Date

Re: [RFC] k_poll_signal name and MISRA

alexander.wachter@...

On Montag, 29. Oktober 2018 08:48:46 CET Erwan Gouriou wrote:
Making different names is good, but then I think one should be able to
identify quickly which is struct and which isn't,
What about k_struct_poll_signal or k_poll_signal_struct ?
What about k_poll_signal_instance ?

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 22:07, Flavio Ceolin <flavio.ceolin@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

MISRA-C rule 5.7 says that a tag name shall be a unique identifier, also
reuse tag names is an undefined behavior recognized in C99 (Section
6.7.2.3).

It happens that we have in Zephyr both a struct and a function called
k_poll_signal (there may be others cases in the project), the question
is, what it is preferable, change the function to something like,
k_pll_signal_signal() or change the struct nam ? In the latter, what is
the
suggestion ? Remembering that I'll follow this pattern if necessary.

Regards,
Flavio Ceolin
--
Alexander Wachter

Graz, University Of Technology
Student of Telematik
(Information and Computer Engineering)

Re: two iface in one device

Jukka Rissanen

Hi Bub,

are you talking about wifi offloading device or some out-of-tree wifi
device?

The NET_DEVICE_OFFLOAD_INIT() would need to be changed a bit to create
more than one network interface for a given device if you have
offloading wifi driver.

There exists already ETH_NET_DEVICE_INIT() for ethernet which supports
more than one network interface (for VLAN support) for a given device.
You could see how it is doing things to create more than one network
interface for a given device.

Cheers,
Jukka

On Mon, 2018-10-29 at 14:58 +0800, "K.I.R.A. wrote:
Hi ,
I would like to define two net ifaces in one device.
Wi-Fi STA and softap are two types of ifaces at app layer, but only
one device at driver layer is enough,that is only one NET_DEVICE_INIT
invoked.

Do you have any idea?

Best Regards,
Bub

Re: [RFC] k_poll_signal name and MISRA

Erwan Gouriou

[...]

two iface in one device

"K.I.R.A.

Hi ,
I would like to define two net ifaces in one device.
Wi-Fi STA and softap are two types of ifaces at app layer, but only one device at driver layer is enough,that is only one NET_DEVICE_INIT invoked.

Do you have any idea?

Best Regards,
Bub

Re: Get remaining thread stack space

Raj Gundi

Thanks Carles. I made CONFIG_INIT_STACKS=y and used stack_unused_space_get to get what I wanted.

Regards,

Raj

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Raj Gundi <rajavardhan.gundi@...>
Date: Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 08:47
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Get remaining thread stack space

Hi,

Is there a way to get the remaining stack space of a thread in Zephyr? For e.g. if a thread is configured to use a max stack space of 512 bytes, is there a way to find out the actual stack used by the thread? If the actual stack space used is 200 bytes, the unutilized space would be 312 bytes.

Regards,

Raj

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Raj Gundi <rajavardhan.gundi@...>
Date: Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 08:47
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>

[...]

I think this was just a typo __
Yep, just a typo :)

On 25/10/2018, 21:39, "devel@... on behalf of Abderrezak Mekkaoui" <devel@... on behalf of ab.mekka@...> wrote:

Hi Flavio,

First thing that came to my mind when I saw k_pll is a PLL. Hopefully
there is a better abbreviation for poll than pll.
Regards
Abderrezak Mekkaoui

On 10/25/2018 4:06 PM, Flavio Ceolin wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> MISRA-C rule 5.7 says that a tag name shall be a unique identifier, also
> reuse tag names is an undefined behavior recognized in C99 (Section
> 6.7.2.3).
>
> It happens that we have in Zephyr both a struct and a function called
> k_poll_signal (there may be others cases in the project), the question
> is, what it is preferable, change the function to something like,
> k_pll_signal_signal() or change the struct nam ? In the latter, what is the
> suggestion ? Remembering that I'll follow this pattern if necessary.
>

> Regards,
> Flavio Ceolin

Re: EMULATOR BOARD QEMU

Amir Camillo <amircam@...>

Thank you!

