Date

Re: [Question] zephyr file transfer via BLE

우승우 <du5102@...>

Hi This is seungwoo

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have two more questions.

1.     nrf52810 pin setting

-      The nrf52810 pin can be set flexibly.

-      In other words, you can set the CTS RTS TX RX pin of the UART to be flexible.

-      nrf52810 Is the pin setting in zephyr code?

-      If yes, can I set up a guide?

-      How can I disable CTS and RTS in UART?

2.     nrf52810 binary flash

-      I know how to write stacks and applications to the chip at the Nordic site.

-      However, zephyr does not write the stack and application provided by Nordic.

-      Is this correct?

-      In other words, do I have to write nrf52810 separately to the zephyr build binary?

Thanks you

From: <devel@...> on behalf of 우승우 <du5102@...>
Date: Thursday, 18 October 2018 at 09:35
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>

Hi, This is seungwoo

I have a question

If you look at the site below, I can transfer BLE file using Nordic chip.

https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordic-q-a/33093/transfer-big-file-over-ble

nrf52-ble-image-transfer-demo çè Android-Image-Transfer-Demo   // file transfer

I am trying to develop a device with BLE functionality using nrf52810 in zephyr OS.

Like nrf52-ble-image-transfer-demo, Can I use zephyr with an application that can transfer files with Android?

Or I would like to ask if there is a case in which Zephyr tried to implement file transmission via BLE.

Thanks you

Re: [RFC] k_poll_signal name and MISRA

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 08:48:46 +0100
"Erwan Gouriou" <erwan.gouriou@linaro.org> wrote:

Making different names is good, but then I think one should be able to
identify quickly which is struct and which isn't,
What about k_struct_poll_signal or k_poll_signal_struct ?
Well, that should be simple: a noun is a struct, so k_poll_signal
remains a structure. A subroutine which performs action should contain
a verb. To avoid tautology, it may be k_poll_signal_set(). Or perhaps,
signals are raised? Then k_poll_signal_raise().

That's a basic idea which many projects follow, and which is mostly,
but not consistently, seems to be followed by Zephyr. As many other
things in Zephyr, such conventions would rather be formalized.

Flavio, one good way to approach questions like this is to do some
research/analysis and offer 3-4 alternative variants for people to
choose from (or base further alternatives on). Fairly speaking, I didn't
reply earlier in this thread, because I wanted to do such an analysis
myself, but as usual, it's backlogged by other tasks.

A variant presented above is just a "low-hanging" one. We could go
further, e.g.

2. Challenge the name "signal", it may be confusing.
3. Challenge the "_poll" infix part of the name, that's again
confusing due to noun/verb ambiguity.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 22:07, Flavio Ceolin <flavio.ceolin@intel.com>
wrote:

Hi guys,

MISRA-C rule 5.7 says that a tag name shall be a unique identifier,
also reuse tag names is an undefined behavior recognized in C99
(Section 6.7.2.3).

It happens that we have in Zephyr both a struct and a function
called k_poll_signal (there may be others cases in the project),
the question is, what it is preferable, change the function to
something like, k_pll_signal_signal() or change the struct nam ? In
the latter, what is the suggestion ? Remembering that I'll follow
this pattern if necessary.

Regards,
Flavio Ceolin

Re: two iface in one device

"K.I.R.A.

Actually, I only need do one time initialization that is for CP startup. In CP, STA and softap will be running after initializing.
But now, I define two devices for STA and softap that are different models for app. In init function, I have to check if CP has been initialized by STA or softap.

Best Regards,
Bub
From: "Jukka Rissanen"<jukka.rissanen@...>
Date: Mon, Oct 29, 2018 16:01 PM
To: "devel"<devel@...>;"\"K.I.R.A."<38900484@...>;

Hi Bub,

are you talking about wifi offloading device or some out-of-tree wifi
device?

The NET_DEVICE_OFFLOAD_INIT() would need to be changed a bit to create
more than one network interface for a given device if you have
offloading wifi driver.

There exists already ETH_NET_DEVICE_INIT() for ethernet which supports
more than one network interface (for VLAN support) for a given device.
You could see how it is doing things to create more than one network
interface for a given device.

Cheers,
Jukka

On Mon, 2018-10-29 at 14:58 +0800, "K.I.R.A. wrote:
> Hi ,
> I would like to define two net ifaces in one device.
> Wi-Fi STA and softap are two types of ifaces at app layer, but only
> one device at driver layer is enough,that is only one NET_DEVICE_INIT
> invoked.
>
> Do you have any idea?
>
> Best Regards,
> Bub

Re: two iface in one device

"K.I.R.A.

alexander.wachter@...

On Montag, 29. Oktober 2018 08:48:46 CET Erwan Gouriou wrote:
Making different names is good, but then I think one should be able to
identify quickly which is struct and which isn't,
What about k_struct_poll_signal or k_poll_signal_struct ?
What about k_poll_signal_instance ?

--
Alexander Wachter

Graz, University Of Technology
Student of Telematik
(Information and Computer Engineering)

Re: two iface in one device

Jukka Rissanen

[...]

Erwan Gouriou

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 22:07, Flavio Ceolin <flavio.ceolin@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: Get remaining thread stack space

Raj Gundi

Thanks Carles. I made CONFIG_INIT_STACKS=y and used stack_unused_space_get to get what I wanted.

