Date

Re: Why the smp version of zephyr kernel "idle" task implent the "k_busy_wait(100)" delay?

Boie, Andrew P

There’s an open bug for this:

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of "???
Sent: Sunday, August 4, 2019 4:04 PM
To: devel <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Why the smp version of zephyr kernel "idle" task implent the "k_busy_wait(100)" delay?

Hi everyone:

  whey the SMP version of zephyr kernel idle task has involke the "k_busy_wait"? and it is especially unreasonable to pass the delay time with 100.

why not 200, 300, 400..... and so on?

i cant very catch the comment with reason " to prevent the lock condentation"  if there are  lock condention exists, can the contention corner case be avoided just with a deay time??

i just cant understand the present implementation

thanks for your kindly help.

void idle(void *unused1, void *unused2, void *unused3)
{
    ARG_UNUSED(unused1);
    ARG_UNUSED(unused2);
    ARG_UNUSED(unused3);

    while (true) {
        k_busy_wait(100);
        k_yield();
    }

曹子

珠海全志科技股份有限公司      BU1-PSW

地址:广东省珠海市高新区唐家湾镇科技2路9号

TEL:13824125580

Email:caozilong@...

网址: http://www.allwinnertech.com

Why the smp version of zephyr kernel "idle" task implent the "k_busy_wait(100)" delay?

"曹子龙

[...]

Request for comments: standard practice for driver-specific extensions

Peter A. Bigot

As discussed in TSC 2019-06-26 there is a need to provide access to extended capabilities when there’s an existing generic subsystem API (like GPIO or COUNTER), but a specific device has additional features that can’t be expressed.

Zephyr draft PR 17072 presents a technical solution using a stubbed real-world device. It now includes a documentation update with the technical details.

Zephyr issue 11993 provides some background.

Zephyr PR 17631 provides the complete ready-to-merge device implementation for an I2C-based high accuracy real-time clock that can be used as a 1 Hz counter.

In the devel review telecon 2019-08-01 we agreed to ask TSC to vote in the 2019-08-07 meeting (next week) on whether the approach described in 11072 is acceptable.

Please review and provide feedback on #17072 in preparation for that vote. If approved #17631 may be a candidate feature for v2.0.0.

Zephyr SDK 0.10.2-rc1 available

Latest version of the SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.10.2-rc1

Please download and try things out and report any issues.

Changes since the last release:

• Updated to QEMU 4.0.0
• Added aarch64 qemu target for use w/Cortex-R support (for xlnx-zcu102 target)
• Updated openocd for bug fix on TI CC13x2/CC26x2 platforms.

- k

Is it possible to connect the device on internet using bluetooth connection?

christian tavares

Hello,

I am developing an application that connects my device via Bluetooth to my smartphone. I wonder if I can use my smartphone's internet connection on the device.

I am using nrf52840 board. I am running the example /samples/boads/nrf52/mesh/onoff-app.

If it is possible to connect the device on the internet using Bluetooth connection, how I can do that?

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 08/01/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 1 August 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203

Dev Review Meeting Agenda - 1 Aug 2019

Kumar Gala

Here’s the issues/PRs on the agenda so far for this week’s Dev Review Meeting:

* drivers: counter: add Maxim DS3231 support:

* drivers/gpio: specify whether driver is ISR-safe:

* disk: fixing the sending of commands with r1 response:

* posix: Add headers related to BSD Sockets API

* [RFC] Proposed development plan for Zephyr's POSIX subsystem

Re: Error in setup zephyr toolchain

rahul tiwari

Hi supriti,
I think you are missing to set environment variable

Best Regards
Rahul

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019, 8:20 AM Supriti Shukla <supriti@...> wrote:

Hello ,

I am facing trouble while setting up the toolchain into my system.

While running cmake command for nrf52
I have encountered an error

"Are permission set correctly ?"
for below command
/zehyr/<somewhere in toolchain>arm-none-eabi/arm-none-eabi-gcc -- version

Something like that.
I have tried using several option for chmod +x , chmod 400 etc.

Do help me out from this error.

Regards,
Supriti Anju Shukla

Error in setup zephyr toolchain

Supriti Shukla <supriti@...>

Hello ,

I am facing trouble while setting up the toolchain into my system.

While running cmake command for nrf52
I have encountered an error

"Are permission set correctly ?"
for below command
/zehyr/<somewhere in toolchain>arm-none-eabi/arm-none-eabi-gcc -- version

Something like that.
I have tried using several option for chmod +x , chmod 400 etc.

Do help me out from this error.

Regards,
Supriti Anju Shukla

Re: shipable ...

Kumar Gala

On Jul 30, 2019, at 10:36 PM, Nicolas Pitre <npitre@baylibre.com> wrote:

... or the reason why I wish I could smash my keyboard with a 12-foot H-beam.

Accessibility wise, this shipable web interface thingy is a complete
abomination. Every of my attempts to get to test failure logs ended up
in a failure of its own. And recursive failure is not good.

Is there a way to bypass the web UI?

I found http://docs.shippable.com/ci/email-notifications/ which looked
promising. But that affects the entire project for everybody. All I want
is access to failure reports for my own commits without the dreaded web
UI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
No sure, but probably can ask on https://github.com/Shippable/support

- k

Re: Why is 'Sensor' a Peripheral in the API Reference?

Jennifer M Williams

@Andy Ross Thanks for the perspective. This is interesting. It does currently live under \zephyr\drivers with i2c, spi, gpio, etc. and is developed following a general driver API.

Also, the Zephyr Project API Reference is misleading…

“The sensor subsystem exposes an API to uniformly access sensor devices.”

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/peripherals/sensor.html