Date

Moving from Slack to Discord

As voted during the TSC meeting on the 11th of August this year, the Zephyr Project is transitioning from Slack to Discord for real-time chat.
This transition will take place starting today, and the following steps have been taken already:

- Zephyr's new Discord server is up and running
- The new address for joining Zephyr's chat (i.e. Discord) is https://chat.zephyrproject.org/
- A subset of the existing Slack channels has been re-created in Discord. If you require additional channels to be created please contact the #discord channel in Discord itself
- An automated message will warn users on Slack about the transition so that they are informed.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eHxigBEO1dDiq1O8IP5wX807CtLphh60Guu7jW_etKk/edit#

Re: SDK 0.13.0 Release

Roberto Bagnara

On 04/08/21 01:15, Kumar Gala wrote:
Hi,
Latest version of the SDK can be found here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.13.0
Please download and try things out and report any issues.
• general:
• Added support for ARC64. NOTE: GDB isn't currently supported for ARC64.
• CI/go.sh changes to make building MacOS and CI building easier.
• Various fixes for building/packaging on MacOS
• Added GitHub CI workflow to build MacOS x86_64 packages

• qemu:
• Updated to QEMU 6.0.0
• Added arc64 support. NOTE: this update ARC support replaces the machine (-M simhs) with (-M virt). This change will require updates to boards/arc/qemu_arc/board.cmake in Zephyr to match.
• Pull in fix from upstream for TFM: target/arm: Use correct SP in M-profile exception
• Pull in fixes from upstream for: hw/arm: Fix modelling of SSE-300 TCMs and SRAM
• gcc:
• Update to gcc 10.3 release
• Added support for ARC64
• Removed libgcc transactional memory clone registry support
• Fixed incorrect build specs for libstdc++ nano variant. The libstdc++ nano
variant, which is used with newlib-nano, is now built with -fno-exceptions to reduce compiled binary size.
• binutils:
• Updated to add support for ARC64

• newlib:
• Updated to add support for ARC64
• Added multithreading support
• Fix nano.spec file to pull in nano libraries.
• Set -mthumb-interwork for nano newlib builds to workaround at crosstool issue.
• crosstool-ng:
• sync with upstream. Upstream now supports newlib-nano so we drop our Zephyr specific updates. This also pulls in gcc-10.3 and initial support for ARC64.
• Fix stripping of newlib-nano libs
• yocto:
• Update to yocto 3.2.3 baseline. This is in prep to support building qemu-6.0.0

• openocd:
• Update to upstream 20210630 snapshot
Thanks to all that contributed fixes and enhancements to this version of the SDK.
Hi there.

Would it make sense to add documentation to the SDK installers?
I mean, given the reference to gcc 10.3 in the announcement,
I know where to find GCC documentation for it, but what about
binutils, the standard libraries and the other stuff included.
Surely applicable documentation can be found, but the manual
process of finding the right documentation is cumbersome
and error prone.
What do you think?

Roberto

Re: Technical issue

lairdjm

Hi Sacha,
How have you configured it? Have you enabled and set the sample up to have the correct configuration options for your usecase? hcitool, hciconfig etc. are all deprecated tools, bluetoothctl is the single utility to use for Bluetooth when using BlueZ. Also BlueZ 5.50 is old, try on a newer build like 5.61.
Thanks,
Jamie

On Fri, 2021-09-03 at 01:25 -0700, Sacha Person via lists.zephyrproject.org wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem, the nrf52840 dongle using hci_usb sample isn't working on Raspberrypi OS.

Some of the BlueZ tools work with it but not others, can you check it out ?

Here's a StackOverflow question that shows all the error messages I've got with it, even following the Zephyr documentation:https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/667401/bluez-controller-not-working-with-every-bluetooth-services-but-some-of-them-yes

Thank you !

Technical issue

Sacha Person <sacha.prsn@...>

Hi,

I have a problem, the nrf52840 dongle using hci_usb sample isn't working on Raspberrypi OS.

Some of the BlueZ tools work with it but not others, can you check it out ?

Here's a StackOverflow question that shows all the error messages I've got with it, even following the Zephyr documentation: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/667401/bluez-controller-not-working-with-every-bluetooth-services-but-some-of-them-yes

Thank you !

