Date

Triggering Z_SYSCALL_HANDLER calls

Ooi, Cinly

Dear All

I am trying to write some coverage test to cover  Z_SYSCALL_HANDLERs and I need some clue on how to start.  I know I have to set CONFIG_USERSPACE.

Normally for  Z_SYSCALL_HANDLER(funcA), gcov reports that  z_impl_funcA() were called, but the line Z_SYSCALL_HANDLER() might not be called. This is despite other Z_SYSCALL_HANDLER() are called. I see this in kernel/timer.c where
(1) Z_SYSCALL_HANDLER(k_timer_status_get) and z_impl_k_timer_status_get() were both being called, but
(2) Z_SYSCALL_HANDLER(k_timer_stop) not called but z_impl_k_timer_stop() was called

Many thanks in advance
Cinly

Building multiple images

Sebastian Boe

Hi all,

due to how advanced security features (TEE) and device firmware
upgrade (MCUBoot) is organized we are seeing the need to boot
Zephyr applications in multiple stages. A real-world use-case of
even a 3-stage boot process has been identified and tested at
Nordic.

Each bootloader needs to be individually upgrade-able and have
it's own configurations of Zephyr libraries. To achieve this each
bootloader must be organized as it's own executable.

To make matters worse, in a multi-core AMP system each core would
also require at least one executable.

The problem is that the build system can only build one
executable. This creates a usability issue as the user must
invoke a large set of arcane commands to build, sign, and flash
each executable.

After considering many options we have finally ended up with a
solution proposal that is merge-ready. See the PR for details

Please add your feedback in the PR and let us know what you think
of the proposed change.

SEBASTIAN BØE | Software Developer
Trondheim, Norway
nordicsemi.com | devzone.nordicsemi.com

[...]

Re: [Bluetooth mesh]How can I change device name at runtime in ./sample/bluetooth/mesh/?

Kai Ren

Thanks Johan, it's handy to use.

Best Regards,
Kai