Date   

#nrf52840 #k_sleep #nrf52840 #k_sleep

Narendar Malepu
 

Iam working on custom application on zephyr(2.2.99), but my application is not working when using k_sleep() or k_msleep()
 
Can someone help me with above issue.
 
Thanks,
Narendhar


HWINFO API clarification

Steven Slupsky <sslupsky@...>
 

There were two recent issues (#23444, #24103) that identified a byte ordering issue with the hwinfo API.  A PR (#24203) has been submitted to clarify the hwinfo API identifier data structure.  This clarification has resulted in changes to the sam0 and nordic drivers.  Moreover, some components that depend on the hwinfo api may have implemented work arounds for this issue. Issue #24103 identified the USB identifier was affected and issue #23444 identified Bluetooth may be affected.

A summary of the commit is provided below.  Please note other drivers may be affected by this issue.
  
The identifier data structure for hwinfo drivers is clarified.  Drivers are responsible for ensuring that the identifier data structure is a sequence of bytes. The returned ID value is not supposed to be interpreted based on  vendor-specific assumptions of byte order and should express the identifier as a raw byte sequence.

The changes have an impact on users that use the hwinfo API to identify their devices.

The sam0 driver byte swaps each 32 bit word of the 128 bit identifier to big endian. The nordic driver byte swaps the entire 64 bit word to big endian.


How to contribute code to hal_nxp of zephyr

FrankLi
 

Hi,
    I found the following problem in hal nxp spi, and there is a corresponding solution, how should I submit these codes to hal_nxp, it seems that zephyr hal_nxp does not accpet the modiftion of the driver code.
Issue 1: LPSPI_MasterSetDelayTimes nt32_t realDelay is used, subsequent calculations may cause realDelay to overflow and produce incorrect delay data

Issue 2: LPSPI_MasterTransferComplete did not clear kLPSPI_TransferCompleteFlag, the other interrupts that followed may be treated as Transfer Complete, resulting in an abnormal reception status of zephyr spi

I am currently putting the modification method in the following PR, can someone please tell me the correct submission path. Thanks!
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/hal_nxp/pull/36


Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 04/09/2020 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 9 April 2020, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description: Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ankEMRagf


Re: How to add/request reviewers for a PR

Carles Cufi
 

Hi Mark,

 

I’ve added the right people to review the PR.

They will also send a separate PR to updated the CODEOWNERS file.

 

Regards,

 

Carles

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Marc Reilly via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 09 April 2020 03:32
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] How to add/request reviewers for a PR

 

Hi,

 

I have a PR which fixes some overrun issues with nrf52 UARTE, but no reviewers were automatically picked up. So, if anyone is interested/able in reviewing, please go ahead/

 

 

Cheers

Marc


How to add/request reviewers for a PR

Marc Reilly
 

Hi,

I have a PR which fixes some overrun issues with nrf52 UARTE, but no reviewers were automatically picked up. So, if anyone is interested/able in reviewing, please go ahead/


Cheers
Marc


Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Apr 9

Kumar Gala
 

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* Review PR’s tagged with dev-review

* Use of DTS Alias v Chosen for device selection:

We have a number of DT_ defines like:
DT_ADC_{0..n}_NAME
DT_RTC_{0..n}_NAME
DT_ENTROPY_NAME
DT_I2C_{0..n}_NAME
DT_FLASH_DEV_NAME

Do we replace these with chosen properties:
zephyr,adc-{0..n}
zephyr,rtc-{0..n}
zephyr,entropy
zephyr,i2c-{0..n}
zephyr,display /* new */

* zephyr,flash meaning and usage / DT_FLASH_DEV_NAME and flash controller.
- look at deprecating zephyr,flash (which was mostly a means to get CONFIG_FLASH_BASE_ADDR/SIZE vals). Replace with zephyr,flash-ctrl which would get us DT_FLASH_DEV_NAME.