Em sex, 26 de out de 2018 às 03:10, Andrei Emeltchenko <andrei.emeltchenko.news@...> escreveu:

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 05:42:06PM -0300, Amir Camillo wrote:
>    I want to learn how to use sephyr, I am not finding the steps to emulate
>    the boards in qemu, I would like to know how to emulate the ZEPHYR IN A
>    QEMU EMULATOR.

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/x86/qemu_x86/doc/board.html

cd $ZEPHYR_BASE/samples/synchronization
mkdir build && cd build

# Use cmake to configure a Ninja-based build system:
cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=qemu_x86 ..

# Now run ninja on the generated build system:
ninja run

Best regards
Andrei Emeltchenko

--

Re: EMULATOR BOARD QEMU

Andrei

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 05:42:06PM -0300, Amir Camillo wrote:
I want to learn how to use sephyr, I am not finding the steps to emulate
the boards in qemu, I would like to know how to emulate the ZEPHYR IN A
QEMU EMULATOR.
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/x86/qemu_x86/doc/board.html

cd $ZEPHYR_BASE/samples/synchronization
mkdir build && cd build

# Use cmake to configure a Ninja-based build system:
cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=qemu_x86 ..

# Now run ninja on the generated build system:
ninja run

Best regards
Andrei Emeltchenko

Re: [RFC] k_poll_signal name and MISRA

Nashif, Anas

I think this was just a typo __

On 25/10/2018, 21:39, "devel@... on behalf of Abderrezak Mekkaoui" <devel@... on behalf of ab.mekka@...> wrote:

Hi Flavio,

First thing that came to my mind when I saw k_pll is a PLL. Hopefully
there is a better abbreviation for poll than pll.
Regards
Abderrezak Mekkaoui

On 10/25/2018 4:06 PM, Flavio Ceolin wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> MISRA-C rule 5.7 says that a tag name shall be a unique identifier, also
> reuse tag names is an undefined behavior recognized in C99 (Section
> 6.7.2.3).
>
> It happens that we have in Zephyr both a struct and a function called
> k_poll_signal (there may be others cases in the project), the question
> is, what it is preferable, change the function to something like,
> k_pll_signal_signal() or change the struct nam ? In the latter, what is the
> suggestion ? Remembering that I'll follow this pattern if necessary.
>

> Regards,
> Flavio Ceolin

EMULATOR BOARD QEMU

Amir Camillo <amircam@...>

I want to learn how to use sephyr, I am not finding the steps to emulate the boards in qemu, I would like to know how to emulate the ZEPHYR IN A QEMU EMULATOR.

tHANK'S

--

Re: [RFC] k_poll_signal name and MISRA

Abderrezak Mekkaoui <ab.mekka@...>

[...]

IPv6 Mesh over BLUETOOTH Low Energy using IPSP

Reto Schneider <reto@...>

Hi all,

Via the paper "Bluetooth Low Energy Mesh Networks: A Survey" [1] I found
out about the WIP IETF RFC "IPv6 Mesh over BLUETOOTH(R) Low Energy using
IPSP" [2].

Being able to use IPv6 over a meshed BLE network looks very promising to
me and I am wondering if anyone in the Zephyr community is working on
this or at least interested?

[1]
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317822566_Bluetooth_Low_Energy_Mesh_Networks_A_Survey
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-blemesh-03

Kind regards,
Reto

lwip integration with OpenThread #nrf52840 #lwip #openthread

deepa.gopinath@...

Hi all,

For reference, Can you please share an lwip example application built on top of Zephyrt's OpenThread integration code base?
Do you support all the features of OT stack in Zephyrt's OpenThread integration code?

Thanks & Regards,
Deepa

Re: SPI Kconfig.nrfx changes in recent (1.13.99) clone - setting GPIO pins for SPI master now fails.

Jan Van Winkel <jan.van_winkel@...>

Hi Chuck,

As far as I know a lot of progress is ongoing in Zephyr to move to DTS and if I'm not mistaken I2C was there before SPI.

Regards,
Jan

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 10:23 PM <cpmcparland@...> wrote:
Jan,

Thanks....am working on an overlay now.  Sure makes the prj.cfg look a lot
cleaner.  Am I right to expect that this sort of transformation will make its way
into other drivers as well (e.g. I2C)?

