Date

#bluetoothmesh Help for sending and receiving messages through mesh #bluetoothmesh

paul.leguennec@...

Hello,

I am working on a project using Mesh with nrf52 boards. I have 3 boards for now, two of them are in a mesh network (boards A and B) (I will have more later to hava a real mesh network), and the last one is a beacon (board C).
I want to collect C's data on board A, and then sending those data by sending a message to B. It must be done periodically.
I have a few questions.

1. Do I need to use a mesh model to send a message through the mesh ? If yes, how can I use it ? I'm asking this because I felt like I could do otherwise.

2. It looks like I could use hearbeat message to send this message, but I'm not sure if I to use it. Could I have some explanation on how the heartbeat works, and on where it publish ?

3. Is it possible for the beacon to be in BLE and not a part of the mesh network ? I mean that I don't know if I can use BLE and Mesh in one node (for A and B) in order to scan for beacons to collect data and then send a message with the data collected.

Thanks for your response.
Regards
Paul.

Re: Nordic nRF52832 - UART redefining the pins?

frv

Hi Carles,

Finally I got it up and running :).

So indeed changing the pinning in the overlay file did the trick, although I also had to redefine the cts/rts despite not using them as one of the values was used by my new RX pin value.

Also I had to downgrade speed to 115200 instead of default 1000000.
I was a little bit surprised when baudrate/speed is set in the configuration it can no longer be adjusted in the btattach command.
E.g. If 1000000 is set in the overlay file it can not be set as btattach -B /dev/ttyUSB0 -S 115200 or at least it will not work.

Also I had to set explicit the -N to disable "flow control" when using the btattach command despite it was set in the nrf52.conf file.

So after a little bit of puzzling with parameters I got the result I wanted to have.

In our final design we will use the "hardware flow control" of course and use as baudrate 1M but in my setup the RS232/USB converter was limited to 115200.

Best regards,
Frank

Re: rtc api in zephyr

Chruściński, Krzysztof

Hi,

Yes, it is recommended to use counter API instead.

Regards,

Krzysztof

I just heard rtc api is deprecated, but I can not find any clue in the documentation or in this mail list. What's that mean?
Should we avoid to use rtc api in the future and change to counter api?

Thanks. Regards

rtc api in zephyr

Aaron Xu

Hi,

I just heard rtc api is deprecated, but I can not find any clue in the documentation or in this mail list. What's that mean?
Should we avoid to use rtc api in the future and change to counter api?

Thanks. Regards

Re: Nordic nRF52832 - UART redefining the pins?

The default PINs are configured in the board .dts file:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/boards/arm/nrf52_pca10040/nrf52_pca10040.dts#L95

You can indeed change them in you .overlay file.

Hardware flow-control is not required but highly recommended.