Date

question in zephyrproject

최재민 <jaeminy.choi@...>

Hello.

This is Jaemin from Samsung Electronics and we are trying to set the environment up for Zephyr with  https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/index.html.

Everything went well with your manuals but when I try this one

west build -b reel_board samples/hello_world

(in my case west build -b qemu_x86 samples/hello_world )

The error which can't find pykwalify comes up like below.

I've googled it to solve the problem but i ended up here.

Can I have some advices?

(All programs I should install are beyond minimum version and I skipped set up a toolchain step because I set up the Zephyr SDK toolchains)

Thanks,

Jaemin

API meeting: agenda

This week we will look at:

- Sensor API: Update on progress

- GPIO: Update on progress
- Merge https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/16648 to topic-gpio. CI issues are currently preventing us from doing that.
- Resolve contract: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18530#issuecomment-530472454

- V4Z: Quick update on PR status https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17194

Re: Listen for "USB_DETECTED" events?

Benjamin Lindqvist

Hey Pawel,

I noticed `int usb_dc_ep_set_callback(const u8_t ep, const usb_dc_ep_callback cb);` in `usb_dc.h`, but using them doesn't sound so stable to me. Since `usb_dc_ep_set_callback` actually *overwrites* the currently registered callback (that's what it looks like anyway), we'd break everything inside the usb stack that relies on that cb.

Using the nordic HAL directly is an ok workaround for me (just check NRF_POWER->USBREGSTATUS for instance) but it seems like a reasonable thing to present in a public API too.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 8:32 AM <pawel.dunaj@...> wrote:
Have you checked USB_DC_CONNECTED event? You can get it through a callback given while registering a class device.

Re: Listen for "USB_DETECTED" events?

pawel.dunaj@...

Have you checked USB_DC_CONNECTED event? You can get it through a callback given while registering a class device.

Re: Zephyr's k_sleep gets stuck on nRF52832

Peter A. Bigot

Version 1.14.99 suggests you have a snapshot of the development series leading up to the recent 2.0 release.  The problem you're reporting was fixed in #17845 in upstream Zephyr 2019-08-01.  It may be worth updating to the 2.0 release for your development as many other problems were fixed in the latter part of August.

Peter

Zephyr's k_sleep gets stuck on nRF52832

Kimberly Langland <KimL@...>

Hello All,

We were seeing an issue that occasionally, all tasks waiting for a timeout using k_sleep get stuck in the suspended state (while other tasks continue to run normally), and then after about 8 minutes full normal functionality returns.

After digging into this issue, is appears that either the RTC needs an N+3 buffer between the RTC->COUNTER and the RTC->CC value to guarantee to trigger the ISR (instead of an N+2 buffer as documented), or that there is a race condition in the nrf_rtc_timer driver where between the time of reading the RTC->COUNTER, and writing to RTC->CC, RTC->COUNTER has already advanced.

Has anyone else seen this, or know the appropriate fix/workaround?

Detailed description:

* Zephyr Version: 1.14.99

* Running on nR53832

Each time this behavior occurs, the first task in the timeout_list (in the kernel/timeout module) has a timeout time of 1 tick. Reading the RTC1 registers, directly as this occurs, the RTC1->COUNTER value is just above the RCT1->CC[0] value. Normal behavior returns about 8 mins later when the RTC1->COUNTER register passes the RTC1->CC[0] value a second time (this is a 24 bit register clocked at 32kHZ with no prescaler).

In Nordic's documentation for the RTC on nRF52832 it states: "If the COUNTER is N, writing N+2 to a CC register is guaranteed to trigger a COMPARE event at N+2". Zephyrs driver seems to address this case by writing N+2 to the RTC1->CC[0] register (instead on N+1) in the case that a one tick timeout is requested. However in this case we are still not receiving the ISR until the COUNTER has looped around.

I have tried setting the RTC1->CC[0] register instead to N+3 (in the 1 tick timeout case), and have not yet seen the issue reoccur with the following modification to the nrf_rtc_timer driver.

/* dt - is the delta between RTC->COUNTER and RTC->CC[0]

* cyc - is the value to write to RTC->CC[0] */

} else if (dt == 1) {

-    set_comparator(cyc + 1);

+    set_comparator(cyc + 2);

}

Kimberly Langland
Sr. Firmware Engineer
Product Innovation Center
Nytec.com

425.947.2676

This email message may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized use is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Listen for "USB_DETECTED" events?

Benjamin Lindqvist

Hi,

Going through the APIs today looking for a public function for discerning if we are connected to something (i.e. we are supplied by VBUS) but I couldn't find anything. There is some internal API at `subsys/usb/usb_device.c` (usb_register_status_callback) but it clearly won't work since it's not public etc.

Am I just missing it or does it not exist?

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 09/12/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 12 September 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203

Dev Review Meeting Agenda - 12 Sept 2019

Kumar Gala

Here’s the issues/PRs on the agenda so far for this week’s Dev Review Meeting:

* posix: Kconfig: Allow to enable individual components, POSIX_API just enables all

If you you have anything else let me know.

