devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr Dev environment kickoff meeting

When:
Friday, July 30, 2021
2:00pm to 3:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: tsc@...

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,943776726#   United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 943 776 726#

Re: Issue when log2, printk and assert together

Srinivasan Tamilarasan

Hi Krzysztof,

Ok. Thank you for the support.

Regards,

Srinivasan

Od: Srinivasan Tamilarasan <Srinivasan.Tamilarasan@...>
Wysłane: piątek, 23 lipca 2021 09:15
Do: Chruściński, Krzysztof <Krzysztof.Chruscinski@...>; devel@... <devel@...>
Temat: RE: Issue when log2, printk and assert together

Hi Krzysztof,

The build error is due to our internal logic. Now the build error got resolved and working fine.

But the warning “__ASSERT() statements are globally ENABLED” I am getting always.

How to resolve this warning?

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Srinivasan

[External Email]: This email arrived from an external source - Please exercise caution when opening any attachments or clicking on links.

Hi,

just tried it in hello_world and it compiles fine with configuration you've provided. Can you make sure that CBPRINTF_STATIC_PACKAGE_CHECK_ALIGNMENT is not set (it should be disabled by CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK).

regards,

Krzysztof

Od: Srinivasan Tamilarasan <Srinivasan.Tamilarasan@...>
Wysłane: piątek, 23 lipca 2021 08:16
Do: Chruściński, Krzysztof <Krzysztof.Chruscinski@...>; devel@... <devel@...>

Hi,

I have cherry picked below 2 commits to zephyr2.6 branch and build it.

Then I have included the macros CONFIG_LOG=y , CONFIG_LOG2_MODE_DEFERRED=y, CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK=y and CONFIG_ASSERT=y. Then the build error got resolved and got below warning,

__ASSERT() statements are globally ENABLED

After that I have added below statement in my application,

__ASSERT(0, "ERRROR:Line:%d,File:%s\n", line, file);

Then again I am getting build error same like before the fix.

Is this issue completely resolved in the rtos? If it is any other commits do I need to take to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Srinivasan

Od: devel@... <devel@...> w imieniu użytkownika Srinivasan Tamilarasan via lists.zephyrproject.org <srinivasan.tamilarasan=onsemi.com@...>
Wysłane: środa, 21 lipca 2021 14:23
Do: devel@... <devel@...>
Temat: [Zephyr-devel] Issue when log2, printk and assert together

Hi all,

When enable CONFIG_LOG2_MODE_DEFERRED=y, CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK=y and CONFIG_ASSERT=y flag. I am getting the build error even there is no log/assert messages are used.

PFA of cmake error log.

But when I change to old method CONFIG_LOG_MODE_DEFERRED=y then there is no build error.

Can anyone help me to resolve this error?

Idea is I need to use both assert and log together in the same project and printk messages needs to route via logging subsystem.

Regards,

Srinivasan

ODP: Issue when log2, printk and assert together

Chruściński, Krzysztof

Od: devel@... <devel@...> w imieniu użytkownika Srinivasan Tamilarasan via lists.zephyrproject.org <srinivasan.tamilarasan=onsemi.com@...>
Wysłane: środa, 21 lipca 2021 14:23
Do: devel@... <devel@...>

Hi all,

When enable CONFIG_LOG2_MODE_DEFERRED=y, CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK=y and CONFIG_ASSERT=y flag. I am getting the build error even there is no log/assert messages are used.

PFA of cmake error log.

But when I change to old method CONFIG_LOG_MODE_DEFERRED=y then there is no build error.

Can anyone help me to resolve this error?

Idea is I need to use both assert and log together in the same project and printk messages needs to route via logging subsystem.

Regards,

Srinivasan

Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda July 22th

Bolivar, Marti

Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - 07/22/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When:
07/22/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda July 22th

Kumar Gala

linker: aarch32: automatic derivation of region names from devicetree nodes:

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/34706

Plus anything anyone else has.

- k

Developer Experience WG kickoff, Doodle

Jonathan Beri

Hi all,

During the Developer Summit there was a great session on developer environments and we decided to kickoff a Developer Experience WG (see RFC here.) We want to have broad input so the group is open to the community. We're planning a kickoff event and since scheduling is hard, there's a Doodle. Please add your availability by July 23, 12pm PT.

Looking forward to improving the overall experience of Zephyr, together!

Od: devel@... <devel@...> w imieniu użytkownika Srinivasan Tamilarasan via lists.zephyrproject.org <srinivasan.tamilarasan=onsemi.com@...>
Wysłane: środa, 21 lipca 2021 14:23
Do: devel@... <devel@...>

[...]

