Date

Changes to project CI, please rebase your pull-requests

Nashif, Anas

Hello Everyone,

We have done some changes to the project CI and switched to Github action for the main workflow running twister. This workflow was run using buildkite until now.

The change requires a rebase of your pull-requests on top of the HEAD of the main branch.

See the commit for more information about the changes:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/commit/5c24fcb4aeff54766dd053d0d59e2aec89ea1a16

Thank you,

Anas

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, November 23, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Re: ztest and code coverage on actual hardware

Carles Cufi

+ Maciej

Thursday, November 25, 2021
11:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,677440320# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 677 440 320#

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, November 25, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

Thursday, November 25, 2021
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 11/22/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
11/22/2021
8:00am to 9:00am

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#

Re: ztest and code coverage on actual hardware

Garrett LoVerde

I have no extra insight to provide as I've only ever used Mbed OS's on device automated test infrastructure.

But I will say that I plan to get a device test farm running at some point and will need a solution for Zephyr.

-Garrett LoVerde

ztest and code coverage on actual hardware

lairdjm

Hi,
We are trying to get twister working to run zephyr tests with code coverage using real hardware (Nordic-based) but seem to be having issues with this:
  1. The nrfjprog reset does not seem to work - the kernel tests halt when they run the oops function and the `nrfjprog --reset` function does not work when the module is in this state, it seems to only work when using --debugreset and it doesn't look like twister can use this (I've opened a support ticket with nordic on this separately)
  2. With code coverage enabled for our modules in the boards file and running twister with it enabled, tests do not seem to run, the start up code gets stuck on https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/main/subsys/testsuite/coverage/coverage.c#L273 where it faults, if we enable code coverage with a normal non-test application e.g. hello_world, we see it run and then output the gcov data, if we run the test without code coverage enabled, it works. It only seems to be when both ztest and code coverage are enabled that this does not work
  3. It mentions in one of the MPU files that userspace is required for code coverage but I don't understand the reason for this, e.g. with the hello_world example it is not using userspace and can still output data (I haven't checked the data to see if it's valid or not). This raises an issue because if we try building one of the kernel tests with code coverage and userspace mode enabled, the required RAM is about 300KB - we are aiming to test on modules with 64-256KB RAM so a 300KB requirement is unworkable
Does anyone have ideas for these issues or do code coverage checks on real hardware?
Thanks,
Jamie

DWM1000 driver and TWR

tomasz adamowicz

Hi,
Is there any possibility to use Dw1000 driver for two way ranging application? I am asking because this driver supports gPTP for which timestamps is reduced to nanoseconds, which is not enought for precision TOF measurements.

Tomasz

Event: Zephyr: Power Management Sync - 11/18/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Power Management Sync

When:
11/18/2021
11:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,677440320# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 677 440 320#

Zephyr SDK 0.13.2 Release

Stephanos Ioannidis

Hi,

Zephyr SDK 0.13.2 has been released.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.13.2

This release contains several bug fixes and enhancements:

  • gcc:
    • Added multilibs for the RISC-V RV32E targets.
    • Disabled MIPS GP register optimisation, which is not supported by the
      Zephyr MIPS architecture port.
  • newlib:
    • Enabled C99 format specifier support for newlib full variant.
  • qemu:
    • Added MIPS little endian emulation
    • Update xilinx qemu to 5.1.0
    • Added Xilinx MicroBlaze little endian emulation
  • openocd:
    • Fixed missing DBG clock on STM32G0/L0.
    • Fixed image verification for ARC.

Please try it out and report if you find any issues.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this SDK release.

Regards,

Stephanos

Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Nov 18th

Kevin Townsend

One more PoC I've poked at as a Zephyr module, making a processing pipeline for sensor data similar to what Noed-Red does conceptually:

Kevin

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 16:55, Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...> wrote:
All,

The weekly dev-review meeting will focus on the Sensor API and be lead by Maureen.

Here are some links for background on the topic:

• Lack of a performant sensor API
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/1387 ]

• Updated Sensor API
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/13718 ]

• Asynchronous sensor API
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21515 ]

• ZIO: Beginnings of a Sampled Input/Output API
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/14008 ]

• Rtio: Real-Time Stream and Sensor API
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17434 ]

• Include Android’s CHRE as a module
 [ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/37223 ]

- k

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Nov 18th

Kumar Gala

All,

The weekly dev-review meeting will focus on the Sensor API and be lead by Maureen.

Here are some links for background on the topic:

• Lack of a performant sensor API
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/1387 ]

• Updated Sensor API
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/13718 ]

• Asynchronous sensor API
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21515 ]

• ZIO: Beginnings of a Sampled Input/Output API
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/14008 ]

• Rtio: Real-Time Stream and Sensor API
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17434 ]

• Include Android’s CHRE as a module
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/37223 ]

- k

Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - 11/18/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When:
11/18/2021
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 11/16/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
11/16/2021
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi

Now: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 11/15/2021 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
11/15/2021
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 11/15/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
11/15/2021
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Re: Functional Safety Certification

Hibberd, Amber M

Hi Thomas,

I am the Safety Architect for the Zephyr Project. I set up time with you 11/23 at 9:30 am PST to meet and chat about ZP safety plans.

Best,

Amber