Date   

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Zephyr v2.7.0-rc3

Christopher Friedt
 

Hi Zephyr community!

Just a heads up that we have tagged v2.7.0-rc3 \o/ [1]

At the request of some other community members, I am opting to
continue code-naming release candidates, and this one will be
codenamed “Math Contest”, for … reasons.

There will be one last release candidate before the final v2.7.0 LTS
release is made.

For this LTS release, we will be doing things slightly differently.
Namely, we will
* create v2.7-branch
* allow merges to main to resume
* merge bug-fixes to the v2.7 branch as backports

The purpose of this approach is to ensure that merging new features
and enhancements can continue even while the final v2.7.0 LTS release
stabilizes. All changes targeting Zephyr v2.7 (LTS) need to be
submitted to the main branch and marked with the backport v2.7-branch
label. A bot will create a backport pull-request when the changes are
merged into the main branch. In case a change only targets the LTS
release, it must be submitted against the v2.7-branch.

Please note, that there may be some selectivity about backporting
fixes to v2.7-branch. Specifically, we cannot backport any fixes that
may introduce any additional risk or instability.

Thanks for your patience and we hope to see some incredible features
in main again soon!

C

Respect and enjoy the peace.
-- anonymous antagonist
[1] https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/releases/tag/v2.7.0-rc3


Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 09/27/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
09/27/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:
Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

Rob Woolley
 

I don’t have any agenda items for today. I propose that we cancel today's meeting and meet in 2 weeks.

I have put together a proposed agenda for October 4th to follow up on the items we have discussed: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#

Additional agenda items are warmly welcomed.

Have a great day,
Rob

-----Original Appointment-----
From: devel@... Group <devel@...>
Sent: April 16, 2021 4:15 PM
To: devel@... Group
Subject: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion
When: Occurs every 2 week(s) on Monday effective 2021-04-26 from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
Where: Microsoft Teams Meeting

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

______________________________ ______________________________ ____________________ Microsoft Teams meeting Join on your computer or mobile app Click here to join the meeting ( https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NWNkNzZmOGMtMjExZC00ODEwLWI5OTktMTg1MjMyZDk1NjBk%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d ) Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# ( tel:+13215586518,,546018126# ) United
+States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#
Find a local number ( https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/325d775d-c910-441e-90d0-353ebaa56cdd?id=546018126 ) | Reset PIN ( https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing ) Learn More ( https://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting ) | Meeting options ( https://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8&tenantId=af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2&threadId=19_meeting_NWNkNzZmOGMtMjExZC00ODEwLWI5OTktMTg1MjMyZDk1NjBk@thread.v2&messageId=0&language=en-US )

______________________________ ______________________________ ____________________


Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, September 23, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, September 23, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


19 Coverity issues

Christopher Friedt
 

We currently have 19 coverity issues, so please ensure that any issues
assigned to you are fixed in the near term.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3ACoverity


Re: Attn: Maintainers - LTS Release Notes v2.7.0

Christopher Friedt
 

For any strictly new maintainers, feel free to request to join the
maintainers team on GitHub. Thanks to Erwan for the reminder.

https://github.com/orgs/zephyrproject-rtos/teams/maintainers/members


On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 12:56 PM Christopher Friedt
<chrisfriedt@...> wrote:
Also, I would like to welcome the following new / added maintainers
since v2.6.0.

* Stephanos Ioannidis, C Library, CMSIS-DSP Integration, C++
* Robert Lubos, Networking
* Felipe Neves, Espressif Platforms
* Glauber Maroto Ferreira, Espressif Platforms
* Mulin Chao, Nuvoton_NPCX Platforms
* Jun Lin, Nuvoton_NPCX Platforms
* Wealian Liao, Nuvoton_NPCX Platforms
* Enjia Mai, Intel Platforms (X86)
* Tomasz Bursztyka, Drivers: PTP Clock
* David Leach, NXP Platforms
* Ryan Erickson, Drivers: Modem


Attn: Maintainers - LTS Release Notes v2.7.0

Christopher Friedt
 

Hi everyone!

