Date

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 11/30/2020 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
Monday, 30 November 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 11/30/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When: Monday, 30 November 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Maureen Helm

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 30 November 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten

Agenda

  • Thomas: IAR: Updates ?
  • Zephyr SDK, 0.12 status.
  • GNU ld/binutils dependencies cleanup
    • ALIGN_WITH_INPUT
    • GAP_FILL
  • LLVM toolchain
    • CI integration
    • armclang updates
  • Milestones for 2.5, news

/torsten

Network forum agenda

Jukka Rissanen

Re: building my first project --- can't compile (no _exit)

marty leisner

Thanks....downgrading cmake to 3.18.4 and clearing the cache helped...

marty

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 3:19 AM Alexander Wachter <alexander.wachter@...> wrote:
Hi Marty,

There is a problem with CMake 3.19 and Zephyr. Downgrade CMake and try again.
The related issue is tracked here:

Cheers,
Alex

Am 27.11.2020 um 23:03 schrieb marty leisner <maleisner@...>:

I started with zephyr off the instructions at:

I'm using ubuntu 18.04.

Executing:
west -v build -p auto -b sam_v71b_xult samples/hello_world

compiling empty files can't find _exit -- here's the CMakeError.log.

I followed the instructions twice (removed the first install)

marty

<CMakeError.log>

New Manifest GitHub Action

We've recently merged and enabled a new GitHub Action to help with manifest (west.yml) updates.
The Action runs on every Pull Request and automatically detects any changes made to west.yml, adding labels accordingly and displaying a summary in table form:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30297#issuecomment-734987280

What this means for you if you are a module maintainer or submit updates to module repositories:

- You do not need to manually "link" the PR to the module and the PR to the main tree anymore, this will be done by the GitHub action
- You do not need to set or remove a "DNM" label anymore, this will be done by the action
- You can check if the new revision matches the tip of a branch by checking the comment posted by the action
- Everything else needs to be done just like before, the action will not create Pull Requests for you (yet)

If you are interested in running this action in your own downstream or west-based repository, you can find the relevant info here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/.github/workflows/manifest.yml
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/action-manifest

What is expected behavior of watchdog with WDT_FLAG_RESET_SOC?

Katsuhiro Suzuki

Hello All,

I'm implementing Watchdog driver for HiFive1 Rev.b.
This watchdog can reset SoC immediately when counter is reaching
timeout. It's suitable feature of WDT_FLAG_RESET_SOC.

But tests/drivers/watchdog/wdt_basic_api/ expected to be calling
back the function 'wdt_int_cb0' even if with WDT_FLAG_RESET_SOC.
I think we cannot do that because SoC reset from watchdog is
immediate and not raise interrupt.

Do other boards pass this watchdog test? If so, I have to add
emulated SoC reset codes in interrupt handler of watchdog.

Best Regards,
Katsuhiro Suzuki

[...]

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, 24 November 2020 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 24 November 2020
5:00pm to 6:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Re: Zephyr SDK 0.12.0-beta-2 available for testing

Katsuhiro Suzuki

Hello,

Thanks for great works! I'm trying:
zephyr-toolchain-riscv64-0.12.0-beta-2-x86_64-linux-setup.run

Currently, it works fine for me.

Best Regards,
Katsuhiro Suzuki

On 2020/11/20 2:02, Kumar Gala wrote:
Hi,
Latest version of the SDK can be found here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.12.0-beta-2
Please download and try things out and report any issues. Please report issues here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/issues
Known issues (these are on the Zephyr side):
* some xtensa platforms may need updating w/regards to Zephyr & Xtensa HAL
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23142 ]
* known issue with arm64 and linking C++ & newlib:
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/28650 ]
Changes since the last release (beta-1):
• Enable multilibs for SPARC LEON
• DWARF binutils bug fix
• Update to openocd 20201109 snapshot
Current plan is to release SDK 0.12.0 towards the end of November.
- k

Zephyr SDK 0.12.0-beta-2 available for testing

Latest version of the SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.12.0-beta-2

Please download and try things out and report any issues. Please report issues here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/issues

Known issues (these are on the Zephyr side):

* some xtensa platforms may need updating w/regards to Zephyr & Xtensa HAL
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23142 ]

* known issue with arm64 and linking C++ & newlib:
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/28650 ]

Changes since the last release (beta-1):

• Enable multilibs for SPARC LEON
• DWARF binutils bug fix
• Update to openocd 20201109 snapshot

Current plan is to release SDK 0.12.0 towards the end of November.

- k

Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 11/19/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 19 November 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Nov 19

Kumar Gala

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* scripts: menuconfig: revoke official Windows support

gen_defines: add _RAWSTRING suffix for non-quoted string:

* Any PR/issues w/dev-review tag

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/labels/dev-review

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k

API meeting cancelled today

Due to a conflict I have had to cancel the API meeting today.
Next week we will have the meeting as usual.

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, 17 November 2020 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 17 November 2020
5:00pm to 6:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 11/16/2020 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
Monday, 16 November 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 11/16/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When: Monday, 16 November 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Maureen Helm

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 16 November 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten

Call for today’s Toolchain WG.

Agenda

  • Updates:
    • Thomas: IAR: Updates ?
    • Zephyr SDK.
      • LLVM support
        • compiler-rt.
    • LLVM toolchain – arm updates
    • Milestones for 2.5, news.

Feel free to send a mail, if you would like additional topics to be discussed.

Best regards

Torsten T. Rasmussen

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)

Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Re: RISC-V maintainers and collaborators

Katsuhiro Suzuki

Hello Maureen-san,

Sorry for late, I created PR 30033 that just adds
myself to collaborators.

Katsuhiro Suzuki

On 2020/11/12 5:28, Maureen Helm (OSS) wrote:
Hi Suzuki-san,
Yes, please create a pull request. MAINTAINERS.yml is at the top of the main zephyr tree.
Maureen