Regards,
Chuck

Re: SPI Kconfig.nrfx changes in recent (1.13.99) clone - setting GPIO pins for SPI master now fails.

cpmcparland@...

Jan,

Thanks....am working on an overlay now.  Sure makes the prj.cfg look a lot
cleaner.  Am I right to expect that this sort of transformation will make its way
into other drivers as well (e.g. I2C)?

Regards,
Chuck

subsys/storage/flash_map - FLASH_DEV_NAME definition

Jiří Kubias <jiri.kubias@...>

Hi,
Im playing with subsys/storage/flash_map   and I have one problem with  flash_drivers_map structure.

Currently it is defined as

struct driver_map_entry {
u8_t id;
const char * const name;
};

static const struct driver_map_entry  flash_drivers_map[] = {
#ifdef FLASH_DEV_NAME /* SoC embedded flash driver */
{SOC_FLASH_0_ID, FLASH_DEV_NAME},
#endif
#ifdef CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_W25QXXDV
{SPI_FLASH_0_ID, CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_W25QXXDV_DRV_NAME},
#endif
};

Im using SOC flash map so I need to define FLASH_DEV_NAME  - by looking into the source codes is sees tat it should be defined in dts.fixup  - for example it is defined in:
./arch/arm/soc/nordic_nrf/nrf52/dts.fixup:29:#define FLASH_DEV_NAME                     NRF_NRF52_FLASH_CONTROLLER_4001E000_LABEL

But from structure driver_map_entry definition the second variable must be a const char * const name - so it does not fit.

So am I doing something wrong or it is need some fixes in Zephyr? In my opinion is should be defined in .config file as CONFIG_FLASH_MAP_DEV_NAME

Im using 1.13.0 as stable release.

Regards,
Jiri

Ing. Jiri Kubias

e-mail: jiri.kubias@...
mobile: 775 593 956

Re: SPI Kconfig.nrfx changes in recent (1.13.99) clone - setting GPIO pins for SPI master now fails.

Jan Van Winkel <jan.van_winkel@...>

Hi Chuck,

SPI config has switched to devicetree and you only need following configs in you prj.conf file for SPI_0:
CONFIG_SPI=y
CONFIG_SPI_0=y
CONFIG_SPI_NRFX=y

All other configurations come from the boards DTS files. Have a look at boards/arm/nrf52840_pca10059/nrf52840_pca10059.dts and dts/arm/nordic/nrf52840.dtsi .

In case you need to adapt the default settings you can add an overlay to your project directory.

Regards,
Jan

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 1:18 AM <cpmcparland@...> wrote:
My zephyr app, built on ver 1.13.0 with the following prj.cfg file:

CONFIG_FLOAT=y
CONFIG_FP_SHARING=y
CONFIG_NEWLIB_LIBC=y
CONFIG_HEAP_MEM_POOL_SIZE=16384

CONFIG_GPIO=y
CONFIG_SPI=y
CONFIG_SPI_0=y
CONFIG_SPI_ASYNC=y
CONFIG_SPI_0_NAME="SPI_0"
CONFIG_SPI_0_OP_MODES=1
CONFIG_SPI_0_IRQ_PRI=0
CONFIG_SPI_NRFX=y
CONFIG_SPI_0_NRF_SPIM=y
CONFIG_SPI_0_NRF_SCK_PIN=28
CONFIG_SPI_0_NRF_MOSI_PIN=29
CONFIG_SPI_0_NRF_MISO_PIN=30
CONFIG_SPI_0_NRF_ORC=0xf

built and ran successfully on a nrf52840_pca10056 board.  I have recently updated to ver 1.13.99 and it no longer
gets through cmake because several symbols are no longer in the Kconfig.nrfx file for the SPI driver.  Namely,
CONFIG_SPI_0_SCK_PIN, _MOSI_PIN, and _MISO_PIN. I need to set these pins to coincide with target hardware,
Also, SPI_0_NAME seems to have disappeared.

Looking more closely at the Kconfig.nrfx files from both clones, the latest version has changed and does not include
symbols to set up these pins.  I guess I could edit the .config file, but that would be overwritten every time I run cmake.

Maybe I'm just out of phase here.  Is there a nrf spim driver update in progress?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

3501 - 3520 of 8790