Date

Re: Inconsistent and ever-changing device naming in Zephyr

Daniel Thompson <daniel.thompson@...>

On 08/02/17 20:39, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
Hello Daniel,

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:59:26 +0000
Daniel Thompson <daniel.thompson@linaro.org> wrote:

[]

a) Establish (well, reconfirm/clarify) and uphold consistent naming
conventions across ports, architectures, and boards.

b) Send a strong message to application developers that they should
not rely on any patterns of Zephyr device naming, and even on the
naming at all, and instead should treat it as a configuration
parameter, which ultimately should be set by a user (and thus apps
should make such configuration explicit and easy for users).
Or c) inherit the device names from device tree?

I don't actually remember that much about the proposed DT tooling but
it should certainly be included in this discussion.

It might be made slightly more complex by the presence of aliased
names in DT (often used to bridge SoC datasheet namings into board
based names). I guess Zephyr might prefer to use the most-derived
alias rather then the SoC datasheet name?
I'm not familiar enough with devicetree details to imagine how exactly
that would be done, but Andy's response confirms it's possible to do
something along those ways. But as far as I can see, that still would
depend on establishing common conventions for naming. Perhaps, doing it
via DT would allow to achieve consistency easier, and verify/maintain
it.

But the current question is whether consistency is desirable at all,
i.e. would maintainers of individual SoCs agree each making some
changes to their code/config, and Zephyr maintainers agree to
uphold it afterwards. Given that DT has yet some way to go widely in
Zephyr, discussion or at least consideration of this "consistent
naming" idea might start in parallel.
Personally I'm not a fan of gratuitously different naming (for example different driver writers arbitrarily selecting ALLCAPS and lowercase). However I *am* a fan of selecting labels from "facts" about the board (silk screening, datasheet port/connector names, etc).

As a trivial example I'd really dislike a system where "for consistency" we force BSPs to call something "UART-0" when the silkscreen (or front-panel) says "DB9-1".

I guess that is an argument *against* board-to-board consistency!

Daniel.

Re: Problems managing NBUF DATA pool in the networking stack

Marcus Shawcroft <marcus.shawcroft@...>

On 8 February 2017 at 13:18, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<luiz.dentz@gmail.com> wrote:

While I agree we should prevent the remote to consume all the buffer
and possible starve the TX, this is probably due to echo_server design
that deep copies the buffers from RX to TX, in a normal application
Indeed the echo server could perhaps be optimized not to deep copy
thus removing the issue. The wider question here is whether or not we
want a design rule that effectively states that all applications
should consume and unref their rx buffers before attempting to
allocate tx buffers. This may be convenient for some applications,
but I'm not convinced that is always the case. Such a design rule
effectively states that an application that needs to retain or process
information from request to response must now have somewhere to store
all of that information between buffers and rules out any form of
incremental processing of an rx buffer interleaved with the
construction of the tx message.

the RX would be processed and unrefed causing the data buffers to
return to the pool immediately. Even if we split the RX in a separate
pool any context can just ref the buffer causing the RX to stave
Maybe I missed the point here, but dropped packets due to rx buffer
starvation is no different to network packet loss, while undesirable,
high levels in the stack are already design to cope appropriately.

Cheers
/Marcus

Re: Inconsistent and ever-changing device naming in Zephyr

Jon Medhurst (Tixy) <tixy@...>

On Wed, 2017-02-08 at 11:31 -0600, Andy Gross wrote:
On 6 February 2017 at 10:59, Daniel Thompson <daniel.thompson@linaro.org> wrote:
On 06/02/17 13:34, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:

Hello,

Writing on this was in my TODO at least since November, but I expected
this to be a controversial topic, so kind of skipped it. Controversial,
as in: different parties finding to be "obvious" quite different, if
not opposite solutions to the problem. Well, the breakage continues,
so this should be raised.

(Recent) facts:

1. Update to Kinetis (BOARD=frdm_k64f) port broke GPIO support in a
(complex) Zephyr-based application, Zephyr.js:
https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js/issues/665

2. A day or two, Arduino 101 I2C support in Zephyr.js was updated,
apparently because Zephyr upgrade broke it. Today it became known that
the fix for Arduino 101 broke FRDM-K64F.
https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js/issues/676

Investigating the issues, the causes of them are:

1. frdm_k64f GPIO port naming changed from "GPIO_0" to (!!) "gpio_porta".