* DT SAM Atmel Pinmux / NXP pinmux
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/24164
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/20398/files

* Any topics anyone else has

- k


Zephyr networking testing in LAVA, was: Re: Network forum agenda

Paul Sokolovsky
 

Hello,

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 21:44:27 +0300
"Paul Sokolovsky via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<paul.sokolovsky=linaro.org@...> wrote:

[]

If there is time, I'd like to share some progress on setting up CI
for network testing with real hardware, on which I've been working
last time.
I appreciate being able to present my work quickly and the discussion
of testing matters which followed. As it was just a quick spoken
presentation, I'd like to share a few links showing more details, with
the idea to keep wider community in loop of testing efforts around
Zephyr.

So, in this work Linaro LITE team uses the LAVA system (Linaro
Automation and Validation Architecture), which is an open source
project at https://www.lavasoftware.org/ (we run a particular
deployment at https://lite.validation.linaro.org/).

How it works is that we build Zephyr tests/samples in Jenkins (using
the standard Zephyr "sanitycheck" tool), then submit binaries to LAVA,
accompanied by a "test job definition", which is a YAML file like
https://lite.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/960800/multinode_definition#defline1 .

The job is then being run, with log of interaction recorded and
analyzed for success/failure. In this case it's a networking test which
involves 2 "nodes": a DUT (device under test) per se (FRDM-K64F board):
https://lite.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/960800.0 and a docker
container representing "a host":
https://lite.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/960800.1#L56 . Here,
the actual test interaction happens on the host, which starts with
easy-pinging a device, then pings more with full Ethernet frames, then
does a "poorman's flood ping" of pinging 1000 times with full packets
and 10ms interval. All these actions are encoded in the YAML definition
and are easily reconfigurable.

LAVA checks that individual actions outcome satisfies success criteria
and records overall results, e.g.
https://lite.validation.linaro.org/results/960801/0_ping .

The biggest value of such a system would come from early notifications
of failures, and ability to compare results over time. The best ways to
achieve that is so far under investigation (the whole work is largely a
prototype at this stage).

As discussed yesterday, we all by now should be aware that "Zephyr
testing" bastion is being stormed by multiple stakeholders in different
ways, and I just wanted to share Linaro's approach and progress with
wider community. While the primary drivers for this works are
requirements of our members interested in Zephyr, who already adopted
the LAVA system, the work itself is open-source, results are public, and
hopefully useful for a wider Zephyr community. (And different teams
working on testing definitely should reuse results of each other's work,
and further the best practices for making Zephyr more testable and
quality-assured).


Thanks,
Paul

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro
http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg - http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog


Build failed for esp

Swapna Bulbule
 

Hello,

I am newbie in zephyr. I am trying to build hello_world application but straggling with it.

OS: Ubuntu 18.04,64bit (New Installed)
Zephyr Version: 2.2.99
Zephyr SDK Version: 0.11.2
xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc Version: 5.2.0 --build=x86_64-build_pc-linux-gnu

As per getting started guide for Zephyr and esp, I have set environment variable. 

export ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT="espressif"
export ESPRESSIF_TOOLCHAIN_PATH="/home/swapna/Documents/Workspace/esp/xtensa-esp32-elf"
export ZEPHYR_SDK_INSTALL_DIR="/home/swapna/Documents/Workspace/Zephyr_ESP/zephyr-sdk" 

While building hello_world application using west command:  $west build -b esp32 samples/hello_world

It's getting failed. Attaching output of above command in the file.


Re: #nrf52840 #gpio #nrf52840 #gpio

Christopher Friedt
 

Hi Narendar,

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 9:26 AM Narendar Malepu
<narendarm@...> wrote:
Previously worked on zephyr branch(2.1.0) but now i want to move to master branch(2.2.99).
When I trying to compile application getting below warning for all gpio functions
warning: 'gpio_pin_write' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
I recently encountered the same issue. It was a relatively painless
fix (thanks btw to the Zephyr devs who made the transition so easy).

