From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Tommy Lin (???)
Sent: 08 January 2019 13:25
To: zephyr-devel@...
Cc: Hanyu.Hsu@...; Isaac Chen (
陳尚航) <Isaac_Chen@...>; Rung-Sheng Lee (李榮盛) <Rung.Sheng.Lee@...>; Brent Tsai (蔡旻其) <Brent.Tsai@...>; Ryan Hsu (徐振鋒) <Ryan.Hsu@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Get RSSI in DTM

Hi ,

We have a product using nRF51824 with zephyr.

We use hci_uart sample code and follow below link , and we can get other BT device’s RSSI.

https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/b/blog/posts/nrf5x-support-within-the-zephyr-project-rtos

We have a question , If it is in DTM(Direct Test Mode) , how can we get RSSI?

Could you give us some suggestions.

Best regards,

Tommy

Get RSSI in DTM

Tommy Lin (林志聰) <Tommy.Lin@...>

Hi ,

We have a product using nRF51824 with zephyr.

We use hci_uart sample code and follow below link , and we can get other BT device’s RSSI.

https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/b/blog/posts/nrf5x-support-within-the-zephyr-project-rtos

We have a question , If it is in DTM(Direct Test Mode) , how can we get RSSI?

Could you give us some suggestions.

Best regards,

Tommy

Re: How does Zephyr brings dts, kernel, driver & user app together?

Stefan Jaritz

Hej ho

Thanks Erwan for the reply. I checked the "dts/bindings/sensor/" dir to get an idea.

If I get it right I need to create the files "xxx,codec1.yaml" and "xxx,codec2.yaml"?

I don't like to dirty the zephyr source tree because I think mixing own stuff and official stuff will create problems on the long run. So how I do create an own "dts/bindings" binding dir and include it into the zephyr build process?

I was checking for a zephyr related yaml doc. I put on the search of official documentation page, but got no description(https://docs.zephyrproject.org/1.13.0/search.html?q=yaml&check_keywords=yes&area=default). There is a YAML spec (https://yaml.org/spec/1.2/spec.html) but I misses the structure and keywords zephyr is using. Any idea were to search for it? - or maybe a simple explained example

Kind regards!

Stefan

On 07/01/2019 09:26, Erwan Gouriou wrote:
Hi Stefan,

To generate #define's from dt, you need to provide the matching yaml binding to indicate how fields should be decided, this should be done under dts/bindings/...
Generated #define's will be available in build directory, under zephyr/include/generated/generated_...

You should be able to use them as you wish.
To make your driver somewhat generic (ie not depending on the node address, you'll need to provide intermediate #define in dts_fixup.h file (under soc/ or board/).
For more information, you can check in various drivers how DT_xxxx constants are used

Cheers
Erwan

Le ven. 4 janv. 2019 à 17:30, Stefan Jaritz <stefan@...> a écrit :
Hej,

I like to create an user app that uses 2 IC connected via I2C with my
MCU.  Doing this is a bit tricky because I am missing some
documentation, that is describing how the whole process goes.

My setup is simple:

1.) custom board based on the stm32f412RG

1.1) the IC are connected via I2C

1.2) dts changes:

&i2c1 {
     status = "ok";
     clock-frequency = <I2C_BITRATE_FAST>;

     codec1@48 {
         compatible = "xxx,codec1";
         reg = <0x48>;
         label = "codec1";
     };

     codec2@46 {
         compatible = "xxx,codec2";
         reg = <0x46>;
         label = "codec2";
         readAddr = <0x8F>;
         writeAddr = <0x8E>;

2.) user app

2.1) custom driver (codec1.c and codec2.c)

How can I get the value of the I2C slave address from the dts inside of
my source code?

How can I find and access the c-files after the dts compilation?

How Zephyr connects the c code of the dts, kernel, drivers, user drivers
and app?

Any help is welcome!

Stefan

Re: How does Zephyr brings dts, kernel, driver & user app together?

Erwan Gouriou

[...]

Re: PCA10059 without additional debugger - non-volatile storage of settings

Martin <ma@...>

Hi,
in case anyone else is interested: lemrey has reworked the patch at
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/11210 today to
address some comments. With the update, non-volatile storage of
settings is also possible on the dongles. Note that flashing with nRF
connect does not work and nrfutil has to be used instead. Thanks to
everyone involved and I hope to see this in the official Zephyr master
soon :)

Martin

Am Do., 27. Dez. 2018 um 15:02 Uhr schrieb Martin Jürgens <ma@...>:

Hi,
I know it is a quite specific question, but I thought that maybe
someone has an idea into which direction to go..

I have some PCA10059 (nRF52-Dongles) lying around and would like to
make experiments with them running Zephyr OS. Unfortunately, I do not
have a an appropriate cable for connecting it to my nRF52 DK to flash
it and buying a cable would crash my budget.

Luckily, work has been ongoing to make flashing the PCA10059 possible
without an external debugger. The solution (how I understand it) is
that the stock Nordic bootloader remains on the PCA10059, loads
MCUboot, which in turn loads Zephyr OS. The merge request can be found
here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/11210

I have playing around with it (i.e. flash samples/bluetooth/mesh) and
can report that it is working. I had to make two modifications:
Comment storage_partition in
boards\arm\nrf52840_pca10059\nrf52840_pca10059.dts, such that there is
no duplicate collision with dts/common/nrf52840-nrf5-*.overlay and
strangely (I would interpret the documention differently) keep Kconfig
settings how they are (leave CONFIG_BOOTLOADER_MCUBOOT=n).

The "only" problem I have: Storage of settings does not work. The
symptoms are that I have to re-provision the PCA10059 every time it is
power-cycled.

I have been playing around with storage settings in the .dts-files
(changing the memory regions) with no success. Attached is the
_dts_compiled that is generated during the build phase and a
screenshot of nrf connect showing in which regions code resides.

Has anyone already gotten storage of settings with PCA10059 to work
(possibly even with the traditional debugger solution)? And does
anyone have a clue / an idea why it is not working and where I should
look into?

Thanks,
Martin

Re: Minimum required CMake version is now 3.13.1

Nashif, Anas

Yeah, forgot that the docs get updated only once a day L

Documentation is now being updated and will be available in the new version shortly.

Anas