From: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org> on behalf of via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org <Jamie.Mccrae=lairdconnect.com@lists.zephyrproject.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 2:14 PM
To: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org
Cc: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Removing padding from generated hex files

Hi,
Is it possible when building projects to have the flash sections that are defined in the dts but unused (in this instance, the Nordic MBR) and not have them filled but instead left blank/empty? I have created a simple project and enabled mcuboot support in the build options, it uses the flash partition table correctly and places the code at 0x1000 instead of 0x0, but it has filled 0x0 – 0x1000 with 0x00 bytes, which if flashed will overwrite the Nordic MBR and leave a dead module. Instead, I would like to have code start at 0x1000, nothing at all placed between 0x0 – 0x1000, and the same in another section which is defined later, this is so that there can be external data present which isn’t overwritten when the application hex file is flashed to the module.
Thanks,
Jamie

Removing padding from generated hex files

Jamie Mccrae <Jamie.Mccrae@...>

[...]

Re: BT Mesh Health Server Fault Register #bluetoothmesh #zephyrbluetoothmesh

Johan Hedberg

Hi Billy,

On 3 Apr 2019, at 19.44, William Fish <William.fish@manulytica.com> wrote:
Thanks, I've had a look but I still need to understand how to register the faults, via application. Any hint would be appreciated.
That depends on your application and the source of the faults. All the stack requires is for you to keep track of the fault history. You could do that e.g. with a simple u8_t array like the mesh shell does.

In the case of the mesh shell it has arrays for current and registered faults, with the assumption that there can be up to CUR_FAULTS_MAX different faults. There are also fault-add and fault-del commands to artificially introduce faults (the shell is a testing program - for a real device you’d have the faults coming from some real source). Take a look at how the command handlers for add-fault and del-fault behave, i.e. the cmd_add_fault() and cmd_del_fault() functions. Any time a fault appears or goes away you’re expected to call the bt_mesh_fault_update() API so that the right message gets sent out to the network (if the node is configured to do publication through its health server).

The difference between the two types fault arrays (if it’s unclear from the mesh spec): registered faults is the history of faults that your device has experienced at some point in its history, whereas current faults is the set of faults that is currently experiencing. That’s why the add-fault shell command adds to both arrays but the del-fault only removes from the current faults array.

Johan

Re: BT Mesh Health Server Fault Register #bluetoothmesh #zephyrbluetoothmesh

On 3 Apr 2019, at 19.13, William Fish <William.fish@manulytica.com> wrote:
I am looking at the BT Mesh Health Server, and Client, so that i can report faults between nodes and ultimately to the central control application.

Unfortunately, i have run into a problem; How do I register a fault? Now the nice people over at Nordic have a few handy functions that allow me to add/set/clear faults but I'm at a loss with the Zephyr implementation.

Nordic SDK Functions
void health_server_fault_register(health_server_t * p_server, uint8_t fault_code);
void health_server_fault_clear(health_server_t * p_server, uint8_t fault_code);
bool health_server_fault_is_set(health_server_t * p_server, uint8_t fault_code);
The Zephyr mesh health server leaves fault registration up to the application, however you do need to register a bt_mesh_health_srv_cb struct which includes callbacks for retrieving the faults, clearing them, etc (these are called whenever the stack needs them). Take a look at e.g. how this is done in the mesh shell in subsys/bluetooth/host/mesh/shell.c.

Johan

BT Mesh Health Server Fault Register #bluetoothmesh #zephyrbluetoothmesh

William Fish

Hi All,
I am looking at the BT Mesh Health Server, and Client, so that i can report faults between nodes and ultimately to the central control application.

Unfortunately, i have run into a problem; How do I register a fault? Now the nice people over at Nordic have a few handy functions that allow me to add/set/clear faults but I'm at a loss with the Zephyr implementation.

Nordic SDK Functions
void health_server_fault_register(health_server_t * p_server, uint8_t fault_code);
void health_server_fault_clear(health_server_t * p_server, uint8_t fault_code);
bool health_server_fault_is_set(health_server_t * p_server, uint8_t fault_code);

Re: #ble #nrf52840 #nrf52840 #ble

Carles Cufi

Hi Henry,

This is news to me and, although it might be expected, I would like to check with a couple of people. So I think this deserves being tracked. Would you mind opening a “Question” issue on GitHub so I can copy the relevant people and we can investigate a bit further? If you have any code snippets that you can attach to the issue that would be most helpful as well.

Author: Zephyr Project

Author-email: devel@...

License: UNKNOWN

Location: /home/mrg/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages

Requires: configobj, PyYAML, colorama, pykwalify

Files:

  ../../../bin/west

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/DESCRIPTION.rst

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/INSTALLER

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/METADATA

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/RECORD

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/WHEEL

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/entry_points.txt

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/metadata.json

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/top_level.txt

  west/_bootstrap/__init__.py

  west/_bootstrap/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-36.pyc

  west/_bootstrap/__pycache__/main.cpython-36.pyc

  west/_bootstrap/__pycache__/version.cpython-36.pyc

  west/_bootstrap/main.py

  west/_bootstrap/version.py

  west/_bootstrap/west-schema.yml

--

Brett Preston

Sr. Program Manager

The Linux Foundation

+1 (971) 303-9030

Re: [Zephyr Main] WEST File Initialization Problem

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Did you set up a toolchain as per https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/index.html#set-up-a-toolchain?

If so, make sure you source zephyr-env.sh before attempting to build any sample code.

Note: you can also use west directly to build the sample code (since you invested some time to set it up correctly) – short version:

$ source ./zephyr-env.sh

$ west build –b qemu_x86 samples/hello_world

And that’s it.

Geoffroy