Cancelled: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Monday, October 11, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Oct 6th

Kumar Gala

cmake: APPLICATION_CONFIG_DIR support implemented

drivers: regulator: convert to gpio_dt_spec

Plus anything anyone else has.

- k

Integrating gsm_modem sample code with mqtt_publisher sample #gsm_modem #ppp #networking

Brent (214500040@ukzn) <214500040@...>

Hello Everyone

I am attempting to connect my NRF5340dk to a MQTT test server (test.mosquitto.org / 5.196.95.208) via a GSM module (Ublox LARA R211 EVK).

- I integrated the gsm_modem sample with the mqtt_publisher sample.
- I flashed my application to nrf5340dk_nrf5340_cpuapp.
- The ppp connection was successfully established and I could ping google via the nrf53 dev kit.
- Whenever I ping'd google, I could view the data output via "CONFIG_MODEM_GSM_UART_NAME" i.e. UART port 1 (This NRF53 UART port was bridged to the GSM module).
- However whenever the MQTT code ran, there was no data output on  UART port 1 (CONFIG_MODEM_GSM_UART_NAME).

How should I approach this issue? i.e how do I route the mqtt connection via the GSM module.

Any advice would be truly appreciated!

RFC: drivers: serial: Use microseconds to represent timeout in asynchronous API

Chruściński, Krzysztof

Hi,

there is an open PR with change UART Asynchronous API to use microseconds to represent timeouts in uart_tx() and uart_rx_enable() functions (currently milliseconds are used). Note that UART Asynchronous API is marked as unstable.

Note that when it's merged, code will compile but provided argument will be interpreted differently by the driver! Action is required on the user side to multiply previously provided argument by 1000 to get the same behavior.

regards,
Krzysztof

Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 10/05/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
10/05/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Event: Zephyr: Networking Forum - 10/05/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Networking Forum

When:
10/05/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: tsc@...

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi

Now: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 10/04/2021 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
10/04/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 10/04/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
10/04/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Networking Forum Agenda

Lubos, Robert

Hi all,

We currently have one item on the agenda for the networking forum Tomorrow:

Please let me know if there is any other topics you’d like to cover during the forum.

Meeting notes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qFsOpvbyLzhflJbbv4Vl__497pKHDoUCy9hjAveyCX0

Shared Folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j6d0FLeOjiMil1Ellb59AsfHdzuWdAAc?usp=sharing

Teams meeting:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

Regards,
ROBERT LUBOS | Senior Firmware Engineer
M +48 504 088 482 | Krakow, Poland
nordicsemi.com | devzone.nordicsemi.com

Nordic_logo_signature

Zephyr v2.7.0-rc4

Christopher Friedt

Hi Zephyr Community!

We are very happy to announce the 4th candidate for the v2.7.0 LTS release \o/

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/releases/tag/v2.7.0-rc4

This release will be codenamed "Single-Handed Speed Run" for.. reasons [1].

Some important notes:
- We are introducing a new GitHub label "Blocker" to indicate an issue
blocks release
- Generally, the "Blocker" label is only assigned to existing medium
or high priority bugs
- To promote an issue to "Blocker" status, please bring it to the
attention of the release team [2]
- As of rc4, we will only be merging bug-fixes that have the label "Blocker"
- Code Freeze is on 2021-10-08. At that point, there will be no more
code changes to v2.7.0

Thanks to all of our valued members who have been verifying tagged
release candidates and for everyone who has contributed to this RC!

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVcmZJSxYPQ
[2] https://discord.com/channels/720317445772017664/733037890514321419

Re: TinyCrypt end of life - Help needed

Flavio Ceolin

Send it to users list as well.

Hello,

Recently Intel notify us about TinyCrypt end of life because Zephyr is
one major project still using it.

In order to respond it properly, the Zephyr PSIRT team needs to
understand how TinyCrypt is currently used on Zephyr. An
initial research shows that only the Bluetooth subsystem depends
(exclusively) on this library for hashing and elliptic curves.

We need the community feedback to know which other places are using
TinyCrypt, which features are being used and finally what is the most
constraint platform currently supported that is using TinyCrypt.

Based on the answers we will come up with some proposals to mitigate
this problem.

Regards,
Flavio Ceolin

Re: TinyCrypt end of life - Help needed

Flavio Ceolin

Good point, will forward to that list too.

Hi Flavio - it seems like this should be sent to users@ too, no?

On Fri, Oct 01 2021, Flavio Ceolin via lists.zephyrproject.org wrote:
Hello,

Recently Intel notify us about TinyCrypt end of life because Zephyr is
one major project still using it.

In order to respond it properly, the Zephyr PSIRT team needs to
understand how TinyCrypt is currently used on Zephyr. An
initial research shows that only the Bluetooth subsystem depends
(exclusively) on this library for hashing and elliptic curves.

We need the community feedback to know which other places are using
TinyCrypt, which features are being used and finally what is the most
constraint platform currently supported that is using TinyCrypt.

Based on the answers we will come up with some proposals to mitigate
this problem.

Regards,
Flavio Ceolin

Re: TinyCrypt end of life - Help needed

Bolivar, Marti

[...]

Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Sept 30

Bolivar, Marti

We did not have quorum to discuss the labeled issues, so the meeting time was used for v2.7 release preparation.