Write:
gpio_pin_write(dev, pin, val) => gpio_pin_set(dev, pin, val)

Read:
u32_t state;
gpio_pin_read(dev, pin, &state) => state = gpio_pin_get(dev, pin)

Configure:
gpio_pin_configure(dev, pin, GPIO_DIR_OUT) => gpio_pin_configure(dev,
pin, GPIO_OUTPUT)

Cheers,

C


#nrf52840 #gpio #nrf52840 #gpio

Narendar Malepu
 

Hi,

Previously worked on zephyr branch(2.1.0) but now i want to move to master branch(2.2.99).
When I trying to compile application getting below warning for all gpio functions
warning: 'gpio_pin_write' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]


Thanks,
Narendhar


API meeting cancelled today

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

Due to several people being away and needing a bit more time to discuss some of the items offline I am cancelling this week's API meeting.
Next week the meeting will take place as usual.

Thanks,

Carles


Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, 7 April 2020 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 7 April 2020
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Organizer: devel@...

Description:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878# 
Or Telephone:
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): 
        US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=ioAR9GK1OE5LkN1ojt-heTCl7yPcJrhY


 Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit?usp=sharing


Mesh Example: onoff_level_lighting_vnd_app

Muhammad Muh <muhammad.muh83@...>
 

Dear All,

I hope you all will be fine in this COVID 19 Pandemic situation. 

I am emailing to query regarding mesh example
zephyr/samples/boards/nrf/mesh/onoff_level_lighting_vnd_app/

I am using nRF52840_10056 DK. When I west flash this example, the DK's LED1 switches on. In Read Me of this example, it is written that before provisioning each button controls the state of its corresponding LED and does not initiate any mesh activity but it is not working as written in the Read Me file.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Regards
Muhammad


Re: [Zephyr-users] Network forum agenda

Paul Sokolovsky
 

Hello,

On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 15:01:40 +0300
"Jukka Rissanen" <jukka.rissanen@...> wrote:

Hi all,

There is a network forum meeting tomorrow 7 Apr at 8AM PDT / 17.00 CET

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-Working-Group-Meetings#networking-forum
Thanks for the reminder, appreciated!

Preliminary agenda:

* Network stack status

* k_timeout_t changes in networking stack. Initial PR can be found at
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/24071

* Review help needed for GSM 07.10 mux PR at
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23422

If you have anything you want to discuss, please let me know.
Will there be any status update on TCP2? I see recently there're
multiple patches from different developers, so would be nice to hear a
summary of where it stands and if it's ready to be explored by wider
community.

If there is time, I'd like to share some progress on setting up CI
for network testing with real hardware, on which I've been working last
time.


Cheers,
Jukka

--
Best Regards,
Paul

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro
http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg - http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog


Network forum agenda

Jukka Rissanen
 

Hi all,

There is a network forum meeting tomorrow 7 Apr at 8AM PDT / 17.00 CET

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-Working-Group-Meetings#networking-forum

Preliminary agenda:

* Network stack status

* k_timeout_t changes in networking stack. Initial PR can be found at
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/24071

* Review help needed for GSM 07.10 mux PR at
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23422

If you have anything you want to discuss, please let me know.


Cheers,
Jukka


Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 2 April 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten
 

Hi,

 

Today’s meeting minutes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/

 

