Date

Zephyr BLE Controller Nordic HW no longer related to SoftDevice?

frv

Hi Community, Carles,

Without having looking into the details for the HCI_UART implementation when using Zephyr RTOS as SW platform for implementing the BLE controller on Nordic HW, the SoftDevice is no longer present in the SW stack. Correct?

Is it further correct to say that the SoftDevice SW which is Nordic specific replaces the standard HCI way on which BlueZ is based.

I base my understandings on this nice written document:

https://www.zephyrproject.org/building-a-qualified-ble-controller-with-zephyr-os-1-9/

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Frank

Bluetooth: Mesh: APP key & Mesh initialisation delay related issue

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi,

1) If we, (provision -> unprovision -> provision) the Bluetooth Mesh Node which is based on onoff_level_lighting_vnd_app then in case of some arbitrary available Model APP key not get save on SoC persistent storage during "any" reprovision event.

After reboot we have to reassign APP key to things get work.

2) Still facing Mesh initialisation delay. This is because of some recent commits.

There could be problem in commits which are merged after
 46386522142e546c6e028db0f560c6db25a02d06

Thank You !!

Re: Can't use ninja flash for Nucleo board at macos

cstyle

The problem has been solved by
  • The problem has already been solved by  export OPENOCD_DEFAULT_PATH

Re: Looking for help with SAMD2x

Sean Nyekjær <sean@...>

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 at 10.24, Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@...> wrote:
Hi,

> On 16 Nov 2018, at 18.28, Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...> wrote:
>
> Guys,
>
> I’m looking to see if someone (or group) can help with maintenance of the Atmel SAMD2x SoC family.  We have a few things that need updating (like the watchdog driver).  And need someone I can check in w/from time to time if there are questions or we need testing on a board.
>
> Let me know if you can help in the short term with converting drivers/watchdog/wdt_sam0.c to use the new watchdog API.

I am working on converting the SAM0 WDT implementation to the new API (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/10914).

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

I’m also available if needed :-)
For the sam0 it’s only in my spare time...

/Sean

On 16 Nov 2018, at 18.28, Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@linaro.org> wrote:

Guys,

I’m looking to see if someone (or group) can help with maintenance of the Atmel SAMD2x SoC family. We have a few things that need updating (like the watchdog driver). And need someone I can check in w/from time to time if there are questions or we need testing on a board.

Let me know if you can help in the short term with converting drivers/watchdog/wdt_sam0.c to use the new watchdog API.
I am working on converting the SAM0 WDT implementation to the new API (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/10914).

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

Can't use ninja flash for Nucleo board at macos

cstyle

After install open-ocd and  gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2018-q2-update-mac I can build zephyr seccess,but can’t use ninja flash to flash to my hw board on macOS.

Is there any file missing (board/st_nucleo_l4.cfg),how to fix this bug? Thanks.

Error message like this:

azhuodeMacBook-Pro:build azhuo$ ninja flash
[0/1] Flashing nucleo_l476rg
Using runner: openocd
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
/Users/azhuo/zephyr/zephyr/boards/arm/nucleo_l476rg/support/openocd.cfg:1: Error: Can't find board/st_nucleo_l4.cfg
in procedure 'script'
at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 60
at file "/Users/azhuo/zephyr/zephyr/boards/arm/nucleo_l476rg/support/openocd.cfg", line 1
ERROR: command exited with status 1: /usr/local/bin/openocd -f /Users/azhuo/zephyr/zephyr/boards/arm/nucleo_l476rg/support/openocd.cfg -c init -c targets -c 'reset halt' -c 'flash write_image erase /Users/azhuo/zephyr/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/zephyr/zephyr.bin 0x8000000' -c 'reset halt' -c 'verify_image /Users/azhuo/zephyr/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/zephyr/zephyr.bin 0x8000000' -c 'reset run' -c shutdown
run as "west -v ... flash ..." for a stack trace

Re: Looking for help with SAMD2x

Vincent - VLoTech

Hi Kumar,

We work mostly with sam4s series but also used samd21 before.
I can help you with the maintenance and also align the atmel SoC series.

Please let me know if you are interested in my help and what is needed.

Kind regards

Vincent

Op 16 nov. 2018 om 18:28 heeft Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@linaro.org> het volgende geschreven:

Guys,

I’m looking to see if someone (or group) can help with maintenance of the Atmel SAMD2x SoC family. We have a few things that need updating (like the watchdog driver). And need someone I can check in w/from time to time if there are questions or we need testing on a board.

Let me know if you can help in the short term with converting drivers/watchdog/wdt_sam0.c to use the new watchdog API.

[ I also have a question about testing flash support ]

thanks

- k

Not able to build any project

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hello,

After latest sync with master branch not able to build any project ....