2. Name of (one of) I2C device for arduino_101 changed from "I2C_0" to
"I2C_SS_0".

This is not the first time when device names change in Zephyr (see
reference above to November 2016), it's the first time (at least for
last half-year), when the naming changes in relatively well developed
ports, which leads to cascade of breakage in the one. And one case, it
can be seen how inconsistent naming (and changes of it) can be.

The question what to do about this. Possible high-level approaches can
be:

a) Establish (well, reconfirm/clarify) and uphold consistent naming
conventions across ports, architectures, and boards.

b) Send a strong message to application developers that they should
not rely on any patterns of Zephyr device naming, and even on the naming
at all, and instead should treat it as a configuration parameter, which
ultimately should be set by a user (and thus apps should make such
configuration explicit and easy for users).

Or c) inherit the device names from device tree?

I don't actually remember that much about the proposed DT tooling but it
should certainly be included in this discussion.

It might be made slightly more complex by the presence of aliased names in
DT (often used to bridge SoC datasheet namings into board based names). I
guess Zephyr might prefer to use the most-derived alias rather then the SoC
datasheet name?
The alias {} node can indeed be used for this. But unless we define a
specific format, parsing this might be interesting. However we have
some solutions for that if we want to go that route. A board specific
yaml file could specify the alias format. It's need to be something
that can co-exist with existing DT files that might be imported from
Linux.

Maybe something along the lines of:
zephyr,uart-0 = &node@xxxxxxxx;
zephyr,uart-1 = &node@xxxxxxxx;
and so on and so forth. These can ghost the aliases already present
if they have something like uart0 = &node@xxxxxxxx; The zephyr,XXXXX
need to be standardized for each device type. We strip the zephyr
part and the generated string name becomes UART-0 or UART0 or whatever
standard we want.

I think this solves both the unified naming and the assigning of the
names to specific nodes.
So, if I get this right, this is device-tree aliases being used to
specify the driver name in Zephy? I.e. the drv_name parameter passed to
DEVICE_INIT and the string passed to device_get_binding to get a pointer
to that driver instance.

I thought aliases we're going to be used as a method to replace the
'fixup' files in the current DT RFC patches by matching device-tree node
names (<compataible-string>_<address>_<property>) to driver defines
(<foo>_<port_N>_<bar> or similar)

Is the latter wrong? Or is it a different alias entry in DT used for
that?

--
Tixy

Re: Did the zephyr project support EHCI/OHCI usb controller currently?

Joseph, Jithu

We presently have only USB device (and not USB host)  support in Zephyr, that’s why you are unable to find host controller drivers under Zephyr/drivers/usb

> if not supported hci really, why?

USB device side  was the logical place to start for resource constrained devices targeted by Zephyr.

(Going forward It is possible that USB Host / OTG functionality can get added based on community  interest / demand / contributions.)

Sender : 최형준 <hj210.choi@...> S5(책임)/책임/IoT Lab(S/W센터)/삼성전자

Date : 2017-02-09 09:54 (GMT+9)

Title : FW: Re: [Zephyr-devel] [net] net samples not working?

Hello Richard,

>the SLIP-TAP driver seems not to be working in qemu for cortex-m targets,too.

>I can not  get any network traffic between, either between to

>qemu_cortex_m3 targets nor to the PC.

>Has anyone tried networking in qemu with qemu_cortex_m3 target?

I did it and it works well even if it printed some error messages about “net_buf_get_reserve()”.

I used "echo_server" sample app.

>I don't think that this is a configuration problem.

>The SLIP-TAP driver was disabled in the cortex_m3 defconfig.

>I enabled it, but no luck.

>Would be great to get some help on this!

I’ll share the conf file for qemu_cortex_m3 when I tested it.

Please make a file in your PC. (i.e.: zephyr/samples/net/echo_server/prj_qemu_cortex_m3.conf)

“prj_qemu_cortex_m3.conf” file has below configurations.