It's that time of the release cycle, and I would like to invite all
maintainers to make PR's for the v2.7.0 LTS release notes [1].

There have been a number of additions already [2] so thanks to those
who have already made changes. For reference, please have a look at
previous release notes [3].

This release cycle is undoubtedly the largest ever. As such, I expect
that the release notes will be quite extensive, so please ensure that
you have sufficient time to make the necessary changes.

Also, I would like to welcome the following new / added maintainers
since v2.6.0.

* Stephanos Ioannidis, C Library, CMSIS-DSP Integration, C++
* Robert Lubos, Networking
* Felipe Neves, Espressif Platforms
* Glauber Maroto Ferreira, Espressif Platforms
* Mulin Chao, Nuvoton_NPCX Platforms
* Jun Lin, Nuvoton_NPCX Platforms
* Wealian Liao, Nuvoton_NPCX Platforms
* Enjia Mai, Intel Platforms (X86)
* Tomasz Bursztyka, Drivers: PTP Clock
* David Leach, NXP Platforms
* Ryan Erickson, Drivers: Modem

Please excuse me if I have forgotten anyone.

Thank you for all of your contributions!

C

[1] doc/releases/release-notes-2.7.rst
[2] https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/releases/release-notes-2.7.html
[3] https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/releases/index.html


Minimum required Zephyr SDK version update to 0.13.1

Stephanos Ioannidis
 

Hi all,

 

The Zephyr SDK 0.13.1 will be required to build the Zephyr main branch after #38733 is merged (to be merged in a day or so).

 

Please download and install the Zephyr SDK 0.13.1 from the following link:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.13.1

 

Regards,

 

Stephanos

 


Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 09/21/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
09/21/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Additional item, as per the Stable API Change procedure:

- RFC: API Change: IPM
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/38609
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/38523

Carles

-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 20 September 2021 22:07
To: devel@...
Cc: users@...
Subject: API meeting: Agenda

Hi all,

Agenda for tomorrow:

- Pinctrl: Now focusing on #37572 as the single PR to target our efforts
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/37572
- Updates by Gerard and Kumar on the state of the PR
- Discussion, specifically Devicetree layout format:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-
rtos/zephyr/discussions/35077#discussioncomment-1201394

If you have additional items please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40threa
d.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-
b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-
5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/g/devel/calendar
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18

Minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles


Re: API meeting: Agenda

Carlo Caione
 

On 20/09/2021 22:07, Carles Cufi wrote:
Hi all,
Agenda for tomorrow:
- Pinctrl: Now focusing on #37572 as the single PR to target our efforts
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/37572
- Updates by Gerard and Kumar on the state of the PR
- Discussion, specifically Devicetree layout format: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/discussions/35077#discussioncomment-1201394
If you have additional items please let me know.
Hey Carles,
can we talk about https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/38609 as well?

Thank you,

--
Carlo Caione


Custom driver Power Management in Zephyr

Srinivasan Tamilarasan
 

Hi,

In our SoC, Few drivers(uart, dma, trng, gpio etc) use Zephyr device model  and there are few drivers (wakeup timer, radio etc) does not use the zephyr driver. In that case the how to control the non zephyr driver (custom drivers) for the power management? For example Radio driver is outside of zephyr device driver sub system. In that case how to switch on or off the radio when the low power mode is entered in zephyr power management sub system?

 

Regards,

Srinivasan

 

 


API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi
 


SDK 0.13.1 Release

Kumar Gala
 

Hi,

There is a new SDK 0.13.1 release. This is mainly a bug fix release with the main aspect pulling in fixes for an ARM CVE w/GCC, v8m, and trustzone.

https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-35465

Latest version of the SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.13.1

Please download and try things out and report any issues.


• gdb:

• Fix ELF file format support issue on MacOS
• newlib:

• Fixed Xtensa malloc failure issue reported in zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr#38258.
• gcc:

• Pull in patches for Arm-GCC-CVE-2021-35465
• qemu:

• Allow setup of ARC's "virt" board memory size

Thanks to all that contributed fixes and enhancements to this version of the SDK.

