Date

Re: [Zephyr-announce] Zephyr SDK 0.10.1-rc1 available

Kumar Gala

On Jun 6, 2019, at 6:26 AM, Paul Sokolovsky <paul.sokolovsky@...> wrote:

Hello Kumar,

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 06:01:27 -0500
"Kumar Gala" <kumar.gala@...> wrote:

Hi,
Latest version of the SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.10.1-rc1

Please download and try things out and report any issues.

Changes since the last release:

• --enable-initfini-array to gcc configure
• Fix bossa (revert back to 1.9.1)
• Enable multilibs on RISC-V
• Fix inclusion of MIPS toolchain
• Add x86_64 toolchain
• Fix assembler issue for Cortex M-23
• Fixes for openocd on ARC
• Updated TI CC32xx openocd scripts

Can we please before the release do something about very outdated Newlib
in Xtensa SDK toolchain:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/issues/64 ? That
complicates most of POSIX subsys work, and requires landing ugly
workarounds in the main codebase.
Is there a newer Newlib for Xtensa available?

- k

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 06/06/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 6 June 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203

Re: [Zephyr-announce] Zephyr SDK 0.10.1-rc1 available

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Kumar,

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 06:01:27 -0500
"Kumar Gala" <kumar.gala@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks to all that contributed fixes and enhancements to this version of the SDK.

- k

DEV meeting topic

Puzdrowski, Andrzej

HI all,

As you know, the Zephyr Dev-review meeting takes place on Thursday 9AM-10AM (PDT) (18h-19h (CEST)).

We want to cover topics related to the settings pattern load PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/16609/

  • change way how the setting keys are processed
  • on demand key loading

We want to be sure that direction in which we want enhance settings will fit for the needs and can be accepted by the majority.

  • Online conference link: https://zoom.us/j/993312203
  • Online conference phone (Meeting ID: 931 469 725):
    • US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or
    • +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)

Thanks,

Andrzej

Re: Soft serial 9k6 for debugging on free GPIO?

Piotr Mienkowski

Hi Martijn,

On 31.05.19 15:53, martijn@... wrote:
We have a prototype utilising the nRF52840 BME340 SoC module. Since we
use a LoRaWAN module and a MAX3485 we used the two 840 uarts for
connecting to these subsystems. But I do have some free GPIOs on the
prototype PCB which I'd like to use as a console when running the
project in debug mode. So I'm looking for a way to have a low-speed
soft-serial taking care of logging. Any pointers, or perhaps other
ways to get logging output (we are using BLE)?
Since nRF52840 is a Cortex-M4 device yet another option that you have is
to use Serial Wire Output (SWO). ARM added it specifically to support
trace/logging. It is a high speed interface with low code footprint /
resource usage. Zephyr logger has SWO backend but you would need to
prepare a PR to add support for Nordic device(s). It shouldn't be too
difficult. At minimum you would need to select 'HAS_SWO' Kconfig option
and - looking quickly at the documentation, there may be things I missed
- set TRACECONFIG.TRACEMUX = 1.

Regards,
Piotr

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 06/04/2019 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 4 June 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878#
Or Telephone:
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878

Re: Soft serial 9k6 for debugging on free GPIO?

Martijn Smit

Hi Henrik,

RTT is the way to move forward as it seems, since it will provide a clean interface both on hardware and config. Thanks for pointing me there, and thanks for the soft-serial pointers from others in this thread as it might come in handy.

So, I've tried for the last two days to set RTT up, using the blinky or logging examples using a PCA10059 nRF52840 dongle just to experiment. I'm not connecting the dongle using USB but with a tag-connect TC2050-IDC-NL on the Segger J-Link with the pogo-pins directly on the board.

If I only use the CONFIG_RTT_CONSOLE=y nothing happens and the JLinkRTTLogger keeps searching for the RTT Control Block. Nothing happens.