CONFIG_NETWORKING=y

CONFIG_NET_IPV6=y

CONFIG_NET_IPV4=y

CONFIG_NET_UDP=y

CONFIG_NET_TCP=y

CONFIG_TEST_RANDOM_GENERATOR=y

CONFIG_NET_BUF_LOG=y

CONFIG_SYS_LOG_NET_BUF_LEVEL=2

CONFIG_NET_LOG=y

CONFIG_SYS_LOG_NET_LEVEL=2

CONFIG_NET_SLIP_TAP=y

CONFIG_SYS_LOG_SHOW_COLOR=y

CONFIG_INIT_STACKS=y

CONFIG_PRINTK=y

CONFIG_NET_STATISTICS=y

CONFIG_NET_NBUF_RX_COUNT=14

CONFIG_NET_NBUF_TX_COUNT=14

CONFIG_NET_NBUF_DATA_COUNT=30

CONFIG_NET_IF_UNICAST_IPV6_ADDR_COUNT=3

CONFIG_NET_IF_MCAST_IPV6_ADDR_COUNT=2

CONFIG_NET_MAX_CONTEXTS=10

CONFIG_NET_SHELL=y

CONFIG_NET_SAMPLES_IP_ADDRESSES=y

CONFIG_NET_SAMPLES_MY_IPV6_ADDR="2001:db8::1"

CONFIG_NET_SAMPLES_PEER_IPV6_ADDR="2001:db8::2"

CONFIG_NET_SAMPLES_MY_IPV4_ADDR="192.0.2.1"

CONFIG_NET_SAMPLES_PEER_IPV4_ADDR="192.0.2.2"

CONFIG_UART_PIPE_ON_DEV_NAME="UART_1"

I think this problem is happened because of "CONFIG_UART_PIPE_ON_DEV_NAME".

You can check your echo_server app's connection status by “net shell” after running it.

(e.g.: > select net and conn)

Here is my test scenario.

a.     Run echo_server app on qemu_cortex_m3. (e.g.: make BOARD=qemu_cortex_m3 V=1 DEBUG=1 run)

b.     Send echo message on Host(Linux) (e.g.: $ echo HELLO | nc -u 192.0.2.1 4242)

I hope it'll help you.

Best Regards,

Hyungjun.

Re: [net] net samples not working?

최형준 <hj210.choi@...>

Hello Richard,

>the SLIP-TAP driver seems not to be working in qemu for cortex-m targets,too.

>I can not  get any network traffic between, either between to

>qemu_cortex_m3 targets nor to the PC.

>Has anyone tried networking in qemu with qemu_cortex_m3 target?

I did it and it works well even if it printed some error messages about “net_buf_get_reserve()”.

I used "echo_server" sample app.

>I don't think that this is a configuration problem.

>The SLIP-TAP driver was disabled in the cortex_m3 defconfig.

>I enabled it, but no luck.

>Would be great to get some help on this!

I’ll share the conf file for qemu_cortex_m3 when I tested it.

Please make a file in your PC. (i.e.: zephyr/samples/net/echo_server/prj_qemu_cortex_m3.conf)

“prj_qemu_cortex_m3.conf” file has below configurations.

CONFIG_NETWORKING=y

CONFIG_NET_IPV6=y

CONFIG_NET_IPV4=y

CONFIG_NET_UDP=y

CONFIG_NET_TCP=y

CONFIG_TEST_RANDOM_GENERATOR=y

CONFIG_NET_BUF_LOG=y

CONFIG_SYS_LOG_NET_BUF_LEVEL=2

CONFIG_NET_LOG=y

CONFIG_SYS_LOG_NET_LEVEL=2

CONFIG_NET_SLIP_TAP=y

CONFIG_SYS_LOG_SHOW_COLOR=y

CONFIG_INIT_STACKS=y

CONFIG_PRINTK=y

CONFIG_NET_STATISTICS=y

CONFIG_NET_NBUF_RX_COUNT=14

CONFIG_NET_NBUF_TX_COUNT=14

CONFIG_NET_NBUF_DATA_COUNT=30

CONFIG_NET_IF_UNICAST_IPV6_ADDR_COUNT=3

CONFIG_NET_IF_MCAST_IPV6_ADDR_COUNT=2

CONFIG_NET_MAX_CONTEXTS=10

CONFIG_NET_SHELL=y

CONFIG_NET_SAMPLES_IP_ADDRESSES=y

CONFIG_NET_SAMPLES_MY_IPV6_ADDR="2001:db8::1"

