Date   

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 01/14/2021 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 14 January 2021, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zero latency interrupt extension for ARMv6-M

Fabio Egg <fegg@...>
 

Hi all,

 

I would like to extend the zero latency interrupt feature to processors with an ARMv6-M architecture such as ARM Cortex M0, M0+ and M1. Is somebody already working on such a feature extension or has some ideas concerning this?

In the following I present a rough concept, how I would implement it. I am open to suggestions.

 

Initial position

The concerning processors have two possibilities to disable exceptions with configurable priorities. First, the Priority Mask core register (PRIMASK), which prevents the activation of all exceptions with configurable priority. Secondly, the Interrupt Clear-Enable register (CLRENA) of the Nested Vector Interrupt Controller that can disable each of the 32 interrupts individually. The PRIMASK is currently used for the IRQ lock of these processors.

 

Suggested solution

To implement a zero latency interrupt on ARMv6-M architecture the locking function has to be complemented by an additional compiler directive (#ifdef). The locking of the interrupts first saves the value of the NVIC_ICER into a shadow register and then clears all interrupts except of the interrupts registered as zero latency interrupt. For the functions that access the NVIC_ICER and NVIC_ISER register, a guard has to be implemented. This guard shall update the shadow register instead of writing to the NVIC_ICER and NVIC_ISER register. To unlock the interrupts, this shadow register will be written to NVIC_ISER and enable the interrupts again.

 

Additional notes

The feature that the IRQ lock is thread specific should not be restricted, since the changes mainly happen in the arch_irq_lock function.

There have to be some rules to prevent an inconsistency with the IRQ priority. The zero latency IRQ has to be registered with the highest interrupt priority available. If multiple zero latency interrupts are registered, they have to be on the same priority. With multiple zero latency IRQ, the zero latency can only be guaranteed, if they are strictly sequential.

 

Regards,

Fabio Egg

 


Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Jan 14

Kumar Gala
 

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* auth: new authentication library
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/31136

* linker: generate memory regions from devicetree partitions #31077
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/31077

* kernel.threads.tls.userspace fails with SDK 0.12.0-beta on ARM Cortex-M
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/30393

* Any PR/issues w/dev-review tag

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/labels/dev-review

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k


v2.5.0 merge window closes Friday, January 22nd

Nashif, Anas
 

Hi,

This is a reminder that the v2.5.0 merge window for new features closes this Friday, 22nd January. After that, only bug fixes and documentation will be merged until the final release is tagged, which is targeted for Friday, February 12th. Exceptions require TSC approval. New feature PRs may still be submitted while the merge window is closed, but please keep in mind that maintainers will have less time to review them during the release stabilization period.

Please add the v2.5.0 milestone to PRs that need to be included in the release, and do not wait until Friday, January 22nd to submit them.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Program-Management

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc+milestone%3Av2.5.0

Please try to help fix bugs, test release candidates, and write release notes to minimize the time the merge window is closed so we can all quickly get back to adding fun new things to Zephyr! 

Thank you for your contributions!

Regards,

Anas Nashif


Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 01/12/2021 5:00pm-6:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 12 January 2021, 5:00pm to 6:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 01/11/2021 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
Monday, 11 January 2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 


Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 01/11/2021 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When: Monday, 11 January 2021, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 


MAINTAINERS file and Pull-Request assignments

Nashif, Anas
 

Hi,

 

Based on various discussions and decisions made last year we introduced the MAINTAINERS file which serves as main place for documenting areas of the Zephyr code base and the respective maintainers and collaborators of those areas.

The goal has been to identify all key areas and the maintainers of those areas and use robots (CI) to add reviewers and labels and add assignees for each pull request submitted to the Zephyr project to accelerate reviews and bring pull requests to a mergable state. Assignees in the context will be responsible for driving a pull request to a mergeable state. (for example, getting the required 2 approvals, helping contributors with the code changes, deal with stale reviews, etc.)

 

For more information, see https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/project_roles.html?highlight=maintainers#teams-and-supporting-activities

 

Some of you have noticed over the last week pull-requests being assigned to you by *zephyr-bot*. This was a first attempt to deal with all open pull-requests and set the right assignee and add reviewers based on the data in the MAINTAINERS file. This activity was done manually using a script.

 

The plan is to integrate this as a Github action and set assignee and add reviewers for new pull requests, something that will happen by the end of this week.

 

Please help us improve this process and the data in the MAINTAINERS file:

  • Review the PRs that were assigned to you and let us know if you think something was incorrectly assigned to you.
  • Review the MAINTAINERS file and examine the areas you are responsible for and add any missing paths
  • Review PRs where you were added as reviewers and report any issues

 

We are already aware of some issues with adding reviewers where already existing reviewer were added or removed by mistake. This was fixed already in the script.

 

The baseline for the assignments was this PR https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/31101. This PR already has some significant changes, and it should be merged soon.

 

Use slack or reply to this email if you have any questions or concerns.

