Date   

Re: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

Danny Ørndrup (DAOR)
 

Hi Carles,

 

Thanks.

 

Strange, that is not reflected in my calendar, which is linked to the zephyr calendar, but that must be a problem on my end though.

 

Regards,

  Danny

 

From: Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...>
Sent: 11. juni 2020 15:35
To: Danny Ørndrup (DAOR) <daor@...>; Rasmussen, Torsten <Torsten.Rasmussen@...>; devel@...
Subject: RE: [Zephyr-devel] Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

 

This message comes from outside of the corporate network. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the source of this e-mail and know the content is safe.

 

Hi Danny,

 

The calendar was updated earlier today.

 

Carles

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Danny Ørndrup (DAOR) via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 11 June 2020 14:45
To: Rasmussen, Torsten <Torsten.Rasmussen@...>; devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

 

Hi Torsten,

 

Could you update the calendar? If not already done.

I believe that many will miss out, if the calendar does not reflect the rescheduling of the meeting.

 

Regards,

  Danny

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Rasmussen, Torsten via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 11. juni 2020 11:45
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

 

This message comes from outside of the corporate network. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the source of this e-mail and know the content is safe.

 

Today’s meeting has been postponed to 18 June.

 

Sorry for the late notice.

 

See you all in a weeks’ time from now.

 

Best regards

 

Torsten T. Rasmussen           

 

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 213-437-3346   United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 570 955 823#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

________________________________________________________________________________

 


Re: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

Carles Cufi
 

Hi Danny,

 

The calendar was updated earlier today.

 

Carles

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Danny Ørndrup (DAOR) via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 11 June 2020 14:45
To: Rasmussen, Torsten <Torsten.Rasmussen@...>; devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

 

Hi Torsten,

 

Could you update the calendar? If not already done.

I believe that many will miss out, if the calendar does not reflect the rescheduling of the meeting.

 

Regards,

  Danny

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Rasmussen, Torsten via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 11. juni 2020 11:45
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

 

This message comes from outside of the corporate network. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the source of this e-mail and know the content is safe.

 

Today’s meeting has been postponed to 18 June.

 

Sorry for the late notice.

 

See you all in a weeks’ time from now.

 

Best regards

 

Torsten T. Rasmussen           

 

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 213-437-3346   United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 570 955 823#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

________________________________________________________________________________

 


Bluetooth mesh and Central role simultaneously #bluetoothmesh #bluetooth

Andreas
 

Hello, on my nRF52 board I am planning to have a Bluetooth mesh node running and then eventually (e.g. on button press) create a connection to a smartphone (nRF52 in Central, smartphone in Peripheral GAP role) simultaneously.

 

The intended sequence is like this

  1. Start scanning and connect to the smartphone’s BLE advertisement
  2. Read data from smartphone
  3. Send data to neighbor mesh node for processing
  4. Receive result from neighbor mesh node
  5. Send result to smartphone
  6. Terminate connection to smartphone.

 

I tried a lot and always run into some problem, e.g.

  • If I start the mesh with bt_mesh_init() and afterwards call bt_le_scan_start() then I get the -EALREADY error.
  • If instead I add me to the list of scan callbacks using bt_le_scan_cb_register() then I even see a crash (not further investigated why this happens).
  • If I first start scanning and then start the mesh, then I get a -EIO error when I call bt_conn_le_create().

 

So my question: is the scenario to run Bluetooth mesh and Central GAP role simultaneously supported by Bluetooth Low Energy standard?

If so, is such scenario also supported by the Zephyr Bluetooth stack?

 

Thanks for your time!

Andreas

 

(I am testing with Zephyr OS version 2.3.0)


Re: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

Danny Ørndrup (DAOR)
 

Hi Torsten,

 

Could you update the calendar? If not already done.

I believe that many will miss out, if the calendar does not reflect the rescheduling of the meeting.

 

Regards,

  Danny

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Rasmussen, Torsten via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 11. juni 2020 11:45
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

 

This message comes from outside of the corporate network. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the source of this e-mail and know the content is safe.

 

Today’s meeting has been postponed to 18 June.

 

Sorry for the late notice.

 

See you all in a weeks’ time from now.

 

Best regards

 

Torsten T. Rasmussen           

 

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 213-437-3346   United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 570 955 823#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

________________________________________________________________________________

 


Re: Zephyr 2.3: BLE: BT SIG certification plans #ble #nrf52840

Carles Cufi
 

Hi Ryan,

 

This is still TBD, I will soon call a meeting to decide on this year’s qualification plans.

 

Thanks,

 

Carles

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Ryan Erickson via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 09 June 2020 20:05
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Zephyr 2.3: BLE: BT SIG certification plans #ble #nrf52840

 

Are there any plans for Zephyr 2.3 to be BT SIG certified for host, controller, or profile (mesh) subsystems?


Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten
 

Today’s meeting has been postponed to 18 June.

 

Sorry for the late notice.

 

See you all in a weeks’ time from now.

 

Best regards

 

Torsten T. Rasmussen           

 

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 213-437-3346   United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 570 955 823#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

________________________________________________________________________________

 


Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Jun 10

Bolivar, Marti
 

"Bolivar, Marti via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<marti.bolivar=nordicsemi.no@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

It seems like TSC moved to a new Teams meeting; will this be moving,
too?
The meeting has moved to a new Teams home and I've been told the wiki is
up to date, for anyone interested in attending:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-dev-meeting


Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Jun 10

Bolivar, Marti
 

It seems like TSC moved to a new Teams meeting; will this be moving, too?

"Kumar Gala via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<kumar.gala=linaro.org@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* struct device - plans for 2.4:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/22941
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/26072
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/26073

* Any PR/issues w/dev-review tag

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k


Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Jun 10

Kumar Gala
 

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* struct device - plans for 2.4:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/22941
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/26072
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/26073

* Any PR/issues w/dev-review tag

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k


Re: [Members] Enforcing a 2-approval policy in GitHub: request for more help with PR reviewing

Glaropoulos, Ioannis
 

Hi Paul,
Sure, let me post here for everyone's reference:

On Feb 2020 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xiO721JwqW_H_BpGMOJ4PY3vLVy7nxW2fhy841nsP10/edit#heading=h.7ckwoo5xq75a) Zephyr TSC approved the Process Improvement Forum's proposal around Project Roles and Contribution Workflow as it was described in: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/15k2yLWL6KeisNfhso4-tMIY9MT1jjJGUpAHRGl83w6g/edit?ts=5e31e5c1&pli=1#slide=id.p For the 2-approval policy, please, refer to the slide about "Merge Criteria".

/Ioannis

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Sokolovsky <paul.sokolovsky@linaro.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:00 PM
To: Glaropoulos, Ioannis <Ioannis.Glaropoulos@nordicsemi.no>
Cc: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org; Members@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [Members] Enforcing a 2-approval policy in GitHub: request for more help with PR reviewing

Hello Ioannis,

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 21:05:02 +0000
"Glaropoulos, Ioannis" <Ioannis.Glaropoulos@nordicsemi.no> wrote:

Dear Zephyr developers,
According to the Zephyr Project Roles and Contribution Guidelines
documentation
(https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/project_roles.html#m
erge-criteria), pull requests against the Project’s main branch may be
merged with 2 approvals. Until now, we have been applying this policy
in GitHub, exclusively during Zephyr release stabilization periods
(applying 1-approval policy, otherwise). I would like to notify
everyone that as of now we will permanently enforce the 2-approval
policy.
Consequently, from now on, we will be needing extra assistance in PR
reviews to maintain a high-enough rate of getting PRs approved and
merged to Zephyr master branch.
Thanks for the notification, Ioannis. I might have missed the discussion and decision-making behind this change, can you please point to the discussion thread where it happened?


A big thanks-in-advance to all for your extra efforts in PR reviewing
😊 Best Regards,
Ioannis glaropoulos | R&D
P +47 21 08 88 37 | Oslo, Norway
nordicsemi.com<http://www.nordicsemi.com/> |
devzone.nordicsemi.com<https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/>

[Nordic_logo_signature]<http://www.nordicsemi.com/>
[]

--
Best Regards,
Paul

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs Follow Linaro: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro
http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg - http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog


Zephyr 2.3: BLE: BT SIG certification plans #ble #nrf52840

Ryan Erickson
 

Are there any plans for Zephyr 2.3 to be BT SIG certified for host, controller, or profile (mesh) subsystems?


Re: [Members] Enforcing a 2-approval policy in GitHub: request for more help with PR reviewing

Paul Sokolovsky
 

Hello Ioannis,

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 21:05:02 +0000
"Glaropoulos, Ioannis" <Ioannis.Glaropoulos@nordicsemi.no> wrote:

Dear Zephyr developers,
According to the Zephyr Project Roles and Contribution Guidelines
documentation
(https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/project_roles.html#merge-criteria),
pull requests against the Project’s main branch may be merged with 2
approvals. Until now, we have been applying this policy in GitHub,
exclusively during Zephyr release stabilization periods (applying
1-approval policy, otherwise). I would like to notify everyone that
as of now we will permanently enforce the 2-approval policy.
Consequently, from now on, we will be needing extra assistance in PR
reviews to maintain a high-enough rate of getting PRs approved and
merged to Zephyr master branch.
Thanks for the notification, Ioannis. I might have missed the discussion
and decision-making behind this change, can you please point to the
discussion thread where it happened?


