Date

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Thu, 09/24/2020 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
Thursday, 24 September 2020
2:00pm to 3:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, 24 September 2020 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 24 September 2020
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Thu, 09/24/2020 2:00pm-3:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When: Thursday, 24 September 2020, 2:00pm to 3:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Maureen Helm

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 24 September 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten

Call for today’s Toolchain WG.

Agenda

  • Updates:
    • Toolchain related issues for 2.4
    • Thomas: IAR: Updates ?
    • Zephyr SDK.
    • Milestones for 2.5 ?

Feel free to send a mail, if you would like additional topics to be discussed.

Best regards

Torsten T. Rasmussen

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)

Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Re: Memory protection and picolibc global state

Boie, Andrew P

Hi Keith,

Sorry, just saw this. There are some k_mem_partitions defined which can help with this, z_malloc_partition and z_libc_partition.

z_malloc_partition is for the malloc() arena, which is global.
z_libc_partition is for any other globals associated with the libc.

These are defined in include/sys/libc-hooks.h along with the further comments.

This situation is not ideal. We would eventually like separate libc library globals and malloc arenas on a per memory domain basis (not per thread). This is, to put it mildly, tricky to do when all you have is an MPU. There's a issue here about it: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/25891 the last comment has my current thinking on this problem.

HTH,

Sender : Lawrence King <lawrence.king@...>

Date : 2020-09-11 18:30 (GMT+5:30)

Title : Re: [Zephyr-devel] Regarding issue in cmake build of hci_uart module

Which version of Zephyr are you trying to build? Run ‘git branch’ to find out. The newer versions of Zephyr require Zephyr SDK newer than v0.11.1

Also did you do a ‘west update’? this is required to pull in the right versions of the hal to match the version of Zephyr you have checked out.

Lawrence King

Principal Developer

+1(416)627-7302