Date

Meetings today cancelled

Apologies for the late notice. Due to most TSC members being on vacation we are not going to have our regular API and Release Readiness meeting today.

compare mcumgr image hash with compiled/signed .bin/.hex hash

florian.gaertner@...

Hi there,

Is there an easy way to compare the mcumgr image hash response to the hash of the hex or binary file (signed or unsigned)?

# mcumgr --conntype ble --connstring ctlr_name=hci0,peer_name='Zephyr' image list

e.g. with
# sha256sum signed-image.hex

Best regards
Florian

How to integrated BLE central code with RPL Node example? #nrf52832 #zephyrbluetoothmesh

Akash Naidu <akashnaiduece@...>

Hi All,
I have been working on RPL node example(which is in zephyr/samples/net/rpl_node), to work it as both central and peripheral concurrently.
I have successfully integrated peripheral code with RPL node example, and device has been able to Advertise and able to establish the connection also.
To act as peripheral, i have edited "prj.conf" file and has been working as peripheral.
If i do same thing for central, device was not getting enter into scan mode.
my aim is, each device should act as peripheral and central and on top of BLE links will send IPV6 packets by using RPL protocol.

could you please help me to integrate Central(nrf52832 DK) with RPL_node?

Thanks in Adavnce.
BR
Akash.

Disabling Multithreading

Raj Gundi

Hi Carles,

I am trying to build Zephyr to fit in a memory constrained device of 64kB. My device doesn’t require multithreading and hence I disabled multithreading to save on the memory. However, this is throwing me exceptions since I have UART and SPI Flash drivers enabled. It appears the semaphore accesses in those drivers are not “single-thread” aware. Is there anything that can be done to work-around this? Does just “nop”ing it out suffice? Please let me know.

Regards,

Raj

problems linking custom board (terasic sockit) and soc for altera nios2

mazaun@...

Hi,
I'm working on creating a custom out-of-tree board with soc for the Terasic SocKit board. Though there are certainly many things not done correct yet, I'm currently stuck at linking the simple hello_world sample. I uploaded the code to https://github.com/mzau/altera-sockit-zephyr. Please see https://github.com/mzau/altera-sockit-zephyr/tree/master/hello_world/README.md  for details.

Any help or hints are very appreciated :)

Regards

Re: To current Zephyr HTTP API users

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Jukka,

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:01:42 +0200
"Jukka Rissanen" <jukka.rissanen@linux.intel.com> wrote:

Hello,

currently Zephyr has HTTP server & client APIs that are built on top
of net-app API. As we are currently trying to deprecate the net-app
API, the HTTP APIs would need to be rewritten to use the BSD socket
API instead of net-app API.

Would there be anyone interested in writing such HTTP server / client
APIs?
Well, I kinda was interested in this, given all my criticism of the
older API and implementation. But I'm in reservations after the TLS
zstream case, where a bunch of effort was spent to do it right, and all
that went to /dev/null.

If there are no users for existing HTTP APIs, we could also
optionally start to deprecate them.
IMHO before we provide a replacement, we should not deprecate
anything.

The new HTTP APIs could also be
based to some existing open source library if you know any.
I think that given that we have "in house" implementation of COAP,
LWM2M, MQTT, that it would be indeed a refreshing change to not try to
invent our own API, but try to port an existing. Well, at least to
survey the landscape trying to find one which would be suitable for our
code/RAM size requirements.

So please
raise your hand if you could help here.
So, I think we should decide if it would be OK to bet on 3rd-party
lib at all, then focus a call exactly like that: Are there suggestions
of existing lib to port, satisfying our requirements (which is, again,
being small)?

Myself, I think my plate is more than full for 1.14, and I already
subscribed to port another lib to Zephyr (OPC-UA). However, if we agree
on 3rd-party solution to be OK in principle, I start surveying too in
the background in the meantime.

Cheers,
Jukka
[]

To current Zephyr HTTP API users

Jukka Rissanen

Hello,

currently Zephyr has HTTP server & client APIs that are built on top of
net-app API. As we are currently trying to deprecate the net-app API,
the HTTP APIs would need to be rewritten to use the BSD socket API
instead of net-app API.

Would there be anyone interested in writing such HTTP server / client
APIs? If there are no users for existing HTTP APIs, we could also
optionally start to deprecate them. The new HTTP APIs could also be
based to some existing open source library if you know any. So please
raise your hand if you could help here.

Cheers,
Jukka

Re: Mesh: Limit of PDUs sent within a moving 10-second window

Johan Hedberg

Hi Martin,

On 12 Dec 2018, at 14.42, Martin <ma@jgs-wg.de> wrote:
the Bluetooth Mesh Profile specification says that "A node should
originate less than 100 Lower Transport PDUs in a moving 10-second
window." on p. 94.
Can anyone tell me if Zephyr OS is observing this limit and possibly
discarding packets that break this constraint or whether I have to
ensure that I do not break this limit on my own?
We’re not trying to enforce anything like that as receivers. As senders it’s also not really possible to exceed it currently. Even with the minimum advertising interval (20ms) and default Network Transmit State (with 2 retransmissions) the stack takes 120ms to send out any given PDU, so even if you had a continuous flow of outgoing packets you’ll still be below the recommended maximum (note that it’s a recommended, not required one since the spec uses “should” for this.

In the future, once we have Mesh vendor HCI extensions in place we might be able to do send out packets more efficiently, and then we can revisit this issue to see if some enforcement needs to be done in the stack or whether to leave this up to the application.

Johan

Mesh: Limit of PDUs sent within a moving 10-second window

Martin <ma@...>

Hi,
the Bluetooth Mesh Profile specification says that "A node should
originate less than 100 Lower Transport PDUs in a moving 10-second
window." on p. 94.
Can anyone tell me if Zephyr OS is observing this limit and possibly
discarding packets that break this constraint or whether I have to
ensure that I do not break this limit on my own?

Thanks,
Martin

Re: USB controller driver usb_dc_ep_write

Loic Poulain

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 at 12:28, Cufi, Carles <carles.cufi@...> wrote:

+ Johann, Andrei, Pawel