Date
Re: How to specify flash offset for a new board

Jan Van Winkel

Hi Kees,

You can do this by creating a partition in a device tree configuration and set the chosen node"zephyr,code-partition" to point to this partition.

See following files for an example:

Reel Board Partition definition:

Reel Board "zephyr,code-partition" assignment:

Best regards,
Jan

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 10:06 PM <kees@...> wrote:
Hi,

I want to add support for my Sodaq boards. These are SAMD21, Arduino Zero compatible boards with the Arduino bootloaders on them. So, I want the code (flash) to be located at an offset of 0x2000. How do I specify this offset?

How to specify flash offset for a new board

kees@...

Hi,

I want to add support for my Sodaq boards. These are SAMD21, Arduino Zero compatible boards with the Arduino bootloaders on them. So, I want the code (flash) to be located at an offset of 0x2000. How do I specify this offset?

Re: ELC-E Zephyr Multiimage BoF - Bob Build Tool

Jan Kloetzke <jan@...>

On Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 09:24:59AM +0000, Bolivar, Marti wrote:
"Jan Kloetzke via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org"
<jan=kloetzke.net@...> writes:

Hi Kumar,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 02:05:36AM -0500, Kumar Gala wrote:

On Oct 29, 2019, at 5:08 AM, jan@... wrote:

Hi,

I think the https://github.com/BobBuildTool/bob-example-embedded
example is the most interesting one to the Zephyr community (even
though it's using FreeRTOS+Linux at the moment).

If you guys have a particular example that already builds multiple
dependent Zephyr images then we can try to setup some Bob recipes
that builds the same thing...

/Jan
You can take a look at the open-amp sample, it creates 2 zephyr images:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/tree/master/samples/subsys/ipc/openamp
I'm currently preparing some recipes. It will post them with some
instructions how to build in the next days once I got it working...
Ok, here it is: https://github.com/jkloetzke/zephyr-example-recipes

There is a README.md with a short overview. Basically you just have to
clone the recipes and build it:

$ git clone https://github.com/jkloetzke/zephyr-example-recipes.git \
--recurse-submodules
$ cd zephyr-example-recipes
$ bob dev demo::zephyr -j

Make sure that you have the latest version of Bob. The demo recipes use
the "layers" feature that has not been released yet. It's best to
install Bob via:

$ pip3 install [--user] git+https://github.com/BobBuildTool/bob

Otherwise have a look at

https://bob-build-tool.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html

for further options.

Note that the recipes do not use west but clone the involved
repositories directly and calls cmake itself. This has the advantage
that there is only one tool that fetches/updates sources. Additionally
the OpenAMP sample was put into a dedicated repository because some
refactoring was needed, namely removing the "ExternalProject" link
between the images.

The recipes also show how a toolchain is defined in the recipes. There
is no need for the user to install a toolchain but the right one is
brought in by the recipes automatically. Usually this is done with all
involved tools to maximize reproducibility but this would have just made
the example more complicated.

Sounds great!

Please be aware of this in that case:

It would be good to see a solution that doesn't have this issue.
This is handled well by Bob. The explicit goal of Bob is to feel like
"make" even though Bob controls the build of whole packages.

Have fun.

/Jan

Add support for frdm_kl46z

mdecandia@...

Hi all,
I would like to add support for NXP frdm_kl46z evaluation board, starting from what already done for frdm_kl25z.

If useful I will move forward.

Michele

Re: ELC-E Zephyr Multiimage BoF - Bob Build Tool

Bolivar, Marti

<jan=kloetzke.net@...> writes:

[...]

Re: Need help in implementing a IPv4 based multicast listener application #networking #samples

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 10:16:04 +0200
"Jukka Rissanen" <jukka.rissanen@...> wrote:

Hi Giri,
currently we have multicast group support only implemented for IPv6.
It would not be a big task to implement mcast listener support for
IPv4 if you want to do that. As always, patches are welcome.
For reference, there already exists a ticket for this feature:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/2336 , so
interested parties are welcome to "watch" it to stay in loop on updates
and/or coordinate work.

Cheers,Jukka
On Tue, 2019-10-29 at 22:54 -0700, giriprasad@... wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to implement IPv4 based multicast listener application.
Please let me know, if there are any sample applications in Zephyr
that involve joining to a multicast group and listening on a port.

Thanks & Regards,
Giri.

Re: support BT 4.2 for 51824

Carles Cufi

Hi Tommy,

It really depends on which features you want from 4.2, but Zephyr 1.14 technically supports Bluetooth 4.2 on the nRF51.

Carles