Date   

Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - 07/15/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When:
07/15/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Dev-Review Meeting Agenda July 15th

Kumar Gala
 

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/34706

drivers: flash partition support:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36979

Add reserved-memory support:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/35460

linker: aarch32: automatic derivation of region names from devicetree nodes:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36365

Plus anything anyone else has.

- k


doubt regarding console

Rafael Dias
 

I'm starting to work with the modem SIM7000.
To do this, I'm using a B-L475E-IOT01A with the DF Robots SIM7000 arduino expansion shield.
Well, I'd like to exercise the AT commands before integrate it into the device driver. Are there some mechanism to enable the terminal on the IoT node board, enable the serial port between the iot node board and the SIM7000 expansion shield, control the GPIOs to turn on/off  and verify the modem status and etc?

Is this done only programmatically?

best regards and thank in advance
Rafael Dias


Re: Kernel ticks

Greg Shue
 

Related question:

 

For long-lived battery powered devices a sys tick rate of 100HZ may burn _way_ too much energy.  How slow a sys-tick is supported (1 Hz, 0.5 Hz?) before having to go tickles?

 

Regards,

Greg

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Raj Gundi via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2021 8:41 AM
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Kernel ticks

 

Hi All,

 

I see that the kernel tick is decided by the value given to SYS_CLOCK_TICKS_PER_SEC. For most of the applications, the kernel tick is configured for 1ms or 10ms (corresponding to a value of 1000 or 100 for SYS_CLOCK_TICKS_PER_SEC). I am wondering if it is possible to go below 1ms. I mean, if we have got a very powerful processor, there may be requirements to have something like a 100us tick (considering all trade-offs). Does Zephyr kernel support such requirements?

 

Appreciate any inputs. Thanks in advance.

 

Regards,

Raj



Ce message, ainsi que tous les fichiers joints à ce message, peuvent contenir des informations sensibles et/ ou confidentielles ne devant pas être divulguées. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message (ou que vous recevez ce message par erreur), nous vous remercions de le notifier immédiatement à son expéditeur, et de détruire ce message. Toute copie, divulgation, modification, utilisation ou diffusion, non autorisée, directe ou indirecte, de tout ou partie de ce message, est strictement interdite.
Se désabonner: Si vous souhaitez être retiré de notre liste de diffusion, s'il vous plaît envoyer vos coordonnées à CASL.unsubscribe@... et indiquer quels sont les messages que vous ne souhaitez plus recevoir.


This e-mail, and any document attached hereby, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized, direct or indirect, copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of the material or parts thereof is strictly forbidden.
Unsubscribe: If you would like to be removed from our mailing list, please send your contact information to CASL.unsubscribe@... and indicate what messages you no longer wish to receive.


Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 07/13/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
07/13/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Time-permitting:

- drivers: spi: Use timeout for transfer completion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/33230

Carles

-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 13 July 2021 14:47
To: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org
Cc: Ermel, Dominik <Dominik.Ermel@nordicsemi.no>;
krzysztof.kopyscinski@codecoup.pl; michal.narajowski@codecoup.pl; Snekvik,
Trond <Trond.Einar.Snekvik@nordicsemi.no>; johan.hedberg@intel.com
Subject: API meeting: agenda

Hi all,

Agenda for today.

- GATT Read Multiple
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/36544

- Mesh: Add return value for opcode callback
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/36435

- Partition ID generation
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/36517

- Flash: New API to access flash information
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/36485

If you have additional items please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40threa
d.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-
b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-
5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/g/devel/calendar
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18

Minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit#

Regards,

Carles


API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Re: Kernel ticks

pawel.dunaj@...
 

Hi,
Yes. Even the defaults suggest that as you get default 10000 if TICKLESS_KERNEL.
But for cooperative threads it does not really matter as these are not preempted with timeslice. The only visible benefit is shorter sleep time.
Regard,


Kernel ticks

Raj Gundi
 

Hi All,

 

I see that the kernel tick is decided by the value given to SYS_CLOCK_TICKS_PER_SEC. For most of the applications, the kernel tick is configured for 1ms or 10ms (corresponding to a value of 1000 or 100 for SYS_CLOCK_TICKS_PER_SEC). I am wondering if it is possible to go below 1ms. I mean, if we have got a very powerful processor, there may be requirements to have something like a 100us tick (considering all trade-offs). Does Zephyr kernel support such requirements?

 

Appreciate any inputs. Thanks in advance.

 

Regards,

Raj


Now: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 07/12/2021 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
07/12/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 


Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 07/12/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
07/12/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 


West Flash python dependency issue

Srinivasan Tamilarasan
 

Hi Guys,

When I try flash my custom board using west –verbose flash command, I am getting below python dependency error. Can you help me to resolve this issue?

 

-- west flash: using runner jlink.