If I take the log sample from the Zephyr project and use the prj_rtt.conf setting provided I run into different issues:

CONFIG_LOG=y
CONFIG_LOG_RUNTIME_FILTERING=y
CONFIG_LOG_BUFFER_SIZE=2048
CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK=y
CONFIG_LOG_PROCESS_TRIGGER_THRESHOLD=0
CONFIG_LOG_BACKEND_RTT=y
CONFIG_USE_SEGGER_RTT=y
CONFIG_COVERAGE=n

When using the Nordic SDK I'm getting into a world of hurt getting the Segger to compile in as this is triggered by the CONFIG_USE_SEGGER_RTT directive which can be fixed adding more include directories. The RTT tarball from Segger J-Link install is more forgiven, but I cannot get my project to compile since it eventually boils down to a missing include file on the ninja ccache step

[109/116] Building C object zephyr/CMakeFiles/zephyr.dir/drivers/console/rtt_console.c.obj
FAILED: zephyr/CMakeFiles/zephyr.dir/drivers/console/rtt_console.c.obj
ccache /usr/local/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -DBUILD_VERSION=zephyr-v1.14.0-1238-gbd001081fce1 -DKERNEL -DNRF52840_XXAA -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -D__ZEPHYR__=1 -I../../../../../kernel/include -I../../../../../arch/arm/include -I../../../../../include -I../../../../../include/drivers -Izephyr/include/generated -I../../../../../soc/arm/nordic_nrf/nrf52 -I../../../../../soc/arm/nordic_nrf/include -I../../../../../lib/libc/minimal/include -I../../../../../ext/hal/cmsis/Include -I../../../../../ext/hal/nordic/nrfx -I../../../../../ext/hal/nordic/nrfx/drivers/include -I../../../../../ext/hal/nordic/nrfx/hal -I../../../../../ext/hal/nordic/nrfx/mdk -I../../../../../ext/hal/nordic/. -isystem /usr/local/Cellar/arm-none-eabi-gcc/8-2018-q4-major/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.2.1/include -isystem /usr/local/Cellar/arm-none-eabi-gcc/8-2018-q4-major/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.2.1/include-fixed -Os -nostdinc -g -imacros /Users/smeedy/code/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/subsys/logging/logger/build/zephyr/include/generated/autoconf.h -ffreestanding -fno-common -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -Wall -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-format-zero-length -Wno-main -Wno-pointer-sign -Wpointer-arith -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Werror=implicit-int -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -fno-pie -fno-pic -fno-strict-overflow -fno-reorder-functions -fno-defer-pop -fmacro-prefix-map=/Users/smeedy/code/zephyrproject/zephyr=. -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mabi=aapcs -march=armv7e-m -std=c99 -MD -MT zephyr/CMakeFiles/zephyr.dir/drivers/console/rtt_console.c.obj -MF zephyr/CMakeFiles/zephyr.dir/drivers/console/rtt_console.c.obj.d -o zephyr/CMakeFiles/zephyr.dir/drivers/console/rtt_console.c.obj -c /Users/smeedy/code/zephyrproject/zephyr/drivers/console/rtt_console.c
/Users/smeedy/code/zephyrproject/zephyr/drivers/console/rtt_console.c:16:10: fatal error: SEGGER_RTT.h: No such file or directory

Could be this is going to be a cmake question (sorry for that). I added stuff like include_directories(...) and others into the CMakeLists.txt file, but I cannot seem to get this going since the extra include dirs keep on missing.

Any pointers are welcome,
Thanks again for your time,
Martijn

On 01/06/2019, 14:11, "devel@... on behalf of Henrik Brix Andersen" <devel@... on behalf of henrik@...> wrote:

Hi Martijn,

If you are using a Segger J-Link probe you can use the RAM-based RTT console by setting CONFIG_RTT_CONSOLE=y
See https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/debugging/host-tools.html#jlink-debug-host-tools for more information.

./Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 31 May 2019, at 15.53, martijn@... wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We have a prototype utilising the nRF52840 BME340 SoC module. Since we use a LoRaWAN module and a MAX3485 we used the two 840 uarts for connecting to these subsystems. But I do have some free GPIOs on the prototype PCB which I'd like to use as a console when running the project in debug mode. So I'm looking for a way to have a low-speed soft-serial taking care of logging. Any pointers, or perhaps other ways to get logging output (we are using BLE)?
>
> Looked at some discussions on the Nordic devzone, but not a lot going for it.
>
> Thanks,
> Martijn

IBM Watson IoT Platform ( Bluemix)

William Fish

Hi All,
I thought I would have a look at the IBM Watson IoT Platform (Bluemix) but I can't seem to connect. I followed the guides but I must be missing something.

I have connected to the Quick start test systems yet haven't been able to make any headway with the real version.

Any help would be greatly appropriated.

Billy..

Re: API meeting: agenda

alpi@...

Thank you very much for the agenda Carles.

With it, it should be much clearer to all what to expect from the meeting,
and can easily decide about joining or not

BR
Alberto