 

Regards,

Anas Nashif

 


Re: Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, 7 January 2021 #cal-cancelled

Kumar Gala
 

Sorry for the late notice, but canceled this weeks (Jan 7th) dev-review meeting as there are no PRs flagged for discussion

- k

On Jan 7, 2021, at 9:21 AM, devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@lists.zephyrproject.org> wrote:

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 7 January 2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options


________________________________________________________________________________


<Mail Attachment.ics><invite.ics>


Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, 7 January 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 7 January 2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 01/05/2021 5:00pm-6:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 5 January 2021, 5:00pm to 6:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Hi Steven,

 

Your PRs do not modify existing APIs or add any new ones, from what I can tell after a quick look.

You can either wait for reviews, or bring those up at the dev-review meeting on Thursday.

 

Check this link for a full meeting schedule:

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/calendar

 

Carles

 

From: Steven Riedl <steve@...>
Sent: 05 January 2021 16:52
To: Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...>
Cc: devel@...; users@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] API meeting: Agenda

 

Question?

 

Would my two driver addition PR be in this meeting? If not could you direct me to the appropriate call/place?

 

 

--

Steven Riedl

(404) 205-9487

Skype: sriedl

 

"so you have a vested interest in maintaining the inefficient status quo" G. Niemeijer

 

 

 

 



On Jan 5, 2021, at 10:44 AM, Carles Cufi via lists.zephyrproject.org <carles.cufi=nordicsemi.no@...> wrote:

 

One extra item to the agenda:

- drivers: eeprom: mark the EEPROM API as stable
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/31076


-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 05 January 2021 13:08
To: devel@...; users@...
Subject: API meeting: Agenda

Hi all,

Agenda for today, taken from the Triage column in the project.

- API to correlate system time with external time sources and translate
uptime to wall-clock time
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28977
- drivers: gpio: Combined drive strength flags
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30331
- drivers: pwm: add functions for capturing pwm pulse width and period
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/26025

If you have additional items please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40threa
d.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-
b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-
5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-
Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles





 


Re: API meeting: Agenda

Steven Riedl
 

Question?

Would my two driver addition PR be in this meeting? If not could you direct me to the appropriate call/place?


--
Steven Riedl
(404) 205-9487
Skype: sriedl

"so you have a vested interest in maintaining the inefficient status quo" G. Niemeijer






On Jan 5, 2021, at 10:44 AM, Carles Cufi via lists.zephyrproject.org <carles.cufi=nordicsemi.no@...> wrote:

One extra item to the agenda:

- drivers: eeprom: mark the EEPROM API as stable
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/31076

-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 05 January 2021 13:08
To: devel@...; users@...
Subject: API meeting: Agenda

Hi all,

Agenda for today, taken from the Triage column in the project.

- API to correlate system time with external time sources and translate
uptime to wall-clock time
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28977
- drivers: gpio: Combined drive strength flags
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30331
- drivers: pwm: add functions for capturing pwm pulse width and period
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/26025

If you have additional items please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40threa
d.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-
b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-
5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-
Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles







Zephyr: Networking Forum - Tue, 01/05/2021 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Networking Forum

When: Tuesday, 5 January 2021, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: tsc@...

Description:


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi
 

One extra item to the agenda:

- drivers: eeprom: mark the EEPROM API as stable
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/31076

-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 05 January 2021 13:08
To: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org; users@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: API meeting: Agenda

Hi all,

Agenda for today, taken from the Triage column in the project.

- API to correlate system time with external time sources and translate
uptime to wall-clock time
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28977
- drivers: gpio: Combined drive strength flags
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30331
- drivers: pwm: add functions for capturing pwm pulse width and period
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/26025

If you have additional items please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40threa
d.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-
b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-
5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-
Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles


Re: [Zephyr-users] Network forum agenda

Jukka Rissanen
 

Hi all,

I am cancelling todays (5 Jan) Network forum meeting as there is no
topics to discuss.


Cheers,
Jukka

On Mon, 2021-01-04 at 09:51 +0200, Jukka Rissanen wrote:
Hi all,

There is a network forum meeting tomorrow Tue 5 Jan at 8AM PST /
17.00
CET.

Currently the agenda is empty, so if there is anything network
related
topics you want to discuss, please let me know.


Live Agenda/Minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qFsOpvbyLzhflJbbv4Vl__497pKHDoUCy9hjAveyCX0/edit?usp=sharing

Shared Folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j6d0FLeOjiMil1Ellb59AsfHdzuWdAAc?usp=sharing

___________________________________________________________
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting (
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d
)
+1 321-558-6518 ( tel:+1 321-558-6518,,458216365# ) United States,
Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers (
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/325d775d-c910-441e-90d0-353ebaa56cdd?id=458216365
) | Reset PIN ( https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing ) |
Learn
more about Teams ( https://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting ) | Meeting
options
(
https://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8&tenantId=af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2&threadId=19_meeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw@thread.v2&messageId=0&language=en-US
)


Cheers,
Jukka







API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Adding support for x-nucleo-bnrg2a1 BLE shield

wim yedema <wim.yedema@...>
 

Hi All,

I'm working on adding support for the X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 ST shield. This would extend the implementation of X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1. The BNRG2A1 shield uses a newer version of the BlueNRG SPI interface, there is overlap, but there are significant differences. Enough that I need to change the implementation of the bt_spi_rx_thread and bt_spi_send. 
I am more than happy to make those changes, but I am unable to test them. How should I go about making these changes? Is anyone willing to test this for me?

Regards,
Wim Yedema

661 - 680 of 8190