A big thanks-in-advance to all for your extra efforts in PR reviewing
😊 Best Regards,
Ioannis glaropoulos | R&D
P +47 21 08 88 37 | Oslo, Norway
nordicsemi.com<http://www.nordicsemi.com/> |
devzone.nordicsemi.com<https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/>

[Nordic_logo_signature]<http://www.nordicsemi.com/>
[]

--
Best Regards,
Paul

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro
http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg - http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog


Re: override alias in test application

Bolivar, Marti
 

Hello,

There's no need to open an issue.

The alias should be named eeprom-0 in a DTS file,

aliases {
eeprom-0 = ...;
};

but needs to be eeprom_0 (i.e. "lowercase-and-underscores" form) in C,
because "-" is not part of a valid C identifier.

For details, please see the DT_ALIAS documentation:
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/devicetree/index.html#c.DT_ALIAS

In particular,

"Convert non-alphanumeric characters in the alias property to
underscores to form valid C tokens, and lowercase all letters."

Please see also this section in the troubleshooting section in the
deviceetree HOWTOs:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/dts/howtos.html#make-sure-you-re-using-the-right-names

Thanks,
Marti

Stefano Manni <stefano.manni@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Carles,

thanks, I managed like this:

/ {
aliases {
eeprom_0 = &eeprom0;
};
};

but eeprom_0 is not a valid alias:

dtlib.DTError: /aliases: alias property name 'eeprom_0' should include
only characters from [0-9a-z-]

may I open an issue?

Stefano

Il giorno mar 9 giu 2020 alle ore 10:27 Cufi, Carles
<Carles.Cufi@nordicsemi.no> ha scritto:

For properties there is /delete-property/ to delete one and then be able to override it.
In the case of an alias I am not sure, have you tried to override it directly?

Carles

On 08/06/2020, 19:31, "devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of Stefano Manni via lists.zephyrproject.org" <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of stefano.manni=gmail.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile test/drivers/eeprom for my board. I see that the
code requires the alias 'eeprom_0' defined, but my board does not have
it natively.

I managed to compile changing in the test app some lines like below:

- eeprom = device_get_binding(DT_LABEL(DT_ALIAS(eeprom_0)));
+ eeprom = device_get_binding(DT_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(eeprom0)));

where eeprom0 is defined in an overlay for my boards.

But I'd prefer to use the alias and not change the app.
What is the right way to override an alias in an overlay file? Sorry
if my question is already addressed somewhere in documentation.

Another consideration: is 'eeprom_0' a valid name? Alias properties
should include only characters from [0-9a-z-]. May we need to fix it?

Thanks,
Stefano





Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 06/09/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 9 June 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: override alias in test application

Stefano Manni
 

Hi Carles,

thanks, I managed like this:

/ {
aliases {
eeprom_0 = &eeprom0;
};
};

but eeprom_0 is not a valid alias:

dtlib.DTError: /aliases: alias property name 'eeprom_0' should include
only characters from [0-9a-z-]

may I open an issue?

Stefano

Il giorno mar 9 giu 2020 alle ore 10:27 Cufi, Carles
<Carles.Cufi@nordicsemi.no> ha scritto:

For properties there is /delete-property/ to delete one and then be able to override it.
In the case of an alias I am not sure, have you tried to override it directly?

Carles

On 08/06/2020, 19:31, "devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of Stefano Manni via lists.zephyrproject.org" <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of stefano.manni=gmail.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile test/drivers/eeprom for my board. I see that the
code requires the alias 'eeprom_0' defined, but my board does not have
it natively.

I managed to compile changing in the test app some lines like below:

- eeprom = device_get_binding(DT_LABEL(DT_ALIAS(eeprom_0)));
+ eeprom = device_get_binding(DT_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(eeprom0)));

where eeprom0 is defined in an overlay for my boards.

But I'd prefer to use the alias and not change the app.
What is the right way to override an alias in an overlay file? Sorry
if my question is already addressed somewhere in documentation.

Another consideration: is 'eeprom_0' a valid name? Alias properties
should include only characters from [0-9a-z-]. May we need to fix it?

Thanks,
Stefano





Re: API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

A small addition to the agenda:

- PWM: add functions for capturing pwm pulse width and period
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/26026

Carles

-----Original Message-----
From: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org> On
Behalf Of Carles Cufi via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 09 June 2020 10:35
To: users@lists.zephyrproject.org; devel@lists.zephyrproject.org
Cc: Snekvik, Trond Einar <Trond.Einar.Snekvik@nordicsemi.no>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] API meeting: agenda

Hi all,

*************************************************
We will be using Teams instead of Zoom:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_YzYzZTAzNGItOWFiMS00MDBkLTkyYmMtNzljZjkwNDVlMThm%40thr
ead.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-
d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-
f04e4e156f10%22%7d
*************************************************

Today's topics:

- PWM: Clarify expected behavior
- PR https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25587

- API Change: Call UART_RX_RDY event after rx_disable()
- Issue https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/25317
- PR https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25967

- API Change: Mesh: Add name parameter
- Issue https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/26037

Additional topics to review and close:

- QSPI flash drivers:
- Should we revisit the common QSPI API?
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/20069
- Should it be part of the current SPI API?
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/17902
- If not, should we try to unify the common functionality in the
multiple QSPI flash drivers?
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25806
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25669

- SPI JEDEC runtime support
- PR https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23658

- RTC API follow-up (if the relevant people are present and there is
material for discussion)
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23526

Pending additional investigation:
- Documenting API behavior in Doxygen:
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18970
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21061

Additional items in the "Triage" column in the GitHub project may be
discussed if time permits.
If you want an item included in the meeting, please add it to the GitHub
project.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-
Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles



API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

*************************************************
We will be using Teams instead of Zoom:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YzYzZTAzNGItOWFiMS00MDBkLTkyYmMtNzljZjkwNDVlMThm%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d
*************************************************

Today's topics:

- PWM: Clarify expected behavior
- PR https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25587

- API Change: Call UART_RX_RDY event after rx_disable()
- Issue https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/25317
- PR https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25967

- API Change: Mesh: Add name parameter
- Issue https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/26037

Additional topics to review and close:

- QSPI flash drivers:
- Should we revisit the common QSPI API? https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/20069
- Should it be part of the current SPI API? https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/17902
- If not, should we try to unify the common functionality in the multiple QSPI flash drivers?
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25806
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25669

- SPI JEDEC runtime support
- PR https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23658

- RTC API follow-up (if the relevant people are present and there is material for discussion)
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23526

Pending additional investigation:
- Documenting API behavior in Doxygen:
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18970
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21061

Additional items in the "Triage" column in the GitHub project may be discussed if time permits.
If you want an item included in the meeting, please add it to the GitHub project.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles


Re: override alias in test application

Carles Cufi
 

For properties there is /delete-property/ to delete one and then be able to override it.
In the case of an alias I am not sure, have you tried to override it directly?

Carles

On 08/06/2020, 19:31, "devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of Stefano Manni via lists.zephyrproject.org" <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of stefano.manni=gmail.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile test/drivers/eeprom for my board. I see that the
code requires the alias 'eeprom_0' defined, but my board does not have
it natively.

I managed to compile changing in the test app some lines like below:

- eeprom = device_get_binding(DT_LABEL(DT_ALIAS(eeprom_0)));
+ eeprom = device_get_binding(DT_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(eeprom0)));

where eeprom0 is defined in an overlay for my boards.

But I'd prefer to use the alias and not change the app.
What is the right way to override an alias in an overlay file? Sorry
if my question is already addressed somewhere in documentation.

Another consideration: is 'eeprom_0' a valid name? Alias properties
should include only characters from [0-9a-z-]. May we need to fix it?

Thanks,
Stefano


Enforcing a 2-approval policy in GitHub: request for more help with PR reviewing

Glaropoulos, Ioannis
 

Dear Zephyr developers,

According to the Zephyr Project Roles and Contribution Guidelines documentation (https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/project_roles.html#merge-criteria), pull requests against the Project’s main branch may be merged with 2 approvals. Until now, we have been applying this policy in GitHub, exclusively during Zephyr release stabilization periods (applying 1-approval policy, otherwise). I would like to notify everyone that as of now we will permanently enforce the 2-approval policy.

Consequently, from now on, we will be needing extra assistance in PR reviews to maintain a high-enough rate of getting PRs approved and merged to Zephyr master branch.

 

A big thanks-in-advance to all for your extra efforts in PR reviewing 😊

Best Regards,

Ioannis glaropoulos | R&D
P +47 21 08 88 37 | Oslo, Norway

nordicsemi.com | devzone.nordicsemi.com

 

Nordic_logo_signature

 


override alias in test application

Stefano Manni
 

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile test/drivers/eeprom for my board. I see that the
code requires the alias 'eeprom_0' defined, but my board does not have
it natively.

I managed to compile changing in the test app some lines like below:

- eeprom = device_get_binding(DT_LABEL(DT_ALIAS(eeprom_0)));
+ eeprom = device_get_binding(DT_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(eeprom0)));

where eeprom0 is defined in an overlay for my boards.

But I'd prefer to use the alias and not change the app.
What is the right way to override an alias in an overlay file? Sorry
if my question is already addressed somewhere in documentation.

Another consideration: is 'eeprom_0' a valid name? Alias properties
should include only characters from [0-9a-z-]. May we need to fix it?

Thanks,
Stefano

821 - 840 of 7902