CONFIG_NET_SAMPLES_PEER_IPV6_ADDR="2001:db8::2"

CONFIG_NET_SAMPLES_MY_IPV4_ADDR="192.0.2.1"

CONFIG_NET_SAMPLES_PEER_IPV4_ADDR="192.0.2.2"

CONFIG_UART_PIPE_ON_DEV_NAME="UART_1"

You can check your echo_server app's connection status by “net shell” after running it.

(e.g.: > select net and conn)

Here is my test scenario.

a.     Run echo_server app on qemu_cortex_m3. (e.g.: make BOARD=qemu_cortex_m3 V=1 DEBUG=1 run)

b.     Send echo message on Host(Linux) (e.g.: $ echo HELLO | nc -u 192.0.2.1 4242)

I hope it'll help you.

Best Regards,

Hyungjun.

Re: [net] net samples not working?

Richard Peters <mail@...>

Hello Paul,

So, please join the party - we definitely need more eyes and hands.

the SLIP-TAP driver seems not to be working in qemu for cortex-m
targets,too.
I can not get any network traffic between, either between to
qemu_cortex_m3 targets nor to the PC.

Has anyone tried networking in qemu with qemu_cortex_m3 target?
have submitted a patch for this as my first contribution to an
open-source projekt :-)

[...]

Paul Sokolovsky

[...]

Let me start with saying that I agree that Zephyr networking does have
issues. They say that any bug is shallow given enough eyes, and Zephyr
networking clearly lacks enough eyes. So, I was in about the same
situation as you 2 weeks ago - after working on other things and
holidays, I was back to networking, and trying to do something I faced
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. issue in row. Well, I took care to report
them, fix which I could, research the other, ping other folks who work
on networking, etc. I'm happy to report that after these 2 weeks, I see
visible improvements, thanks to both core team's and contributors'
work.

So, please join the party - we definitely need more eyes and hands.

Please see below.

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 13:39:06 +0100
Richard Peters <mail@richardpeters.de> wrote:

Hi,

the SLIP-TAP driver seems not to be working in qemu for cortex-m
targets,too.
I can not get any network traffic between, either between to
qemu_cortex_m3 targets nor to the PC.

Has anyone tried networking in qemu with qemu_cortex_m3 target?
I did. It didn't work. Looking into that is on my to-do since July last
year. But I find that relatively complex (well, wide) task, and
there're more priority stuff anyway. So, to make qemu_cortex_m3 work,
you'd need to understand: a) basic facts about such networking, that
there should be 2 UARTs, one for console, another for networking; b)
exact details of how QEMU does UART emulation on "output" side (which
connects to POSIX object on a host); c) exact details of a MCU/board
qemu_cortex_m3 emulates, its UART setup, etc.; d) other magic
ingredients.

If you know these points well, I encourage you to look into it. If not,
you can use qemu_x86 for now and there're many more lower-hanging, and
oftentimes more important, tasks.

I don't think that this is a configuration problem.
The SLIP-TAP driver was disabled in the cortex_m3 defconfig.
I enabled it, but no luck.

Would be great to get some help on this!
Re: your other questions from the initial mail: I personally don't go
with testing beyond echo_server application so far. What's the point of
trying MQTT/ZOAP/OCF/whatever if basic TCP and pings don't work? Well,
both are working now, but I'd still recommend to start with playing
well withe echo_server. It should work well now for UDP/TCP * IPv4/IPv6
on QEMU. Just in case, walkthru is here:
https://wiki.zephyrproject.org/view/Networking-with-Qemu .

By all means, file the issues you see, but feel free to have a look
at what's already filed:

https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-1673?jql=project%20%3D%20ZEP%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Networking%20%2F%20IP%20Stack%22%20AND%20status%20!%3D%20Closed

And somebody (well, many people!) need to triage, investigate, then
test solutions for already filed issues too ;-).