Notes/Minutes

Status updates

  • Wayne: PR22668:
    • Metaware linker doesn’t have some primitives which are supported in gnu linker, ld.
    • Metaware doesn’t have same binutils, but GNU binutils can be used in this case
    • Compiling / linking / testing
      • Kernel space tests not big problem
      • Sections related operations not working, for example user space
      • Compiler supports most assembly primitives also used in GNU toolchain
    • Biggest challenges in linker
    • Some arcs (for example ARM) requires placement on word sized addresses
      This poses challenges on Metaware Linker
      (The Metaware compiler is llvm based, but the linker is not)
    • Work is still ongoing in relation to debug information / elf file.
    • Will re-base into latest Zephyr
  • Thomas: IAR: Get basic hello world compiling
    • Progressing, but slower than expected.
    • Able to compile
    • Issue discovered:
      • IAR only accepts a single pre-include, but CMake generates at least two in Zephyr.
        Looking into a workaround on this.
  • Torsten: Toolchain abstraction: Issue:#16031, Status
    • Have been building up detailed knowledge of current design.
      Have gotten knowledge from Sebastian Bøe. Have some ideas regarding improved design, which will also impact PR22668:
    • Has CMake Toolchain support in mind, for any change being made, to prepare for toolchain file support.
      • Note: Toolchain file support will require some consideration regarding flags controlled using Kconfig, but which users may define in toolchains file, examples: Optimization level, debug flags.
    • Feedback:
      • Reduced number of files that must be updated when adding additional toolchain.
      • If possible, provide some kind of template to make it easier to get started
  • LLVM: Draft PR Created by Kumar: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/22981
    Zephyr CI has been updated to LLVM 10, but has not been tried
    LLVM can compile hellow_world, but could not run on some platforms (qemu).
    Believed to be caused by inline assembly.
    General suggestion to pull out common assembly related changes from toolchain PRs (#22668, #22981, others ?) into a common PR for assembly changes that benefit multiple toolchains.
  • Existing action points, not covered above:
    • Clean-up offset.h to make it easier to support more compilers: Nothing new
    • Exploration work on CI Toolchain test cases: Nothing new.
    • Everyone is still urged to give feedback on PR#22668 in areas that they know about.

 

Short term goals:

  • Toolchain test cases
    • Test cases should not be ordinary Zephyr tests

Could be completely different test system with focus on:

      • Optimization
      • Linker
      • archive
    • Should test features that is known to be used inside Zephyr
      • Determine what is most important to test / ensure support for.
    • Needs to work with any toolchain, also out-of-tree toolchains.

 

 

 

Best regards

 

Torsten T. Rasmussen

           

 


Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 04/02/2020 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 2 April 2020, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description: Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ankEMRagf


Zephyr Toolchain Working Group - Thu, 04/02/2020 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

When:
Thursday, 2 April 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/967549258

Description:
Zephyr Working Group is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

 

Topic:  Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

Time: Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

        Every 2 weeks on Thu, until Jul 23, 2020, 10 occurrence(s)

        Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 2, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 16, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 30, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 14, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 28, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 11, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 25, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 9, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 23, 2020 07:00 AM

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.

Weekly: https://zoom.us/meeting/tJIqcu2hrD4id0z59MlGQgtjfduqRH_iTA/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCuqT4uE9aQuF39e7cqA97lbN-1i3UesPYEsRPCMidHaAXyI_NwGo12JPmB

 

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/967549258

 

Meeting ID: 967 549 258

 

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,967549258# US (San Jose)

+16465588656,,967549258# US (New York)

 

Dial by your location

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

        855 880 1246 US Toll-free

        877 369 0926 US Toll-free

        +1 647 558 0588 Canada

        855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free

Meeting ID: 967 549 258

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abfRKTHWtN

 


Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r


Upcoming Event: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group - Thu, 04/02/2020 7:00am-8:00am #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

When: Thursday, 2 April 2020, 7:00am to 8:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/967549258

View Event

Organizer: Maureen Helm

Description: Zephyr Working Group is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

 

Topic:  Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

Time: Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

        Every 2 weeks on Thu, until Jul 23, 2020, 10 occurrence(s)

        Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 2, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 16, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 30, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 14, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 28, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 11, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 25, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 9, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 23, 2020 07:00 AM

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.

Weekly: https://zoom.us/meeting/tJIqcu2hrD4id0z59MlGQgtjfduqRH_iTA/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCuqT4uE9aQuF39e7cqA97lbN-1i3UesPYEsRPCMidHaAXyI_NwGo12JPmB

 

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/967549258

 

Meeting ID: 967 549 258

 

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,967549258# US (San Jose)

+16465588656,,967549258# US (New York)

 

Dial by your location

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

        855 880 1246 US Toll-free

        877 369 0926 US Toll-free

        +1 647 558 0588 Canada

        855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free

Meeting ID: 967 549 258

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abfRKTHWtN

 


Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r