Date

feedback on driver-specific API architecture

Peter A. Bigot

As discussed in various meetings: there is an ongoing need for Zephyr to support peripherals that have features beyond what is supported in the generic driver class, e.g. calibration APIs for specific sensors.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17072 discusses the general case with a stub API.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17631 provides a specific case with a complete API.

Feedback on the overall approach is requested, and may be provided on either PR; 17072 should have less clutter related to the details of the Maxim RTC chip that it supports.

Peter

New DT parser and code generation

Kumar Gala

All,

Just a heads up on some changes to the generation path for handling of DT.

Ulf and I have been working on a replacement for the DT parsing and Code Generation code. The replacement is in this PR:

The intent is to deprecate the old code (scripts/dts/devicetree.py, scripts/dts/extract_dts_includes.py and scripts/dts/extract/). The old code will stay around for a little while to generate the deprecated macro’s.

The new code is structured in 3 pieces:
* dtlib.py - DTS parser
* edtlib.py - Semantic Device model
* gen_defines.py - Code generator

The intent is to keep the (dtlib.py and edtlib.py) agnostic of Zephyr, and have all the Zephyr specific details in gen_defines.py.

- k

Re: Development in Zephyr

Muhammad Muh <muhammad.muh83@...>

Hi,

Thank you for your help. I have tried the commands given in the documentation and yours as well. My Python Version Python 2.7.15+. I am getting the following errors after executing the commands in Zephyr Example of NRF52840_PCA10059 Dongle.

FYI, I am just pasting the commands and the errors.

Command 1:

~/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/basic/blinky$ west build -b nrf52840_pca10059 ..

Error 1:

ERROR: .. doesn't contain a CMakeLists.txt
FATAL ERROR: refusing to proceed without --force due to above error

Command 2:

$ nrfutil pkg generate --hw-version 52 --sd-req=0x00 \
>         --application build/zephyr/zephyr.hex \
>         --application-version 1 blinky.zip

Error:
 File "/home/muhammad/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nordicsemi/dfu/package.py", line 403, in generate_package
    for key, firmware_data in self.firmwares_data.iteritems():
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'

THE ABOVE COMMANDS ARE GIVING SAME ERRORS AS MENTIONED IN THE PREVIOUS EMAIL.

Command 3:

~/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/basic/blinky/build$ nrfutil dfu usb-serial -pkg blinky.zip -p /dev/ttyACM0

Error:

Usage: nrfutil dfu usb-serial [OPTIONS]
Try "nrfutil dfu usb-serial --help" for help.

Waiting for your kind response.

Best Regards