For details this is log for building hello_world app ...

root@computer:/home/vikrant/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build# cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=nrf52840_pca10056 ..
-- Found PythonInterp: /usr/bin/python3 (found suitable version "3.6.6", minimum required is "3.4")
-- Selected BOARD nrf52840_pca10056
Zephyr version: 1.13.99
Parsing Kconfig tree in /home/vikrant/zephyr/Kconfig
Merging /home/vikrant/zephyr/samples/hello_world/prj.conf
-- Generating zephyr/include/generated/generated_dts_board.h
nrf52840_pca10056.dts_compiled: Warning (unique_unit_address): /soc/i2c@40003000: duplicate unit-address (also used in node /soc/spi@40003000)
nrf52840_pca10056.dts_compiled: Warning (unique_unit_address): /soc/i2c@40004000: duplicate unit-address (also used in node /soc/spi@40004000)
-- Cache files will be written to: /root/.cache/zephyr
-- The ASM compiler identification is GNU
-- Found assembler: /opt/zephyr-sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-zephyr-eabi/arm-zephyr-eabi-gcc
-- Performing Test toolchain_is_ok
-- Performing Test toolchain_is_ok - Success
-- Configuring done
CMake Error at ../../CMakeLists.txt:1226 (target_link_libraries):
  Error evaluating generator expression:

    $<TARGET_OBJECTS:offsets>

  The evaluation of the TARGET_OBJECTS generator expression is only suitable
  for consumption by CMake.  It is not suitable for writing out elsewhere.

CMake Error at ../../CMakeLists.txt:1191 (target_link_libraries):
  Error evaluating generator expression:

    $<TARGET_OBJECTS:offsets>

  The evaluation of the TARGET_OBJECTS generator expression is only suitable
  for consumption by CMake.  It is not suitable for writing out elsewhere.

CMake Error at ../../CMakeLists.txt:570 (add_custom_command):
  Error evaluating generator expression:

    $<TARGET_OBJECTS:offsets>

  The evaluation of the TARGET_OBJECTS generator expression is only suitable
  for consumption by CMake.  It is not suitable for writing out elsewhere.

CMake Error at ../../CMakeLists.txt:570 (add_custom_command):
  Error evaluating generator expression:

    $<TARGET_OBJECTS:offsets>

  The evaluation of the TARGET_OBJECTS generator expression is only suitable
  for consumption by CMake.  It is not suitable for writing out elsewhere.

CMake Error at ../../CMakeLists.txt:570 (add_custom_command):
  Error evaluating generator expression:

    $<TARGET_OBJECTS:offsets>

  The evaluation of the TARGET_OBJECTS generator expression is only suitable
  for consumption by CMake.  It is not suitable for writing out elsewhere.

-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/vikrant/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build

Thank You !!

Looking for help with SAMD2x

Kumar Gala

Guys,

I’m looking to see if someone (or group) can help with maintenance of the Atmel SAMD2x SoC family. We have a few things that need updating (like the watchdog driver). And need someone I can check in w/from time to time if there are questions or we need testing on a board.

Let me know if you can help in the short term with converting drivers/watchdog/wdt_sam0.c to use the new watchdog API.

[ I also have a question about testing flash support ]

thanks

- k

Re: Getting started with ARM GNU Compiler | errors | #gettingstartedguide

Balasubramanyam

Hi Sebastian,

I tried deleting build folder and created again.
Compilation successful without any issues. Issue not seen anymore

Thanks,
Balasubramanyam Rangineni

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 9:23 PM Bøe, Sebastian <Sebastian.Boe@...> wrote:
I can't think of any reason why blinky would work, whilst hello_world
would produce that error.

Could you try again after deleting the build directories?

It is not necessary to add --specs=nosys.specs when the variant is set to gnuarmemb.

From: <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org> on behalf of Jon Pry <jon@stel.life>
Date: Thursday, 15 November 2018 at 5:54 PM
To: "devel@lists.zephyrproject.org" <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] NRF52 Scanning stops without indication

Hi,

We are running continuous active scan on NRF52 with duplicate filtering disabled. Under some circumstances all scan data stops being generated. This has been difficult to reproduce but is a serious bug for our application. It takes thousands of hours of
device run time for us to create and identify this issue. I was able to capture a memory dump of such a device and am trying to examine it for any indication of the problem. I'm looking primarily at _radio state, but if anyone has any pointers I would appreciate
it. The zephyr version that create this dump is master branch as of 10/26.

