Date

Re: BLE Controller Core Spec 5.2 Power Control Feature

Khaled Elsayed

Hi Vinayak

Thanks for sharing the sample Min used channels procedure.

I had a quick look and the new design seems to be very elegant. Good to see the req/ack logic gone and using explicit states. I actually used explicit states in the draft LE PC feature implementation and tried to plug it in with the current master. I think it will integrate better with the new design but let me continue with the current master for the time being.

BR,

Khaled

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 3:04 PM Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...> wrote:

Hi Khaled,

Control procedures is a major implementation in the controller, the new overhaul work is already into its 10th calendar month.

I would not consider adding new control procedures to be ever straight forward considering the software requirements that needs to be addressed.

Yes, the overhaul is to introduce a design pattern, to address issues and to cover missing software requirements of currently implemented control procedures.

All controller development of BT adopted features happen in the open, you can always send draft PRs and solicit comments on github.

If you don’t have code/PR, you can start with a github issue to get discussions started.

An example of adding a simple control procedure could be this: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/commit/851f3631031189f0cd1d0ae976fe2be93ab5f386

Regards,

Vinayak