Date

STM32G0B0 unable to enumerate USB device #usb #stm32

arve@...

Hi!

I'm currently trying to get USB on a STM32G0B0 running. While booting i get the following error on the Linux Workstation:

[  691.189913] usb 1-5.2: new full-speed USB device number 15 using xhci_hcd
[  691.277922] usb 1-5.2: device descriptor read/64, error -32
[  691.469995] usb 1-5.2: device descriptor read/64, error -32
[  691.661146] usb 1-5.2: new full-speed USB device number 16 using xhci_hcd
[  691.737987] usb 1-5.2: device descriptor read/64, error -32
[  691.929996] usb 1-5.2: device descriptor read/64, error -32
[  692.042587] usb 1-5-port2: attempt power cycle
[  692.661884] usb 1-5.2: new full-speed USB device number 17 using xhci_hcd
[  692.662050] usb 1-5.2: Device not responding to setup address.
[  692.870040] usb 1-5.2: Device not responding to setup address.
[  693.077908] usb 1-5.2: device not accepting address 17, error -71
[  693.157913] usb 1-5.2: new full-speed USB device number 18 using xhci_hcd
[  693.158048] usb 1-5.2: Device not responding to setup address.
[  693.366043] usb 1-5.2: Device not responding to setup address.
[  693.573869] usb 1-5.2: device not accepting address 18, error -71
[  693.574633] usb 1-5-port2: unable to enumerate USB device

I use the following dev tree clock config:
/* clock config for external 8 MHz crystal and 48 MHz system clock for USB */

&clk_hse {
    status = "okay";
    clock-frequency = <DT_FREQ_M(8)>;
};

&pll {
    div-m = <1>;
    mul-n = <12>;
    div-p = <2>;
    div-q = <2>;
    div-r = <2>;
    clocks = <&clk_hse>;
    status = "okay";
};

&rcc {
    clocks = <&pll>;
    clock-frequency = <DT_FREQ_M(48)>;
    ahb-prescaler = <1>;
    apb1-prescaler = <1>;
};

/ {
    chosen {
        zephyr,console = &cdc_acm_uart0;

with the following app overlay:

&zephyr_udc0 {
    cdc_acm_uart0: cdc_acm_uart0 {
        compatible = "zephyr,cdc-acm-uart";
        label = "CDC_ACM_0";

the following def and project configuration is applied:

# Zephyr Kernel Configuration
CONFIG_SOC_SERIES_STM32G0X=y
CONFIG_SOC_STM32G0B0XX=y

# Enable MPU
CONFIG_ARM_MPU=y

# Serial Drivers
CONFIG_SERIAL=y
CONFIG_UART_INTERRUPT_DRIVEN=y
# enable console
CONFIG_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_UART_CONSOLE=y

# Pinmux Driver
CONFIG_PINMUX=y

# GPIO Controller
CONFIG_GPIO=y

# Enable Clocks
CONFIG_CLOCK_CONTROL=y

# 48 MHz system clock (48 MHz is max for USB)
CONFIG_SYS_CLOCK_HW_CYCLES_PER_SEC=48000000

# config peripherals
CONFIG_GPIO=y
CONFIG_SERIAL=y
CONFIG_SPI=n
CONFIG_I2C=n

# configs for USB console
# CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_DRIVER=y
CONFIG_USB_DC_STM32=y
CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_STACK=y
CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_PRODUCT="#arve USB console"
CONFIG_USB_CDC_ACM=y
CONFIG_USB_UART_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_USB_CDC_ACM_LOG_LEVEL_ERR=y

CONFIG_UART_INTERRUPT_DRIVEN=y
CONFIG_UART_LINE_CTRL=y
#CONFIG_UART_CONSOLE_ON_DEV_NAME="CDC_ACM"

CONFIG_USB_COMPOSITE_DEVICE=n
CONFIG_USB_MASS_STORAGE=n

# config logging
CONFIG_LOG=y
CONFIG_PRINTK=y
CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK=y
CONFIG_LOG_BUFFER_SIZE=2048

The application is a simple blinky with usb console which works perfectly on an STM32H743vi.
The STM32G0B0 is on a custom boad which seems to work perfectly with internal and external clock.

Many thanks for your help in advance!
Best Regards,
Thomas

Hawkbit sample - Gateway Security Token Authentication

Brenton Chetty

Hi, I am attempting to use the Hawkbit sample to connect to an online hawkbit server. I am using the nrf5340dk with a gsm modem. The board has internet connectivity, i.e. I tested the board by connecting it to an online MQTT server.

I have browsed through the code, and I could not figure out how to utilize Gateway Security Token Authentication for this application.

If you have any suggestions for the following questions, I would truly appreciate it.
     1. How do I enable "Gateway Security Token Authentication" for this application.
     2. How do I enable "Target Security Token Authentication" for this application.
     3. Is there any way for me to enable a debug log for this application, i.e. when I run the
         sample,  the log outputs "Hawkbit sample app started", however it gives no information
         about  the connection including connection issues.
     4. How do I enter user authentication credentials? i.e. username and password

Once again, any advice would be truly appreciated. I have been stuck on this issue for a while.

