf, u8_t type_from_buf, u8_t data_len) = NULL;
/////////////////

static void bt_mesh_scan_cb(const bt_addr_le_t *addr, s8_t rssi,
                u8_t adv_type, struct net_buf_simple *buf)
{
    if (adv_type != BT_LE_ADV_NONCONN_IND) {
        return;
    }

    BT_DBG("len %u: %s", buf->len, bt_hex(buf->data, buf->len));

    while (buf->len > 1) {
        struct net_buf_simple_state state;
        u8_t len, type;

        len = net_buf_simple_pull_u8(buf);
        /* Check for early termination */
        if (len == 0) {
            return;
        }

        if (len > buf->len) {
            BT_WARN("AD malformed");
            return;
        }

        net_buf_simple_save(buf, &state);

        type = net_buf_simple_pull_u8(buf);

        buf->len = len - 1;

        switch (type) {
        case BT_DATA_MESH_MESSAGE:
            bt_mesh_net_recv(buf, rssi, BT_MESH_NET_IF_ADV);
            break;
#if defined(CONFIG_BT_MESH_PB_ADV)
        case BT_DATA_MESH_PROV:
            bt_mesh_pb_adv_recv(buf);
            break;
#endif
        case BT_DATA_MESH_BEACON:
            bt_mesh_beacon_recv(buf);
            break;
///////////////////changes here
        default:
            if (bt_mesh_scan_unprocressed_nonconn_ad_cb != NULL)
                bt_mesh_scan_unprocressed_nonconn_ad_cb(addr,rssi,buf,type,len-1);
            break;
/////////////////
        }

        net_buf_simple_restore(buf, &state);
        net_buf_simple_pull(buf, len);

Re: Slip TCP connection between linux host and nrf52840

Andrei Emeltchenko <andrei.emeltchenko@...>

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 10:35:23AM -0700, cpmcparland@rtisys.org wrote:
Andrei,

THanks for the note....unfortuately, the USB interface is peripheral only.
Your device can be USB Ethernet dongle itself, no need to connect extra
stuff.

Best regards
Andrei Emeltchenko

Re: bt_le_scan of node in Mesh network

Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa

Hi Martin,

Adding Johan.

The controller does not support multiple scan state instances. This is something in the works.

Mesh stack implementation utilizes standard BT 4.0+ controller features, and no proprietary implementations are present in Zephyr.

That said, there are plans to add Mesh vendor specific extensions, some investigatory work was done before but postposed for later implementation:

Vinayak

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Gavrikov Paul <Paul.Gavrikov@...>
Date: Friday, 12 October 2018 at 20:28
To: "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>
Cc: Lai Matthias <Matthias.Lai@...>

Gavrikov Paul <Paul.Gavrikov@...>

[...]

cpmcparland@...

Jukka,

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case.  Have found the slip.c code and am looking through it.
Not too many examples for slip and the ones I have seen all point to Qemu.  Any idea or pointers
as to where uart pipe gets created?  I'm guessing its buried somewhere in the Qemu board support
config files.

Regards,
Chuck McP

Re: Slip TCP connection between linux host and nrf52840

cpmcparland@...

Andrei,

THanks for the note....unfortuately, the USB interface is peripheral only. So, as I
understand it, I can't control USB/WiFi dongles which are also peripheral mode
devices.

Cheers,
Chuck McP

bt_le_scan of node in Mesh network

Martin <ma@...>

Hi,
I am wondering if (and how) it is possible to fire off a bt_le_scan
(scan for nearby devices) from a Zephyr OS device which is a node in a
BLE mesh network at the same time.
From my current research I have found out that timing possibly is
important (and that Nordic provides a Timeslot API), but I did not
find a timing API or suchlike in the Zephyr OS documentation..

Could someone point me into the right direction?

Thanks!
Martin

Re: How to add GPS / location in Zephyr?

A PR is available now here:

All feedback welcome.