Date

LittleFS on SD card

Benedikt Schmidt

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to implement a little fs on a SD card. I even got it running already, but only with a nasty hack. I'm fetching the device with device_get_binding, casting the const away and set the API. This works most of the time, but sometimes this setting gets overriden again. Which is absolutely fine, removing const from the return value is a subtle hint that you are doing something wrong ;-).

Now I would like to go for a proper solution and before I push a pull request I would like to ask if it has a chance to get approved upstream at all.

My proposal is reusing the already existing properties lfs_config.read, lfs_config.prog and  lfs_config.erase. If they are already set, do not override them in littlefs_mount. On top of that I would also have to handle the calls to flash_area_open, flash_area_get_device, ... and so on differently. Maybe providing them as properties of lfs_config as well?

As you can see, I'm not really dead sure which would be the best approach, therefore I would be glad about inputs which changes have a chance to get approved for upstream.

Benedikt Schmidt
Embedded Software Engineer
SILA Embedded Solutions GmbH
Framsweg 16
6020 Innsbruck
Austria
+43 512 319492
www.embedded-solutions.at
FN 408741s, HG St. Pölten

LittleFS doesn't read from image #nvs

Daniel O <dsoliveira@...>

Edited

Hi there,

**************************

Update (7/7/21):

For some reason, I can't read the file unless I create a second one. After that I can read the first file but not the second file and so on. The new file could be empty.

*****************************

I created an image on Ubuntu as described in Littlefs-fuse, with a simple TXT file just for testing and flashed it image at the correct uC's memory address.
If I create a new file in runtime, I can write and read the content easily. However, for some reason, I cannot read the TXT file content.
The function fs_open(&file, fname_txt, FS_O_READ); returns 0, which means it found the file, but the fs_read(&file, &buffer, sizeof(buffer)); returns 0 and the buffer array is empty.

I guess it could be some image's configuration, but I can't figure it out.
Someone have experience something similar?

Thank you

Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 07/05/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
07/05/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#

Re: Problem when flashing nrf52840dk_nrf52840

lairdjm

Hi Omar,

Have you updated to the latest version of the nRF command line tools from https://www.nordicsemi.com/Software-and-Tools/Development-Tools/nRF-Command-Line-Tools and can you try manually using them from a command prompt, e.g. nrfjprog -f NRF52 --memrd 0x1000

If you have an nRF52832 board attached, you cannot flash an nRF52840 project, you would need an nRF52840 development board/kit.

Thanks,
Jamie

Thursday, July 1, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

stm32: DMA: driver bindings new packaging

Francois RAMU

Hi all,

I'd like to inform STM32   DMA  users  that I'm pushing a change [1] to simplify the definition of the <dma—cells> properties for dma peripherals of the stm32 MCUs.

This change now proposes 3 versions of the dma plus the dmamux in the dts and selects the nb of elements for the <dma-cells>

It depends on the type of DMA instance of the stm32 MCU (from Ref. Man). With this :

DMA V1 : DMA with FIFO control

à the <dma-cells>   has 4 elements : ‘channel’, ‘slot’, ‘channel-config’, ‘feature’

for example on stm32F4 or stm32F2 MCUs

DMA V2 : DMA without FIFO control and selectable request for each channel

à  the <dma-cells>   has 3 elements : : ‘channel’, ‘slot’, ‘channel-config’

for example on stm32L4xx or stm32L0xx MCUs

DMA  V2bis : DMA without FIFO control and fixed request (slot) for each channel

à the <dma-cells>   has 2 elements : : ‘channel’,  ‘channel-config’

 For stm32L1 and stm32F1   MCUs

DMAMUX   multiplexing DMA channels : like a DMA V2

à does not require ‘feature’ parameter

For example on stm32G4 or stm32WB   MCUs

Benefit is to remove unused parameters in the DTS and simply the structure of the dma peripherals.

To declare a new peripheral client of the DMA, the version of the DMA must be first identify, according to the stm32  Ref Manual.

Then the <dma-cells> properties is filled with :

‘channel’ to select a free DMA channel for transfer

‘slot’ to select the peripheral request in DMA V1 or DMA V2 or DMAMUX versions

‘channel-config’,  to configure the dma channel

‘feature’  for configuring the FIFO in DMA V1 versions

This change will be hopefully integrated in the next Zephyr DV that will be released in October ‘21.

Cheers

FRASTM

[1] https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/34666

Re: stm32 quadrature decoder general purpose timer functionality

Matias N.

I thought I sent an answer but I don't see it here so I'll send again.

Thanks for the reply. What I was looking for is a way that could be acceptable for merging upstream, if possible.
So should I add a special binding for STM32 decoder functionality? Or what would be the preferred way?

Best,
Matias

Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 06/29/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
06/29/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

RFC: API Change: Mesh: Add return value for opcode callback

Michal Narajowski

Hello,

I would like to inform you that I started a Stable API Change procedure regarding Mesh: Add return value for opcode callback. Here is the link to the RFC issue:

API meeting: agenda

Alexander Wachter

Hi all,

Items for today`s API meeting:

Stable API changes

- RFC: Flash area changes #34530 (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/34530)

- Bluetooth: Mesh: Add return value for opcode callback #34606 (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/34606)

- Bluetooth: gatt: Add option to read multiple without variable length #36281 (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36281)

API enhancement items:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3A[…]esc+label%3AEnhancement+no%3Aassignee+label%3A%22area%3A+API%22

If you have additional items, please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/g/devel/calendar

Alex

Happening Now: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 06/28/2021 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
06/28/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 06/28/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
06/28/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Save data files in flash memory #nvs

Daniel O <dsoliveira@...>

Hi there,

I want to save some files (txt, html, etc) in flash memory so I can access them later using the filesystem.

I know how to access the flash memory (as described in samples/fs), however my question is how to save the files in flash?

Have someone tried something similar?