With thanks
Brenton

Re: ztest and code coverage on actual hardware

Perkowski, Maciej

Hi Jamie,

I am not sure what are you referring to. I am running daily on-target tests on quite a big setup internally at Nordic and I haven’t observed any major breakdown. You can find the on-target results here: https://testing.zephyrproject.org/daily_tests/index.html The latest one with Nordic boards is this one: https://testing.zephyrproject.org/daily_tests/v2.7.99-1421-gaace2da7007d/report/index.html

I cannot access the devzone link you’ve added (waiting to get a proper permission). If we move the discussion to the zephyr’s official discord https://chat.zephyrproject.org/, to the testing channel I will try to provide some more direct help to you.

Regards,

Maciej Perkowski | Software Test Developer
M +48 728 395 111 | Kraków, Poland
nordicsemi.com | devzone.nordicsemi.com

Nordic_logo_signature

Tuesday, November 23, 2021
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Re: ztest and code coverage on actual hardware

Carles Cufi

+ Maciej

[...]

lairdjm

[...]

Cancelled Event: Zephyr: Power Management Sync - Thursday, November 25, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr: Power Management Sync

Thursday, November 25, 2021
11:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,677440320# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 677 440 320#

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, November 25, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

Thursday, November 25, 2021
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 11/22/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
11/22/2021
8:00am to 9:00am

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#

Re: ztest and code coverage on actual hardware

Garrett LoVerde

I have no extra insight to provide as I've only ever used Mbed OS's on device automated test infrastructure.

But I will say that I plan to get a device test farm running at some point and will need a solution for Zephyr.

-Garrett LoVerde

ztest and code coverage on actual hardware

lairdjm

Hi,
We are trying to get twister working to run zephyr tests with code coverage using real hardware (Nordic-based) but seem to be having issues with this:
  1. The nrfjprog reset does not seem to work - the kernel tests halt when they run the oops function and the `nrfjprog --reset` function does not work when the module is in this state, it seems to only work when using --debugreset and it doesn't look like twister can use this (I've opened a support ticket with nordic on this separately)
  2. With code coverage enabled for our modules in the boards file and running twister with it enabled, tests do not seem to run, the start up code gets stuck on https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/main/subsys/testsuite/coverage/coverage.c#L273 where it faults, if we enable code coverage with a normal non-test application e.g. hello_world, we see it run and then output the gcov data, if we run the test without code coverage enabled, it works. It only seems to be when both ztest and code coverage are enabled that this does not work
  3. It mentions in one of the MPU files that userspace is required for code coverage but I don't understand the reason for this, e.g. with the hello_world example it is not using userspace and can still output data (I haven't checked the data to see if it's valid or not). This raises an issue because if we try building one of the kernel tests with code coverage and userspace mode enabled, the required RAM is about 300KB - we are aiming to test on modules with 64-256KB RAM so a 300KB requirement is unworkable
Does anyone have ideas for these issues or do code coverage checks on real hardware?
Thanks,
Jamie

DWM1000 driver and TWR

tomasz adamowicz

Hi,
Is there any possibility to use Dw1000 driver for two way ranging application? I am asking because this driver supports gPTP for which timestamps is reduced to nanoseconds, which is not enought for precision TOF measurements.

Tomasz

Event: Zephyr: Power Management Sync - 11/18/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Power Management Sync

When:
11/18/2021
11:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,677440320# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 677 440 320#

Zephyr SDK 0.13.2 Release

Stephanos Ioannidis

Hi,

Zephyr SDK 0.13.2 has been released.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.13.2

This release contains several bug fixes and enhancements:

  • gcc:
    • Added multilibs for the RISC-V RV32E targets.
    • Disabled MIPS GP register optimisation, which is not supported by the
      Zephyr MIPS architecture port.
  • newlib:
    • Enabled C99 format specifier support for newlib full variant.
  • qemu:
    • Added MIPS little endian emulation
    • Update xilinx qemu to 5.1.0
    • Added Xilinx MicroBlaze little endian emulation
  • openocd:
    • Fixed missing DBG clock on STM32G0/L0.
    • Fixed image verification for ARC.

Please try it out and report if you find any issues.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this SDK release.

Regards,

Stephanos

Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Nov 18th

Kevin Townsend

One more PoC I've poked at as a Zephyr module, making a processing pipeline for sensor data similar to what Noed-Red does conceptually:

Kevin

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 16:55, Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...> wrote:
All,

The weekly dev-review meeting will focus on the Sensor API and be lead by Maureen.

Here are some links for background on the topic:

• Lack of a performant sensor API
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/1387 ]

• Updated Sensor API
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/13718 ]

• Asynchronous sensor API
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21515 ]

• ZIO: Beginnings of a Sampled Input/Output API
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/14008 ]

• Rtio: Real-Time Stream and Sensor API
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17434 ]

• Include Android’s CHRE as a module
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/37223 ]

- k

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Nov 18th

Kumar Gala

All,

The weekly dev-review meeting will focus on the Sensor API and be lead by Maureen.

Here are some links for background on the topic:

• Lack of a performant sensor API
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/1387 ]

• Updated Sensor API
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/13718 ]

• Asynchronous sensor API
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21515 ]

• ZIO: Beginnings of a Sampled Input/Output API
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/14008 ]

• Rtio: Real-Time Stream and Sensor API
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17434 ]

• Include Android’s CHRE as a module
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/37223 ]

- k

Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - 11/18/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When:
11/18/2021
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 11/16/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
11/16/2021
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

API meeting: agenda