Regards,

Raj

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Raj Gundi <rajavardhan.gundi@...>
Date: Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 08:47
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Get remaining thread stack space

Hi,

Is there a way to get the remaining stack space of a thread in Zephyr? For e.g. if a thread is configured to use a max stack space of 512 bytes, is there a way to find out the actual stack used by the thread? If the actual stack space used is 200 bytes, the unutilized space would be 312 bytes.

Regards,

Raj

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Raj Gundi <rajavardhan.gundi@...>
Date: Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 08:47
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>

[...]

I think this was just a typo __
Yep, just a typo :)

On 25/10/2018, 21:39, "devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of Abderrezak Mekkaoui" <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of ab.mekka@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Flavio,

First thing that came to my mind when I saw k_pll is a PLL. Hopefully
there is a better abbreviation for poll than pll.
Regards
Abderrezak Mekkaoui

On 10/25/2018 4:06 PM, Flavio Ceolin wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> MISRA-C rule 5.7 says that a tag name shall be a unique identifier, also
> reuse tag names is an undefined behavior recognized in C99 (Section
> 6.7.2.3).
>
> It happens that we have in Zephyr both a struct and a function called
> k_poll_signal (there may be others cases in the project), the question
> is, what it is preferable, change the function to something like,
> k_pll_signal_signal() or change the struct nam ? In the latter, what is the
> suggestion ? Remembering that I'll follow this pattern if necessary.
>

> Regards,
> Flavio Ceolin

Re: EMULATOR BOARD QEMU

Amir Camillo <amircam@...>

Thank you!

Em sex, 26 de out de 2018 às 03:10, Andrei Emeltchenko <andrei.emeltchenko.news@...> escreveu:

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 05:42:06PM -0300, Amir Camillo wrote:
>    I want to learn how to use sephyr, I am not finding the steps to emulate
>    the boards in qemu, I would like to know how to emulate the ZEPHYR IN A
>    QEMU EMULATOR.

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/x86/qemu_x86/doc/board.html

cd $ZEPHYR_BASE/samples/synchronization
mkdir build && cd build

# Use cmake to configure a Ninja-based build system:
cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=qemu_x86 ..

# Now run ninja on the generated build system:
ninja run

Best regards
Andrei Emeltchenko

--

Re: EMULATOR BOARD QEMU

Andrei

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 05:42:06PM -0300, Amir Camillo wrote:
I want to learn how to use sephyr, I am not finding the steps to emulate
the boards in qemu, I would like to know how to emulate the ZEPHYR IN A
QEMU EMULATOR.
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/x86/qemu_x86/doc/board.html

cd $ZEPHYR_BASE/samples/synchronization
mkdir build && cd build

# Use cmake to configure a Ninja-based build system:
cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=qemu_x86 ..

# Now run ninja on the generated build system:
ninja run

Best regards
Andrei Emeltchenko

Re: [RFC] k_poll_signal name and MISRA

Nashif, Anas

I think this was just a typo __

On 25/10/2018, 21:39, "devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of Abderrezak Mekkaoui" <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of ab.mekka@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Flavio,

First thing that came to my mind when I saw k_pll is a PLL. Hopefully
there is a better abbreviation for poll than pll.
Regards
Abderrezak Mekkaoui

On 10/25/2018 4:06 PM, Flavio Ceolin wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> MISRA-C rule 5.7 says that a tag name shall be a unique identifier, also
> reuse tag names is an undefined behavior recognized in C99 (Section
> 6.7.2.3).
>
> It happens that we have in Zephyr both a struct and a function called
> k_poll_signal (there may be others cases in the project), the question
> is, what it is preferable, change the function to something like,
> k_pll_signal_signal() or change the struct nam ? In the latter, what is the
> suggestion ? Remembering that I'll follow this pattern if necessary.
>

> Regards,
> Flavio Ceolin

EMULATOR BOARD QEMU

Amir Camillo <amircam@...>

I want to learn how to use sephyr, I am not finding the steps to emulate the boards in qemu, I would like to know how to emulate the ZEPHYR IN A QEMU EMULATOR.

tHANK'S

--

Re: [RFC] k_poll_signal name and MISRA

Abderrezak Mekkaoui <ab.mekka@...>

[...]

IPv6 Mesh over BLUETOOTH Low Energy using IPSP

Reto Schneider

Hi all,

Via the paper "Bluetooth Low Energy Mesh Networks: A Survey" [1] I found
out about the WIP IETF RFC "IPv6 Mesh over BLUETOOTH(R) Low Energy using
IPSP" [2].

Being able to use IPv6 over a meshed BLE network looks very promising to
me and I am wondering if anyone in the Zephyr community is working on
this or at least interested?

[1]
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317822566_Bluetooth_Low_Energy_Mesh_Networks_A_Survey
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-blemesh-03

Kind regards,
Reto

lwip integration with OpenThread #nrf52840 #lwip #openthread

deepa.gopinath@...

Hi all,

For reference, Can you please share an lwip example application built on top of Zephyrt's OpenThread integration code base?
Do you support all the features of OT stack in Zephyrt's OpenThread integration code?

Thanks & Regards,
Deepa

2761 - 2780 of 8054