Date

Re: Do not use west v0.6.1; upgrade to v0.6.2

Bolivar, Marti

Marti Bolivar <marti.bolivar@nordicsemi.no> writes:

Hi,

West v0.6.1 contains a high impact bug in the "west update" behavior that
is fixed in v0.6.2. Users of v0.6.0 and earlier are not affected.
I was requested to add a link to the bug:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/west/issues/298

It won't cause data loss, but it will cause west update to fail to
check out the correct revision in some cases.

Marti

If you are using west v0.6.1 (check with west --version), please upgrade
now using the usual process:

Linux:

pip3 install -U --user west

macOS and Windows:

pip3 install -U west

Re: Do not use west v0.6.1; upgrade to v0.6.2

Youse, Charles

Marti,

Thanks for letting us know.

Perhaps, since 'west' has been made practically essential to Zephyr, we should investigate some kind of QA process for west releases.

Thanks
Charles

[...]

Error in NRF SoC flash memory compilation #nrf52840

giriprasad@...

When Iam trying to include flash.h file in my application noticed below compilation error.
Can you help me to resolve the issue

ZEPHYR/zephyrproject/zephyr/include/drivers/flash.h: In function 'int z_impl_flash_read(device*, off_t, void*, size_t)':
ZEPHYR/zephyrproject/zephyr/include/drivers/flash.h:104:44: error: invalid conversion from 'const void*' to 'const flash_driver_api*' [-fpermissive]
  const struct flash_driver_api *api = dev->driver_api;
                                       ~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
ZEPHYR/zephyrproject/zephyr/include/drivers/flash.h: In function 'int z_impl_flash_write(device*, off_t, const void*, size_t)':
EPHYR/zephyrproject/zephyr/include/drivers/flash.h:128:44: error: invalid conversion from 'const void*' to 'const flash_driver_api*' [-fpermissive]
  const struct flash_driver_api *api = dev->driver_api;
                                       ~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
ZEPHYR/zephyrproject/zephyr/include/drivers/flash.h: In function 'int z_impl_flash_erase(device*, off_t, size_t)':
ZEPHYR/zephyrproject/zephyr/include/drivers/flash.h:159:44: error: invalid conversion from 'const void*' to 'const flash_driver_api*' [-fpermissive]
  const struct flash_driver_api *api = dev->driver_api;
                                       ~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
ZEPHYR/zephyrproject/zephyr/include/drivers/flash.h: In function 'int z_impl_flash_write_protection_set(device*, bool)':
ZEPHYR/zephyrproject/zephyr/include/drivers/flash.h:185:44: error: invalid conversion from 'const void*' to 'const flash_driver_api*' [-fpermissive]
  const struct flash_driver_api *api = dev->driver_api;
                                       ~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
ZEPHYR/zephyrproject/zephyr/include/drivers/flash.h: In function 'size_t z_impl_flash_get_write_block_size(device*)':
ZEPHYR/zephyrproject/zephyr/include/drivers/flash.h:272:44: error: invalid conversion from 'const void*' to 'const flash_driver_api*' [-fpermissive]
  const struct flash_driver_api *api = dev->driver_api;

Zephyr 2.0.0-rc3 tagged

Glaropoulos, Ioannis

Hi Zephyr developers,

We have now tagged Zephyr 2.0.0-rc3!

All major external dependencies and components, are now up-to-date. All high-priority bugs (including last-minute high-priority issues) have been addressed, and the corresponding PRs are merged to master. We, currently have 16 medium-priority bugs, which is below the threshold required for release.

Details here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Abug+label%3A%22priority%3A+medium%22+sort%3Aupdated-desc+-milestone%3Av1.14.1+

We are now in the release testing phase. Master branch is now open only for documentation updates and patches that contribute to the release notes for 2.0. Everything else should wait until after we open the merge window, again.

The full release log can be found here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/releases/tag/v2.0.0-rc3

More details about Zephyr releases is found here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Program-Management

We expect to release Zephyr 2.0 after the release testing completes successfully.

Thanks to everybody who has contributed to this release!

Ioannis Glaropoulos