Regards,
Richard

Re: Inconsistent and ever-changing device naming in Zephyr

Andy Gross

[...]

Daily Gerrit Digest

donotreply@...

NEW within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10993 : tests/common: Add tests for sys_dlist_*
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/11000 : drivers: Convert FOR_EACH macro instances to use CONTAINER
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10999 : Bluetooth: Convert FOR_EACH macro instances to use CONTAINER
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10998 : net: Convert FOR_EACH macro instances to use CONTAINER
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10997 : kernel: Use SYS_DLIST_FOR_EACH_CONTAINER
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10992 : dlist: Introduce CONTAINER macros
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10996 : Bluetooth: AVDTP: Moving structures to headerfile
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10952 : drivers/net/ieee802154: nRF5 802.15.4 radio driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10953 : samples/net: ieee802154: Add configuration for nrf5
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10956 : build: Separate out prebuilt kernel logic from toplevel
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10954 : samples/net/ieee802154: Update example with nrf5 802.15.4
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10951 : ext: Integrate Nordic's 802.15.4 radio driver into Zephyr
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10950 : ext: Import Nordic 802.15.4 radio driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10991 : eth/mcux: Add temporary workaround to unbreak IPv6 ND features.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10955 : Xtensa port: Allow user to stop simulation using ctrl+c outside sanitycheck.

UPDATED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10881 : sensor/mma865x: Add driver for MMA865x 3 Axis Accelerometer Family
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10927 : tests/slist: Exercise CONTAINER macros
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10926 : slist: Introduce CONTAINER macros
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10684 : driver: mcr20a: cleanup and use semaphore for PHY access
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10685 : drivers: mcr20a: refactor transceiver interrupt processing
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10944 : drivers: Remove unnecessary CONFIG_SYS_POWER_DEEP_SLEEP
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10948 : samples/mbedtls_dtls_client: Fix wild write in entropy_source
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10946 : samples/mbedtls_dtls_client: Use k_uptime_get_32()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10880 : bbc_microbit: Enable MAG3110
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10947 : samples/mbedtls_dtls_server: Use k_uptime_get_32()
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10646 : hexiwear_k64: Add RST board documentation
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/6481 : net: Moved net_if_ipv6_addr_lookup_by_iface() to net_if.c
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/8746 : net: uip: Fix clearing of router solicitation message
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10906 : section_tags.h: cleanup
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10905 : toolchain: gcc.h: add indirection to _GENERIC_SECTION() macro
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10903 : sw_isr_table.h: clean up definition
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10879 : sensor/mag3110: Add mag3110 three axis magnetometer driver.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/6716 : Bluetooth: SDP: Server: Refactor data element structure header
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10920 : kw41z: add base DTS support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10801 : board: add nucleo_l476rg documentation
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10902 : eth/mcux: Add basic PHY support.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10860 : v2m_beetle: uart: Add DTS support to UART driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10859 : v2m_beetle: Add base DTS support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10896 : xtensa: cleanup fatal error handling
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10885 : sysgen: Fixed macro evaluation issue in kernel_main.c with compiling with xcc.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10848 : tinycrypt: Fixed compilation error on Xtensa caused by bad definition of bool.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10882 : bbc_microbit: Enable MMA8653
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10720 : flash/stm32: driver for STM32F4x series
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10854 : cc3200: dts: Add base DTS support for TI CC3200
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10912 : tests: kernel: import obj_tracing test to unified kernel
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10628 : RFC: DTS: Kinetis: Add FRDM_K64F support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10853 : drivers: Add Atmel SAM RTC driver
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10855 : cc3200: Enable device tree usage for CC3200
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10852 : samples: tickless: Sample app for tickless kernel
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10851 : power: tickless: hpet: Stop periodic timer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10850 : power: tickless: Add TICKLESS_KERNEL kconfig option
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/9890 : sys_bitfield*(): use 'void *' instead of memaddr_t
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10804 : net/mqtt: Add support for IBM BlueMix Watson topic format
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10807 : net/mqtt: Add BT support to MQTT publisher sample