API meeting cancelled today

I cancelled the API meeting today, due to holidays and lack of urgent issues to discuss.

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, July 20, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 07/19/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
07/19/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#

Re: Zephyr Dev Summit videos

Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>

Hi all:

The ecosystem and cloud videos were published this week. Please see below.

There are a few additional videos (overviews or re-takes) that will be published next week but the bulk of them are now live. You can view them on the blog or watch them on Youtube.

All Zephyr Developer Summit blog content can be found here: https://www.zephyrproject.org/category/zephyr-developer-summit/

Thanks,
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
Senior PR Manager
The Linux Foundation
ELISA, Open Mainframe Project, Zephyr Project
(602) 541-0356
@Maemalynn

On Jul 8, 2021, at 12:11 PM, Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...> wrote:

Hi All:

The next batch of videos were posted today and Tuesday. Please see below.

Thanks!
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
Senior PR Manager
The Linux Foundation
ELISA, Open Mainframe Project, Zephyr Project
(602) 541-0356
@Maemalynn

On Jul 2, 2021, at 8:04 AM, Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...> wrote:

HI All:

All of the Device Management videos from the Zephyr Dev Summit were posted. You can find the blog here: https://www.zephyrproject.org/device-management/.

Other blogs/videos previously posted:

You can also find the videos on our Youtube Channel in the Zephyr Developer Summit Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzRQULb6-ipG39tVb-DEkIoSS5wQlbK6i

Next week, we’ll be posting videos related to Virtualization and Memory Isolation videos as well as Boards, Configurations and Hardware Interaction.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
Senior PR Manager
The Linux Foundation
ELISA, Open Mainframe Project, Zephyr Project
(602) 541-0356
@Maemalynn

Re: Contributing with custom sensor driver

Zephyr is an open source project. Anyone can send a Pull Request and get their code merged into the main branch. The fact that many contributions come from companies does not mean that individuals do not contribute, they do in large numbers.

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/index.html

I wanted to ask what is your policy on adding new sensor drivers to the project repository.
Let's say I've created a driver to a sensor that is currently not supported by the Zephyr system. Are you accepting pull requests with such drivers? Or maybe you want to keep only selected sensor drivers in the main repository? Do I need to be the chip manufacturer to push the driver? Because as far as I see, majority of the drivers that are currently in the repository are licensed by Intel, NXP or other big companies.

Best regards,
morsisko

Contributing with custom sensor driver

morsisko

Hello,

I wanted to ask what is your policy on adding new sensor drivers to the project repository.
Let's say I've created a driver to a sensor that is currently not supported by the Zephyr system. Are you accepting pull requests with such drivers? Or maybe you want to keep only selected sensor drivers in the main repository? Do I need to be the chip manufacturer to push the driver? Because as far as I see, majority of the drivers that are currently in the repository are licensed by Intel, NXP or other big companies.

Best regards,
morsisko

Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda July 15th

Bolivar, Marti

Minutes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15KUINNj7Re0GQiWYpqKvO5jgDw8oiQv3SGJfNHGaPOU/edit?pli=1#heading=h.xuqvp7a5nn9s

We didn't have time to get to anything besides the first topic today.

"Kumar Gala via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<kumar.gala=linaro.org@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fissues%2F34706&;data=04%7C01%7Cmarti.bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7Cab039ca82b974bd5a33a08d9478cd8ce%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637619494401999053%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=IKISlh8VtbN762kmo0cHHdKvZaVCUm7UX1XQwaKyq6c%3D&amp;reserved=0

drivers: flash partition support:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F36979&;data=04%7C01%7Cmarti.bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7Cab039ca82b974bd5a33a08d9478cd8ce%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637619494402009001%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=1uoVmqCDbKs5t3mnCMq7wt6NQ2Pi7m0t4e50jn8HLn0%3D&amp;reserved=0

Add reserved-memory support:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F35460&;data=04%7C01%7Cmarti.bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7Cab039ca82b974bd5a33a08d9478cd8ce%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637619494402009001%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=mShDhNhCXm3lrnvMoG3pTrUiTjQrySQ837hRaTkQ9YY%3D&amp;reserved=0

linker: aarch32: automatic derivation of region names from devicetree nodes:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F36365&;data=04%7C01%7Cmarti.bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7Cab039ca82b974bd5a33a08d9478cd8ce%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637619494402009001%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=dqcR7p3gC5iQSwGiACemC4RX1frhW1VT1lxLpGfMO%2Fc%3D&amp;reserved=0

Plus anything anyone else has.