- k


Now: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 09/20/2021 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
09/20/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 


Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 09/20/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
09/20/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 


Zephyr v2.7.0-rc2

Christopher Friedt
 

We are pleased to announce Zephyr 2.7.0-rc2 \o/

I'm going to nickname this release "Spoon Boy". That's not in any
official capacity. It just happens to be close to when The Matrix 4
trailer was released.

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try
to realize the truth..
There is no spoon.. it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."
-- Spoon Boy, The Matrix, 1999

This is the second release candidate in our stabilization period and
brings several bug-fixes and additional tests. Please see the release
page below for a full list of changes between v2.7.0-rc1 and
v2.7.0-rc2.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/releases/tag/v2.7.0-rc2

Just as a reminder, there are currently a disproportionate amount of
low-priority issues. The good news is that we have done very well to
keep on track for high priority and medium priority issues. For anyone
that has a few free cycles, please look at open issues that are
assigned to you and please consider picking off any low-hanging fruit
in the coming week.

I also wanted to say a special thank-you to Maureen Helm for all of
her contributions to Zephyr under the NXP umbrella. We're very
fortunate that Maureen will continue on as a member of the Zephyr
community as Sensor Driver Maintainer and Collaborator on the ARM
architecture.

David Leach is taking over maintainership for NXP from here on, so
thank-you to you as well David.

Lastly, thanks to all who contributed to this release!

C


Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Sept 16th

Bolivar, Marti
 

Minutes are up in the usual place:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15KUINNj7Re0GQiWYpqKvO5jgDw8oiQv3SGJfNHGaPOU/edit#heading=h.g794p090kv26

There was no time for pinctrl.

"Kumar Gala via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<kumar.gala=linaro.org@...> writes:

ipc_service: Introduce RPMsg multi-core backend:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F38328&;data=04%7C01%7Cmarti.bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7Cac683a04bcc74e02473f08d9790f6a2c%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637673929392905101%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=TZnuuSAxvqFEixd6SpRsqpMeEb4r3NgHl%2Bs18efAaMI%3D&amp;reserved=0

drivers: regulator: convert to gpio_dt_spec
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F37689&;data=04%7C01%7Cmarti.bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7Cac683a04bcc74e02473f08d9790f6a2c%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637673929392905101%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=0xBpqO3o3%2Fj48ZvSgZwJdAgPl5fJ14pPDCABRbuNFGA%3D&amp;reserved=0

Pinctrl - devicetree if we feel like it...

Plus anything anyone else has.

- k





Re: Why do_swap() sets cpu.current before context switch?

Yasushi SHOJI
 

Hi Katsuhiro and Andy,

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 7:52 PM Katsuhiro Suzuki
<katsuhiro@...> wrote:
On 2021/09/09 10:41, Yasushi SHOJI wrote:
On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 12:01 AM Katsuhiro Suzuki <katsuhiro@...> wrote:
On 2021/09/08 16:22, Yasushi SHOJI wrote:
On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 10:23 AM Katsuhiro Suzuki <katsuhiro@...> wrote:
Why do you `use _current_cpu` at all? `_arch_switch()` or
`arch_switch()` on the main branch takes
both new and old thread handles.
Because to keep consistency for another context switching (by preemption) and
other interrupts.
Only _current_cpu.current is available when an interrupt occurred.
The reason why we set _current to the new thread is that we can't set it after
we switch to the new thread. The newly switched thread will just start
running from
the point it left off. Otherwise, we have to make sure that each and
every arch must
set _current to the new thread in `arch_switch()`.
Hmm... It seems that in CONFIG_USE_SWITCH=n case (ex. aarch32(*)) _current_cpu.current
is updated by software interrupt handler.
(*) arch/arm/core/aarch32/swap_helper.S

So I wonder that why CONFIG_USE_SWITCH=y changed strategy to update current thread.
Ah, OK. I didn't answer your question at all. And I don't have the answer.

Andy, would you mind telling us if you have any comments about the
rationale behind this?

--
yashi

741 - 760 of 8790