MERGED within last 24 hours:
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10994 : net: tcp: Remove multiple checks on nbuf protocol family
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10995 : net: tcp: Remove multiple times of nbuf_compact() call
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10972 : tests: add filesystem api test
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10990 : net: Ref net_buf using net_nbuf_ref
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10973 : Merge net branch into master
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10963 : Merge bluetooth branch into master
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10989 : Bluetooth: Fix incorrect checks for command buffer user data
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10971 : samples: power: Remove mention of specific versions in README
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10964 : kernel: init: use C implementation for STACK_CANARY_INIT
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10962 : xcc: add ccache support
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10966 : samples: net: irc_bot: fix build break
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10968 : samples: net: irc_bot: add testcase.ini
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10967 : samples: net: irc_bot: fix size_t related build warnings
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10959 : net: context: fix net context / net conn leak
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10958 : net: ip: change some error messages to NET_ERR
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10938 : rtc_qmsi: Call QMSI 1.4 context save/restore functions.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10941 : aonpt_qmsi: Call QMSI 1.4 context save/restore functions.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10940 : quark_se_ss: Remove enter_arc_state and use QMSI functions
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10723 : ext qmsi: Update to QMSI 1.4 RC2
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10908 : gpio: Error GPIO_INT with GPIO_DIR_OUT consistently.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10909 : gpio: Error pin out of range consistently.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10910 : gpio: Error unsupported access_op consistently.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/9449 : tests: add systhreads test case
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10888 : doc: add permalinks to document headings
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/6586 : misc: Let the compiler choose whether to omit frame pointer
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10949 : checkpatch: Remove reference to legacy IP stack
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10911 : kernel: Remove redundant TICKLESS_IDLE_SUPPORTED option
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10849 : doc: rename doxygen configuration file and build from doc/
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/9680 : quark_se: Fix restore info address
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/9681 : quark_se: Add shared GDT in RAM memory to linker
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/9682 : quark_d2000: Add shared GDT memory to linker
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/9460 : Bluetooth: AVDTP: Add AVDTP Discover Function Definition
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10894 : doc/net: Add L2 and device driver document
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10841 : net/dns: Fix inline documentation
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10832 : mbedtls: add arduino 101 configuration to ssl client sample
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10904 : tests: remove old ARM vector table test
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10890 : xt-run: don't leave dead emulator processes lying around
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10874 : i2c: Implement consistent i2c no msgs behaviour
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10873 : i2c: Remove unused definition.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10875 : i2c/stm32lx: Fix layout.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10876 : i2c/dw: Switch from EPERM to EIO
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10877 : i2c: Name parameters consistently.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10878 : i2c: Elaborate API return values
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10901 : xt-sim: add support for 'make debug'
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10919 : Xtensa port: Fixed memory corruption in interrupt handler exit function.
- https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/10945 : Xtensa port: Fixed defintion of MAX_HEAP_SIZE, thus, compilation of new_lib.

Re: [net] net samples not working?

Jukka Rissanen

On Wed, 2017-02-08 at 12:39 +0100, Richard Peters wrote:
Sample: echo_server / echo_client

On 'make server' on server side and 'make client' on client side:

Some frames gets sent and received successfully and than my
screen is
flood by these
messages on the client side:

[net/buf] [ERR] net_buf_alloc_debug: net_nbuf_get_reserve():329:
Failed
to get free buffer
You are running out of buffers, please increase the TX/RX/DATA buf
count.
Maybe should this be patched in the out-of-the-box samples?
Sure, can you provide patches?

2nd Problem
===========

Sample: echo_server / echo_client

On 'make BOARD=qemu_cortex_m3 server' on server side and 'make
BOARD=qemu_cortex_m3 client' on both sides:

does not build, because the Makefile contains this line:

CONF_FILE ?= prj_$(BOARD).conf

But there is no prj_qemu_cortex_m3.conf.
Could you provide such a conf file and send a patch?
I hope so, have to fiddle around with this :)

What is the workflow for the other issues?
Should i create tickets in jira?
Yes, creating a tickets in jira is a good idea in this case.

Regards,
Richard

Cheers,
Jukka