Date

Overriding import whitelist

lairdjm

Hi,

For our projects, we are trying to minimise the components we need to check out and download so reduce disk space, bandwidth and automated build times. The default zephyr westyml pulls in a lot of repositories we don’t need and there is the import name whitelist feature which can be used which is what we’re looking for, however it seems that according to https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/west/manifest.html#west-manifest-ex3-1 a whitelist overrides a blacklist. For our projects, we are using the Nordic nRF connect SDK which makes use of the name whitelist feature and the nRF connect SDK repository pulls in the zephyr component – is there a way to further limit this from our project? This is from the west.yml file in that repository:

        name-whitelist:

          - canopennode

          - ci-tools

          - cmsis

          - civetweb

          - edtt

          - fatfs

          - hal_nordic

          - hal_st

          - libmetal

          - littlefs

          - loramac-node

          - lvgl

          - mbedtls

          - mipi-sys-t

          - net-tools

          - nrf_hw_models

          - open-amp

          - openthread

          - segger

          - tinycbor

          - tinycrypt

So for example we don’t want canopennode so is there a way we can exclude it from our west.yml file which is above the nrf repository which will then be passed down to the zephyr manifest file through the nrf manifest file, whilst overriding the nrf whitelist (our west.yml > nrf west.yml > zephyr west.yml)?

Thanks,

Jamie

Re: Python Interpreter for Zephyr

Maureen Helm

Hi Muhammad,

Please use the Zephyr 2.3.0 release with MicroPython instead of Zephyr master.

Maureen