Date

Re: Zephyr Sample Demo with nrf52840 Dongle

Lars Knudsen

Hi Muhammad,

I have an example project that needs a few changes to be compatible with the latest master (was using 1.14-rc) - but maybe it can be used for inspiration:

br
Lars

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 9:17 AM Serafin <serafin@...> wrote:

Hi Muhammad

I doubt anyone here can give you a better general write up then the documentation. So you need to provide information about the specific problem.

  • Which exact instructions are you following
  • What is your operating System and Toolchain
  • Which version of Zephyr are you running
  • Which steps are unclear / make you problems
  • Where does it fail? What is the error output.
  • Additional information

Best regards

Serafin

On 24/07/2019 03:52, Muhammad Muh wrote:

Dear,

I am totally new in Zephyr. I am new in the field of IoT programming. I have gone through the tutorial of zephyr. Learned some things. But now i want to go through the Sample examples of Blink LED and Mesh Demo so that i can have a start off. I have tried to run the sample as per the instructions given in the tutorial but not successful. I will be grateful if you can help me in this regards. Waiting for the kind reply. Thank you in advance.

Regards

Muhammad.

[...]

how to make zephyr as a ble mesh provisioner?

rahul tiwari

Hello,

what are the steps required to make zephyr OS as a provisioner.
I flashed the sample board  example of mesh over nordic pca10040 , and i cant provision it from BlueZ meshctl
Kindly provide me the way to provision it

Regards
Rahul

Zephyr Sample Demo with nrf52840 Dongle

Muhammad Muh <muhammad.muh83@...>

Dear,

I am totally new in Zephyr. I am new in the field of IoT programming. I have gone through the tutorial of zephyr. Learned some things. But now i want to go through the Sample examples of Blink LED and Mesh Demo so that i can have a start off. I have tried to run the sample as per the instructions given in the tutorial but not successful. I will be grateful if you can help me in this regards. Waiting for the kind reply. Thank you in advance.

Regards

Muhammad.

Help flashing nxp MIMXRT1050-EVKB

Flavio Ceolin

I'm trying to flash this board following our documentation with no
success. I've being installed the OpenSDA_V2_1.bin firmware but when I
try to flash I get the following error:

J-Link connection not established yet but required for command.
Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
Firmware: J-Link OpenSDA 2 compiled May 27 2019 11:01:03
Hardware version: V1.00
S/N: 621000000
VTref=3.300V
Target connection not established yet but required for command.
The selected device "MCIMXRT1052" is unknown to this version of the
J-Link software.

---

I've tried both, stable and beta J-Link tools. Someone have seen or know
how to fix problem ?

Regards,
Flavio Ceolin

Fw: [Zephyr-devel] Development in Zephyr

Muhammad Muh <muhammad.muh83@...>

Dear Mr Aldrich,

Hope you will be fine and in best of health. I have gone through the links which you have referred me. I found them very very useful. Thank you for your kind support. Now i have purchased the NRF52840 Dongles. In reference to our previous discussion, it is requested to kindly help me through the examples of LED Blink and Mesh Demo. During LED Blink i am getting different sort of errors. Following are lines.

muhammad@muhammad-Asus:~/zephyrproject/zephyr$ west -v build -b nrf52840_pca10059 --build-dir path/to/build2/directory
ZEPHYR_BASE=/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr (origin: configfile)
args: Namespace(board='nrf52840_pca10059', build_dir='path/to/build2/directory', cmake=False, command='build', force=False, help=None, source_dir=None, target=None, verbose=1, version=False, zephyr_base=None) remainder: []
source_dir: None cmake_opts: None
source directory: /home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr
build directory: /home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr/path/to/build2/directory
BOARD: nrf52840_pca10059
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:13 (message):
  A user error has occured.

  cmake was invoked with '/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr' specified as the
  source directory,

  but it must be invoked with an application source directory,

  such as '/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world'.

  Debug variables:

  CMAKE_CACHEFILE_DIR:
  /home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr/path/to/build2/directory

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.13)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

ERROR: command exited with status 1: /home/muhammad/.local/bin/cmake -B/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr/path/to/build2/directory -H/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr -GNinja -DBOARD=nrf52840_pca10059
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/.west/west/src/west/main.py", line 580, in main
    args.handler(args, unknown)
  File "/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/.west/west/src/west/main.py", line 332, in ext_command_handler
    command.run(*west_parser.parse_known_args(argv))
  File "/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/.west/west/src/west/commands/command.py", line 90, in run
    self.do_run(args, unknown)
  File "/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr/scripts/west_commands/build.py", line 153, in do_run
    self._run_cmake(self.args.cmake_opts)
  File "/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr/scripts/west_commands/build.py", line 317, in _run_cmake
    cmake.run_cmake(final_cmake_args)
  File "/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/.west/west/src/west/cmake.py", line 35, in run_cmake
    subprocess.check_call(cmd, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 311, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['/home/muhammad/.local/bin/cmake', '-B/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr/path/to/build2/directory', '-H/home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr', '-GNinja', '-DBOARD=nrf52840_pca10059']' returned non-zero exit status 1

Thank you for your help. I will be grateful if you can help me out in these sample demo.

Regards
Muhammad