Date

Cancelled Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Monday, 5 April 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Monday, 5 April 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Re: how to describe a peripheral with power enable pin

Peter A. Bigot

The regulators API was designed for this purpose.  For a simple GPIO you should just be able to use a supply-gpios property in the devicetree node.  See https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/peripherals/regulators.html

Peter

how to describe a peripheral with power enable pin

Rafael Dias

Hi!
I'm starting with ZephyrProject and I'm playing with the development kit slstk3401a.

After implementing a very basic blinky app, I decided to use the si7021 sensor present at the board. I wrote an .overlay file with the definition of an I2C bus that is connected to the sensor but I'd like  also to define the GPIO that enables/disables the sensor operation. Bellow I share the circuit connection:

slstk3401a_tempsensor.png
And here is my overlay:

/ {
};

&i2c0 {
        status = "okay";
        si7021@40{
                compatible = "silabs,si7006";
                reg = <0x40>;
                label = "Si7021";
                status = "okay";

Well, I don't know how to define the SENSOR_ENABLE pin at device three. I tried everything:
  • include a section called "resources":
/ {
resources {
power_en {
status = "okay";
compatible = "gpio-leds";
Si7021_power: Si7021_pwd0 {
gpios = <&gpiod 9 0>;
label = "Si7021_pwr";

  • include the section "resources" without "power_en":
/ {
resources {
status = "okay";
compatible = "gpio-leds";
Si7021_power: Si7021_pwd0 {
gpios = <&gpiod 9 0>;
label = "Si7021_pwr";

With these nodes, my firmware compiles, but when I call the function device_get_binding , I get a NULL return.

I solved this by the following code:
	const struct device* gpiod = device_get_binding( DT_LABEL( DT_NODELABEL( gpiod ) ) );
if (NULL == gpiod )
{
printf( "Could not get gpiod port\n" );
return;
} rc = gpio_pin_configure(gpiod, 9, GPIO_OUTPUT_ACTIVE | GPIO_OUTPUT_INIT_HIGH );
if (rc < 0) {
printk("Failed to configure gpio pin\n");
return;
}

I don't know, but I think that it isn't the beautiful way to do this.

Does anyone have advice on how to do this?

best regards,

--
Rafael Dias Menezes
tel.:

Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Apr 1

Bolivar, Marti

Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 04/01/2021 3:00pm-4:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 1 April 2021, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

zephyr2.7/SIL compliance

Laurence Pasteau

Hi all,

If I correctly undestand, the next LTS has been delayed to 2.7.
I am interested in SIL compliance of zephyr OS and I have noticed that the next LTS will be partially SIL3 compliant here :

I wonder if there is still an ongoing process to achieve SIL3 and if there is scope or/and planning updates about information given in the blog post.
How can I stay up to date about Safety subject ?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Laurence

---

Laurence Pasteau

1 Avenue du Professeur Jean Rouxel, ZAC de la Fleuriaye, 44470 Carquefou

www.stimio.fr

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Apr 1

Kumar Gala

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

Add support for setting function properties using Doxygen

RFC: memory regions from devicetree & explicit code locations

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/labels/dev-review

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k

Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 03/30/2021 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 30 March 2021, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi

Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 03/25/2021 3:00pm-4:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 25 March 2021, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Mar 25

Kumar Gala

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

docs: some cleanup and improvements

doc: new look and feel

docs: enable Algolia based search

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/labels/dev-review

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k

Re: Patch contribution tips

Carles Cufi

Hey Raúl,

The issue with your PR has nothing to do with twister.

The issue is that you have lines in your commit message that exceed the maximum length permitted.

In order to fix that, just do:

$ git commit –amend

<split the lines>

$ git push -f origin

8: UC4 Line exceeds max length (182>72): "nucleo_g0b1re.dts.pre.tmp:1749.36-1752.5: Warning (unit_address_format): /soc/flash-controller@40022000/flash@8000000/partitions/partition@0C000: unit name should not have leading 0s"

259: UC4 Line exceeds max length (146>72): "warning: unit address and first address in 'reg' (0x3e000) don't match for /soc/flash-controller@40022000/flash@8000000/partitions/partition@31000"