Date

Nucleo f030r8 fails at QEMU Cortex M3 test

Maciej Dębski <maciej.debski@...>

Hello,

I just posted a pull request for my nucleo f030r8 support. Here it is:

The shippable ran all the tests correctly, just one with a failure, which is:
Sanitycheck / qemu_cortex_m3:tests/net/ieee802154/l2/test / qemu_cortex_m3/tests/net/ieee802154/l2/test

As far as I believe, this test is not related to my board. I am not sure though. Could you give me some information on how I should react to this?
How can I correct this? What does the test mean? Is there a way to not test my code with it?

Thank you for help,
Maciej Dębski

Re: Bluetooth Mesh - configuration server client and helth server client models

Johan Hedberg

Hi Jehudi,

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017, Laczen JMS wrote:
In the bluetooth mesh samples it is shown how to set-up and use the
configuration server and health server root models. Is there also an
example on how to use the configuration client and health client model ?
What are the routines that need to be defined for these models ?
The Client models would typically be operated by a device with a rich &
interactive user interface. As something like that is rarely found on
Zephyr-based device only the Server models are currently implemented.
For implementing client-side models, you could e.g. take example from
the mesh_demo app, which sends configuration messages to the local node
for self-configuration).

Johan

Bluetooth Mesh - configuration server client and helth server client models

laczenJMS

Hi,

In the bluetooth mesh samples it is shown how to set-up and use the configuration server and health server root models. Is there also an example on how to use the configuration client and health client model ? What are the routines that need to be defined for these models ?

Thanks, and kind regards,

Jehudi

Re: How to figure out the stack size for a thread?

Li, Jun R

Great! Thank you, Mike and Andrew!

From: Michael Rosen <michael.r.rosen@...>
Date: Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 11:41
To: "Li, Jun R" <jun.r.li@...>, "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>
Subject: RE: [Zephyr-devel] How to figure out the stack size for a thread?

Jun,

You can use CONFIG_STACK_USAGE to have the build system generate the .su files which summarize the stack usage (if computable at compile time) of all the functions in all the files. You can use this information to determine the max stack height a thread can reach so long as you know the deepest call path (and what functions are a part of it) but summing all of the static usages. I don’t know of an automated way to do this, but if someone else knows, please chime in!

For an experimental approach, see Andrew’s answer.

Mike

I’m wondering by which means to figure out the static stack size for a thread? Thank you!

Jun Li

NTG | Intel Corporation | Santa Clara

Re: How to figure out the stack size for a thread?

Michael Rosen

Jun,

You can use CONFIG_STACK_USAGE to have the build system generate the .su files which summarize the stack usage (if computable at compile time) of all the functions in all the files. You can use this information to determine the max stack height a thread can reach so long as you know the deepest call path (and what functions are a part of it) but summing all of the static usages. I don’t know of an automated way to do this, but if someone else knows, please chime in!

For an experimental approach, see Andrew’s answer.

Mike

I’m wondering by which means to figure out the static stack size for a thread? Thank you!

Jun Li

NTG | Intel Corporation | Santa Clara

Re: How to figure out the stack size for a thread?

Boie, Andrew P

Enable CONFIG_INIT_STACKS.

Use STACK_ANALYZE() from include/misc/stack.h to see how much of your thread stack has been used, that should help you to tune the size value.

HTH,

Andrew

I’m wondering by which means to figure out the static stack size for a thread? Thank you!

Jun Li

NTG | Intel Corporation | Santa Clara

How to figure out the stack size for a thread?

Li, Jun R

Hi there,

I’m wondering by which means to figure out the static stack size for a thread? Thank you!

Jun Li

NTG | Intel Corporation | Santa Clara

Re: Link error "undefined reference to `__heap_sentry'"

Boie, Andrew P

Thank you for the patch.

The test case tests/kernel/test_build should have caught this in its newlib configuration, but the build passes in that scenario. I'm looking into why this is the case.

Andrew