(gdb) p 'ctrl.c'::_radio
$20 = {
hf_clock = 0x20007668 <__device_clock_nrf5_m16src>,
entropy = 0x20007680 <__device_entropy_nrf5>,
ticks_anchor = 3215498,
remainder_anchor = 0,
is_k32src_stable = 1 '\001',
ticker_id_prepare = 5 '\005',
ticker_id_event = 0 '\000',
ticker_id_stop = 0 '\000',
role = ROLE_NONE,
state = STATE_NONE,
advertiser = {
hdr = {
ticks_xtal_to_start = 39,
ticks_active_to_start = 0,
ticks_preempt_to_start = 0,
ticks_slot = 150
},
chan_map_current = 0 '\000',
rfu = 0 '\000',
is_hdcd = 0 '\000',
is_enabled = 1 '\001',
phy_p = 1 '\001',
chan_map = 7 '\a',
filter_policy = 0 '\000',
rl_idx = 255 '\377',
adv_data = {
data = {"`\033\070\r\230X't\002\001\004\021\a\236\312\334$\016\345\251\340\223\363\243\265\001\000@n\000\000\000\000\000\000\000\000\000", "`\033\070\r\230X't\002\001\004\021\a\236\312\334$\016\345\251\340\223\363\243\265\001\000@n\000\000\000\000\000\000\000\000\000"},
first = 0 '\000',
last = 0 '\000'
},
scan_data = {
data = {"D\022\070\r\230X't\v\tStarGateΛ", '\000' <repeats 18 times>, "D\022\070\r\230X't\v\tStarGateΛ", '\000' <repeats 18 times>},
first = 0 '\000',
last = 0 '\000'
},
conn = 0x20002220 <_radio>
},
scanner = {
hdr = {
ticks_xtal_to_start = 39,
ticks_active_to_start = 0,
ticks_preempt_to_start = 10,
ticks_slot = 5948
},
is_enabled = 1 '\001',
state = 0 '\000',
chan = 0 '\000',
rfu = 0 '\000',
phy = 0 '\000',
type = 1 '\001',
filter_policy = 0 '\000',
adv_addr_type = 0 '\000',
init_addr_type = 1 '\001',
rpa_gen = 1 '\001',
rl_idx = 255 '\377',
init_addr = "8\r\230X't",
adv_addr = "\344\350\016\036\341", <incomplete sequence \364>,
ticks_window = 5939,
conn_interval = 40,
conn_latency = 0,
conn_timeout = 400,
ticks_conn_slot = 37,
conn = 0x0 <z_clock_driver_init>,
win_offset_us = 2
},
conn_pool = 0x20002220 <_radio>,
conn_free = 0x0 <z_clock_driver_init>,
connection_count = 1 '\001',
conn_curr = 0x0 <z_clock_driver_init>,
packet_counter = 1 '\001',
crc_expire = 0 '\000',
data_chan_map = "\377\377\377\377\037",
data_chan_count = 37 '%',
sca = 5 '\005',
default_tx_octets = 27,
default_tx_time = 328,
default_phy_tx = 3,
default_phy_rx = 3,
pkt_rx_data_pool = 0x200023d8 <_radio+440>,
pkt_rx_data_free = 0x0 <z_clock_driver_init>,
packet_data_octets_max = 27,
packet_rx_data_pool_size = 208,
packet_rx_data_size = 52,
packet_rx_data_count = 4 '\004',
packet_rx = 0x20002374 <_radio+340>,
packet_rx_count = 5 '\005',
packet_rx_last = 0 '\000',
packet_rx_acquire = 2 '\002',
link_rx_pool = 0x200024a8 <_radio+648>,
link_rx_free = 0x200024d0 <_radio+688>,
link_rx_head = 0x200024a8 <_radio+648>,
link_rx_tail = 0x200024a8 <_radio+648>,
link_rx_data_quota = 2 '\002',
pkt_tx_ctrl_pool = 0x200024d8 <_radio+696>,
pkt_tx_ctrl_free = 0x200024d8 <_radio+696>,
pkt_tx_data_pool = 0x20002520 <_radio+768>,
pkt_tx_data_free = 0x20002520 <_radio+768>,
packet_tx_data_size = 36,
pkt_tx = 0x20002388 <_radio+360>,
pkt_release = 0x200023b0 <_radio+400>,
packet_tx_count = 5 '\005',
packet_tx_first = 1 '\001',
packet_tx_last = 1 '\001',
packet_release_first = 1 '\001',
packet_release_last = 1 '\001',
fc_handle = {0, 0, 0},
fc_req = 2 '\002',
fc_ack = 2 '\002',
fc_ena = 1 '\001',
ticks_active_to_start = 0,
conn_upd = 0x0 <z_clock_driver_init>

Jon Pry

"
CMake Error at ../../cmake/extensions.cmake:1086 (message):
  Assertion failed: The toolchain is unable to build a dummy C file.  See
  CMakeError.log.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  ../../CMakeLists.txt:28 (assert)

See also "../zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "../zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
""

[...]

The Zephyr SDK is Linux-only.

[...]

Re: Proper way to handle GPIO IRQ enablement

Lincoln Simmons

Nice, thanks Tomasz!

It might be a few days before ill be able to test it, but I'll get back to you.

-Lincoln

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018, 6:11 AM Tomasz Bursztyka <tomasz.bursztyka@...> wrote:
Hi Lincoln,

Can you try https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/11396
(1st commit)

That should solve your issue.

Instead of returning -EALREADY if already installed, I just return 0.

Tomasz

2621 - 2640 of 8054