FATAL ERROR: verbose mode enabled, dumping stack:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "c:\python39\lib\runpy.py", line 197, in _run_module_as_main

    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,

  File "c:\python39\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code

    exec(code, run_globals)

  File "C:\Python39\Scripts\west.exe\__main__.py", line 7, in <module>

  File "c:\python39\lib\site-packages\west\app\main.py", line 779, in main

    app.run(argv or sys.argv[1:])

  File "c:\python39\lib\site-packages\west\app\main.py", line 106, in run

    self.run_command(argv)

  File "c:\python39\lib\site-packages\west\app\main.py", line 338, in run_command

    self.run_extension(args.command, argv)

  File "c:\python39\lib\site-packages\west\app\main.py", line 408, in run_extension

    command.run(args, unknown, self.topdir, manifest=self.manifest)

  File "c:\python39\lib\site-packages\west\commands.py", line 132, in run

    self.do_run(args, unknown)

  File "D:\BIDC\Development\3_IPC\zephyr\zephyr\scripts\west_commands\flash.py", line 29, in do_run

    do_run_common(self, my_args, runner_args)

  File "D:\BIDC\Development\3_IPC\zephyr\zephyr\scripts/west_commands\run_common.py", line 228, in do_run_common

    runner.run(command_name)

  File "D:\BIDC\Development\3_IPC\zephyr\zephyr\scripts/west_commands\runners\core.py", line 509, in run

    self.do_run(command, **kwargs)

  File "D:\BIDC\Development\3_IPC\zephyr\zephyr\scripts/west_commands\runners\jlink.py", line 183, in do_run

    raise RuntimeError('one or more Python dependencies were missing; '

RuntimeError: one or more Python dependencies were missing; see the getting started guide for details on how to fix.

 

Regards,

Srinivasan                                                                      


Re: LittleFS doesn't read from image #nvs

Daniel O <danielso.91@...>
 
Edited

Solved!

For those who are facing the same problem: LittleFS can't read last file created #36775


Re: Zephyr Dev Summit Blog

Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>
 

Hi All:

The next batch of videos were posted today and Tuesday. Please see below. 



Thanks!
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
Senior PR Manager
The Linux Foundation 
ELISA, Open Mainframe Project, Zephyr Project
(602) 541-0356
@Maemalynn




On Jul 2, 2021, at 8:04 AM, Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...> wrote:

HI All:

All of the Device Management videos from the Zephyr Dev Summit were posted. You can find the blog here: https://www.zephyrproject.org/device-management/.

Other blogs/videos previously posted:

You can also find the videos on our Youtube Channel in the Zephyr Developer Summit Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzRQULb6-ipG39tVb-DEkIoSS5wQlbK6i

Next week, we’ll be posting videos related to Virtualization and Memory Isolation videos as well as Boards, Configurations and Hardware Interaction. 

Have a wonderful weekend!
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
Senior PR Manager
The Linux Foundation 
ELISA, Open Mainframe Project, Zephyr Project
(602) 541-0356
@Maemalynn






Getting internet connectivity to nRF5340dk

Brenton Chetty
 

Hi, I am attempting to connect my nRF5340dk to an online kapua server using MQTT.

I managed to use qemu to successfully connect to the server using protobufs.

My end goal is to use a separate GSM module to gain internet access, but If it wouldn't be too difficult, I would like to connect my nRF5340dk to an external network using my PC internet connection, via slip (USB) or any other approach. I know it's possible with RIOT-OS, but I'm new to Zephyr so I don't know how to go about implementing it

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

With thanks
Brenton


Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, July 8, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, July 8, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 07/06/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
07/06/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


API meeting: agenda

Alexander Wachter
 

Hi all,

Seems that nobody is driving the meeting today, so I'll take over again.

Items for today`s API meeting:

Stable API changes

- API Change: Flash: New API to access flash information #36485 (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/36485)

- Bluetooth: Mesh: Add return value for opcode callback #34606 (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/34606)

- Bluetooth: gatt: Add option to read multiple without variable length #36281 (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36281)


API enhancement items:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3A[…]esc+label%3AEnhancement+no%3Aassignee+label%3A%22area%3A+API%22


Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/g/devel/calendar
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


Regards,

Alex


Event: Zephyr: Networking Forum - 07/06/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Networking Forum

When:
07/06/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: tsc@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


LittleFS on SD card

Benedikt Schmidt
 

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to implement a little fs on a SD card. I even got it running already, but only with a nasty hack. I'm fetching the device with device_get_binding, casting the const away and set the API. This works most of the time, but sometimes this setting gets overriden again. Which is absolutely fine, removing const from the return value is a subtle hint that you are doing something wrong ;-).

Now I would like to go for a proper solution and before I push a pull request I would like to ask if it has a chance to get approved upstream at all.

My proposal is reusing the already existing properties lfs_config.read, lfs_config.prog and  lfs_config.erase. If they are already set, do not override them in littlefs_mount. On top of that I would also have to handle the calls to flash_area_open, flash_area_get_device, ... and so on differently. Maybe providing them as properties of lfs_config as well?

As you can see, I'm not really dead sure which would be the best approach, therefore I would be glad about inputs which changes have a chance to get approved for upstream.

Regards,

--

Benedikt Schmidt
Embedded Software Engineer
SILA Embedded Solutions GmbH
Framsweg 16
6020 Innsbruck
Austria
+43 512 319492
www.embedded-solutions.at
FN 408741s, HG St. Pölten

301 - 320 of 8183