Date

SDK 0.13.0 Release

Latest version of the SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.13.0

Please download and try things out and report any issues.

• general:
• Added support for ARC64. NOTE: GDB isn't currently supported for ARC64.
• CI/go.sh changes to make building MacOS and CI building easier.
• Various fixes for building/packaging on MacOS
• Added GitHub CI workflow to build MacOS x86_64 packages

• qemu:
• Updated to QEMU 6.0.0
• Added arc64 support. NOTE: this update ARC support replaces the machine (-M simhs) with (-M virt). This change will require updates to boards/arc/qemu_arc/board.cmake in Zephyr to match.
• Pull in fix from upstream for TFM: target/arm: Use correct SP in M-profile exception
• Pull in fixes from upstream for: hw/arm: Fix modelling of SSE-300 TCMs and SRAM

• gcc:

• Update to gcc 10.3 release
• Added support for ARC64
• Removed libgcc transactional memory clone registry support
• Fixed incorrect build specs for libstdc++ nano variant. The libstdc++ nano
variant, which is used with newlib-nano, is now built with -fno-exceptions to reduce compiled binary size.

• binutils:
• Updated to add support for ARC64

• newlib:
• Updated to add support for ARC64
• Added multithreading support
• Fix nano.spec file to pull in nano libraries.
• Set -mthumb-interwork for nano newlib builds to workaround at crosstool issue.

• crosstool-ng:
• sync with upstream. Upstream now supports newlib-nano so we drop our Zephyr specific updates. This also pulls in gcc-10.3 and initial support for ARC64.
• Fix stripping of newlib-nano libs

• yocto:
• Update to yocto 3.2.3 baseline. This is in prep to support building qemu-6.0.0

• openocd:
• Update to upstream 20210630 snapshot

Thanks to all that contributed fixes and enhancements to this version of the SDK.

How to receive published data using MQTT subscriber?

Brenton Chetty

Hi devel team

May you please assist me with this issue.

I managed to use the "mqtt_publisher" example in the sample folder, as well as the "mqtt_pubsub" and "mqtt_subscriber" in "zephyr/tests/net/lib".

From the subscriber examples I could not find code to receive messages which are published to the subscribed topic.

- Is there any example code available for receiving the messages from the subscribed topic?
- If not, how do you suggest I proceed?

With thanks
Brenton

Networking Forum cancelled today

Lubos, Robert

Hi,

Since there were no topics on the agenda for the Networking Forum today, I’ve cancelled the event.

Regards,

Robert

Cancelled Event: Zephyr: Networking Forum - Tuesday, August 3, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr: Networking Forum

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: tsc@...

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, August 3, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

Tuesday, August 3, 2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 08/02/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
08/02/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#

OpenOCD Remote connection configuration in west

Srinivasan Tamilarasan

Hi,

I need to connect my target board remotely using OpenOCD debugger. For now separate batch script is working for me using arm-none-ebbi-gdb connection.

I need to enable the west flash for my custom target board. By default, west flash command initiates local connection. Instead I need to connect the remote target device using tcp ip server.

Let me know, to achieve the openOcd remote connection, what is configuration needed in the board.cmake file?

Regards,

Srinivasan

Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda July 29th

Bolivar, Marti

Event: Zephyr Dev environment kickoff meeting - 07/30/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Dev environment kickoff meeting

When:
07/30/2021
2:00pm to 3:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: tsc@...

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,943776726#   United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 943 776 726#

Re: West Flash failed with J-Link via JTAG connection

Srinivasan Tamilarasan

Hi,

The issue resolved by adding below command,

board_runner_args(jlink "--device=RUBY" "--speed=4000" "--iface=jtag" "--tool-opt=-jtagconf -1,-1 -autoconnect 1")

Regards,

Srinivasan