- k

Re: c++ application development #nrf52840

Peter A. Bigot

Not until we get #19002 and then #18464 merged.  Since I'm the one with concerns about those I'll work to get them in next week if that's possible.  For now you could make progress by taking 18464 into your Zephyr tree; then you can use the malloc-based new/delete that comes free from combining libc++ and newlib.

Peter

Re: c++ application development #nrf52840

Narendar Malepu

Hi,

Is there source for memory allocation using new other than k_malloc ?
Because in my application want to use memory alloation from free heap not from the heap memory pool.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 6:11 AM Peter A. Bigot <pab@...> wrote:
Dynamic memory allocation is supported in Zephyr C++, though you have to enable a source for the memory.   You should not have to define overloads for those operators.

tests/application_development/libcxx in current master is the most complete example of C++ use.  PRs 18464, 18991, and 19002 may be helpful as well.

Peter

Re: c++ application development #nrf52840

Peter A. Bigot

Dynamic memory allocation is supported in Zephyr C++, though you have to enable a source for the memory.   You should not have to define overloads for those operators.

tests/application_development/libcxx in current master is the most complete example of C++ use.  PRs 18464, 18991, and 19002 may be helpful as well.

Peter

c++ application development #nrf52840

Narendar Malepu

Hi,

we are developing an application in c++, for dynamic memory allocation using new as operator overloading as below

void *operator new(size_t size)
{
  void *p = malloc(size);
  return p;
}

void operator delete(void *ptr)
{
  free(ptr);
}

but as per documentation it is mention that new and delete are not supported, complier is not showing any error or warning for my usage.

Can you help regarding above new operator overloading whether to use it or not in my application.

Thanks

Re: west and (no) data loss, was: Re: [Zephyr-users] Do not use west v0.6.1; upgrade to v0.6.2

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Marti,

On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 17:41:56 +0000
"Bolivar, Marti" <Marti.Bolivar@nordicsemi.no> wrote:

Hi Paul,

These are important questions, and I'm glad you've asked them. I will
try to provide a fair amount of detail along with short answers.
[]

Of course, no test suite is perfect, but I hope this addresses your
concerns, or at least answers your questions. We're always trying to
improve the test suite and welcome any suggestions.
It definitely does, and I much appreciate the detailed response
(hopefully you wrote it not just as a response, but also a checklist
for yourself, confirming there're no obvious things missed). It
actually took some time to go in detail thru it, and I agree that good
thought was put into various cases, it works close to the best possible
(and I'm conservative only because I didn't use it much enough).

To address a potential follow-up, I am looking into adding better
coverage metrics to the test suite (it's tricky because a lot of the
Sounds great, and even the test file you referred to is 20K, so testing
coverage is definitely not "bare". My only concern would be that
maintaining west has become a non-trivial endeavor, but I guess, that
part is covered, so all readers of the original and this thread should
be happy about it!

Thanks again!

RTIO API, Other potential uses

Tom Burdick

Hi Everyone,

I've been steadily and surely working on a new API, primarily aimed at sensors, but has been split in such a way that device drivers could extend the base API of configuring a stream with rules and triggering reads for other things.

It was always my intention that this base API potentially be useful for other things. Things like sensors that might also need DMA like transfers without actually copying things.

A look-see of how things are coming along, for sensors and this API, can be found

Note that the rtio_sensor prefix and requirements are an extension of the RTIO device API

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has a potential use case for the base rtio_api besides the sensor use that I'm working on. If so I'll push hard to work on that with you to get it in for 2.1 perhaps.

Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers,

Tom

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 09/10/2019 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 10 September 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878#
Or Telephone:
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878

API meeting: Agenda

This week we will look at:

- GPIO: Update on progress
- Roadmap for GPIO inclusion: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18530
- Merge https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/16648 to topic-gpio

- V4Z: Quick update on PR status https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17194

- Sensor API: Update on progress

Re: Dual ethernet interfaces on Zephyr OS ?

Jukka Rissanen

Hi,

there exists NET_DEVICE_INIT_INSTANCE() macro (in include/net/net_if.h)
that can be used for this purpose. You would need to edit the ethernet
driver and call that macro with suitable parameters.

You could also create ETH_NET_DEVICE_INIT_INSTANCE() (it does not
exists yet) from ETH_NET_DEVICE_INIT() (in include/net/ethernet.h) and
add instance support to that.

Cheers,
Jukka

On Tue, 2019-09-10 at 19:16 +0800, "Explorer wrote:
Hello,

I have got one I.MXRT1062 board with 2 ethernet port on it.

And I checked the I.MXRT1062 EVK BSP and it only support one ETH
port.

Is there anything (docs or code) I can refer to , so I can add dual
ethernet interfaces with tcp-ip stack to this board?

------
B.R.
PeterC

Dual ethernet interfaces on Zephyr OS ?

"Explorer

Hello,

I have got one  I.MXRT1062 board with 2 ethernet port on it.

And I checked the I.MXRT1062 EVK BSP and it only support one ETH port.

Is there anything (docs or code)  I can refer to , so I can add dual ethernet interfaces with tcp-ip stack to this board?

------
B.R.
PeterC

Re: native_posix on MacOS? #builds

alpi@...

> Perhaps this is an area I could lend a hand.

You’d be very welcome.