Error -EADDRNOTAVAIL when using bt_mesh_model_publish()

Omar Morceli

Hi
I am trying to publish some data using a vendor model, and I am getting error code -125  ( -EADDRNOTAVAIL).
Knowing the device was successfully configured and the key was bound correctly with no errors found in the logs.

Vendor model Library

Omar Morceli

Hi
I have implemented a mesh network code based on the mesh sample (samples\bluetooth\mesh), I have added two vendor models and it works great when I tested it.
Now I'm trying to make these vendor models easily added to any bluetooth mesh code, so I have created a library (with headers files) .
and in the main code I added the vendor models using  BT_MESH_MODEL_VND_CB  and  all  callbacks and opcodes are defined in the library file.

The code gets built without any errors, the device gets provisioned with succes, but the models does't start publishing as they do in the simple code.

Is there anything I missed ?

thanks

Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - 09/02/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When:
09/02/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Sept 2nd

Kumar Gala

posix_apis: fails at test_posix_realtime for mimxrt1024_evk
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/35703

drivers: regulator: convert to gpio_dt_spec

Plus anything anyone else has.

- k

Re: Zephyr technical question

Benedikt Schmidt

Hi there,

the KConfig files contain the definitions of possible configuration options. You can then set them in your prj.conf like this:

CONFIG_BT_CTLR_TX_PWR_PLUS_5=y

Regards,

Benedikt Schmidt
Embedded Software Engineer
SILA Embedded Solutions GmbH
Framsweg 16
6020 Innsbruck
Austria
+43 512 319492
www.embedded-solutions.at
FN 408741s, HG St. Pölten

On 31.08.21 22:36, Ebrm Jam via lists.zephyrproject.org wrote:
Hi,

I have a technical question, I'm trying to modify the Tx power of the hci_usb sample before flashing it to a controller. I've found in the zephyr/subsys/bluetooth/
controller/Kconfig file that I can add "BT_CTLR_TX_PWR_0" somewhere, however I don't know where to put it, is it in the KConfig file or the prj.conf ?

Also, is it just the "BT_CTLR_TX_PWR_0" line that I need to add or
<config BT_CTLR_TX_PWR_PLUS_5
           bool "+5 dBm"
           depends on HAS_HW_NRF_RADIO_TX_PWR_HIGH>
entirely ?

Will it work for the hci_usb sample ?

Thank you so much

Zephyr technical question

Ebrm Jam <jokrsouthvision@...>

Hi,

I have a technical question, I'm trying to modify the Tx power of the hci_usb sample before flashing it to a controller. I've found in the zephyr/subsys/bluetooth/
controller/Kconfig file that I can add "BT_CTLR_TX_PWR_0" somewhere, however I don't know where to put it, is it in the KConfig file or the prj.conf ?

Also, is it just the "BT_CTLR_TX_PWR_0" line that I need to add or
<config BT_CTLR_TX_PWR_PLUS_5
           bool "+5 dBm"
           depends on HAS_HW_NRF_RADIO_TX_PWR_HIGH>
entirely ?

Will it work for the hci_usb sample ?

Thank you so much

Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 08/31/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
08/31/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi

Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 08/30/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
08/30/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#

Re: activating Low power mode with Bluetooth mesh sample

Trond Snekvik

Hi,

To support low power mode, you must set CONFIG_BT_MESH_LOW_POWER=y.
To make the device enter low power mode, either set CONFIG_BT_MESH_LPN_AUTO=y or call bt_mesh_lpn_set(true).
Note that low power mode can only be enabled after provisioning completes.

Trond

Thursday, August 26, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

<Mail Attachment.ics><invite.ics>

Thursday, August 26, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - 08/26/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When:
08/26/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Re: Problem in Mesh network

Trond Snekvik

Hi,

Both buffer errors are a result of missing adv buffers. To minimize copying, both relay buffers and transport buffers are allocated from the advertising buffer pool, so that's the one that needs to increase to resolve this.

If the total data rate for publications and relayed messages is higher than your advertiser's tx rate, increased buffer capacity will only get you so far though. Increasing the buffer count usually only helps with handling traffic spikes. Still, you'll definitely benefit from increasing it from 13 to something like 50 or 100.

Trond