From: Marti Bolivar
Sent: Friday, 29 March, 12:43 pm
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] [Zephyr Main] WEST File Initialization Problem
To: M Rizwan Ghori
Cc: Brett Preston, devel@...

What version of Ubuntu are you using?

If you ran "pip3 install --user west" and west cannot be run afterwards, it sounds like the directory that the west binary was installed into is not on your $PATH. Older versions of Ubuntu sometimes have this issue; I forget which ones.

Usually this directory is ~/.local/bin. Please ensure this directory is on your PATH environment variable and try again.

If that doesn't work, you can confirm where west was installed by running "pip3 show -f west"; check both the Location: value and the [...]/bin/west relative path in the Files: list that follows.

Marti

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019, 10:22 PM M Rizwan Ghori <rizwanghori@...> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your kind response. I am using Ubuntu OS for the project. I have followed all the installation steps given on webpage (Linux)

Moreover, after following all the steps of aforementioned link, i started the next step given on the following link.

Commands Tried on Ubuntu:
west init zephyrproject Error Received on Execution of the aforementioned commands:
Best Regards
Muhammad Rizwan Ghori
USM Fellow,
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM),