Date

Re: "net arp" command displays "ARP cache is empty" even after a series of arpings from peer devices #nrf52840

giriprasad@...

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am sure that, I am getting ICMP reply correctly and there is no entry in the ARP cache. But, I need to tell you about a code change that I have made in the Zephyr drivers, in the process of my application development. I have disabled a piece of code in the file "zephyr/subsys/net/l2/ethernet/ethernet.c". Attached this file to the mail. The code under "#if DISABLED"  is the code that was disabled. Please let me know whether this change is responsible for the behavior I have stated in my previous mail. Below is the reason for the code-change. Please go through.

Reason for the code change:
I was trying to interface ENC28J60 to PCA10056. I have flashed dumb_http_server example. But I was unable to see the web page in the browser. I have verified the ethernet packet transactions in wireshark application. I saw a series of ARP requests and replies between server and client. (Please verify the screenshot of wireshark application attached to the mail. In the attached screenshot "10.128.8.103" is the IP of the system where I am loading the web page and "Microchi_23:3d:65"  is the ip of my device.) So, for a trial I have disabled the ARP related code in the function "ethernet_ll_prepare_on_ipv4". From then, I was able to see the web page on the browser. Also, I am able to ping the device. But ARP cache always shows as empty.

Please help me to understand, why I was unable to see web page until I disabled ARP related code. Also let me know whether my code change is responsible for ARP cache being empty. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance,
Giri Prasad N.

Re: ninja guiconfig fail #gettingstartedguide

Can you please let us know what error you get?

Also, can you give us more details including which Zephyr version (master, 1.14, etc), what Host OS (Linux, Windows, macOS) and which toolchain configuration? (ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT)

Carles

Hi, after I building the example: samples/bluetooth/hci_uart, under the directory "build",
I can run "ninja menuconfig" command successfully, but run "ninja guiconfig" failed.
I have searched the zephyr online document for help, but did not find the answer.
Can some one tell me how to launch the command "ninja guiconfig". Thanks in advance.

ninja guiconfig fail #gettingstartedguide

hotkernel@...

Hi, after I building the example: samples/bluetooth/hci_uart, under the directory "build",
I can run "ninja menuconfig" command successfully, but run "ninja guiconfig" failed.
I have searched the zephyr online document for help, but did not find the answer.
Can some one tell me how to launch the command "ninja guiconfig". Thanks in advance.

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 06/11/2019 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 11 June 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878#
Or Telephone:
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878

API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi

Agenda:

- New proposal: Video for Zephyr API
- New proposal: clock_control extension
- Counter extensions: Update on progress
- Sensor API: Update on progress
- GPIO: Update on progress

Quark_D lightweight crypto

jacob morales

Hi, i am currently i am working developing a lightweight crypto primitive (https://131002.net/quark/quark_full.pdf), in brief, it is a module that returns fix size hash/digest of an arbitrary stream of information. I have "figured out" most of the implementation of the module, but the problem that is that of how to process the incoming stream of information, all the prove of concepts on the web use a pointer to an area of memory and they indicate the number of chuncks of information to be hashed. I don't think that this is feasible because i will execute the code in an arduino 101 or a quark d-2000 which don't have the memory to do that. So the partial solution that i have now is to implement an asynchronous protocol, something like this:

void quark_u()
{
     unsigned char flag=1;
     unsigned char chunk=0x00;
     while(flag)
     {
           m=/*read */;
           flag=/*read*/;

My intention is to be platform independent, is this possible? or should it be different versions of this function that read specific I/O ports of specific platforms?, any insight, observation or pointer will be greatly appreciated.

--
Kind Regards

is it possible to implement concurrent link with mutiple roles on nrf52832 with zephyr os ? #nrf52832 #ble

hotkernel@...

Edited

Hi,
I want to implement a such system that there are about 10 BLE devices running with zephyr os on nrf52832,
and some of them act as Central role, and some of them act as Peripheral role, and some provide
both Central and Peripheral roles simultaneously. By this I can build a network to transfer data with
BLE connection and low latency than BLE mesh network.

I have found that the Nordic softdevice support concurrent link with multiple roles at the same time.
and I'm a new user of zephyr and not sure that the zephyr os support such multiple roles, is there any
example code for this application for nrf52 ?
Thanks in advance!

Re: [Zephyr-announce] Zephyr SDK 0.10.1-rc1 available

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Kumar,

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 17:01:06 -0500
Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...> wrote:

[]

Can we please before the release do something about very outdated
Newlib in Xtensa SDK toolchain:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/issues/64 ? That
complicates most of POSIX subsys work, and requires landing ugly
workarounds in the main codebase.
Is there a newer Newlib for Xtensa available?
To the best of my knowledge, there's a single Newlib project, hosted at
https://sourceware.org/newlib/ , which is mostly
architecture-independent, though definitely may need some arch-specific
code (setjmp/longjmp are usual suspects). If there's a fork of Newlib
with Xtensa-specific changes, made in 2015, and not merged upstream
since then, and we chose to use it in Zephyr SDK, then ... we have a
typical downstream maintenance problem.

I definitely can look in Zephyr SDK project to see if that's true, but
I'm not sure if that would help much. The above situation doesn't
scale, and if we're blocked on outdated Newlib for one of
architectures, another approach would be to state that POSIX subsystem
requires up-to-date Newlib (on par with the rest of the archs), and
then exclude non-compliant archs from CI for POSIX subsys.

Let me know if you agree and I should prepare such a patch on next
occasion where Xtensa fails where other platforms works ok.

Re: "net arp" command displays "ARP cache is empty" even after a series of arpings from peer devices #nrf52840

Jukka Rissanen

Hi,

from the attached .config file, the zephyr IP address is 10.128.8.81, and if you ping it from your network, you get a ICMP reply correctly but still no entry in arp cache in zephyr, is this correct? There definitely should be entry in arp cache as otherwise zephyr would not be able to send the reply back. Are you sure that you are pinging the correct device in this case?

Cheers,
Jukka

On Fri, 2019-05-31 at 04:00 -0700, giriprasad@... wrote:
Hi,

I have interfaced "ENC28J60" to "PCA10056"(NRF52840) through SPI. Made necessary configurations in order to reflect hardware changes in software. Flashed sample application, "dumb_http_server" to the board. Enabled "ARP" and "ICMP". I am able to ping the board from peer devices in network and vice versa. Also, I am able to "arping" the board from peer devices in network. After this, I have issued "net arp" command in the serial console of the board. By this, I am expecting a list of peer devices to be displayed on the console. But console throws a message saying "ARP cache is empty". Can I know the reason for this behavior? Please let me know, if I was wrong in the process. Also, let me know if more information is needed. Attached configuration file for reference.

Thanks & Regards,
Giri Prasad N.

Re: [Zephyr-announce] Zephyr SDK 0.10.1-rc1 available

Kumar Gala

On Jun 6, 2019, at 6:26 AM, Paul Sokolovsky <paul.sokolovsky@...> wrote:

Hello Kumar,

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 06:01:27 -0500
"Kumar Gala" <kumar.gala@...> wrote:

Hi,
Latest version of the SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.10.1-rc1

Please download and try things out and report any issues.

Changes since the last release:

• --enable-initfini-array to gcc configure
• Fix bossa (revert back to 1.9.1)
• Enable multilibs on RISC-V
• Fix inclusion of MIPS toolchain
• Add x86_64 toolchain
• Fix assembler issue for Cortex M-23
• Fixes for openocd on ARC
• Updated TI CC32xx openocd scripts

Can we please before the release do something about very outdated Newlib
in Xtensa SDK toolchain:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/issues/64 ? That
complicates most of POSIX subsys work, and requires landing ugly
workarounds in the main codebase.
Is there a newer Newlib for Xtensa available?

- k

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 06/06/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 6 June 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203

"Kumar Gala" <kumar.gala@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks to all that contributed fixes and enhancements to this version of the SDK.

- k

DEV meeting topic

Puzdrowski, Andrzej

HI all,

As you know, the Zephyr Dev-review meeting takes place on Thursday 9AM-10AM (PDT) (18h-19h (CEST)).

We want to cover topics related to the settings pattern load PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/16609/

  • change way how the setting keys are processed
  • on demand key loading

We want to be sure that direction in which we want enhance settings will fit for the needs and can be accepted by the majority.

  • Online conference link: https://zoom.us/j/993312203
  • Online conference phone (Meeting ID: 931 469 725):
    • US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or
    • +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)

Thanks,

Andrzej

Re: Soft serial 9k6 for debugging on free GPIO?

Piotr Mienkowski

Hi Martijn,

On 31.05.19 15:53, martijn@... wrote:
We have a prototype utilising the nRF52840 BME340 SoC module. Since we
use a LoRaWAN module and a MAX3485 we used the two 840 uarts for
connecting to these subsystems. But I do have some free GPIOs on the
prototype PCB which I'd like to use as a console when running the
project in debug mode. So I'm looking for a way to have a low-speed
soft-serial taking care of logging. Any pointers, or perhaps other
ways to get logging output (we are using BLE)?
Since nRF52840 is a Cortex-M4 device yet another option that you have is
to use Serial Wire Output (SWO). ARM added it specifically to support
trace/logging. It is a high speed interface with low code footprint /
resource usage. Zephyr logger has SWO backend but you would need to
prepare a PR to add support for Nordic device(s). It shouldn't be too
difficult. At minimum you would need to select 'HAS_SWO' Kconfig option
and - looking quickly at the documentation, there may be things I missed
- set TRACECONFIG.TRACEMUX = 1.

Regards,
Piotr

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 06/04/2019 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 4 June 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878#
Or Telephone:
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878

Re: Soft serial 9k6 for debugging on free GPIO?

Martijn Smit

Hi Henrik,

RTT is the way to move forward as it seems, since it will provide a clean interface both on hardware and config. Thanks for pointing me there, and thanks for the soft-serial pointers from others in this thread as it might come in handy.

So, I've tried for the last two days to set RTT up, using the blinky or logging examples using a PCA10059 nRF52840 dongle just to experiment. I'm not connecting the dongle using USB but with a tag-connect TC2050-IDC-NL on the Segger J-Link with the pogo-pins directly on the board.

If I only use the CONFIG_RTT_CONSOLE=y nothing happens and the JLinkRTTLogger keeps searching for the RTT Control Block. Nothing happens.

If I take the log sample from the Zephyr project and use the prj_rtt.conf setting provided I run into different issues:

CONFIG_LOG=y
CONFIG_LOG_RUNTIME_FILTERING=y
CONFIG_LOG_BUFFER_SIZE=2048
CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK=y
CONFIG_LOG_PROCESS_TRIGGER_THRESHOLD=0
CONFIG_LOG_BACKEND_RTT=y
CONFIG_USE_SEGGER_RTT=y
CONFIG_COVERAGE=n

When using the Nordic SDK I'm getting into a world of hurt getting the Segger to compile in as this is triggered by the CONFIG_USE_SEGGER_RTT directive which can be fixed adding more include directories. The RTT tarball from Segger J-Link install is more forgiven, but I cannot get my project to compile since it eventually boils down to a missing include file on the ninja ccache step

[109/116] Building C object zephyr/CMakeFiles/zephyr.dir/drivers/console/rtt_console.c.obj
FAILED: zephyr/CMakeFiles/zephyr.dir/drivers/console/rtt_console.c.obj
ccache /usr/local/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -DBUILD_VERSION=zephyr-v1.14.0-1238-gbd001081fce1 -DKERNEL -DNRF52840_XXAA -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -D__ZEPHYR__=1 -I../../../../../kernel/include -I../../../../../arch/arm/include -I../../../../../include -I../../../../../include/drivers -Izephyr/include/generated -I../../../../../soc/arm/nordic_nrf/nrf52 -I../../../../../soc/arm/nordic_nrf/include -I../../../../../lib/libc/minimal/include -I../../../../../ext/hal/cmsis/Include -I../../../../../ext/hal/nordic/nrfx -I../../../../../ext/hal/nordic/nrfx/drivers/include -I../../../../../ext/hal/nordic/nrfx/hal -I../../../../../ext/hal/nordic/nrfx/mdk -I../../../../../ext/hal/nordic/. -isystem /usr/local/Cellar/arm-none-eabi-gcc/8-2018-q4-major/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.2.1/include -isystem /usr/local/Cellar/arm-none-eabi-gcc/8-2018-q4-major/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.2.1/include-fixed -Os -nostdinc -g -imacros /Users/smeedy/code/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/subsys/logging/logger/build/zephyr/include/generated/autoconf.h -ffreestanding -fno-common -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -Wall -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-format-zero-length -Wno-main -Wno-pointer-sign -Wpointer-arith -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Werror=implicit-int -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -fno-pie -fno-pic -fno-strict-overflow -fno-reorder-functions -fno-defer-pop -fmacro-prefix-map=/Users/smeedy/code/zephyrproject/zephyr=. -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mabi=aapcs -march=armv7e-m -std=c99 -MD -MT zephyr/CMakeFiles/zephyr.dir/drivers/console/rtt_console.c.obj -MF zephyr/CMakeFiles/zephyr.dir/drivers/console/rtt_console.c.obj.d -o zephyr/CMakeFiles/zephyr.dir/drivers/console/rtt_console.c.obj -c /Users/smeedy/code/zephyrproject/zephyr/drivers/console/rtt_console.c
/Users/smeedy/code/zephyrproject/zephyr/drivers/console/rtt_console.c:16:10: fatal error: SEGGER_RTT.h: No such file or directory

Could be this is going to be a cmake question (sorry for that). I added stuff like include_directories(...) and others into the CMakeLists.txt file, but I cannot seem to get this going since the extra include dirs keep on missing.

Any pointers are welcome,
Thanks again for your time,
Martijn

On 01/06/2019, 14:11, "devel@... on behalf of Henrik Brix Andersen" <devel@... on behalf of henrik@...> wrote:

Hi Martijn,

If you are using a Segger J-Link probe you can use the RAM-based RTT console by setting CONFIG_RTT_CONSOLE=y
See https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/debugging/host-tools.html#jlink-debug-host-tools for more information.

./Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 31 May 2019, at 15.53, martijn@... wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We have a prototype utilising the nRF52840 BME340 SoC module. Since we use a LoRaWAN module and a MAX3485 we used the two 840 uarts for connecting to these subsystems. But I do have some free GPIOs on the prototype PCB which I'd like to use as a console when running the project in debug mode. So I'm looking for a way to have a low-speed soft-serial taking care of logging. Any pointers, or perhaps other ways to get logging output (we are using BLE)?
>
> Looked at some discussions on the Nordic devzone, but not a lot going for it.
>
> Thanks,
> Martijn

IBM Watson IoT Platform ( Bluemix)

William Fish

Hi All,
I thought I would have a look at the IBM Watson IoT Platform (Bluemix) but I can't seem to connect. I followed the guides but I must be missing something.

I have connected to the Quick start test systems yet haven't been able to make any headway with the real version.

Any help would be greatly appropriated.

Billy..

Re: API meeting: agenda

alpi@...

Thank you very much for the agenda Carles.

With it, it should be much clearer to all what to expect from the meeting,
and can easily decide about joining or not

BR
Alberto